PDA

View Full Version : New Article

MikeF
11-28-2003, 09:42 PM
http://www.hotrod.com/thehistoryof/113_0401_boat/index4.html
Jus thought you might want to know.:D

Jet City
11-29-2003, 12:54 AM
How cool is that, Hot-Rod getting interested in boats again, they sure found the right guy to explain it. Good list of links in that article as well.

MikeF
11-29-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by riodog
Don't mean to tag your 'hero', BUT he's got the loader in the wrong position. It's ass backwards!
Rio:yuk:
I'm pretty sure it is in the "right" position!:D And he would know.:p

Moomawnster
11-29-2003, 07:52 AM
This is not a loader but it shows the mounting plate position .......
Forget the "HERO" crap, the man is an Expert .
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/139Intake.jpg

BrendellaJet
11-29-2003, 09:07 AM
Don't mean to tag your 'hero', BUT he's got the loader in the wrong position. It's ass backwards!
you go ahead and mount yours the"right way" we'll see whose is faster:D

malcolm
11-29-2003, 10:26 AM
Better look again Dog!

Liberator TJ1984
11-29-2003, 10:42 AM
Would not exactly call it a " Loader " :rolleyes: either
Looks more like a Rock Grate to me :wink: but what the hell do I know:D
Gopherrr

likwidsukr
11-29-2003, 11:02 AM
That has got to be embarassing:confused: :argue:

Moomawnster
11-29-2003, 11:07 AM
Ok , be that way ..... :yuk:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/139E_Series_Shoe_2315.jpg

Oldsquirt
11-29-2003, 11:24 AM
Rio, you might want to take another look at that pic, or maybe check out the hardware on YOUR pump. The pic is CORRECT!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/66LoaderShoe-med.bmp

Cs19
11-29-2003, 12:14 PM
I guess thats how his pump guy sets up his hardware,assbackwards.:D

ChetCapoli
11-29-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by MikeF
Just thought you might want to know.:D
You posted this on 3 boards already...how can we help but NOT knowing it..:confused: Did you get a donut for the good deed??? You can put it around that hard peepee you got. :D
As for you riodog, you startin to act like that chet guy...have a little respect will ya! :wink:
CHET

GlastronGuy
11-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
You posted this on 3 boards already...how can we help but NOT knowing it..:confused: Did you get a donut for the good deed??? You can put it around that hard peepee you got. :D
As for you riodog, you startin to act like that chet guy...have a little respect will ya! :wink:
CHET
I posted in on 7 more.

460rogers
11-29-2003, 04:19 PM
Looks right to me look at the pics again.It's more aggressive than my loader but looks right to me. WE BE COOL The king said so.

jweeks123
11-29-2003, 09:39 PM
a curious place this is. everyone flaming and noone talking about what they see in the loader photo. is that loader from hicks boat? what are the numbers all about? and the row of holes across the middle? it does look quite aggressive.
jw

MikeF
11-30-2003, 08:35 AM
I do not believe that is for Hicks' boat. It might have been BP's.
The holes drilled in the loader are for mounting different size/position blocker to keep water out (I think:p ).
That one is one of his new stainless loaders.:cool:

MikeF
11-30-2003, 08:39 AM
Chet, My favorite donut in the world is the cruller (of course free goes pretty far too). Do you have a favorite?

victorfb
11-30-2003, 09:51 AM
heres what i see in the pic....
a pretty clean work bench, with just the stuff needed for that particular project. no extra junk and tools all over the place. a clean container holding the other shoes that are all labeled/marked for thier size and cut. a half a roll of paper towel that he obviously uses, a few clean and FOLDED nicely stacked rags. laying down there is a very clean cut shoe (in the correct position), a nicely built loader grate with some good welding done being held in the correct position by a hand that has a wrist band from the Betty Ford clinic worn by out patient members. ok ok, maybe not everything i said is true, but you allways have to stretch it a bit...:p half a roll of paper towels :p yea right...

bp
11-30-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
CHET
now there's a slam if there ever was one.
the loader is not mine, nor is it jerry's. it's jacks. it's patterned after a typical mpd center blocker. the holes allow changes in blocker length, or a different angle blocker. although the pattern is typical, there is something very different about this particular loader, from any other loader built by mpd. the angle IS correct for installation into the boat. we don't have loader strakes banging into the intake. :rolleyes:
the wristband is the pit pass, the hand belongs to mpd (or maybe mpd belongs to the hand?).

screamdreambrad
11-30-2003, 03:54 PM
all this talk about the loader and the like and nobody bothers to say hey brad and steve good job for getting them up there. if it weren't for steve brule' and me letting david drive my boat they wouldn't have even come up to the races! damn. how about brad your boat looked good in the magazine! brad

screamdreambrad
11-30-2003, 03:56 PM
ps. and on hotrod tv too! bp is the only one to say squat about it! thanks bp

565edge
11-30-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by OLDSQUIRT
Rio, you might want to take another look at that pic, or maybe check out the hardware on YOUR pump. The pic is CORRECT!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/66LoaderShoe-med.bmp
O.k. guys i think i know whos loader that is.BP why is that loader different?Congrats on the article screamdream.I beleive that loader is mine.I am now famous:D .Actually that is my loader,you can see my last name going across the farside of it.Gadberry.Anyways the loader works very well,The boat launches a hell of a lot better.

screamdreambrad
11-30-2003, 04:53 PM
thanks 565. man i've got to take a look at your loader. that is sweet!

bp
12-01-2003, 08:57 AM
brad, you did good, and so did steve. really, we've had a lot of good pr this year both from the hotrod deal and from ***boat.
allan, if that's your loader, maybe it's not the one i'm thinking about, but it certainly looks like the different one. if no one else want's to guess, i'm don't want to say why it's different.

flat broke
12-01-2003, 09:46 AM
BP would the difference have anything to do with the molecular composition of the part?
Either way, a nice surprise to see HotRod looking at the NJBA guys. Maybe they'll figure out that it takes a lot more to make a motor haul ass and live in a boat than it does in a car. Exposure in larger national publications like HotRod is great for all parties involved in our sport. Cross over articles in Truckin and HotRod would help with sponsoship $$ through advertising base for more development.
Good job to all involved for gathering additional exposure for our sickness.
Chris