PDA

View Full Version : gauges???

72 superlite
11-28-2003, 11:57 PM
I'm looking for gauges for the Sanger. Need Tach 3 3/8", water temp 2 5/8", and Oil pressure 2 5/8". Wanted to go with white face and chrome bezel, but so far no luck. Tried summit, Jegs, and Rex. So far it looks like the autometer aluminum face and bezel will be the ones. Also, what do you guys think about mechanical versus, electric?

Rexone
11-29-2003, 12:42 AM
A couple possibles for you on the chrome/white combo.
Go to Autometer.com and check out the artic white in the street rod section. These are not marine gauges but do have the chrome/white combo you're looking for. We can get if you need.
Also, check out the Faria SS White HERE (http://www.rexmar.com/page80.html) . These are stainless bezels with white faces.
We can get any gauge either of these manufactures makes if you need something we don't have online.

11-29-2003, 09:18 AM
Rick, Use the mechanical guages where ever possible....I know, kinda tough to find a mechanical voltmeter, huh?

Cole Sanger
11-29-2003, 04:58 PM
Check out these guys. They had the best prices about a year ago.
http://store.yahoo.com/nisongerautomarine/index.html

72 superlite
11-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Rexone, I saw those on your site, but it looked yo me like they were 2 1/16", but I need 2 5/8", the same with the Autometers you mentioned. If I'm wrong let me know. While I've got your attention, I will be needing a stringer mount battery try for an optima, I see that you have them. looks like you have to get the tray and stringer brackets seperate. are the brackets really strong enough to hold the battery off the stringer in a flat bottom without bending , or should I think about mounting it right to the floor? I'd rather not have to drill through the bottom if I don't have to. Bob i'm not running a volt gauge, and now I'm glad because I can't stop thinking about a mechanical one, and now my head hurts. Good to hear from you, hope all is well.

Rexone
11-29-2003, 05:38 PM
You are correct they are all 2 1/16. I'm at a loss for 2 5/8 with the white / chrome combo. Those stringer brackets are the standard ones Dana offers. If it were me I'd make my own out of 3/4 bar on edge (not hard to make) kind of triangular in shape. I hate drilling through the bottom too. To answer your question on bending I've never tried them in a flat but I wouldn't use them in one. If you have any questions or need help just PM or call. :)

72 superlite
11-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Thanks for all your help guys. Ordered gauges this morning, from Jegs. awesome customer service, I was talking to a real person just seconds after dialing, and he was able to answer my questions, a novel idea in customer service, I must say. I held a vote at my sons birthday party last night with pictures of the gauges I printed, taped to the dash of the sanger. The winner was the Carbon Fiber faced Autometers. Rexone I will be ordering a Battery tray from you shortly, and will be fabricating my own brackets. I really appreciate your input on the battery deal. You will be getting my business and I will recomend you to others. Thanks again.
Rick

Sangster
11-30-2003, 12:31 PM
Carbon Fiber faced Autometers.....Nice choice....We had those in our Black hydro....Very Nice..:cool: :cool:

Rexone
11-30-2003, 12:44 PM
Make sure you're aware... the Carbon Fiber Jegs sells are the automotive version not marine. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them (we sell the auto gauges too, as well as marine).
The differences are the marine gauges have a better sealed lens (automotive do not have a seal at all), different non-corrosive hardware internal and external, and warranty for boat use, plus some models not available in automotive, like trim, GPS speedos, different tachs, and a couple others. Everything that you currently see on our website in White marine is also available in carbon fiber, and in ultra lite (silver). Those pages will be up soon. They are priced comparable to automotive guages from Summit, Jegs, PAW, etc.
Just let us know on the bat box, happy to help. :)

RaysonKid
11-30-2003, 12:54 PM
After all the work on 72Superlites boat.
You think he will actually get it wet?
The gauges wont get a drop on them.....:D

11-30-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by RaysonKid
After all the work on 72Superlites boat.
You think he will actually get it wet?
The gauges wont get a drop on them.....:D OUCH...!:D

72 superlite
11-30-2003, 10:09 PM
Thats right can't get it wet, tried saving a little cash by using watercolors. I'll have to put it in the dragboat museum in Port Angeles Wa. it will be safe there. (inside joke) It will be used every chance I get. Boats wuz made for boating.

LVjetboy
11-30-2003, 10:43 PM
V-drive right? All you need is a big-ass tach.
jer

RaysonKid
12-01-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by LVjetboy
V-drive right? All you need is a big-ass tach.
jer
Is your super fast jet running yet???

12-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by RaysonKid
Is your super fast jet running yet??? Oh, damn....now he is gonna drag out all his charts, graphs and in-depth explanations on why his engine makes the power and torque where it does and why and with footnotes too. Jeff, please don't ask him about engine to pump relationship and impeller, loader grate to nozzle ratios, The forums don't have enough bandwidth.:p :D :D :D

LVjetboy
12-01-2003, 05:34 PM
Yes the jet's running. No, no charts or graphs for you guys :)
jer

Rexone
12-01-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by LVjetboy
Yes the jet's running. No, no charts or graphs for you guys :)
jer
damn I was looking forward to an evening of calculus, trigonometry and their relation to physics and the effect on the orbit of jupiter. :(