PDA

View Full Version : speed racer..

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-29-2003, 12:41 PM
on the cartoon back in the day.. does anyone know what the G stands for on his shirt??? :D

Elk Chaser
11-29-2003, 12:56 PM
"Go speed racer":confused:

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-29-2003, 12:57 PM
i don't know.. everyone seems to have all the info here and i was bored thought someone might know.. I was watching it with my son yesturday and i was currious.. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-29-2003, 01:22 PM
no no thanks for the info.. you know when you start thinking of something and can't stop until you find out the answer well you answered it for me.. thanks.. and does the m on his hat stand for mach 5 or something like that?? :D

HammerDown
11-29-2003, 01:58 PM
I never liked that cartoon...and now it's on SpeedVision.
One thing I currently noticed...Speed wears eye make up, tight white pants, hangs around with a little boy and a chimp.
Kinda like someone else we all know.
I'm thinking ol Speedy is a little light in the loafers.
"So beat it...just beat it"

ratso
11-29-2003, 02:08 PM
Does anyone remember Tobor The 8th Man? He also drove fast cars. He was involved in a bad accident and a doctor I think saved his life. Can anyone tell me how he got his name? I already know the answer.:D

HammerDown
11-29-2003, 02:12 PM
Tobar was cool(backwards =ROBOT)...but ASTRO BOY...he was gay. He and Marine Boy did it in the dirty place:rolleyes:

ratso
11-29-2003, 02:13 PM
I must have missed that episode...:eek:

HammerDown
11-29-2003, 02:14 PM
:D

JetBoatRich
11-29-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
I never liked that cartoon...and now it's on SpeedVision.
One thing I currently noticed...Speed wears eye make up, tight white pants, hangs around with a little boy and a chimp.
Kinda like someone else we all know.
I'm thinking ol Speedy is a little light in the loafers.
"So beat it...just beat it"
LMAO, never thought of S.R. that way.
Used to love the show in the 70's. Now my image may be tarnished:rolleyes:

HammerDown
11-29-2003, 03:22 PM
OK , the true story of speedy is that infact
*Ol Pops Racer use to sneek into little speedys bed room at night and play "lets guess whats in the garage".
*Mom (Mrs Speed) was a drunkin slut...usually passed out in the street somewhere after the locals took her for a test drive. More about here later...the freak!
*Trixie was actually a transvestite and can be seen on web sites like "babes with balls"..."Dolls with Dongs".
*Sparky...well he was the normal (kinda)one out of the house of horrors, but had a thing for Anal Beads. Truth be known...he actually tuned the Mock 5. Later became a very old Rapper.
*Racer X , this guy always played it low key, the cool type(I'll tell about him later)...he'd appear at the nick of time to help his peter puffen/fag/meat wrangler Brother out of tight spots...but the truth is...Speeds tight spot was bored out by Pops Racer many years earler.
*Spritle...well this one really bothers me. He was actually a 56 year old midget...rumor has it the kid/man was hung like a Whales Turd...and excaped from a freek show circus to later one day walk into Pops Racers garage...Pops knocked him out with a can of carb cleaner, did him hard, and brought the 56 year old midget kid into the family business. The kid really wears a hair piece and can use his pecker as a car lift!
*Chim-Chim was only around to satisfy the secret craving Mom had for Beasteality...why do ya think the monkey was always so happy!...Later the wore out chimp was sold to Jackson at Never Land....the chimp could take a crap without even trying, he was no longer smiling!
**Back to Racer X...he was actually Ultra Man in drag. He became tired of all those little yella camera wearing picture taking slant eye's in you know what Country. So he broke his contract and went to speedys show. He later became a world wide manufacture of thoses blow up dolls with the 3 vibrating openings. To this day he keeps in touch with Godzilla.
So ya see what I'm trying to tell ya about the speed racer cartoon crap:eek:
Thats why I liked good old American Warner Brothers Loony Toons like> Buggs, Road Runner, Foghorn LegHorn, YoSemitty Sam, DaffyDuck...etc.:D :p :p I feel I turned out much better from watching them;)

Wet Dream
11-29-2003, 03:41 PM
Hammer, you have WAAAY too much time on your hands.
Funny shit tho. :D

HammerDown
11-29-2003, 05:24 PM
I just tell it like it is......:p

JetBoatRich
11-29-2003, 05:57 PM
Very nice, speedracer had a wierd child hood:mad:

HammerDown
11-29-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Very nice, speedracer had a wierd child hood:mad:
I guess ya never herd the true story about Felix The Cat:rolleyes:
The wrong cartoons were bad news man.

JetBoatRich
11-29-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
I guess ya never herd the true story about Felix The Cat:rolleyes:
The wrong cartoons were bad news man.
You taking Felix down now, lets hear them:mad: I can only imagine what was in the bag of tricks:eek:

victorfb
11-29-2003, 10:08 PM
say what you will about speed, but i dug that show. and yes i am watching it on espn now. :D as a matter of fact, i named my 67 SS350 camaro after trixie. (built it for a girlfriend so its a chick car) i always got a kick out saying "you gunna take trixie today?"

LASERRAY
11-29-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Knuckle head
It stood for the "Go team" Read Below
The GO Team
Speed: The eighteen year old racing prodigy is one of the youngest competitors on the international racing circuit. Courageous and witty, Speed has lots of natural talent and quick reflexes, which helps him burn rubber. Besides driving cars, Speed's other job is to go around the world fighting evil forces. Though rarely seen, Speed also happens to be an expert martial artists. What can be seen is his impeccable sense of righteousness and morals. Speed will do what is right even if it is dangerous, a typical hero. However, like most men, Speed also has a taste for fine women.
Trixie: The seventeen year old girl who has an infatuation with Speed. She cannot tolerate having other girls checking out Speed, simply no tolerance for flirtation. Despite this fatal attraction she still happens to be a navigation whiz, and some ace helicopter pilot. Most amazing though, is that Trixie is able to calculate the speeds at which Speed must drive to win races. Strangely enough, Trixie is also a martial arts master, fearless and well-disciplined. Where ever Speed's adventures take him, Trixie will always be at his side, the faithful companion.
Rex Racer: Better known as Racer X, Interpol Agent 9, and the guy who's identity is constantly sought for. Let the mystery be revealed, Racer X (or Rex Racer) is Speed's older brother. Back in the day, Pops Racer built Rex a shiny red car. In a race at the Sunny Downs Track, Rex was neck and neck with another car, actually car #3. Right before the finish Rex loses control of the car, due to his lack of inexperience, and crashes. Pops is in a state of euphoria because Rex did not kill himself. The egotistical racer he was, Rex, said that he deserved to win. Wrong! Pops gets peeved and yells out irrationally that he never wants to see Rex Racer driving again, probably because his shiny red car was now a burning mass of metal. Then Rex announces that he will leave the Racer family. He makes a vow, saying he will become the best driver in the world, even without Pops support. So the Racer family never sees Rex again. Then one day a certain Racer X appears. Pops exclaims, "Racer X is one of the best racers I have ever seen!" And of course he doesn't know that it is Rex. When Racer X finally becomes world champion, he will reveal his true identity, at least that is what he told Speed. Besides his secret identity Rex Racer is an expert marksman and a better driver than Speed.
Sparky: This character is supposed to be Speed's best friend. Well, only because he is Speed's only friend, besides Chim Chim the monkey. The age of Sparky yet remains a great mystery, but one could extrapolate that he is about eighteen years old. Anyway, Sparky, like Speed and Trixie, is also young and very talented. Sparky is supposed to be a great mechanic, able to soup up the Mach 5 in a few seconds flat when necessary. Besides that, only Pops knows the Mach 5 better. Sparky also has a partnership in Pops Motors (or Mifune Motors).
Spritle: Well, what do you know? Spritle is the only young person on this show who is a not prodigy. In fact, in all of the Speed Racer episodes, Spritle has not once demonstrated a bit of talent. At age eight, Spritle is the baby of the Racer family. Although he is young and useless, Spritle seems to always play a crucial role in getting Speed out of serious scenarios. Along with the pet monkey, Chim Chim, Spritle is always hiding in the trunk of the Mach 5. Spritle also has an addiciton to candy, which only adds to his obesity.
Chim Chim: The Racer family's pet monkey, well actually he is a chimpanzee. A tangent: the DNA sequence of chimpanzees are 99% the same as humans. Strange pet to have I might add. Since Spritle is young, misunderstood, and neglected by all the other characters on the show, Chim Chim tends to be his only companion. The two are often found hiding in the trunk of the Mach 5, monkeying around. Having not mastered the English language yet Chim Chim uses body language to speak.
Pops Racer: The almighty master of the Racer family. Father of the two greatest racers in the world, Speed and Rex. Yet on the other hand he gives his kids the stupidest names. Founder of the Pops Motors Company. Pops is considered to be one of the greatest mechanics in the world. He designed and built a lot of cars, but the most sophisticated would be the Mach 5. On his free time Pops likes to talk about his past lives. Pops was once a professional wrestler and he also claims to being a former champion of the Westside Grunters and Groaners.
Mom: Also known as Mrs. Racer, Pop's wife. She is quite an attractive woman (but not as good looking as Holly Wood or Jessica Rabbit), with a good sense of humor. She enjoys teasing Pops in a good natured way about his strict pretenses. And from time to time she is seen knitting. Being a good parent, she does not approve of the names Pops has given his children. Her favorite pastime is inhaling the fragrance of white roses. (The reason that there is no picture of Mom is that she rarely frequents the show, and I could find none of her.)
:D :D Cool!:cool: I loved this show as a kid and used to watch it on channel 52 out of L.A. back in the early/mid 1970's. I never knew the whole story, thanks.:)