PDA

View Full Version : Ehrinberg

Community
03-24-2006, 08:51 AM
Anybody ever go boating in this area? How many miles do you have to play on and how hard is it stay off the bottom?

hottrodder
03-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Most folks refer to this area as Blythe, the metropolis before the bridge. Ehrenburg has a post office and that's it. Oh and an Elk's lodge that hosts all night raves that 14 year old girls frequent. But that's another story.
From the diversion weir North of Blythe to Lake Martinez is a good 40 mile run. Water levels go down in the afternoon. Most boats here are 21' and under jets but there's a guy a few doors up from me that runs a 28' Eliminator deck boat with an outdrive. He's been coming to that piece of water for some time so he knows where he's going. I get my v-drive out there a couple times a year but I too know where I'm going.
A pump will get around almost anywhere there. Anything else and you need to know the water or be with someone who does.

NautiTwins
03-24-2006, 10:59 AM
Anybody ever go boating in this area? How many miles do you have to play on and how hard is it stay off the bottom?
It is a very nice stretch of the river. Most glassy, because there are not many boats that go south. When you hit the reserve they are a lot of sand bars and tree stumps but if you know where to go it one of the nicest spots to boat. Clean, Clean Clear water and very pretty. Lots of vegitation. You just have to be careful. I would hesitate to go down there with an outdrive. V-drive and Direct drives are OK but it does get shallow. Hope this helps.

Community
03-24-2006, 11:38 AM
I like to ski, and would like to find a place that is a little less busy. We go to Kings River in the summer adn it is real shallow there. We have a direct drive ski boat so sounds like I should give it a try.
What is a good campground to go to for a start?
Thanks for the info.

NautiTwins
03-24-2006, 11:45 AM
I like to ski, and would like to find a place that is a little less busy. We go to Kings River in the summer adn it is real shallow there. We have a direct drive ski boat so sounds like I should give it a try.
What is a good campground to go to for a start?
Thanks for the info.
I was there last weekend with my Nautique. The water was 53 degrees. The best camp site there is Mcyintire. I can never spell it right. The only problem there is the dogs. No dobies, pits, or rotts.
The skiing is absoultely amazing. We board and ski as well and any time you would like to go out, the water will be flat. None of the waking up at 5am or waiting till dusk. Let me know when you will be heading out and we could hook up for a run or two. I am always in the need of a flagger. LOL

SummitKarl
03-24-2006, 11:53 AM
My prediction is..............
Ehrinberg The next "Hot Spot" on the river, lots of things going for that area, easy access from L.A., nice water....infrastructure and work force are near by. currently low cost of land...and so on... there are a couple of developments already in progress....
BTW C....one Survey Down, one to go :cool:

NautiTwins
03-24-2006, 12:04 PM
My prediction is..............
Ehrinberg The next "Hot Spot" on the river, lots of things going for that area, easy access from L.A., nice water....infrastructure and work force are near by. currently low cost of land...and so on... there are a couple of developments already in progress....
BTW C....one Survey Down, one to go :cool:
Can you PM the names of the communities. Or post them here. Who is managing the land? Thanks

SummitKarl
03-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Can you PM the names of the communities. Or post them here. Who is managing the land? Thanks
I would if I knew the names,
contact Warlock25 (Michele Bravada) she can get the info for you.

Community
03-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the info. From what I have seen 1 is done and ready to go, waiting on a survey for the second one to see which house will fit.
As far as skiing out there, i am ready now. The no dog policy is fine with me, have had too many problems with dogs not on leashes where mine gets attacked on the leash, vet bills etc....he is a lab and loves the water, but what can you do. I am really good at holding the flag. I will let you know when I will be out that way. In fact, we will be coming through Ehrinberg next Sunday 4/2/06 - will you be out there?

Boatcop
03-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Emerald Springs is in with houses right on the River. It's located at the end of Sourdough Road, next to Raynor Ranch Farms. It's located behind the old Cock Fighting Arena. Currrently about 24 homes in. All pretty nice.
The area just south of there, off Comber Blvd, near the area locally named "Gilligans Island" has been sold and recently zoned for a planned community. They're looking at up to 500 residences. Also with River front and River access. I think their planning a golf course in there, too.
Karl's right. Ehrenberg is ready to explode.

cdog
03-24-2006, 04:25 PM
How about the indoor boat storage in those parts? I've tried numerious times to find the tele #'s to them and have had no luck.