PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator info ?

Bad Meds
11-22-2002, 07:20 AM
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone out there might have any info on a 25ft? Eliminator v-hull w/454. I have one in mind to buy that has 147hrs on it. The owner was a fanatic and the boat is extremely nice! The interior was redone last year just because the owner wanted a white, newer interior.It's a closed bow.Just wondering what $ range these go for and any goods and bads? Thanks for any help :)

HavasuDreamin'
11-22-2002, 10:13 AM
What year is the hull? What motor combo does it have in it? Carb, EFI, Bravo????? Does it have a nice tandem trailer? Is it beat up or in perfect shape?

Bad Meds
11-22-2002, 10:38 AM
Whoops! Sorry, forgot some info. The boat is a 1989 on a tandom trailer. The boat and the trailer are near perfect.There are a couple of minor items but being 13 years old i'd say it's pretty perfect. The trailer was repainted a couple years ago and is real nice.The boat has a bimini top,cockpit cover and boat cover.It's always been stored inside.It has a stainless prop on it.The boat is multi colored blues.What else?

K3-River-Rat
11-22-2002, 12:25 PM
Hey BAD MEDS I've been trying to catch up to you for quite a while now as you seldom do any posting :confused: Would that be your black (looks black anyhow) probably a darker candy color..with the gohst flames & all that polished aluminum??? :D

Bad Meds
11-22-2002, 12:35 PM
Yep, Thats me. I Don't post that often but i'm always lurking :) What's up?

HavasuDreamin'
11-22-2002, 01:35 PM
Well it depends on what model it is? I don't believe Eliminator had a 25'V back then. I know they made one in the early to mid 80's that was a good looking boat, but I don't think that mold survived through the late 80's. My guess is that it would be a 24' Mojave. If it is a Mojave, it will have two big windows in the deck area just in front of the cockpit.
In fact, if you have seen the thread with the guys boat stolen from Laughlin/Bullhead area (that he got back), this is the hull I am talking about.
I am assuming it has a Bravo 1 outdrive. If this is the case, and it truly has only 147 hours on it, I think low $20's would be the most I would offer if I really liked the boat. If you could get it in the $teens somewhere, that would be a decent deal IMHO. Good Luck
[ November 22, 2002, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

K3-River-Rat
11-22-2002, 02:22 PM
Bad Meds:
Yep, Thats me. I Don't post that often but i'm always lurking :) What's up?I ran across the pics of your boat when I first started snooping around this site & saved every last one of them :D wink That boat has GOT to be one of the nicest picklefork hydros I have ever seen :cool: Tell me since you can only see the flames because the light happened to hit it a the right angle wink Has the boat been painted in "candy" with the flames being brought out in it with a second color in the "basecoat"..?? That is "similar" to what I want to do once I "do" get my hands on a pickle-hydro hull...I want to shoot the whole boat with House of Kolor's polyurethane candys & bases and maybe throw a little "marbilizer" in the paint scheme somewhere :) I currently own a pretty trick color schemed blown Mantra jet and an 86 Sanger RB 19' Family Ski...I've been "negotiating" a deal on was was "supposed" to be the "very last" picklefork hydro Sanger manufactured that was special ordered by the second owners best friend wink Although NOT at all in need of being redone (boat is "still" like new!) this is the boat that I would like to do this custom candy job on eventually and set the motor up very similar to what you have in yours...I have built "show-toys" all my life and I just fell in love with your boat when I saw it :D That is one "SWEET" boat my brothahhh!!!!

Bad Meds
11-22-2002, 03:31 PM
Thanks for all the compliments K3-RIVER-RAT.The boat is actually black with wine berry flames on top.The flame are real cool,they show up real vivid in the direct sun but are very ghosty at different angles.Its cool.I bought the boat from a friend who had the paint done by another friend of mine.I'm gonna plat race boat with it next year so I hope I can keep it somewhat nice still?Well, I gotta run to a last minute job then the weeken so I will check back monday.Have a good one :)

Bad Meds
11-22-2002, 04:33 PM
HavasuDreamin, I went and found the pics you were talking about and though it is similar,that is not the same.What I do know is it is an Eliminator, About 23'to 25' give or take a foot?It is a v-hull and a 1989/1990 w/454 . There is no windows or portholes in the deck and the windshield is a two piece wrap around.It comes to a mild point in the middle and each side goes back past the driver and passanger seats?any idea's. I could just call the guy and ask but this is kinda fun,like a quiz. I am definetly going to buy it if I can, I am just looking for info or opinions or what else out there is compairable for 20k. This one belongs to a frinds brother so I know the history of it. Thats hard to find for 13 years old! Thanks in advance for any input :)

572Daytona
11-22-2002, 07:22 PM
I found a 1991 24' Edge on boat trader http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/4/28275914.htm
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/1038711/28275914_1.jpg
And here's a 1989 Edge:
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/8/25823268.htm
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/751806/25823268_1.jpg

MAXIMUS
11-23-2002, 06:35 AM
I really hate to say anything negative about others boats but here is my 2 cents. My brother owned a 93 234 edge (23' 4"). Bought it new from eliminator. It was the worst boat I have ever ridden in! It had some real weird tendencies at different speeds & was not stable above 90. It would also beat you to death in normal chop. They discontinued them shortly after that? I wonder why...

Bad Meds
11-23-2002, 01:00 PM
The maroon boat is the winner? Apparently the one I am looking at is a 1990 24' edge.It's a beautiful boat but I will definetly check out the ride and performance before I buy. Thanks for your .02 Maximus,I like to hear it all :)

DogHouse
11-25-2002, 07:41 AM
I didn't realize that Eliminator made a V bottom with the "Edge" name. I thought all the Edge models were the mod tunnel design, and yes I have heard the same thing regarding their squirrely behavior at high speed. I ran next to an Edge tunnel a few years back. We were doing about 70 in some light chop, and the thing was all over the place.
-brian

MightyMike
04-16-2005, 06:09 PM
This talk about the ride worries me. I am thinking about buying the boat below with a Merc 350 Mag MPI 320Hp Bravo One. Guy says it will do 62-64mph. I'm a new boater. From an experienced boater who goes fast, it might be TERRIBBLE but for someone like me who's new, with the setup I mentioned above, am I going to have a crappy ride.
Check out this thread - http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1252053#post1252053.