PDA

View Full Version : Lake Havasu Prade of lights post party

wildbillg
12-01-2003, 03:00 PM
If you are going to be in Lake Havasu for the Prade Of Lights on the 6th (saturday) of Dec. I'm having a party in my home after, this is a party for all the boaters from all the clubs. I will have beer and food (enchiladias, rice, meat balls, meat tray for sands)
Bud light and coors light are the flavor for the night. This is a family get together for everyone, and a place to get together and warm up afterwards.
If you need directions feel free to email me and I can forward you some directions and my phone number if you need it in case you get lost.
You can call me during the day also.
The Boat Brokers
Bill Gardner
1-800-488-0258 ext 232

Rod-64
12-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Bill
I didn't know you worked there......What department are you in?
I'll be there Thurs. or Fri. picking up my boat in service.
I'll drop over and say hi.....and get directions to your house.:)

wildbillg
12-01-2003, 05:23 PM
IM in the sales dept.
Just stop up in the office and say HI.

RiverRatMike
12-01-2003, 05:36 PM
where is your home located? I live in South Lake Havasu.

wildbillg
12-01-2003, 06:23 PM
im on the south side also...
just off of Chemehuevi Blvd on warmsprings dr
where are you

nextasex
12-01-2003, 07:58 PM
Hey Bill, had a good time last year. That was nice of you, had a bunch of food and endless beer:D Hopefully see ya this year.
Frank

Sun burners
12-01-2003, 08:09 PM
Where is the best spot to watch the parade? Should I take the boat out that day and park in the channel?
Thanks Mike

wildbillg
12-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Watching it from your boat in the channel is cool, but trying to get your boat out of the water ........ A lot of peeps just line the sides of the channel and use some portable heaters to keep warm.
Frank:
Glad you showed up and had a good time, should be about the same amount of food and beer, hope you can make it again this year....

phebus
12-01-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by wildbillg
Watching it from your boat in the channel is cool, but trying to get your boat out of the water ........
How bad is it getting your boat out after the parade? This will be our first year at the parade, and we were planning on launching, and watching from the water, but if is too crazy.......

wildbillg
12-01-2003, 09:16 PM
I guess it depends on where you launch from? The marina is close and you wont get too cold going there. Site 6 is a freebee but you have to round half the island in the dark and COLD. Windsor is all the way around the Island and again COLD.
Just remember the prade is about 6:30 and goes on till about 9:00 pm and they frown on you going thru the channel while the prade is going so you have to wait for them to go thru AND come back thru. They usually mull around in Thompson Bay for the start of the parade and then they exit the channel and circle around in front of crazy horse Aka windsor beach 4 area, and then make a return trip since most of them do launch from the marina...

Sun burners
12-01-2003, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the info...

WILD LAVEY
12-01-2003, 11:15 PM
how early do you have to be there to get a good spot? this would be our first also.

wildbillg
12-02-2003, 08:55 AM
If your looking for a spot in the channel you might want to be there around 3 or 4, but I'm sure it depends on how many people are going to do the same as you. So it could be pretty much a crap shoot as to what time for a good spot.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-02-2003, 09:18 AM
Sounds like fun I will getting there Friday night after work. I have a house off of Havasippi (hope i spelled it right). Email the directions to the party. Or stop by i will be in the channel on my boat.

raff
12-02-2003, 07:24 PM
Sara and I will be there with Rod-64.
Mark

j-rod
12-03-2003, 07:57 PM
Thanx for the invite-n-directions (way cool) what's the weather suppose to be like??:cool:

FastTimmy
12-04-2003, 03:17 PM
J-rod I have a beer with your name on it...

wildbillg
12-04-2003, 06:45 PM
SHEETT!!
I gots a beer here with all o yer names on it!!
Get on down here n get it :p

BOBALOO
12-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Hey timmy, we will be there friday night thru monday hope to see you guys out there. do you know if the 909rs and miss flying vee are goin? you are a cool bunch of people. Oh well gotta get ready.

BOBALOO
12-04-2003, 08:43 PM
WildBillg I cant come to a party empty handed ,so I will bring a coolie cup for all that free beer . Just kidding, I'll be there with my wife,J-rod and his main squeeze,and my bro bumn_a_ride. see ya

Sun burners
12-04-2003, 10:07 PM
SHEETT!!
I gots a beer here with all o yer names on it!!
Get on down here n get it :p
Yet another reason to go to HAVASU!!!

SoCal_fun
12-04-2003, 10:26 PM
I wish I was going.......does that count for anything? :(
Hope everybody has a great (and safe) time!! :cool:

Rod-64
12-05-2003, 08:20 AM
Havasu parade weather report...
Forecast
Today. Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow late in the afternoon. Cold with highs in the lower 30s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 30 percent.
Tonight. Snow. Accumulation 2 to 4 inches by daybreak. Brisk. Lows 25 to 30. Northeast winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent.
Extended Forecast
Saturday. Snow. Freezing rain. Or sleet. Significant accumulation possible. Cold and windy. Highs 30 to 35. Northeast winds 20 to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
Saturday night. Snow or rain. Very windy. Temperatures steady or slowly rising into the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.
Sunday. Snow and rain likely. Very windy. Highs in the mid 30s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
Sunday night. A chance of snow until midnight. Otherwise partly cloudy. Breezy. Lows 20 to 25. Chance of snow 50 percent:D

Sun burners
12-05-2003, 09:52 AM
OH GREAT now I need snow chains for the launch ramp,
But at least we dont need to buy ICE to keep the beer cold!

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-05-2003, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the directions, I'll see you at the party or stop the channel I will be in my boat.

RiverRatMike
12-06-2003, 12:45 PM
im on the south side also...
just off of Chemehuevi Blvd on warmsprings dr
where are you
wildbillg,
My home is near Chiricahua and Buena Vista or Buena Vista and Oro Grande. Is that anywhere near you?

wildbillg
12-07-2003, 11:02 AM
Sorry I missed the post .
Ya I think we are pretty close.
Well Im dragin today.
several bottles of tequilla gave thier lives last night, Listed are the ones that are now resting empty.
Patron
cabo wabo
Don Juilo
one with a deer head on it
and someone did eat the worm from the Mescal.
All were enjoyed with many beers consumed and much food was consumed (who brought the spinich dip? I have your bowl).
Well I have to finish trying to clean up and try to get rid of this thing in my head that is trying to beat it's way out from the inside.
I'll try and post some pics tonight from last night.

RiverRatMike
12-07-2003, 01:59 PM
We didn't make the parade last night so we are going tonight for sure to take photos and to watch.

RiverRatMike
12-07-2003, 08:21 PM
21st Annual London Bridge Lighted Boat Parade Photos (http://www.fototime.com/inv/ADD2315830FA636)
RVRGIRL and myself tonight (Dec 7th) went to see the second night of the lighted boat parade tonight. It was really cool and tons of people were there. Click on the link to view my photos I took.