12-01-2003, 09:14 PM
Here is the pics of my project
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/34841094Tahiti_emblems-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3484tahiti1.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3484tahit2.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3484tahiti3-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3484tahiti4-med.JPG
Thats all!
Stevehttp://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3484tahiti5.JPG http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3484Tahiti_1-med.jpg
Just starting will have BBF 460 500+hp,aiso would you guys go with Ot headers or thru- hull?
Thanks STEVE

Big Proppa
12-02-2003, 09:24 PM
Nice looking project. Go with over the transom, just my preference though

Jet City
12-02-2003, 09:47 PM
Ya, nice looking boat, different too. I myself would go TT headers, especially for that particular boat (Lightnings would be nice if you can part with the cabbage), what matters is what you like.

ONAROLL
12-02-2003, 10:07 PM
I like it, its unique, thru transom headers with a low profile glass scoop......my .02

likwidsukr
12-03-2003, 07:28 AM
ONAROLL like the avatar for sure!
I'm still not sure on tt ot ot headers yet. I like the looks of the ot for sure it might look better on that boat to go with tt (sundeck) more pics for here ;) LOL
But I dont know!!!!
Thanks Bigproppa!!
J C R Those lightinings are costly but o so sweet!!!!!!!!
Thanks guys for the replys! I like thats what matters right!!!
Steve

Squirtcha?
12-03-2003, 07:40 AM
Two measley pennies worth. Generally I like OT's on a low profile and TT's on a larger boat such as yours. The lightenings are a good suggestion, but they're like $1700 and I don't think I've ever seen a used set for sale.
Truth be told though.............If you're going to cover the engine compartment, I believe, in order to be legal, you're supposed to have a set of water jacketed (like the lightenings) and NOT water injected (Bassetts, Rewarders, S&S, etc)
You could also look towards an Imco or similar for a closed engine compartment, but they're still around $1000. They're not as sexy, but would probably perform as well as a set of headers (or close to it) and they'd be legal in a closed engine compartment.
http://www.eddiemarine.com/cart/Pictures/emi_100_111.jpg

promod
12-03-2003, 08:10 AM
LET IT SWIM LIKE A BULLFROG:rolleyes: :p

likwidsukr
12-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Ribbitt!! Hell yeah that SOB will jump like a bullfrog when I'm done:D
Squirtcha? So legally is it legal to run logs with an enclosed compartment? Do they sound good as well.
I guess my next question is logs or ot?
How about power loss with logs?

Squirtcha?
12-03-2003, 01:05 PM
Yes, I believe your logs are legal to run in a closed compartment, but from a performance aspect, headers all they waaaaaaay.
I can't think of a single pal of mine that made the switch from logs to headers that didn't get significant gains from the trade.
I've always had headers so I don't know how mine would run through logs. I'd say that especially since your goal is 500+ horsepower, you'd want to go with headers on your ride.
Oh yeah, one more thought. As deep as your boat is, you probably couldn't find a set of OT headers that would rise high enough to get over the transom. I'm guessing that your motor is gonna sit pretty deep in that hull. Some of the guys with low profile boats even have trouble getting em to fit over the transom.

cusi
12-03-2003, 03:27 PM
onaroll what is that girl saying and dose she show them tits:eek:

460rogers
12-03-2003, 04:45 PM
Thru-transom fer sure.The engine compartment looks deep and narrow.Those bbf's are wide.Just go with the large exhaust tips. Did anyone post pics of the TOAD in race trim yet.Any thought about adding some color to it? WE BE COOL !

Bow Tie Omega
12-03-2003, 05:03 PM
TT with low pro scoop IMO. That is a nice and unique looking boat, which means it has the makings for a great hot boat. Good Luck!!!Joe

Jet City
12-03-2003, 06:36 PM
Basically any headers/manifolds that are safe to run in covered engine compartments are of the waterjacketed variety, all others (single wall water injected or dry) should not be run with an engine cover. It is a bummer that the Lighting's cost what they do, great product but no header is worth $1700. to me.

clean supreme
12-03-2003, 07:37 PM
my brother had a blue one just like it:cool: anymore pics?

likwidsukr
12-03-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by clean supreme
my brother had a blue one just like it:cool: anymore pics?
Great You are the only other person that has seen one in a long time. where is that boat know? Do you have any pics?
OK who has the best (for the money) logs besides the big 3 listed.
And Squirtcha? The tt holes are glassed over and ot must have been used,I agree with you though it might be cheaper to get the lightenings compared to making custom ot, what do you guys think Clean supreme Do you remember what pipes your bro had on his?

likwidsukr
12-03-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by 460rogers
Thru-transom fer sure.The engine compartment looks deep and narrow.Those bbf's are wide.Just go with the large exhaust tips. Did anyone post pics of the TOAD in race trim yet.Any thought about adding some color to it? WE BE COOL !
No that boat is long gone but it was featured in a rag back in the day (good research project). I was thinking of yellow 'bright' like on the mazda protege' 5, and the tahiti logo on side. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? I'm thinking photoshop, well if I had one!

Squirtcha?
12-03-2003, 09:29 PM
Hey Clean supreme, whatever possessed you to use that avatar picture of Kim Hansen at last year's BBSP? That's a classic photo there.

likwidsukr
12-04-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Squirtcha?
Hey Clean supreme, whatever possessed you to use that avatar picture of Kim Hansen at last year's BBSP? That's a classic photo there.
LMAO:D :D :D

likwidsukr
12-04-2003, 07:24 AM
these logs and sorry I'm at work can't post a pic. What are they,and the ot pipe is that odd on these?
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/showphoto.php?photo=3734&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

Squirtcha?
12-04-2003, 08:39 AM
Not really too odd. They're just logs with the OT pipes rather than the TT/hoses etc. What's the boss thing about on the picture title though? The only thing I see that's boss, is the sticker on the valve cover.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3484bd_3-med.jpg

likwidsukr
12-04-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Squirtcha?
Not really too odd. They're just logs with the OT pipes rather than the TT/hoses etc. What's the boss thing about on the picture title though? The only thing I see that's boss, is the sticker on the valve cover.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3484bd_3-med.jpg
LOL I noticed that too. The sticker adds some major HP though. Do you know where to get some of those logs? The logs and that type of ot?

Sleek-Jet
12-04-2003, 10:35 AM
That's ricer math. Every performance sticker = 15 hp.
Every NOS sticker = 300 shot
Neon lights and rear wings = the don't make dynos big enough to handle it.

Cas
12-04-2003, 10:46 AM
I've got 2 sets of aluminum water cooled OT's that look like that. You really need to know how high you need them to clear the transom though. The set shown in the picture probably wouldn't work for you, they would need to have more rise.
Personally, I think it would be neat to keep the boat stock looking with the TT pipes and an engine cover.
As far as a performance loss, switching from Hardin style logs and risers to Harman logs and OT's gained me about 300 rpms with a BBC and a Panther pump. The difference in the logs are the Harman's have runners that angle more towards the rear (like the ones pictured) and also have water jackets around the mounting flanges. The Hardin's runners are at more of a 90ยบ with the log. That's with the BBC stuff, not sure if the BBF stuff is the same or not.
I would imagine the Harmans flow better then the Hardins.
just my $.06 worth

clean supreme
12-04-2003, 11:34 AM
my brothers boat was on long island. i have not seen it since the late 80`s, he had a 455 through transom exhaust and sun deck.

likwidsukr
12-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by likwidsukr
LOL I noticed that too. The sticker adds some major HP though. Do you know where to get some of those logs? The logs and that type of ot?
Thanks Steve I was on a cost issue $1000.00 -$1700.0 for the logs. Ot at $500.00 or so for the cheap ones. Do you have those logs for bbf and do you want to sell them? I think I would go tt as well. I want good sound though. If it aint fast at least sound like it!!! Thae boat had the tt holes glassed over so it had ot pipes at one time.

Cas
12-04-2003, 12:47 PM
All the logs I have are for a BBC but the OT's will fit just about any log. All that would possibly need to be done is new holes drilled. I also have a couple of sets of risers that will fit most logs, again, the only thing the might have to be done is new holes drilled.
As far as sound goes, logs and risers still sound pretty good but aren't as loud as OT type exhaust.

old rigger
12-04-2003, 02:19 PM
Hey likwidsukr,
what's the height of that transom? From the keel to the parting line of the hull and deck? Just wondering for another reason.
Spectra brent sent me a Tahiti ad from '72 I think that I was looking for. It has a Tahiti Boss 21, a spectra splash, with a 300 pound model on the deck in a bathing suit. 'Miss Tahiti' they call her and the add asks 'ever been in Tahiti?' Very cool. I'm gonna take it over to hackjobs and see if he'll scan it for me and I'll send you a copy. Anyway, in the small print on the add it refers to your boat as the "22 Offshore". How long is that thing down the center?

Squirtcha?
12-04-2003, 02:38 PM
likwidsukr
Go to ebay and do a search. I've seen logs for sale on there a number of times. If there's nothing there, just save it in your favorites and check back from time to time. Quite a few boaters sell stuff there.
Hackjob had a set of logs for his BBF. Not sure if he sold em or not when he switched to the lightening TT headers.
Check RJB, banderlog and ***boat classified ads. You could also put up a "looking for" message on all the boards.

likwidsukr
12-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by old rigger
Hey likwidsukr,
what's the height of that transom? From the keel to the parting line of the hull and deck? Just wondering for another reason.
Spectra brent sent me a Tahiti ad from '72 I think that I was looking for. It has a Tahiti Boss 21, a spectra splash, with a 300 pound model on the deck in a bathing suit. 'Miss Tahiti' they call her and the add asks 'ever been in Tahiti?' Very cool. I'm gonna take it over to hackjobs and see if he'll scan it for me and I'll send you a copy. Anyway, in the small print on the add it refers to your boat as the "22 Offshore". How long is that thing down the center?
Old rigger you are awesome as usual thank you for the help,and that pic would be awesome that would make my christmas for sure. i have been to roostwears like you said a few weeks back and seen your post, and posted my boat in the tahiti\hawaiian section no response, do people still go to that site? Just wandering. I'll measure that as soon as I can. what was the 'boss 21' My boat is 20'5 from point at front bow to rear transom with the jet is at 22' Almost exactly. that was at night by myself LOL. I/ll get the other asap. You are basically saying from bottom of boat to where the two pieces meet, the top(deck)
and the bottom(hull) right?
Squirtcha? Thanks for the rating on banderlog BTW! I thought about that posting thing I was really waiting till I sold my other boat so I would have sufficient funds. Unless someone had a super bargain on some ot's (CAS) LOL! I will try e-bay again.
Clean supreme, I bet that was a cool boat he had,wish he still had I would not mind two of these!!!!

460rogers
12-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Got my last pair of logs from glenwood for BBF,they have angled ports and are slick(no name on them)easier to polish.

likwidsukr
12-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Got my last pair of logs from glenwood for BBF,they have angled ports and are slick(no name on them)easier to polish.
Thanks 460 I'll check them out!!!

old rigger
12-04-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by likwidsukr
Old rigger you are awesome as usual thank you for the help,and that pic would be awesome that would make my christmas for sure. i have been to roostwears like you said a few weeks back and seen your post, and posted my boat in the tahiti\hawaiian section no response, do people still go to that site? Just wandering. I'll measure that as soon as I can. what was the 'boss 21' My boat is 20'5 from point at front bow to rear transom with the jet is at 22' Almost exactly. that was at night by myself LOL. I/ll get the other asap. You are basically saying from bottom of boat to where the two pieces meet, the top(deck)
and the bottom(hull) right?
Yeah, that measurment at the transom. thanks.
seeing your pics has got me kinda wanting to look for one of those.................again.
Didn't have much luck the last time I went looking.....I wonder how many were made?

Cas
12-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by old rigger
Yeah, that measurment at the transom. thanks.
seeing your pics has got me kinda wanting to look for one of those.................again.
Didn't have much luck the last time I went looking.....I wonder how many were made?
Did you ever really stop looking? :)
Likwid,
Before you buy, be sure of what you need. It'll definitely save you some cash in the long run......the short run too, for that matter. I'd sell you one of the sets I have but only after I knew for sure they would work. Actually, I know one of the sets wouldn't so those are completely out. I need to warn you though, they are polished aluminum so they'll need quite a bit of care to keep them looking good.

likwidsukr
12-04-2003, 07:43 PM
Old Rigger;
I have posted on alot of forums, a large number of people have at least looked at the pics and only 3 people have seen one and no one has one besides me yet so far, I will keep looking that is why I ask everyone 'have you seen one' to see if there is another one in use out there. I would offer this one to you but I have fell in love LOLwith it! If I ever do decide to let loose (not likely) You are the first one I will ask!!!!

likwidsukr
12-06-2003, 08:33 AM
old rigger
Go to the new thread

likwidsukr
12-16-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Cas
Did you ever really stop looking? :)
Likwid,
Before you buy, be sure of what you need. It'll definitely save you some cash in the long run......the short run too, for that matter. I'd sell you one of the sets I have but only after I knew for sure they would work. Actually, I know one of the sets wouldn't so those are completely out. I need to warn you though, they are polished aluminum so they'll need quite a bit of care to keep them looking good.
Steve send mw some prices and pics.
Thanks

promod
12-17-2003, 09:10 AM
READY TO SEE THAT DAM THING SWIM
LATER
PROMOD
BAJ#817
SMELL THAT, SMELLS LIKE STRAWBERRIES :p

likwidsukr
12-18-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by promod
READY TO SEE THAT DAM THING SWIM
LATER
PROMOD
BAJ#817
:p
It would be easier if I had BBF motor mounts!!!!
LOL!!! J/K

Foggerjet
12-18-2003, 06:35 PM
Hey Likwid, Great looking boat, I have never seen one of those before. How's the jetboating scene in NC? I'm in SC and I see VERY few jetboats, Besides those 2 stroke things(yeeach). Most of the "high performance" guys around here run STV's or equiv. with huge outboards on them. To tell the truth they really haul ass too. but I would like to see more stormin' V-8's running across the lake. If there is good place up your way, I am trying to plan a family outing next season where there are more jets around.
Thanks,
Fog

likwidsukr
12-19-2003, 05:58 AM
Hey thanks man. There is a couple of guys here. If you decide to come up or need area info pm me I'll give you my Phone #
Steve
PS: Check out the Hot spots East section of this site. See the sticky at top"lake Anna 04" This is where the East Coast goes!
I will be there as well as Promod and some other guys from here!
Later dude

promod
12-19-2003, 07:13 AM
EASY BOY EASY CHEVY MOTOR WOULD MAKE IT RUN FATER A SMALL BLOCK WOULD OUT RUN THAT 460 HA HA HA !!!!!!!
LATER
PROMOD:p :rolleyes: ;)

likwidsukr
12-19-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by promod
EASY BOY EASY CHEVY MOTOR WOULD MAKE IT RUN FATER A SMALL BLOCK WOULD OUT RUN THAT 460 HA HA HA !!!!!!!
LATER
PROMOD:p :rolleyes: ;)
Ha Ha LMAO!!!!:eek: :D
Later dude I'll give you a call Grant.
Steve

hack job
12-19-2003, 04:30 PM
i would stay away form the glenwood ford logs the ports dont line up exactly and will case exhaust leeks all the time.
just my two cents they have never lined up well.
we had two sets and both did the same thing.
and if your going to buy a new set spend the money and by a set of lighting headers they are great and look bad ass.;)

likwidsukr
12-19-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by hack job
i would stay away form the glenwood ford logs the ports dont line up exactly and will case exhaust leeks all the time.
just my two cents they have never lined up well.
we had two sets and both did the same thing.
and if your going to buy a new set spend the money and by a set of lighting headers they are great and look bad ass.;)
Much thanks Hack Job!!!!!! I will take that into consideration in my purchase! That is the first I have heard of the glenwood style leaking. The lightnings are so expensive though! Never seen used ones for sale.

sleekcraft76
12-22-2003, 12:01 PM
i think i saw that boat . was it on capital blvd for sale i work right down the street.

likwidsukr
12-22-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by sleekcraft76
i think i saw that boat . was it on capital blvd for sale i work right down the street.
Yes that is the one!!! I work off capitol as well, he did not know what he had LOL. A friend of his got it at an auction or something. I knew I had never seen one so I said I'll take it off your hand.
PS Are you the guy that sold the boat and motor to Grant aka Promod. It is a Sunkist?

likwidsukr
01-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Ripped out the floor and the stringers I will have pics up soon. I kept the old stringers to use as a template. Got a real respect for the fiberglass ichies!!!!!:eek: