View Full Version : R I P

eliminatedsprinter
12-02-2003, 01:10 PM
Smoked Powerhead.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/943Steves_boat-med.jpg

spectratoad
12-02-2003, 01:20 PM
http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/violin.gif
Sorry to hear that. Just think bigger motor.

Back To Havasu
12-02-2003, 01:20 PM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. If there is a bright side, now you can make that beautiful hull perfect by bolting a Merc on back. LOL.:D

superdave013
12-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Nice pic of BV :)

mirvin
12-02-2003, 03:13 PM
f'n bastages power heads!!

JetBoatRich
12-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Steve what diod I tell you about them clamp-on's. Sorry to hear that my friend, hopefully somebody on the boards can help you out:(

HavasuDreamin'
12-03-2003, 06:16 AM
See my PM.
John's Custom Marine (714) 827-7920
HD

75_Elim
12-03-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
Smoked Powerhead.
Does this mean we get Coal in our stockings daddy??? :frown:

eliminatedsprinter
12-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Well, it looks like mid january may be time for the return of the weedwhakker.:cool:
But I'll be paying for it for longer than that:frown: .
Both Stoker and my mechanic said a more powerfull powerhead will not fit on my lower unit. They both said I'd be best off staying with the same power for my rig. That is unless I want to buy a new motor (Stoker said that as his first suggestion). Unfortunatly 15K :eek: is a bit out of the question.:rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
12-04-2003, 05:16 PM
Steve, glad you are taking care of it, but sorry it happened. I know from experience. I will get my boat working in the next couple weeks, took a regular job so I feel better about spending my kids inheritance on the boat:D
In the mean time if you time behind the wheel, hook it up and have Diane pull you around the neighborhood.:eek!:

jackpunx
12-05-2003, 08:31 AM
I can take you on the freeway.. :D

JetBoatRich
12-05-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
I can take you on the freeway.. :D
do it this weekend when it starts raining so he can get wet for the real feeling of playing in the water.:D

eliminatedsprinter
12-05-2003, 03:41 PM
I spent the last winter in my driveway sitting and drinking beer in it.:rolleyes: I guess I can do that again. :frown: Since I will be keeping the same OB I can continue with my project of repaintng the motor. :cool: There are still some things I can do on it myself for the upolstery etc...:) I guess I'm just going to have to get better with my own wrenching ablities etc, so I can do most of the work, I was going to have done, myself, ie replacing my trim indicator gauge.:cool:

HalletDave
12-05-2003, 03:56 PM
I guess I'm just going to have to get better with my own wrenching ablities etc, so I can do most of the work,
Young Grasshopper,
Time for you to put wrenching fears aside ;)
Buy a manual and just get after it BIOTCH :D
Just kidding Steve.
Surly there is someone on the "Forum" around your neck of the woods that could provide some assistance in the rebuild so you can get on wit yo wack attack.;)

eliminatedsprinter
12-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Oh no, I'm not touching my motor. :eek: I'm just talking about the other things I was going to spend a little money on this off season. I will either have to do them myself or they will have to wait a very long time now.:rolleyes:
There are also some things in the motorhome that I may also be able to do as well.:cool:
P.S. Good to see you back on the forum Dave. I hope your feeling a lot better.:)

randy77zt
12-05-2003, 09:16 PM
outboard parts-goto www.screamandfly.com.a big time whacker site

RiverRatMike
12-06-2003, 08:08 AM
Don't know why you don't take it apart yourself and fix it.

JetBoatRich
12-06-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by RiverRatMike
Don't know why you don't take it apart yourself and fix it.
Yea Steve, get at it:eek:

LUVNLIFE
12-06-2003, 10:03 AM
Hey Steve tough luck. The bright side is this didn't happen in the middle of boating season with an assload of trips planned.;)

JetBoatRich
12-06-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
Hey Steve tough luck. The bright side is this didn't happen in the middle of boating season with an assload of trips planned.;)
see the glass is half full:D

Kim Hanson
12-06-2003, 07:04 PM
Smoked Powerhead.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/943Steves_boat-med.jpg
That happened to me 2 years ago...$5200 for rebuild and 1/2 hr ride and it took out the head gaskets.....I need to work more on these things also...V8 are expensive.....Good choice in power though..Rude is good! Is that a 235?.......( . )( . ).....:frown:

eliminatedsprinter
12-08-2003, 09:13 AM
Nope, it's just a XP 150 V 6. But it was rigged and dialed in by Stoker and it ran suprisingly strong for so little power. It will be interesting to see how it runs with a new (rebuilt) and hopefully tighter powerhead. The only modification the motor had is a mildly ported and polished exhaust manifold. I guess I'll still be keeping that part. In the meantime I'm continuing with repainting the OB. I've added more Metalic black and candy apple red since the above picture was taken.

eliminatedsprinter
01-08-2004, 04:57 PM
It's in the shop now and I'm one nervous mo fo.:rolleyes:Will someone remind me how fun and stress reducing this sport is.:confused: ;) :)

JetBoatRich
01-08-2004, 06:00 PM
It's in the shop now and I'm one nervous mo fo.:rolleyes:Will someone remind me how fun and stress reducing this sport is.:confused: ;) :)
You will be fine, nothing a few beer can't fix;)

1Bahnerjet
01-08-2004, 06:51 PM
eliminatedsprinter, is your Eliminator like a Liberty ? saw one same Colors with a 150 hp on Lopez Lake Last Summer. Have you been There?

JetBoatRich
01-08-2004, 07:57 PM
when do you get it back? will you have it next weekend?;)

eliminatedsprinter
01-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by 1Bahnerjet
eliminatedsprinter, is your Eliminator like a Liberty ? saw one same Colors with a 150 hp on Lopez Lake Last Summer. Have you been There?
Nope, mine is a 19 ft Eliminator Sprint. It's a little bit smaller than a Liberty and the deck is different. The sprint has the same deck as the Stoker 20 ft SST. The liberty has a different front wind cowling molded in the deck and the sprint has a spoiler (like the 19 ft Daytona) molded into the deck at the transome, while the liberty's rear deck slopes slightly down.:cool: They do look similer though and I have seen some E. Liberties that made me look twice. The colors on mine were very popular with Eliminators and Stokers from the mid 80s through the early 90s.:D

eliminatedsprinter
01-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
when do you get it back? will you have it next weekend?;)
I doubt it. Besides, who says I'll take it anywhere. I may just look at it :rolleyes: If I start it up it could break.:eek: ;)

JetBoatRich
01-09-2004, 02:36 PM
I doubt it. Besides, who says I'll take it anywhere. I may just look at it :rolleyes: If I start it up it could break.:eek: ;)
If I worry about that, I better just keep mine on the trailor:eek!:

eliminatedsprinter
01-09-2004, 03:54 PM
Behind your truck you would get a better top end that way.:D ;)

CrazyHippy
01-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Ouch.... Better Mileage too:D :p :D
BJ(may be crashing BV party)H

JetBoatRich
01-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Now that hurts, top end is fine it is out of the hole that needs to improve:eek:
Still don't remember you passing me at all:D