PDA

View Full Version : DCB Sticker Saves Me

Budget Baller
12-02-2003, 08:11 PM
On Saturday I get pulled over for running a red light in Pasadena on Colorado Blvd. I pulled over and handed him my license without saying anything. The cop takes the license and asks, "Do you own a DCB"? I say yes, a Mach 26. He then proceeds to ask about ten other questions about the boat, hands the license back to me, and says, "No ticket today, I want to party with you at the river next summer". How cool was that. :D

Just Tool'n
12-02-2003, 08:13 PM
Way to cool. Ownership does have it's price & previlages!

JetBoatRich
12-02-2003, 08:14 PM
It works, I better go get a sticker. Sounds like a nice guy:D
Better watch when you run those lights:rolleyes: they may not be so nice next time:eek:

Budget Baller
12-02-2003, 08:16 PM
Lesson learned. I was just frustrated sitting in traffic, and I was trying to get to the hotel to get a cocktail asap.

Kilrtoy
12-02-2003, 10:43 PM
Can you send me a sticker I need some saving.....:D

boxscore
12-03-2003, 07:13 AM
Could be he saw that DCB sticker and just wanted to chat! "Um, errrrr, umm, careful running through those lights. Hey BTW, you gotta DCB?" Got lit up towing an Ultra years ago. Turns out the shereeef just wanted a gander at the boat.

TOBTEK
12-03-2003, 07:56 AM
WOW....I should EVER be soooooo lucky. did you get his phone number.....sell him mine:D

FastTimmy
12-03-2003, 08:15 AM
Here my bad story.
At Glamis this past weekend I got a ticket for haveing a person riding in the bed of my Truck. Sounds lagit rite?
Here is the kicker. The guy that I had in the back of my truck had a brocken leg from crashing his dirt bike. His pants were cut open at his leg obviosly brocken. The Sherif did not care the law is the law he said. I state this just to show how tight they are getting out at glamis and that mean people suck.....

AZKC
12-03-2003, 08:26 AM
What kinda crap is that:yuk: That cop was fockin pinhead :mad: Nothing like "Serve and Protect" What an a$$
KC

anxious
12-03-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by FastTimmy
Here my bad story.
At Glamis this past weekend I got a ticket for haveing a person riding in the bed of my Truck. Sounds lagit rite?
Here is the kicker. The guy that I had in the back of my truck had a brocken leg from crashing his dirt bike. His pants were cut open at his leg obviosly brocken. The Sherif did not care the law is the law he said. I state this just to show how tight they are getting out at glamis and that mean people suck.....
id fight it. i would have also told the guy that they could stop meeting their quota and help human society:burningm:

FastTimmy
12-04-2003, 06:54 AM
I think that things are so bad out there (Glamis) that they just want to rite as many tickets as possible to try to chase of the bad element. Last year they wrote so many tickets that as of thanksgiving this year they had not prossesed all of them. I am guessing that I will get a letter at some point telling me the ticket was dissmissed. That happend to alot of people last year. Red that on the dirt boards.
There is so many offenders out there that he did not even need to get back in his truck to stop the next guy..
He was nice enough to rite it to some code as so it would not be a moving violation on my record or so he said..
Here is what he rote me for:
38301 V.C.-special Reg- Pass. in bed of truck
Maybe someone that has a officer bud or famialy can find out what it means and post it. Is there a good site to go look it up at?
Timmy

Havasu Cig
12-04-2003, 07:18 AM
38301 CVC: It is unlawful to operate a vehicle in violation of special regulations which have been promulgated by the government agency having jurisdiction over public lands, including, but not limited to , regulations governing access, routes of travel, plants, wildlife, wildlife habitat, water, resources, and historical sites.
That is the definiation from the California Vehicle Code. It sounds like it would not be a moving violation. To confirm I would check with the CHP. They usually are the best resource for traffic related questions.

Wicky
12-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by anxious
id fight it. i would have also told the guy that they could stop meeting their quota and help human society:burningm:
ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!$$$$$$!! and statistic manipulations
supporting what is done in law enforcement and why.
Its so obvious it stinks!!!
To serve and PROJECT should have been the slogan!!

Wicky
12-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by FastTimmy
Here my bad story.
I betcha they don't pull over trucks full of illegals/farm workers in Brawley because if the cop writes them a ticket, chances are it won't be paid and instead of becoming an asset to the county/city it becomes a burden more than not.
When the cop pulled you over he saw your nice truck. He knows that you probably have a job. That is called profiling. He knows you're going to pay your ticket eventually because you don't want to lose your shit. If he pulled you over for safety's sake, well we know the answer to that. Too bad he didn't give a shit about your friend. I wouldn't want to be a cop now days. Too many bad reputations going, with an exception every once in a while like at the top of this thread.
Mow,
Wicky

FastTimmy
12-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the reply HC.
Yeh I think there is some number games going on here. I wounder if they get more help to police or to close the area with a increase of tickets

Mullet
12-04-2003, 10:44 AM
I dont blame the cops in Glamis for being so anal. How many times have crowds thrown beer cans and hassled them? It is hard to tell the good guys from the badd guys. I have seen some crazy stuff out there. In one night I saw a guy in a jeep try to run over a whole crowd of people and when he missed he backed up and tried again. Then as I was walking away I saw a group of guys chasing a guy on a quad. A bystander was hit by the guy on the quad and then the quad guy was royaly beat down.
But I had a good time!:)

Hallett19
12-04-2003, 12:15 PM
I got pulled over in Azuza once by a CHP for running a red and illegal lane change. I had the boat behind me, so he pulls me over and asks what I was doing, I told him I had just bought some new stuff for my boat at Rex Marine and was testing at Puddingstone. Well he goes off for 10 min asking where I bring my boat, what I think about certain laws at certain lakes and on and on and on, then after that, he goes on for about 10 min about his Warlock and how great it is, at this point I'm thinking, "just give me the ticket and let me get home buddy" but after a little convo about boats and lakes, he lets me go.... ahhhhhh thank you :D

Kilrtoy
12-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Wow so 20 mintues of his BS saved you probably 5 BIG BILLS and or traffic school and a point on your record and insurance premium being raised.
ALEX I'LL TAKE CHIPPY BS FOR 20 MINS. PLEASE.

mirvin
12-04-2003, 12:31 PM
Man, that cop in Glamis sounds like a ****ing turd burgler!!:mad: