PDA

View Full Version : whats is worth?

slotracer
12-03-2003, 06:54 AM
ok guy's thinking about buuying a v-drive its a 1978 sanger bubbledeck runner bottom its for sale on dragboat.com i do not know much about v-drive's so this will be a learning time for me. the guy wants $4000.00 b/o heres the ad
1978 Sanger Bubbledeck runner bottom. New Casale v-drive with whirlaway,paint,gauges and oil cooler.All running hardware included,sits on nice tandem trailer. Must sell,
http://dragboats.com/images/classified/bauer_gary.jpg
thanks
pat(slotracer):D

Sangster
12-03-2003, 07:13 AM
Looks good from here Pat....It sounds good if the floor & stringers are not delaminated....Thats where Time & Money always add to the cost....Like any boat make sure the Hardware is Clean and in good shape...Alot of extra holes in the stringers is also not good.. Take your time and look at "everything" on the boat......Good luck:cool: And welcome to the "Darkside"...

Hud
12-03-2003, 07:13 AM
Thats about right! $4000.00 To $3000.00, do you get headers?

Hud
12-03-2003, 08:32 AM
http://www.dragboats.com/images/classified/wallace_edward.jpg $3700.00

slotracer
12-03-2003, 08:39 AM
info,info,info??????????

CircleJerk
12-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Slotrace, where did you get that handle? Do you slot race? So did I! Until my rebirth and circle racing took over from there, thanks to the v-drive demons...
Here's my take:Used prices as follows
Casale v-drive, $1200, shaft release{whirlaway} $500, trailer $1000, headers $300, cav plate complete with down pedal $500, prop shaft, coupler,prop,strut $600, motor mounts and gas tanks, $400, That totals 4500 and you havent paid for the hull, steering, misc hardware, AND PAINT. Billy, what is a new base clear coat cost? Depending on how much his paint cost, you may get him to take 3500 since that is the usual less engine. JeRk;)

CircleJerk
12-03-2003, 11:15 AM
One last thing, The bubble deck Sanger is very well know up here and could possible win a popularity contest. This may have something to do with the resale value being higher than other brands, but make sure as listed above: WATCH FOR DELAMINATION if carpet has been installed, you cant see this [MILKY LOOKING COLOR] AND CRACKS THAT SHOW THROUGH THE BOTTOM [SET A bright LIGHT ABOVE AND CRAWL UNDER THE HULL TO LOOK FOR BAD CRACKS] ALSO stress cracks around deck area are normal but with the new paint have now been covered. Ask him what repairs have been done. Look where the stringers connect to the floor for serious cracks and a dark grey or black color under any crack. Most of us accept some of these defects cause you cant find one without them! But be prepared to fix it. It pays to look at more than one boat to get a comparison or have a v-drive friend go with you. I just wouldnt buy a boat sight unseen and not expect to find a few surprises!!! Thats why Im called a JeRk.....and tough sell.
PS: some use plain steel bolts through stringers and hull that leave RUST. My Barron had them from the factory! This can cause wood rot and must be cut out eventually. Always use stailess steel bolts and fasteners. Once the rot starts it gets REAL expensive to fix.

Bense468
12-03-2003, 11:28 AM
Nevermind

slotracer
12-03-2003, 12:13 PM
circlejeck yes i used to slotcar race until the tracks shutdown.
also i agree that looking at all the different angles on hulls need to be done. thanks for all the info. to look at. bense i am waiting for more info also.

scottys
12-03-2003, 03:33 PM
I Bought a boat from this guy last year,and got a look at the Sanger.I'll pm you my phone #

Bense468
12-03-2003, 04:21 PM
which sanger are you talking about scotty? The white one? If so I am interested in what you have to say about it.