PDA

View Full Version : Think I finally sold the red Harley

hd&boatrider
12-03-2003, 08:36 AM
Of course I have been thru this before with another person. You know the BS...."give me a couple of days and I will get the funds. Don't sell it because I am for sure buying it." Then that turns into weeks and then you don't hear from the ****er again.
Well, a neighbor tracked me down and said he is going to probably get this done. Just has to move some money around. He then brought his GF over who sat on it. I fired it up and revved it for her. You should have seen the look on her face As far as I am concerned that sealed the deal....lol
I will be happy when I have that money in hand!
:D

Jungle Boy
12-03-2003, 08:59 AM
Hope the deal goes through for you. It's a bitch selling stuff. I don't think that selling a bike is much different than selling anything with a motor. It pisses me off and I'll tell that I could never be a sales guy. I had so many guys call and waste my time with the last boat that I sold that by the time that the last guy came to look at it, I was getting real edgey with him. I told him the price and also told him that we are not in Mexico buying blanket on the beach, so that's the price. Don't like it, don't buy it. I told him when I was going to be at home, so if he wanted to come see it, then that's the time I'd be home. This was after many people said that they would be by, then they'd stiff me. After all this BS, I was getting pist. This guy shows up and thinks I'm a prick, but he bought the boat. There are far to many tire kickers and explorers out there with to much time on their hands.
:mad:

hd&boatrider
12-03-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Jungle Boy
Hope the deal goes through for you. It's a bitch selling stuff. I don't think that selling a bike is much different than selling anything with a motor. It pisses me off and I'll tell that I could never be a sales guy. I had so many guys call and waste my time with the last boat that I sold that by the time that the last guy came to look at it, I was getting real edgey with him. I told him the price and also told him that we are not in Mexico buying blanket on the beach, so that's the price. Don't like it, don't buy it. I told him when I was going to be at home, so if he wanted to come see it, then that's the time I'd be home. This was after many people said that they would be by, then they'd stiff me. After all this BS, I was getting pist. This guy shows up and thinks I'm a prick, but he bought the boat. There are far to many tire kickers and explorers out there with to much time on their hands.
:mad:
I agree with you totally JB. I hate selling stuff especially when you are giving a very good deal, maintain it stringently and then have someone try to negotiate. Get the **** out! The price is the price.

spectratoad
12-03-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
I fired it up and revved it for her. You should have seen the look on her face As far as I am concerned that sealed the deal....lol
I will be happy when I have that money in hand!
:D
Or it got her so wet it sealed her to the seat so now he has to buy the bike to keep the girl.:D
If I want something I always try to have cash in hand or at least tell the person I want it but it will take whatever amount of time and will be back to see if they still have the item. I never expect them to hold it for me and I don't hold anything for anyone else unless a nice deposit is given.