PDA

View Full Version : Dcb F29 Stat's

TOBTEK
12-03-2003, 12:06 PM
FOR ALL THE NON-BELIEVERS......THIS ISNT TO SHABBY FOR BONE STOCK MOTORS!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135F291-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135F292-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135F293-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135F294-med.jpg
DCB Mach F-29 - Big numbers with "little powers" twin, bone stock, Mercury 575 SC's ran back
to back 130 mph passes on 2 separate GPS readings. Both Bob Teague, of Teague Custom
Marine as well as Dave Hemmingson of Dave's Custom Boats were drivers. They are expecting
"big #'s" also with the smaller twin Mercury 525's

Boatjob26
12-03-2003, 12:19 PM
I'm impressed...

HavasuDreamin'
12-03-2003, 12:28 PM
Well....................something doesn't add up.
That boat with 575's (not sure of the HP at the prop) running 130mph.
Charley's boat with twin 650 hp motors (not sure of the HP at the prop) running +/- 125-126 mph (I think).
So who pumped up those "stock" 575's?

TOBTEK
12-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Boatjob26
I'm impressed...
from everything Ive heard...they are untouched/all stock....maybe they just have things more dialed in now that they have built a few? just a guess.

roln 20s
12-03-2003, 01:46 PM
I had heard that they raised the X-dimension on this boat and that was one of the ways they dialed it in better. Great numbers with those motors--why would you want anything else if you can run 130mph on stock merc motors with warranties? I know I wouldn't.
Roln 20s

Havasu Cig
12-03-2003, 02:20 PM
That seems a little fast for 575's....Is it an epoxy layup or something?????
I am thinking of 32 Skaters, 30 Spectre... which are not running numbers like that. If it is true with stock 575's that is very impressive.

Tom Slick
12-03-2003, 02:22 PM
I'm not trying to start any shit here and I am definitely not bagging on DCB's or the F-29 because they are bad ass, I am just a tad bit curious of the set-up on this boat. What is the drive gear ratio, prop size and pitch, max RPM, etc?
The stock 575SCi has 550HP to the prop and turns 4800-5200RPM. To get 130MPH out of that set up that boat would have to have a 1.25 gear ratio, 36 pitch prop, 5200RPM with a very very good slip of 8-9%.
Now I'm not saying that it didn't run that speed, I am just wondering how they did it, how they even got it to plane with that kind of set-up and how much lake it took to finally get there?
Like someone posted earlier, Charlies boat is pushing somewhere around 650-700HP per motor and ran mid 120's. Not sure what Charlies set-up was for that pass, but I believe it must have turned more RPM than 5200 and I know he ran a 36 pitch prop. I'm not sure what Charlies gear ratio was either.

Havasu Cig
12-03-2003, 02:27 PM
I don't think they ran it at a lake....I was told that Bob Teague was in San Diego testing boats a couple days ago. This was probably one of them.

BADBLOWN572
12-03-2003, 02:51 PM
Is that boat on boxes or were the gimbals bolted directly to the transom? I would love to see what it would do with standard 500 h.p. packages and boxes.

CMABadseed
12-03-2003, 03:23 PM
since bad brought up boxes.......
is it new to be bolting up bravo style drives to #6 style boxes, or are those just some kinda merc racing box i've never seen before?
great speeds out that boat though. if charley ran w/ 1200 hp and the other had 1100 hp, with all the time between the two and imporvments in set up i wouldnt doubt it.
look at the 34's.....from the first one to now....huge gains.

Havasu Cig
12-03-2003, 03:32 PM
The new ITS drives look similar to #6 style drives with the integrated steering, is that what it has???

Charley
12-03-2003, 03:50 PM
I spoke with Dave today it's true ...bone stock 575's ... the difference is that they raised the x dimension by 2" and are running a speedmaster lower unit which has more fin in the water but the prop is higher...it ran 39" props at 5300rpms through I believe a 1.25" ratio. Dave called me to see if I wanted to try the speedmaster lowers in hopes I might switch...he said I would sacrifice my holeshot but would gain 8-10 mph.... I thought about it for a second but to be honest I'm cool with the way my boat is set up..I like my holeshot and in a season or 2 I plan on freshening my motors and getting another 100 ponies a side out of those Peto motors anyways ;)

Charley
12-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Oh by the way he is rigging a twin 496 HO 29 right now... If she runs 100-110 that will be a pretty bullit-proof/fairly priced triple digit boat!

Tom Slick
12-03-2003, 04:14 PM
Charlie,
What's up my friend. Still not trying to start shit, but was 39 pitch a typo, or are they running some custom built props. Second, with that set-up I want to know how in the heck they even get that thing on plane. With a 17% slip I would find it hard to imagine even getting onto plane, let alone how long it must of took to obtain that top speed.
All of these guys that are trying to get these huge numbers out of there boats are killing me. What is the point in having a boat that goes 130mph, but takes 10 miles to reach that speed?
Charlie, I think that you are dead on in leaving your boat set-up the way it is. If that thing runs a buck20 and accelerates hard, then you have the perfect ride for Havi.:D

Infomaniac
12-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Congrats - good job.
I am curious of the dollar to MPH ratio of a boat like that.

Havasu Hangin'
12-03-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Infomaniac
I am curious of the dollar to MPH ratio of a boat like that.
I'll guess....$1,700/MPH?

rivercrazy
12-03-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by TOBTEK
DCB Mach F-29 - Big numbers with "little powers" twin, bone stock, Mercury 575 SC's ran back
to back 130 mph passes on 2 separate GPS readings. Both Bob Teague, of Teague Custom
Marine as well as Dave Hemmingson of Dave's Custom Boats were drivers. They are expecting
"big #'s" also with the smaller twin Mercury 525's
DAMN - 130MPH at zero RPM! This has to be the most efficient hull in the world! Or someone has been eatin beans! J/K LOL! :D

Havasu Hangin'
12-03-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
DAMN - 130MPH at zero RPM! This has to be the most efficient hull in the world! Or someone has been eatin beans!
There's this new thing called "GPS Recall"...ever heard of it? It's a new concept.
No pitot tube needed.

rivercrazy
12-03-2003, 05:33 PM
LOL! Yea. I actually have the same exact GPS as the one shown.
But I guess DCB's rigging leaves out the rpm gauge wiring?

missboatnam1
12-03-2003, 05:58 PM
im not sure i get it, a 575 blower motor is bone stock.

CMABadseed
12-03-2003, 06:59 PM
Cig,
it very well could have been. i stopped by last monday to show a friend around the old shop. i swear i saw it and it said XR on it. but i guess that would be no big deal if the ITS and the XR have the same mounting pattern. i guess i've been outta the game awhile...too much new stuff. haha
i haven't been back there in a while, and man everything is just alot bigger there now, makes the shop look small. ahh the good old 22 & 26 days.
for damn sure that they are putting out one hell of a product though, i couldnt believe some of the stuff in there.

Havasu Hangin'
12-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
LOL! Yea. I actually have the same exact GPS as the one shown.
You can't use the recall without the engines running?
Who wired your stereo? Do you carry a few fire extinguishers?

rivercrazy
12-03-2003, 09:07 PM
Boy do I feel like an idiot! Being unfamilar with GPS Gaffrig gauges, I had no clue.
BTW - My stereo is wired as follows Positive battery wire to RCA inputs. Negative wire to REM wire. RCA outs on the head unit duct taped to all the speakers. Is that right?

Charley
12-03-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Tom Slick
Charlie,
What's up my friend. Still not trying to start shit, but was 39 pitch a typo, or are they running some custom built props. Second, with that set-up I want to know how in the heck they even get that thing on plane. With a 17% slip I would find it hard to imagine even getting onto plane, let alone how long it must of took to obtain that top speed.
All of these guys that are trying to get these huge numbers out of there boats are killing me. What is the point in having a boat that goes 130mph, but takes 10 miles to reach that speed?
Charlie, I think that you are dead on in leaving your boat set-up the way it is. If that thing runs a buck20 and accelerates hard, then you have the perfect ride for Havi.:D
WHATS UP MY MAN!
39 is not a typo.. it's custom bent 36 or 38, cant remember :) I agree It's definitely set up for top speed and not drag racing.. ironically enough when I told dave I loved how my boat planed and drove hard up past 110 with my 30's on it.. he totally agreed... Thats the way to run..that last 10-ish mph isnt worth the loss in mid range balls..it's just a number they were looking to get with a special set up. I doubt anyone would run 39" props with 575's unless it was a poker Run

BADBLOWN572
12-03-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by missboatnam1
im not sure i get it, a 575 blower motor is bone stock.
Miss, the reason why people are calling it a stock motor is because it is a package that is stock within the Mercury lineup. Yes it is a blowe motor, but it is readily available from Mercury and is an authorized package. No tweeking is needed to get the power.

Havasu Cig
12-04-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by CMABadseed
Cig,
it very well could have been. i stopped by last monday to show a friend around the old shop. i swear i saw it and it said XR on it. but i guess that would be no big deal if the ITS and the XR have the same mounting pattern. i guess i've been outta the game awhile...too much new stuff. haha
i haven't been back there in a while, and man everything is just alot bigger there now, makes the shop look small. ahh the good old 22 & 26 days.
for damn sure that they are putting out one hell of a product though, i couldnt believe some of the stuff in there.
Everybody is moving up in boat size these days....When I went to DCB and saw the first 26 I thought it was huge, now they don't look big anymore. If we buy something else I think we will be downsizing. Maybe it will start a trend:D
The XR with ITS has a 7" box with integrated steering. The box looks similar to the #6, just alot smaller.
Talk to you later.

DBM
12-04-2003, 07:57 AM
The Girl's right! STOCK?, I was wondering when someone would bring this to light. Whats stock about a mercury racing pakage.
Factory motor pakage yes, warranty 1 year limited for recreational boating.
Stock? There's nothing stock about that motor, Block, crank, pistons, conecting rods, blower, ignition or exhaust.
All custom designed, tweeked,machined or fabricated for endurance,performance, strength and or RACING.
Because it is a production item from Mercury racing this constituits a stock pakage ... So the Mercury Racing sc 900 is also stock.. and Teauge's
620, thru 900 Sc are also stock.. This dog won't hunt.
Don't get me wrong, from what I hear that hull is bad ass right out of the box.
39" Prop's what the? Ive tweeked on a few motors in my time and with a prop that big turning at 100 rpms above full throtle rpm range "Per Mercury Racing" with factory setting's? You would think it would be neccesary to add a little boost to atain full throtle rpms turning that big a wheel. But then maybe dual motors are differet.
This is pretty much the sme approach Eliminator had when they achieved 100 mph with a 30 Daytona, 496 stock package's and one gallon of gas, no seat cushions and a one leg ethiopian at the throtle's.
OH, and there's another stock motor packagage around fabricated by a guy named Infomaniac. Just think what kind of number could be achieved with this stock package and a couple of 50" prop's
My 2 cents.;)

Charley
12-04-2003, 02:48 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH... I have to say that if you can't call a tame lil mercury 575 with a one year warranty "stock" then whatever, lets re-phrase what happend.
A 29' Cat with 550x2 1 year warrantied Horsepower to the prop ran 130 MPH..... no matter how it was propped or geared or how long it took to get there. DCB should get credit, the boat is a Rocket and has no porpoise anywhere.
To put things into perspective
- the new style 32' Skater (a damned fine hull) ran 123MPH with 575's, ya it's 3 feet bigger and 123 was a VERY IMPRESSIVE number just like 130MPH is for a 29
- The E ticket 149.5 number... ALSO A VERY IMPRESSIVE #(congrads! E ticket)
E-Ticket 28' Cat w/2050 HP = 149.5 MPH
DCB 29' Cat w/1100 HP = 130 MPH
Both impressive
I guess there will always be people who wanna pick things apart, :rolleyes: whatever... DCB hit a homerun with this boat, E ticket hit an "AWESOME" # and so is Skaters # too! in my humble opinion pay the respect that's due or STFU :D

Havasu Cig
12-04-2003, 03:21 PM
Charley,
I agree with you, 130 is damn fast with 575's. You know I, of all people, would be the last to give DCB credit, but they deserve it.
One thing regarding the Skater though, I believe that number on the 32' is with # 6 drives. DSM had a 32 tall deck with a cabin (minimal) with 575's and 6's and it ran 118. I was told skater will not rig a boat with Bravo's anymore.

DBM
12-04-2003, 06:26 PM
I forgot DCB is not to be subjected to the same scrutiny as other boat manufacture's.
Blah Blah Blah if you can't call a lil ol 575sc stock boo hoo hoo blah blah. Now were having an intelligent conversation.
One more time, theres nothing stock about em. Charley forgive me, but judging from that mindless sentance, you don't know shit about motors eccept how to write a check for one. As a matter a fact it's painfully obvious.
Hey bro, Im not callin your wife a bad name, just pointing out what's even obvious to the girls on the board.
And while the other stats you posted are impresive, there not the topic of this thread.
And it does matter how it was propped and how long it took to get there and if it took another boat to pull it on plane because the props are an unrealistic shoe size.
You guess there will always be someone to pick things apart? Well actually you would know this first hand, given all the apart picking you did everytime an Eliminator beat a skater in an offshore race, you cried a foul of some sort.
Now the truth be told or UCKMFA

BADBLOWN572
12-04-2003, 07:21 PM
Even if the DCB didn't have the best #'s in the market that they are in for the 29' cat, they are definitely within the top 5. When you look at the quality of the cats they are either #1 or 2. When you look at the design/styling of the cats definitely #1 or 2. Any way you look at this equation they are probably the best cat in overall charicteristics on the market. I would be in heaven if I had one.
When people argue what "stock" means it is a matter of symantics. Stock can mean readily available in the shop or nothing tweeked beyond what is originally produced. People can say that a Ferrari is stock, but what does that mean? It has not been modified. The 575's have not been modified from how they come off of the assembly line and therefore I would consider them a stock motor.

Charley
12-04-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by DBM
Now were having an intelligent conversation.
manufacture's.
eccept
sentance
impresive
Dude get a spell check man... It will help keep people from reading your posts without laughing. :D
As far as knowing motors... I know this much it's a 502 with 7.5 compression. It runs on pump gas and I think it's running 4 or 5lbs lbs of boost although I'm not sure on that. That sounds pretty tame to me, but wtf do I know? I also know it's got aluminum Pistons and a 4340 crank... I also know that it's a mass produced engine package that Mercury backs up for 1 year and Im guessing they probably spent $500,000 on R&D on the package before they released it to consumers.... so to me it's a "Stock" motor. I already conceded that if you couldn't see it that way whatever :rolleyes:. I honestly don't mean to pick on eliminator, my jokes are mainly about winding people up and having a little fun, that is why I come on this board to learn, share and laugh with some other boaters but once again you get your panties in a wad and decide you want to up the ante. Whatever dude! your opinion is about as important to me as the turds my little 3 year old deposits in his diapers daily. Actually his turds mean alot more to me. So DMB/DBM go ahead and up the ante again like you always do and show me and the rest of the world how unhappy you are with your life:D
P.S. I know you build your own motors and all that but don't be mad at me because I can afford to pay someone who really does know what they are doing to build mine :wink:

DBM
12-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Do you mean semantics? or "The interpitation of the meaning of the word Stock" I'll bite, like stock car, theres nothing stock about em but there called "STOCK CARS", Or on stock or in stock, meaning goods kept on hand.
So, adding to this sematical confusion off the word stock, would I be correct to assume you also consider the Mercury Racing 900 SC a stock motor? As it also comes off the Mercury Racing division "production line".

Boatjob26
12-04-2003, 08:22 PM
To me, the 575sc is about as stock as an engine can be. Straight off the assembly line, no tuning needed and ready to run with a warranty. Doesn't get much more stock than that!

XTRM22
12-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by DBM
Do you mean semantics? or "The interpitation of the meaning of the word Stock"
Not to be overly critical, but "interpretation "
Now my opinion is similar to BadBlown572's, I think. The 575 is built by Merc, and warrantied by Merc making it a stock Merc package. I don't think of any engine that says Teague on it as stock. This may be just because Mercury Marine is that much bigger then Teague, but I see Teague as a custom builder and Mercury as a manufacturer, but it is mostly semantics and opinion.
On the other hand (indecision may or may not be a charater flaw of mine :D ) The 575, 500 bulldog,525sc, and the 900sc Mercs were all billed at one time as hand built motors from Mercury racing division, that doesn't really sound stock. Now my 7.4 non-mag carb motor that's stock baby! Oh crap, it was until I put those damn Imco powerflows on it. This has turned out as interesting as the "define custom" boat thread. Now Mr DBM would you quit getting Charley all riled up, I have to talk to him this weekend:D ;) :p
Chuck

DBM
12-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Charlie, why do I need a spell checker when I have you... Wait a sec, Except, Sentence, Impressive .... sorry for typing to fast.. But if others are laughing at my misspelt words, they must be rolling on the floor laughing at you correcting the other words that are spelled correctly.
Maybe you to should use a spell check.
So when I wind you up for fun, it means Im a miserable puke.
But when you do it, your just having a little fun... Another hypocritical statement.
Buy the way, you decided to turn this into a personal attack not me, wich is another hypocritical move on your part. If your head wasn't so far up daves ass "one cannot tell where he begins and you end or vise versa, you wouldn't give this thread the time of day.
Congratulations on your fondness of your childs feces, you should probaly seek professional help with this along with your "LITTLE MAN SYNDROME".
Charlie, your still just a shit talking little punk.
P.S. Your about as bothersome as a rainy day. My motor was actually machined by PHAFF and assembled by Stock racing. Smuck.

Havasu Hangin'
12-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by DBM
This is pretty much the sme approach Eliminator had when they achieved 100 mph with a 30 Daytona, 496 stock package's and one gallon of gas, no seat cushions and a one leg ethiopian at the throtle's.
Don't forget no limiters.

DBM
12-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Or cup holder's...
Interpretation... Fu%k My name is DBM and I'm a misspelloholic.
Chuck, ahh thank you.
Fine!! stock 575 but you can't backpedal on the 900SC If ya label the 575 stock the 900 is also stock, It's produced in the same manner.

Boatjob26
12-04-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by DBM
Or cup holder's...
Chuck, ahh thank you.
Fine!! stock 575 but you can't backpedal on the 900SC If ya label the 575 stock the 900 is also stock, It's produced in the same manner.
This is GREAT.....I haven't seen this much "drama" on these forums since who knows??? When was the last time someone was jealous of another's DCB? Do you know DBM:D

Charley
12-04-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by DBM
Charlie, why do I need a spell checker when I have you... Wait a sec, Except, Sentence, Impressive .... sorry for typing to fast.. But if others are laughing at my misspelt words, they must be rolling on the floor laughing at you correcting the other words that are spelled correctly.
Maybe you to should use a spell check.
So when I wind you up for fun, it means Im a miserable puke.
But when you do it, your just having a little fun... Another hypocritical statement.
Buy the way, you decided to turn this into a personal attack not me, wich is another hypocritical move on your part. If your head wasn't so far up daves ass "one cannot tell where he begins and you end or vise versa, you wouldn't give this thread the time of day.
Congratulations on your fondness of your childs feces, you should probaly seek professional help with this along with your "LITTLE MAN SYNDROME".
Charlie, your still just a shit talking little punk.
P.S. Your about as bothersome as a rainy day. My motor was actually machined by PHAFF and assembled by Stock racing. Smuck.
here we go again... get the spell checker you dipshit, or slow your typing down cause everytime you attempt to put together witty attack with words, I don't understand 1/2 of them! :D
P.S. Dave is a damned nice guy, and if you expect me to be ashamed of liking him after everythng he has done for me well then ****off ;)

CEO
12-05-2003, 12:03 AM
wow!!

Lakeshow
12-05-2003, 04:27 AM
Starbucks induced insomnia checking in.
Since when does speaking ones mind about a product you believe in and coincidently built by one hell of a nice guy make you and a%* kisser?
Charley digs his boat and the guy who built it as do I and I venture to guess 95% of the rest of the DCB owners - so right on Charley for being so articulate about it.
Question, does the 900SC come with the same one year warranty that the 575 comes with or is it 90 days????
Lastly, a note about syntax, it obvious by Charley's writing style that he started addressing the issues raised by DBM with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek. However, DBM, on the other, dude, LIGHTEN UP - you've got to be kidding me.
Got to go I have Dave on the other line :D :D :D.

boatnam2
12-05-2003, 05:20 AM
i heard through the grapevine the steering wheel was cut in half to save weight so the boat only turned half as good as it normally would.also the test was ran in parker where the water is full of piss so with the extra bacteria they could spin a bigger prop.

Havasu Cig
12-05-2003, 07:12 AM
The Skater I posted about above was actually a 36' talldeck with cabin, 575's and 6's and it ran 113.
I checked when I got home. The boat actually runs at Havasu sometimes so you guys might have seen it.

Havasu Cig
12-05-2003, 07:48 AM
BTW: The rest of the post are pretty entertaining.:D

TOBTEK
12-05-2003, 08:11 AM
WOW......:eek: LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS:rolleyes: ......ISNT THIS SOPOSTA BE FUN? a buncha boat bro's having a good time? Does someone need a hug?;) IM sure glad I have one little STOCK outboard...low and slow and no drama:D

Dave C
12-05-2003, 08:30 AM
take it easy guys.
Using the term "stock" in this context is actually a euphemism.
A blower motor produced with these modifications is not "stock," per se, even if it comes from the factory. If you built the same thing aftermarket it woud NOT be stock but rather a custom job. IMO, the 575SC & 900 are "custom" built motors that are mass -produced. (i.e. customs that are copied many times over)
Here is the euphemism part. You want to buy a motor that would be "stock" to the untrained eye, (i.e. YOUR WIFE, bank & insurance company) but is in fact a custom high performance package. So you buy a "stock" (blower) motor with a warranty. A blower motor is not undesirable to you, but it is to others. (yes, all HP motors have a negative connotation, ask your wife)
Then you can tell your friends you got a blower motor. Win-win situation.
Isn't marketing great?:D :D

Havasu Hangin'
12-05-2003, 08:41 AM
I'm stayin' out of this...
...you guys are too mean for me.

Craig
12-05-2003, 10:29 AM
Nice speeds, "stock" or not :D I gotta get another job :)

DogHouse
12-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Any of you mean & nasty sh!ttalking cat drivers gonna be at Havasu this weekend?
You too Chuck. You're included just because you own a DCB!
:D

Freak
12-05-2003, 12:19 PM
In a couple more months when everyone is home bound for the winter this place will be really ugly. LOL. Ahhhh I love the HB fourms in the winter.

Jrocket
12-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by DogHouse
Any of you mean & nasty sh!ttalking cat drivers gonna be at Havasu this weekend?
:D
Could be! Why,who wants a spank'n? LMAO..:D

Jrocket
12-05-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by DBM
Thats a good one.LMAO...:D

Lakeshow
12-05-2003, 01:44 PM
I drive a V-Slug and I am high and dry until my "stock" Pfaff motor is finished:D :D .

Starloans
12-05-2003, 02:09 PM
Lakeshow, why you in here stiring up shit? :D You should be just lurking like the rest of us small people with v bottoms. BTW when is your stock PHaff engine going to be ready to replace your stock HP 500? :D
You wanna ride to Catalina this weekend?

DogHouse
12-05-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
Could be! Why,who wants a spank'n? LMAO..:D
Clearly you have me confused with one of those weed wacka drivers! :D
You sportin' some new hardware or you just a typical cocky DCB driver? :p

Jrocket
12-05-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by DogHouse
just a typical cocky DCB driver? :p
Bingo!:D

DogHouse
12-05-2003, 08:53 PM
Bingo!:D
Hey if you're out and see my boat this weekend, flag us down. Just be sure it's not one of my many stunt doubles.
:cool:

DBM
12-05-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Dave C
take it easy guys.
Using the term "stock" in this context is actually a euphemism.
A blower motor produced with these modifications is not "stock," per se, even if it comes from the factory. If you built the same thing aftermarket it woud NOT be stock but rather a custom job. IMO, the 575SC & 900 are "custom" built motors that are mass -produced. (i.e. customs that are copied many times over)
Here is the euphemism part. You want to buy a motor that would be "stock" to the untrained eye, (i.e. YOUR WIFE, bank & insurance company) but is in fact a custom high performance package. So you buy a "stock" (blower) motor with a warranty. A blower motor is not undesirable to you, but it is to others. (yes, all HP motors have a negative connotation, ask your wife)
Then you can tell your friends you got a blower motor. Win-win situation.
Isn't marketing great?:D :D
Finally!! a factual and reasonable response.

mbrown2
12-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Pretty good number for the 29 with the HP pushing it; regardless of what the haters say...:rolleyes:

SummerObsession
12-16-2003, 01:52 PM
This is entertaining.
However, I for one, would be proud to own a DCB F-29.
In fact, I have a 2001 35 Playboy Cigarette (awesome boat!) that I am selling/trading in order to get into a F-29 or a 30 Daytona.
If anyone is looking to trade, let me know!
Charley:
let me know about the F-29 with 496's in it would ya?
I might be interested.
John
Oh yeah, here's my rig:

Charley
12-17-2003, 01:46 AM
I'll try to post the results after they run the boat...then again who would believe any #'s posted by a manufacturer ;):D

WetWillie
01-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Its been a month what did the 29 with 496's run? What drives did it run?
WW
Originally posted by Charley
I'll try to post the results after they run the boat...then again who would believe any #'s posted by a manufacturer ;):D

Charley
01-13-2004, 08:28 AM
I almost forgot about that... thanks WW.... I just called Carlos and with BONE STOCK 496HO the F-29 Ran 108 Mph.... bring it on Haters we can take it!:D :D :D

mbrown2
01-13-2004, 08:35 AM
Charlie, I call Bull$hit.....
It probably ran 110:D :D :D :D
mbrown2 <- Just stirrin the Tuesday mornin...stew..

roln 20s
01-13-2004, 08:48 AM
I'm impressed- congrats to DCB.
Roln 20s

WetWillie
01-13-2004, 09:44 AM
Anyone wanna take a stab at what a 29' cost with twin 496's
I hear a certain BMW finace guy is having a big year:D :D
WW

missboatnam1
01-13-2004, 10:23 AM
I WILL 170k!

TOBTEK
01-13-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by WetWillie
Anyone wanna take a stab at what a 29' cost with twin 496's
I hear a certain BMW finace guy is having a big year:D :D
WW
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/135roundel.gif
your a SICK MAN Willie, can you imagine a F29 in the shallows of YUMA, Az:rolleyes: come on now, that not even thinkable. pretty funny though.:D

Reaper1
01-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Charley
I almost forgot about that... thanks WW.... I just called Carlos and with BONE STOCK 496HO the F-29 Ran 108 Mph.... bring it on Haters we can take it!:D :D :D
Did it have milk crates for seats, 1/8 tank of gas, a 90lb anorexic chick at the wheel?:D Isn't that how the Delaminator hit the century mark with stock HO's. Remember Charley, I owe you one for the small nut comment.:p

Charley
01-14-2004, 07:20 AM
LOL..... you opened yourself up on that 1 hehehehe... If It's ant consolation people I hear that Reap's Nut's are bigger than the average Bears':D

Reaper1
01-14-2004, 07:27 AM
Ha ha ha - A Bear, I don't know. Maybe a squirrel on a warm summer day. :D

Charley
01-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Reaper1
Did it have milk crates for seats, 1/8 tank of gas, a 90lb anorexic chick at the wheel?:D Isn't that how the Delaminator hit the century mark with stock HO's. Remember Charley, I owe you one for the small nut comment.:p
Real Numbers
1.36 gears
rpm 4850
bravo 1 prop totally stock no lab finish
108 to 109 on 4 diff runs
two guys
1/2 to 3/4 tanks
loaded boat big stereo love seats
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38496HO29-2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38496HO29-1.jpg

roln 20s
01-16-2004, 08:07 AM
The GPS doesn't lie. That is a beautiful boat- love the graphics. Very classy, yet catchy! Whats the price tag (without going through Charley as your salesman-hehe :D)?
Roln 20s

Reaper1
01-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Great looking boat! From all these GPS numbers that we hear on these F29's. I think Dave has created a very fast botton, really efficient.
Charley - What props did they have on this thing for testing? I'm guessing 36.

mbrown2
01-16-2004, 10:28 AM
Dam, those numbers sound really good....I would think for the person that wants a problem free setup, that would be the ticket...
My self, I would want trouble free, but more ponies...maybe twin 525's or twin 450HP S/C 4 Stroke Merc Blenda's if they even make them...:D

Screaming Pete
01-16-2004, 10:59 AM
Dave's taking another 29 out today with 1000hp per side...I wonder what numbers will see on that one maybe 155mph:D

Tom Slick
01-16-2004, 11:03 AM
That boat is beautiful. Very nice graphics. CLEAN MAN.
Hey Charlie, that is a very respectible number, but look at the time it took to get there on the GPS, 11 minutes 43 seconds. I would run out of lake.:D
Just kidding, I know what that time really means.

BADBLOWN572
01-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Was that boat on boxes or were the gimbals bolted directly to the transom? And those #'s were with bone stock 496mags?

Screaming Pete
01-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
Was that boat on boxes or were the gimbals bolted directly to the transom? And those #'s were with bone stock 496mags?
stock 496's with imco stand off boxes

BADBLOWN572
01-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Impressive! Very efficient hull and from what I hear one of the best handling huls out. I would love to see the #'s of one with a pair of 1k h.p. motors and #6's for comparison to others like Skater, MTI, and Spectre.
Another question, are all 29's vaccum bagged?

Reaper1
01-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Blown, the F29 Havasu Hangin posted a while back has # 6's with 900 mercs. It's an all white open bow called "No Pass"
155mph - Sweet Ride!:cool:

Havasu Hangin'
01-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Reaper1
Blown, the F29 Havasu Hangin posted a while back has # 6's with 900 mercs. It's an all white open bow called "No Pass"
155mph - Sweet Ride!:cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/74The_boat_at_the_pump.jpg

WetWillie
01-16-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/74The_boat_at_the_pump.jpg
HH,
Has he had any drive problems? Whats a number 6 rated to?
WW

HP350SC
01-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Those are great numbers with the 575's. However, go to NWoffshore, general discussion and check out the 36 Spectre running 131.8 with stock 575's! In my book a 502 with a 250 weiand is pretty tame....I agree with the analogy to call them "stock".

Havasu Hangin'
01-17-2004, 06:21 AM
Has he had any drive problems? Whats a number 6 rated to?
I don't think he's had any drive problems. I've heard of guys putting 1,500HP in front of them...so I'm not sure what they're rated to.

WetWillie
01-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
I don't think he's had any drive problems. I've heard of guys putting 1,500HP in front of them...so I'm not sure what they're rated to.
Ok so explain to me why Gra$$Pay$ doesnt just go to a number 6 instead of replace several IMCO's and almost sink his boat? I realize there big bucks but so are a couple of 4x4's
Sorry I realize Im off subject just wondering why he doesnt just step up?
WW :wink:

Havasu Hangin'
01-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Ok so explain to me why Gra$$Pay$ doesnt just go to a number 6 instead of replace several IMCO's and almost sink his boat?
Well...there you go making sense again.
Actually...#6's require more parasitic HP, so they'll slow you down a little. Also, they're quite a bit heavier than a Bravo, and have a tranny (so you may have to move the engine a little). I think the hole pattern is different, too.
Add that to the fact that he is a cheap bastard...and you have your answer.
I gave NO PASS a hard time when he considering 575 SC's/XRs in his 29...I'll see if I can get GRASS PAY$ to break open the piggy bank for a #6 (neither one of those guys really listen to me though).
The #6's shift very smoooooth compared to the Bravos....

WetWillie
01-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Add that to the fact that he is a cheap bastard...and you have your answer.
Thats all you had to say!!
WW;)

BADBLOWN572
01-18-2004, 09:50 PM
For a new #6 drysump drive with gimbal you are looking at around 30k without tranny or prop. The #6 is one of the best drives out and can take a lot of H.P. I know people with over 1500 h.p. and yet to have a problem. They are also running crash boxes because the drive will hold but the tranny won't. The problems with the 6 are that they are expensive, extremely heavy, require the motor to be moved forward for the tranny, props are around 3k and they are a surface drive which means that they have to be mounted extremely high. This eliminates a lot of manufacturers from putting them on smaller boats because the X dimension can not be placed high enough without going into the deck.
There are also two models of #6 drives. The wet and dry sump. The wet eats about 100-120h.p. from the flywheel to the prop. The dry eats about 35-40. You can find wet sump drives for sale for about 15k each but you are still looking at the lost horse power.
From what I understand, the 6 has two vertical shafts and they have a 2" prop shaft. There are no internal shifting mechanisms and all of the gears and shafts are hardened to prevent failure. They are a lot of cash initially, but blow up a couple of drives and you have paid for your 6.

WetWillie
01-18-2004, 09:55 PM
You reading this??

Three Days Only
01-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Tom Slick
That boat is beautiful. Very nice graphics. CLEAN MAN.
Hey Charlie, that is a very respectible number, but look at the time it took to get there on the GPS, 11 minutes 43 seconds. I would run out of lake.:D
Just kidding, I know what that time really means.
Tom Slick, Thats 11 hours & 43 minutes of trip time. The GPS had been running 11 hours and 43 minutes since installed to a battarey with the power on. The damn boat could of been sitting at DCB for 9 hours of that trip time just winding up the rubber bands to make it go that fast. Come on, man!!!!

Tom Slick
01-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, whatever.
:yuk:

Three Days Only
01-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Sorry, I never relized you were just kidding!!!!!! I will still love you slick, but maybe just for Three Days.
3DO

Blown Lavey
02-27-2004, 01:28 PM
Thought I would bring this back up. Any new numbers or impressions from the f-29 owners out there?
Charlie, when coming on to plane does your boat cavitate much? I saw that they installed a single tab. Does it need it?
Also whats base price on the f-29, standard features?

Charley
02-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Blown Lavey
Thought I would bring this back up. Any new numbers or impressions from the f-29 owners out there?
Charlie, when coming on to plane does your boat cavitate much? I saw that they installed a single tab. Does it need it?
Also whats base price on the f-29, standard features?
You may be referring to one of the magazines that mis-stated that I had a tab on my boat... I had originally ordered one from Dave but it was never installed. The boat Does not have nor does it need a tab. The boat is Rock Steady with No porpoise in flat or rough water from plane on up the ladder. It is an efficient Hull and turns well at all speeds. I would suggest twin 525's over the single 1000. Dropping the 525 package in the ocean without fear of saltwater seeing the internals of the motors is worth every penny. Twin 300 x's I'm told will net you 100mph+, I am guessing 525's will net you 120 with the speedmaster lowers on the XR.
Good Luck:D :) ;)

nybadboy
02-28-2004, 12:06 PM
whats the price range on that f29 with twin 525s and the xr drive

Bling Bling
03-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by TOBTEK
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135F291-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135F292-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135F294-med.jpg
"big #'s" also with the smaller twin Mercury 525's 115 only, this must hurt.

roln 20s
03-04-2004, 03:24 PM
115 only, this must hurt.
Whats 115? I see a 130mph for the 575's. Are you estimating that the 525s will do 115?
Just curious...
Roln 20s

BoatFloating
03-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s
Whats 115? I see a 130mph for the 575's. Are you estimating that the 525s will do 115?
Just curious...
Roln 20s
Roln, it's a inside joke to slam 3DO and his new motors

mbrown2
03-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Bling Bling
115 only, this must hurt.
LMAO :D

Bling Bling
03-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s
Just curious...
Roln 20s Roln20s, I should of explained myself better.Im trying to get 3DO to ring his new motors out. He's a bit scared, and pointing out the very impresive # the 29 DCB ran, and the fact that he's only hit 115mph so far, thats where the 115 only came from, this should light a fire under his ass.

Jrocket
03-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by nybadboy
whats the price range on that f29 with twin 525s and the xr drive
I would like to know this one myself.Lets take some guesses here.I'm gonna call Dave and see.

TOBTEK
03-05-2004, 07:48 PM
I would like to know this one myself.Lets take some guesses here.I'm gonna call Dave and see.
im guessing 220K :confused: ....or 200K more than our budget for a new 26;)

Jrocket
03-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Try answering some of those calls you had on hold today.:rolleyes: I was ready to buy a new M5,but the moment has passed!:D

TOBTEK
03-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Try answering some of those calls you had on hold today.:rolleyes: I was ready to buy a new M5,but the moment has passed!:D
OH.......IM SOOORY. CHECK THE TIME OF THIS POST..........IM STILL AT WORK. GOT HERE AT 7:30am this morning.....I need a cushy job with Ziggy:D or Charlie.......:D
So, whats up...you need the 04 545 with SMG I just got back with 800 miles on it? its soooooo sick! you need it !!!!!:D

Three Days Only
03-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Ding Ding,
Do us all a favor and close your mouth, please, we dont like the smell of penis breath.
115Only

Boatjob26
03-06-2004, 12:40 AM
Cash only please"DCB." Too much financing for me...whats's going on here, no ownder sooooo many peeps have DCBS!