PDA

View Full Version : Wanted

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Jason Hoover ( the legendary voice from River Rats Vol. 1) has sold his blown Daytona jet and is now seeking a Flat. Preferrably running.
He wants a Runnerbottom that compares to Smalls or M&D's Lookielu boat.
This boat needs to be heavy enough to play safely at the river but light enough to hopefully run in the 8's without a blower.
If you have or know of a boat like this, or if your a hot chick lookin for a good time please call. (909) 841-2162 So. Cal area
Thanks in advance
:cool: :cool: :cool: :D

WILDERTHANU
12-03-2003, 03:29 PM
HOW MUCH YOU LOOKING TO SPEND.....I HAVE ONE IN MY GARAGE FOR THE RIGHT PRICE.

78Eliminator
12-03-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by WILDERTHANU
How much is he looking to spend.....
Dude, you forgot to hit the "Caps Lock" button before your post :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-03-2003, 06:38 PM
HOW MUCH YOU LOOKING TO SPEND.....I HAVE ONE IN MY GARAGE FOR THE RIGHT PRICE.
Hey, if you want to sell it give him a call. Don't expect to get anything but fair market value.
Jason has a lot of knowledgeable buddies.:wink:

BILLY.B
12-03-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO
Jason Hoover ( the legendary voice from River Rats Vol. 1) has sold his blown Daytona jet and is now seeking a Flat. I seriously doubt that the $1500.00 that he got for the blown Daytona jet will go very far in the FLATTY WORLD :eek!: , but i'll keep my ears open. :D

superdave013
12-03-2003, 06:51 PM
Hey, if you want to sell it give him a call. Don't expect to get anything but fair market value.
Jason has a lot of knowledgeable buddies.:wink:
Just what is the fair market value of an 8 sec flat?
The way I see it is an 8 second boat is about 2 seconds better then the average deal. Just wondering what you think the 2 seconds is worth is all.

Fiat48
12-03-2003, 07:10 PM
Fair Market Value = What a willing buyer will pay.
The car salesman say "There's an ass for every seat."
And then PT Herman said...you know.

Hud
12-03-2003, 07:22 PM
I know where a Cole TR2 less motor is.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119119LWF0006gh-12med_copy.JPG

dossangers
12-03-2003, 07:28 PM
I heard Jim Anderson was selling his 150mph flat???????:D :D :D

BILLY.B
12-03-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by dossangers
I heard Jim Anderson was selling his 150mph flat???????:D :D :D I heard he sucked up a hunk of shit and burned the motor up. I'm sure he'd sell the boat minus motor, but i'm sure it would be a pretty penny just by looking at the paint job :cool:

Hud
12-03-2003, 07:42 PM
You mean it sucked up some bull shit ?:rolleyes: :D

dossangers
12-03-2003, 07:44 PM
I feeling hungry for some mexican food!!!:cool: :eek!:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-03-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
Just what is the fair market value of an 8 sec flat?
The way I see it is an 8 second boat is about 2 seconds better then the average deal. Just wondering what you think the 2 seconds is worth is all.
Come on Dave,
Fair market value, 8 sec. or not, depends on the condition of the whole package.
I don't think the answer to your second question is that "cut and dry".
2 seconds increase with a good starting point (good motor parts with big power potential) may not be that expensive, but having little or nothing to begin with...it could get pricey.
It all depends on the package chief.

wsuwrhr
12-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
I heard he sucked up a hunk of shit and burned the motor up. I'm sure he'd sell the boat minus motor, but i'm sure it would be a pretty penny just by looking at the paint job :cool:
Is that a certain outboard motor I heard about that is full of sand?
Bling Bling, rolly polly, Billy B, Mr Anderson. All the same.
Brian

smalls
12-03-2003, 08:42 PM
I have one for sale for the right price also???????/

ssmike
12-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by smalls
I have one for sale for the right price also???????/
Dang. Me too:confused: Oh wait, I already sold it...
I have another one for sale though....Needs a bit of TLC.

WILDERTHANU
12-03-2003, 08:59 PM
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE A PURCHASE COULD BE EASY....I THINK ITS A "DEAL" THIS BOYS LOOKING FOR!!!:D

smalls
12-03-2003, 09:00 PM
WILDER, You gonna make CFW????

WILDERTHANU
12-03-2003, 09:13 PM
I REALLY WANT TO J...ITS ON MY TOP 5 THINGS TO DO FOR NEW YEARS. VEGAS OR GLAMIS MIGHT BEAT IT OUT. I'M LOOKING FOR THE BIGGEST PARTY SIR.....:cool: AS MY BOATS NOT RUNNING ANYWAYS!!

smalls
12-03-2003, 09:17 PM
I REALLY WANT TO J...ITS ON MY TOP 5 THINGS TO DO FOR NEW YEARS. VEGAS OR GLAMIS MIGHT BEAT IT OUT. I'M LOOKING FOR THE BIGGEST PARTY SIR.....:cool: AS MY BOATS NOT RUNNING ANYWAYS!!
SEE YA AT NEEDLES,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

WILDERTHANU
12-03-2003, 09:40 PM
LOL..YOU GOT IT

superdave013
12-04-2003, 08:22 AM
Come on Dave,
Fair market value, 8 sec. or not, depends on the condition of the whole package.
I don't think the answer to your second question is that "cut and dry".
2 seconds increase with a good starting point (good motor parts with big power potential) may not be that expensive, but having little or nothing to begin with...it could get pricey.
It all depends on the package chief.
Ok, I'll buy that response.
But you did name two boats. So I would think he's wantiing a boat as nice as the M&D deal.
Now that boat is way nicer then the ave. deal if you ask me.
And the zz boat might not have as nice of a paint job but it's still a very nice and clean rig. Both have pretty high dollar stroker engines and both run above ave.
What would you think the fair market value of those two are?
I'm asking because form what I see people asking for their boats makes me think one of two things:
#1 I sold mine to cheep
#2 They are asking to much
That cole above looks to be a pretty nice rig and if the price is right on that one then I might have let mine go for less then I should have. Mine was ****ing very nice with a killer Vale paint job. But it was a hondo and if a cole is worth more then I still let it go to cheep. lol Sold it for 4,500 less engine.
And now the 10 million doller question.
You have a nice flat. Not stunning and not super hella fast. But it's a nice usable flat and looks to be a great usable/turn key boat. What do you think the fair market value of your rig is??
BTW, when mine gets done I'm thinking it will be worth less then half of what's invested. Always seems to be the case.

smalls
12-04-2003, 08:34 AM
#3 you Made out getin that much for it,,,,,,LOL
Seriously, Generaly A nice lets say Lake/River boat being a T-deck runner bottom with nice hardware. 10K to 14K with motor and 6K to 8K less motor,,,,,
Just my.02
Dave you gave her away,,,,,,,,,

superdave013
12-04-2003, 09:08 AM
Dave you gave her away,,,,,,,,,
I know :frown:
To bad I don't have a little more space. I'ed buy that cole in the above pic.

Sangster
12-04-2003, 09:12 AM
SD013...Thats Gary's boat (CFW/ owner) Come on up NYD and you can tow it Home...Or you can keep it at my place...:D :D :D

WILDERTHANU
12-04-2003, 09:19 AM
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH SMALLZ.....THERE IS ALWAY THE EXCEPTION'S. PAINT,MOTOR,RIGGING, "PROVEN RACE BOAT"....ECT. THESE THINGS CAN ALL DRIVE THE PRICE UP.

dossangers
12-04-2003, 09:22 AM
The first deals always the best its easy to second guess. Its easy to find people with 5to7k cash than 10 to 15k cash used boats aint worth what we put in them! but what else would we do with our MONEY$$$ so we can BULLSHIT on these boards!!!!:D :eek: :D :eek: P.S. i hear circle boats are worth the MOST!!! the B kind

Brodie
12-04-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by dossangers
P.S. i hear circle boats are worth the MOST!!! the B kind
dang. I herd Sangers worth the mostest.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-04-2003, 09:50 AM
For the most part I agree with smallz and VANWILDER.
Hoover was at Irvine and he said the zz boat was exactly what he's looking for.
Your old boat- I think you should've done better than $4500 with a killer paint job. Sorry to hear that one.
I paid 3900 for my old war wagon running. I've had to freshen up the motor, fix the broken trailer, I tunnelrammed it, went through the v-drive (it still needs a whirlaway:eek: ), re-did the seats and re-anoed almost everything. I've probably added another 3900 to it.
A friend of mine offered me 7500 right after I gave him a ride last summer. If I was trying to sell it I would have jumped on that deal. :D

Jetboatguru
12-04-2003, 09:53 AM
Superdave,
you did alright for your boat. $4500 may have been a little low but it never set the world on fire when you raced it. It looked great with the paint job. The market has changed now where there are not many "good boats" out there for sale so people can get more money for them.
A proven boat is worth almost double the money of an unproven boat. Everybody wants to be on top out at the lake with their buddies so they will spend the extra coin if they know they are getting a boat that works in the race arena.
The Canyon that Sangerboy got was the deal of the century. Also the boat that Preacher got was a steal for what he paid.
As far as the Cole for sale, do yo know anything about the boat?
I think you should do some homework on it before you are quick to jump on it. A good race boat minus motor is worth up to 12k. An unproven boat minus motor might be worth $4000-$7000
The deals are harder and harder to find.

superdave013
12-04-2003, 10:26 AM
Tony, I hear ya. I think mine ran pretty good for the budget I was on. And the fact that I know now that I didn't have as good of a set up as it could have had.
I don't know squat about that cole. But if and when I'm in the market for another flat I'll be sure to do my homework before I fork out the coin.

smalls
12-04-2003, 10:35 AM
Tony, I hear ya. I think mine ran pretty good for the budget I was on. And the fact that I know now that I didn't have as good of a set up as it could have had.
I don't know squat about that cole. But if and when I'm in the market for another flat I'll be sure to do my homework before I fork out the coin.
What was your best ET/MPH??????

BigBoyToys
12-04-2003, 10:37 AM
JBG and SD, that Cole that Hud posted for sale is Gary's (CFW Manager/Owner). It's a very nice boat and although I've only seen Gary run it 1 time, I have seen Hud run it on numerous occasions:eek: :) . Hud could probably give ya alot more info on it.

superdave013
12-04-2003, 11:26 AM
What was your best ET/MPH??????
It ran an 8.00 once. Must have been a bird fly through the lights :rolleyes:
But at the end I was running in the 8.22 range @ 128 mph just about every pass.
I had it over geared. I had a 37 in the box and I bet if I would have ran a 25 it would have been much quicker. Oh well, live and learn.
I also had a crap prop. Keep in mind that back then I was only makeing 30 -35K a year. I was on a tight budget and am pretty stoked to this day that I was even able to show up and run at all.
Now I see a ski flat running in the 7.50's. I'll never be able to affored to compete with that.

superdave013
12-04-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by BigBoyToys
JBG and SD, that Cole that Hud posted for sale is Gary's (CFW Manager/Owner). It's a very nice boat and although I've only seen Gary run it 1 time, I have seen Hud run it on numerous occasions:eek: :) . Hud could probably give ya alot more info on it.
Does it have a bunch of stress cracks in it? Ever have any repairs done to the bottom?
You should read the flood of pm's I've gotten in the last few hours about that boat.
I guess what's nice to one guy is a POS to the next. The only way to really know is to stand there in person and check it out.

BigBoyToys
12-04-2003, 12:12 PM
Does it have a bunch of stress cracks in it? Ever have any repairs done to the bottom?
You should read the flood of pm's I've gotten in the last few hours about that boat.
I guess what's nice to one guy is a POS to the next. The only way to really know is to stand there in person and check it out.
I don't know much about the boat. You'd want to talk to Hud about that or call Gary. Or Better yet, make the 7 hour trip (Anaheim to CFW) and come on out to CFW on New Years Day:D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-04-2003, 12:17 PM
Just in from Hoover... thanks everyone (especially JBG) for the quick response and help sent his way.
He's received lots of calls so far.:cool: :cool: :cool:

smalls
12-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Just in from Hoover... thanks everyone (especially JBG) for the quick response and help sent his way.
He's received lots of calls so far.:cool: :cool: :cool:
I got my eye on another little gem:confused: what do you offer on the ZZ?????????

BigBoyToys
12-04-2003, 12:26 PM
This boat is for sale
http://www.pritek.net/bboat/bezf23.jpg
But I don't think that you're gonna see it doing anywhere near 8 sec. At least not with the motor that's in it:)

superdave013
12-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by BigBoyToys
This boat is for sale
http://www.pritek.net/bboat/bezf23.jpg
But I don't think that you're gonna see it doing anywhere near 8 sec. At least not with the motor that's in it:)
Lets see more of that gem that's off to the left.
What are ya asking for the roundy round?

BigBoyToys
12-04-2003, 12:38 PM
The one to the left is a Biesemeyer Daycruiser and it is currently "Under Construction":rolleyes: :D
I want $12k for the Biesemeyer Flat complete with new motor (full roller 468 bbc), new whirlaway, and lots more new parts. I didn't really want to sell it but found out some info today that now makes me serious about selling it:(

Hud
12-04-2003, 02:04 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119119LWF0006gh-12med_copy.JPG Thats Gary's boat at CFW. He runs CFW. I drove the boat up to 110 on the gps. The boat handles good. The boat used to run P/E with a blower motor. As far as looks it's ok. The pink paint is faded & the floor needs to be reflowed. As far as Southern Ca. standards, a little below average! I would toss 5000 @ him, if I was willing to do the work to clean it up!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-04-2003, 03:24 PM
I got my eye on another little gem:confused: what do you offer on the ZZ?????????
Hoover should be calling you soon if he hasn't allready.:cool:

wsuwrhr
12-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Jetboatguru
Superdave,
but it never set the world on fire when you raced it.
Harsh Guru,
ease up a little next time or send along some vaseline next time.
Haha
Brian

Jetboatguru
12-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Brian,
I guess that did sound harsh but it was not intended that way. I apologize Super D.

Laroy R Mentor
12-04-2003, 04:18 PM
Brian,
I guess that did sound harsh but it was not intended that way. I apologize Super D.
Where do you think you can get off bashing other peolpes stuff. Not all the stuff you drive runs hard. Be considerate jerk.

Jetboatguru
12-04-2003, 04:51 PM
Sorry flyte risk and monkeybung I will be more considerate next time. Dave, get that boat of yours going.

Sangster
12-04-2003, 04:52 PM
Yeeeeeee-Hawwwwwwwwww

Kindsvater Flat
12-04-2003, 04:56 PM
I paid 6k for mine. Never was anything more than a ski boat. It originally started at 10k and after waiting awhile it came down. Its solid and heavy and about ready for a paint job in the next couple of years. Chips here and there plus a beer can ring on the passenger side.

uclahater
12-04-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
Harsh Guru,
ease up a little next time or send along some vaseline next time.
Haha
Brian
Brian, Do you know when my prop wash plates going to be done? Nedd it ASAP so the bottom can get Speed coated:cool:
Jim

superdave013
12-04-2003, 05:35 PM
Guys, I know what he ment. And he's right to a point.
I started out with a 10.98 @ 103mph and had to work my ass off to get it in the low 8's.
But I was running blown gas flat so even a low 8 was way off. And it was off by about one full second. My little 461" deal couldn't keep up.
I never ran it though with the 600hp nitrous deal it had. I have often wondered what it would have ran on the bottle.
But you know, I think when you start going quicker then low 8's you better have your shit together or your gonna go swimming.
I never flipped a flat so I guess looking at it that way I won.

Laroy R Mentor
12-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Sorry flyte risk and monkeybung I will be more considerate next time. Dave, get that boat of yours going.
execuse me mr bbt, woops i mean Rusty, no 1 gurupie, larry nebb or whoever the hell you claim to be. Sorry no flyte risk or monkeys ass here. I don't need to hide behind no alias like all ya weenies.

WILDERTHANU
12-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Guys, I know what he ment. And he's right to a point.
I started out with a 10.98 @ 103mph and had to work my ass off to get it in the low 8's.
But I was running blown gas flat so even a low 8 was way off. And it was off by about one full second. My little 461" deal couldn't keep up.
I never ran it though with the 600hp nitrous deal it had. I have often wondered what it would have ran on the bottle.
But you know, I think when you start going quicker then low 8's you better have your shit together or your gonna go swimming.
I never flipped a flat so I guess looking at it that way I won.
DAVE THATS THE SHIT.....I WISH SOMEDAY TO BE ABLE TO SAY I HAVE RACED A FLAT AT 8 SEC AND OVER 125MPH. ITS JUST AT 22 I HAVE SO MANY MORE IMPORTANT THINGS RIGHT NOW LIKE GETTING MY HOUSE. ANYWAYS COULD YOU POST SOME PICS OF THAT HONDO MAKING A PASS????

wsuwrhr
12-04-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by uclahater
Brian, Do you know when my prop wash plates going to be done? Nedd it ASAP so the bottom can get Speed coated:cool:
Jim
Hi Jim,
So you are the owner? Cool boat, going to be fast. I didn't know whose it was.
Initially we had some issues with the material, but we have since handled that situation and we are going down the road. I will be done with it this weekend and back at Bling Bling's shop for fitment.
Brian

BILLY.B
12-04-2003, 08:07 PM
Watch it with the BLING BLING stuff DODGE LOSER, I mean lover!!:D

ssmike
12-04-2003, 08:11 PM
Hey earl Sheib - I thought you didn't post @ night:confused:

wsuwrhr
12-04-2003, 08:29 PM
Watch it with the BLING BLING stuff DODGE LOSER, I mean lover!!:D
Touchy touchy, I dont know if you are serious or not rolly.
Brian

smalls
12-04-2003, 08:34 PM
Hows the poker tonight SN

ssmike
12-04-2003, 08:55 PM
Hows the poker tonight SN

BILLY.B
12-04-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by ssmike
Hey earl Sheib - I thought you didn't post @ night:confused: Wife is out Christmas shopping (540 FUEL MOTOR for the BEZER) so I have nothing better to do then to see what SKI NATIQUE MIKE / Larry Neeb/ Jim Anderson/ BrianWHSUWERNTSOSHORT are doing to night:D

FLYTE RISK
12-04-2003, 09:18 PM
Sorry flyte risk and monkeybung I will be more considerate next time. Dave, get that boat of yours going. Way of my friend try again!:confused:

uclahater
12-04-2003, 09:28 PM
Hi Jim,
So you are the owner? Cool boat, going to be fast. I didn't know whose it was.
Initially we had some issues with the material, but we have since handled that situation and we are going down the road. I will be done with it this weekend and back at Bling Bling's shop for fitment.
Brian
Thanks a million for your help, let me know when your going to be there and I'll try and meet you there. I've got a bunch of other stuff that I need you to look at.:cool:

wsuwrhr
12-04-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by uclahater
Thanks a million for your help, let me know when your going to be there and I'll try and meet you there. I've got a bunch of other stuff that I need you to look at.:cool:
sounds good, I am usually there after 3/330 or so. I cant wait for bling bling to give me shit about something.
A bunch of stuff to look at? Music to my ears.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-04-2003, 09:48 PM
BrianWHSUWERNTSOSHORT
Damn,
tough crowd tonight...
Brian

Sangerboy
12-05-2003, 06:32 AM
You guys makin me laugh:D

Sangerboy
12-05-2003, 06:39 AM
The Canyon that Sangerboy got was the deal of the century.
Sangerboy is pretty happy with that purchase :D BTW guru thanks for releasing the tranny ;) , it and the interim engine should be in the boat this weekend:cool:

superdave013
12-05-2003, 10:38 AM
BrianWHSUWERNTSOSHORT are doing to night:D
sorry Brian but that's funny. :D

Sangerboy
12-05-2003, 05:21 PM
(540 FUEL MOTOR for the BEZER)
150 not fast enough for ya Billy?:eek:

wsuwrhr
12-05-2003, 08:04 PM
sorry Brian but that's funny. :D
I was laughing, pretty original though, I got to hand it to bling bling.
Brian

BILLY.B
12-08-2003, 07:11 AM
sorry Brian but that's funny. :D You know SD it was a toss up between the one I posted and one that I thought would be to race'y for this thread... Oh what the hell here it is anyway....WSIWSNTHUNGLKANAT.

wsuwrhr
12-09-2003, 07:47 PM
You know SD it was a toss up between the one I posted and one that I thought would be to race'y for this thread... Oh what the hell here it is anyway....WSIWSNTHUNGLKANAT.
I can always appreciate a good joke, even if it involves me. Keep them coming.
BUUUTTT....Bling Bling, if you ever saw me naked, you would never feel like a man again.....:)
Brian

BILLY.B
12-09-2003, 08:40 PM
I can always appreciate a good joke, even if it involves me. Keep them coming.
BUUUTTT....Bling Bling, if you ever saw me naked, you would never feel like a man again.....:)
Brian Your right NATMAN. I'd feel like a STALLION!!!

wsuwrhr
12-09-2003, 09:23 PM
Alright I give up...
Blast plate is ready.
I'll met you at the shop in an hour.
Brian

BILLY.B
12-09-2003, 09:32 PM
I'll see you tomorrow afternoon i'm putting the stallion to bed.:D

wsuwrhr
12-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Just kidding, I was hoping you were on your way to the shop.
Brian
Talk about hijacking a thread....

smalls
12-09-2003, 09:41 PM
I'll see you tomorrow afternoon i'm putting the stallion to bed.:D
Done rubbing down the stallion already?????

wsuwrhr
12-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Why can't I think of the cool comebacks....
Brian

ACCEPTENCE
12-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Done rubbing down the stallion already?????
Yeah Smalls he's done rubbing down the ol stallion.
Ya gotta realize it's a pretty small stallion, they don't grow them to big around there!!!!:p

Sangerboy
12-10-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by ACCEPTENCE
Yeah Smalls he's done rubbing down the ol stallion.
Whoa there fella's, talk about beatin a dead horse........ or maybe Billy should just have a new nickname ....... uhhhhh ......... "Mr Ed" ;) yeah that's it ................Wiiiiiiiiilburrrrrrr

smalls
12-10-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Sangerboy
Whoa there fella's, talk about beatin a dead horse........ or maybe Billy should just have a new nickname ....... uhhhhh ......... "Mr Ed" ;) yeah that's it ................Wiiiiiiiiilburrrrrrr
LOL, popppopopony boy???????

Sangerboy
12-11-2003, 06:03 AM
LOL, popppopopony boy???????
Let's just hope for his sake it's not ggggegegegelded popppopopony boy:eek:

smalls
12-11-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Sangerboy
Let's just hope for his sake it's not ggggegegegelded popppopopony boy:eek:
L L LL LL LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

knuttin huney
12-11-2003, 08:37 AM
You fellows all gay as peacocks, rubbing each others baby stallions. Geeze Louise I say..... :eek:
Do any of you fellows know what happened to Jim Anderson? I have not seen him posting lately. I was just wondering if he finished his boat and got it running and how fast it ended up running. I had some parts he was interested in but he never emailed back. :confused:

Sherpa
12-15-2003, 04:36 PM
whats a "blast-plate"-?
maybe a plate bolted to the bottom-side of the hull above the
prop area-? that's the only thing I can imagine it to be....
--Sherpa
for reals question here guys, no horsey-jokes.

Rexone
12-15-2003, 05:22 PM
You are correct Sherpa. Many hulls actually have a recess in them in that area to accomodate a blast plate.