PDA

View Full Version : Jet Boat in HotRod mag

Jet Hydro
12-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Check it out http://www.hotrod.com/thehistoryof/113_0401_boat/index.htmlhttp://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

screamdreambrad
12-03-2003, 11:22 PM
that is my jet boat on page 4. if anyone's interested. brad

quiet riot
12-04-2003, 04:12 AM
Pretty cool stuff. I saw some coverage on their tv show they had for boats also.
jd

Sleek-Jet
12-04-2003, 05:56 AM
After following Freiburger from one magazine to the next (starting with 4WOR almost ten years ago), I would say he would be a jet guy.

Johnwithjm
12-04-2003, 10:31 AM
The black and orange Daytona on the first page is a buddy of mines boat it is very clean and runs in the low 8`s

Bense468
12-04-2003, 10:33 AM
Thats cool brad. I am suprised you let those car guys take your boat down.
They screwed up a few things in the artical though. I like the part where they say they are going to list the different types of boats from slowest to fastest and screwed that all up. Wrong descriptions in the wrong places and wrong pictures next to the descriptions.
I thought it was funny how he said driving a 10 second boat is easy compared to a car. But hey at least they gave the boat racers some credit. That is cool.

Jet Hydro
12-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Bense468
They screwed up a few things in the artical though. I like the part where they say they are going to list the different types of boats from slowest to fastest and screwed that all up. Wrong descriptions in the wrong places and wrong pictures next to the descriptions.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw it...lol
That`s a cool Flat bottom - V bottom - V-drive isn't it....lol
:D

screamdreambrad
12-04-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Johnwithjm
The black and orange Daytona on the first page is a buddy of mines boat it is very clean and runs in the low 8`s mikes boat is the coolest, i only wish mine was so awsome. what about yours john? when we gonna see the pontiac eh? brad

screamdreambrad
12-04-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Bense468
Thats cool brad. I am suprised you let those car guys take your boat down.
I thought it was funny how he said driving a 10 second boat is easy compared to a car. But hey at least they gave the boat racers some credit. That is cool. thanks bense, i was all good with it til the day it was going to happen, then i started crapping my fire suit! this also was after we re-did the bottom, so i wasn't sure how the thing was going to handle. it took about 6 months to get that whole thing worked out. but for me it was definately worth it. brad

Johnwithjm
12-05-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Jet Hydro
I was thinking the same thing when I saw it...lol
That`s a cool Flat bottom - V bottom - V-drive isn't it....lol
:D Hey Brad. I'm going to build my Chevy first then the Pontiac. You have any big changes in store for next year?

screamdreambrad
12-05-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Johnwithjm
Hey Brad. I'm going to build my Chevy first then the Pontiac. You have any big changes in store for next year? first, see ya tomorrow afternoon if your going to be at work. picking up my impellar, tom cut it another 100. going to try and move some weight around. and not race njba only ihba. i'll talk to you about it. brad

LVjetboy
12-06-2003, 04:17 AM
Screamdream, I'm sure ignorant on my part, but what does your jet top out at at the lake? I'm not used to translating 1/4 mile elapse times into lake jet performance.
jer

screamdreambrad
12-06-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by LVjetboy
Screamdream, I'm sure ignorant on my part, but what does your jet top out at at the lake? I'm not used to translating 1/4 mile elapse times into lake jet performance.
jer lv i don't know what it'll do at the lake. we had the thing so de-tuned the last half of the year to stay in the 11 second index. after we lost the championship by qualifying to quick we stepped on it and it turns 6000 ran 10.60s at 100. my boat is 650 plus lbs. and before we put the aggressor mag bronze b it slipped the pump so bad at the rope we only ran 11.30s at 92-94.. if you brought yours to a race you may be diappointed. unless you can flat foot yours from a dead start. that my friend is the key to haulin ass. (also my rpm is not where the motor makes power yet) impellar is cut just haven't put it back together yet. maybe tomorrow. brad