PDA

View Full Version : Loking for Stainless Jacuzzi 12WJ impeller

BrendellaJet
12-04-2003, 10:28 AM
Ive been advised that I may need to upgrade to a stainless impeller. Apparently the Jacuzzi impellers are a little beefier than some of the other brands, so my aluminum one will hold up for a while. Jack mentioned that he has seen the aluminum ones go through hell and not break, but Id like to find a replacement in the event it does give up the ghost. I dont want to pay the price to convert to another brand just yet...

Anthony75
12-04-2003, 07:58 PM
I would like to have a stainless jacuzzi 12wj impeller also, unfortunately I have not been able to find one. Everyone I have talked to has told me I would need to change to a different pump, use the energizer kit or change the shaft, impeller, bowl to a company that makes a stainless impeller.

BrendellaJet
12-04-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Anthony75
I would like to have a stainless jacuzzi 12wj impeller also, unfortunately I have not been able to find one. Everyone I have talked to has told me I would need to change to a different pump, use the energizer kit or change the shaft, impeller, bowl to a company that makes a stainless impeller.
Sounds like you have been mis informed. Jacuzzi made a stainless impeller. And, I know for a fact that Jack can make other brand impellers fit. I know one of the board members has done this mod himself(WSUWRHR)...I was told they were difficult to find...

Mopar426
12-05-2003, 03:28 AM
That was the same problem I had with my old YJ. I know for a fact that the YJ came stock with a stainless impeller. Mine was beyond repair and shimmed to the max!!! The cost of just a new impeller was $1100.00 and the wear ring was $300.00 and misc parts to rebuild another $450.00. Everything that I found used was junk. I bought a used Berkeley JC with a stainless "A" which was blueprinted and rebuilt including the grill frame for $1900.00!!!All I can say is run it till you can spring for an energizer kit or a new pump.

BrendellaJet
12-05-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Mopar426
All I can say is run it till you can spring for an energizer kit or a new pump.
Not really an option-besides, that would probably be a step in the wrong direction with all of the mods done to this pump.