PDA

View Full Version : Car Stereo Question

sorry dog
12-04-2003, 04:24 PM
What's the best 10" dual voice sub in the 100-150 range (will be run at 100x2@4ohm in a sealed box)?
BTW- I'm not looking for loudest- just a tight sound
A while back somebody (maybe HH?) posted a link to a site that sold pyrimid crap but name brand stuff too for good prices.
Also gonna be looking for a double din deck that plays mp3 burned disks. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hustler
12-04-2003, 04:45 PM
I'm sure ROZ will jump in here but as far as subs go the JLAudio 10"W3v2 is a great sub for the money. As for the deck just about everyone makes what your looking for, personnaly I have had great luck with the Alpines.

BoatFloating
12-04-2003, 05:16 PM
JL is the best for the money W1's or W3's are both good choices. I use the Sony MP70 for a MP3 player, what do you need a double din for?

riverbound
12-04-2003, 06:33 PM
Here is our websiteAl & Ed's autosound (http://www.al-eds.com)

beyondhelpin
12-04-2003, 07:25 PM
They dont sell the W1s anymore I dont think. They have been replaced by the W0s. The W3 kick ass though. Roz hooked me up on a set of them and I have a hard time seeing how they can be beat for the money! They thump hard and fast.

ROZ
12-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Why do you need a DVC? Unless you plan to do some funky wiring configuration and multiple speakers, it's really not necessary in the power range your amp is supplying.
Do you plan to run 1 or 2?
I'd throw a couple 10w04's on it and call it a day.... They retail for about 100 bucks and can probably be found elsewhere for a bit less.
If you absolutely need a DVC, do as Hustler and BF said and look at the 10w3(bout 200 retail). I'm sure Rockford has a dvc10 in that price range as well.
You could look into a Brahma 10 , but I think they may be a little more expensive...
Why do you want a double din head unit? If you get one that's detatchable faced, you'll never remove it because the thing is too damn big to fit into your pocket :D
Get a good single din unit and add the dash kit that adds the under stereo pocket. Is this a chrystler, or are you planning to open up a Cheby or Ford opening to accomodate the 2din unit?
What part of Alabam are you in? Dude, we have 3 stores out there :cool:
Burmingham(Village East)
Huntsville
Hoover
Kwicherbichen's online 12volt audio retailer links (http://www.kwicherbichen.com/mb/index.php?act=ST&f=12&t=380&)

j-rod
12-04-2003, 07:53 PM
I just got a Alpine Type R 12" and it HITS cheaper than JL

rivercrazy
12-04-2003, 08:02 PM
These are all good choices. Since your not running that much power, the efficiency of the sub will be key.
You might consider an Infinity Kappa Perfect as well.

ROZ
12-04-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by j-rod
I just a Alpine Type R 12" and it HITS cheaper than JL
Very true. The speaker is way over built at it's price point. The type-S subs also play well...
And so do those Kappas RC ;) :D

j-rod
12-04-2003, 08:27 PM
Hey ROZ what's the diff between type R S and E Alpine Subs just for shits and giggles

Havasu Hangin'
12-04-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by sorry dog
A while back somebody (maybe HH?) posted a link to a site that sold pyrimid crap but name brand stuff too for good prices.
These guys?
http://www.justwoofers.com/
or..
http://www.thezeb.com/

Infomaniac
12-04-2003, 09:17 PM
those VOLFENHAG look pretty cool for 65.00 speakers.
Have Fosgate HE2's in the boat now.

sorry dog
12-04-2003, 09:41 PM
Wow- didn't expect this many replies...
Just one dual voice coil 10 because the box (which I bought today for $9) is going in back of the landcruiser and I want to keep as much space as possible for hauling tools, dogs, props, etc. but if yall think 2 10's would sound alot better then I could do that. Also, I already have a MEI 110x2 amp left over my teenager days but the mono mode is burned out of it. It still runs great in stereo though. (it was my computer sound system for a few years :D)
Double Din because I hate small buttons and doubles tend to have bigger buttons and knobs. About half the decks I saw at Best buy today have buttons designed for 8 year old fingers and motorized doors and such that looks cool but aren't all that practical. Most toyotas are double din too. Currently have a alpine single din cd player that is OK but like most computer geeks, most of my stuff is now on MP3.
Roz- which stores are you affiliated with?
Village East? I'll remember to load up with hollow points first.
HH- thanks for the links I think maybe the justwoofers one was it but the other site definately has the deal on the audiobahns ($60 per).

RiverRatMike
12-04-2003, 11:08 PM
JBL!

ROZ
12-05-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by j-rod
Hey ROZ what's the diff between type R S and E Alpine Subs just for shits and giggles You speaking of cost or design?
The e's are entry level, SVC, and handle 200RMS
The S's are the next model up. The RMS rating is the same, but it has DVC, 8ga push terminals, and is designed to transfer heat a little better.
The R's are their flagship.300RSM 1kpeak. It has a 1" surround for longer excursion, advanced motor structure, and the frame is cast aluminum. It can also play down to 24hz
Have a guy here who has a pair of the stype 12's runnin off their MRDM500. I'm impressed with it's performance.
Sorry Dog, I work for Tweeter Home Entertainment. let me knowif you need thehookup :cool:

sorry dog
12-05-2003, 07:19 PM
From these suggestions I guess I'll try JBL, Alpine, Infinity, or those Audiobahn at the zeb look like a good deal.
Roz- Hoover ain't too far from me so I'll stop by there tommorrow to see what they got (My company built the Krispy Kreme one block away :D). What's "thehookup"? I'll trade you a dozen donuts for it.
Any suggestions on a head unit? (little buttons suck and having a volume knob is a plus).
I gotta be careful or else the stereo bug will hit me like it did in high school. I about ruined a car from all the bolts rattling out. I'm trying to stay mild equipment wise.
Thanks for the suggestions.