PDA

View Full Version : Need to find this boat - Auburn, CA?

Cas
12-04-2003, 08:17 PM
A long time friend and participant of many boards just had his boat sold under him by his almost X. Long story short, he would like to at least have a chance in buying it back.
As far as the boat goes, he's pretty sure it was sold to someone in the Auburn area. Being her name was on the title, it was a legal sale. On the transom the name Lil White Squirt was written in blue along. The valve covers also had printing on them, one had LilWhite Squirt and the other had Captain Coolbreeze.
http://www.laidbackboaters.com/5fb29df0.jpg
The boat is a 1975 Hondo with a 455 Olds.
Don said he would like to at least have a shot at getting it back as he has a lot of attachment to it. If not, he's already working on getting something else.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/2/3663CapC-med.jpg

Cas
12-04-2003, 08:51 PM
Forensic,
No papers filed. The sale was legal only cuz the boat was in her name. Don is on Social Security due to an injury so he was under the assumption he couldn't have too many assets in his name. The boat and a couple of other things were in her name so she sold them off.
Yea, it sucks and it's too bad people have to be mean and spiteful when a relationship ends. To me, it's just move on and get over it.
oh well

zooza
12-05-2003, 07:24 AM
Does he know how much she sold the boat for?
Weve all heard the urban myth about the ex who sold that dudes 'vette for like $25.00 in the trader!
If she pulled that ...blame future events on cato kailin or the blackouts that come with white hot rage! :mad:
Oh, yeah... Good luck findin the boat or an acceptable replacement!:)

Cas
12-05-2003, 08:58 AM
no idea how much it was sold for but he's thinking it was probably pretty cheap just to spite him.....total bs!

zooza
12-05-2003, 09:03 AM
which means he probably will have a hard time prying it away from the new owner ! People are greedy anyway , so the new owner will probably price it very high, But maybe not . Just remember and remind your friend new memories can be made in another boat I had a 69 olds 442 that i let get away now I cant even find the guy who bought it so I bought an olds powered boat instead!good luck to your friend

Cas
12-05-2003, 05:27 PM
zooza,
Yea, I kind of mentioned to him as much as he liked the boat, it might be time to make new memories with a different boat. The old boat has a lot of his time, effort and money but it also has tags attached to it from his x.

dirtman
12-05-2003, 08:04 PM
I agree, some times it's best to move on. Back in my wasted youth I involved myself with a live in girl friend. Having had 2 d.u.i s , I insured and registered my truck in her name (duh). A year later I became fed up with her shit, packed my stuff and left. 200 miles and three days later i was pulled over and poped for auto theft. Many dollars and many hours of community service later it was a memory. Lost my truck but I've got 20 years of bitter resentment to console me!!!

zooza
12-06-2003, 03:33 AM
Man that DOES suck! But time heals all wounds . I bet you dont want her dead near as bad today , as you did then!!!:D