PDA

View Full Version : Conversation with an Iraqi war US veteran

BUSTI
12-05-2003, 12:09 PM
This is a copy of an email I recently recieved from my son as he had sent it to one of his buddies. I also have met this veteran and I am proud that young men like this are defending us.
As I have said before on these boards no other country has ever produced more soldiers that have done more good through out the world than America! Their personal courage and the willingness to die to protect our freedomand the or establish the freedom of othersis what makes the US GI the greatest force of good in the world today.
This guy has served as a sniper in Afgahnistan and in Iraq. He has two Purple Hearts...and he LOVES GEORGE BUSH!!!!!
(the email)
IÂ’ve met a two time purple heart award recipient from Persian Gulf two. Just this last weekend he told me about his surviving a RPG (Rocket Propelled Grenade) attack and an ambush during the war where an Iraqi soldier laid in wait for his unit to get close enough to where he could throw a grenade into the unit. It was a suicide attack because once the soldier tossed the grenade he knew he would be shot by the rest of the unit. Tim, the marine sniper I who was telling me this story, said that the Iraqi was laying on the ground with his Koran and a hand held grenade, praying.
They came up on him when the soldier pulled the pin on his grenade, tossed it and then tried to run away. The grenade landed three meters from Tim and his spotter when it exploded. His spotter was killed. Tim took shrapnel up his leg, in his stomach and in his chest. His flack jacket kept his chest safe but the shrapnel in his leg and stomach was pretty bad, but his buddy took most of the blast and died out there.
The unit quickly killed the Iraqi and then had to fight off the rest of this Iraqi’s unit. Tim told me that his Marine platoon went to Iraq with 27 members and came home with 22—He witnessed five of his fellow Marines die out there. That was Tim’s second grenade injury and his second purple heart. It was one of five deaths of his buddies that he witnessed in this war. That was last spring. His wounds have healed but he has developed an infection that he’s been bothered by due to the Iraqis soaking their grenades in some unknown chemical designed to hopefully infect and kill Americans who do indeed survive the initial grenade blast.
Tim is a true veteran and soldier who has seen the death of his fellow soldiers and who has survived battles where he should died. Tim also is a newlywed—he married his wife the weekend before he went to Iraq last year. He’s seen the face of war and he his wife and whole life ahead of him back here at home. But do you know how Tim feels about his President and this War, having told you everything about his experiences over there? He told me he loves President Bush, that every soldier he knows loves President Bush and that they all know that they have to be there doing what their doing so America can survive the wrath of these terrorists. He’s seen the torture chambers and he said he was sickened by them. He said it was unreal, they looked like dungeons out of a movie. He’s seen the mutilation of the Iraqi’s who survived the torture and rape at the hands of Saddam’s regime.
Tim knows they have to be there and he knows that many of his fellow soldiers will die. He knows that he could be one of those who die. But he still says we have to be there. I quoted my father to Tim where he greed with a “F*&K YEAH!” affirmation. My father’s quote is: “I’d rather have my sons and American soldiers fighting and dying in Iraq then have of my daughters and wife jumping off 100 story buildings attacked by terrorists because they felt jumping was a better option then burning alive.” Tim agreed and understands that better then my father. George Bush understands it because he’s made the choice for Tim, he gave the order choosing Tim and his soldiers over American civilians—at least Tim and our soldiers have a fighting chance.
Bush Quote for Baghdad:
"You are defeating the terrorists here in Iraq," he said, "so we don't have to face them in our own country."
Terrorists are testing America's resolve, Bush said, and "they hope we will run."
"We did not charge hundreds of miles into the heart of Iraq, pay a bitter cost of casualties, defeat a ruthless dictator and liberate 25 million people only to retreat before a band of thugs and assassins," the president said, prompting a standing ovation and cheers.
He also had a message for the people of Iraq: "The regime of Saddam Hussein is gone forever," he said, and pledged the help of the United States and its coalition partners, saying "we will stay until the job is done. I'm confident we will succeed."
Any Libs or doubting Thomas' that hate George Bush and what he is doing. Seek out a veteran from this conflict and ask them what they think. Their stories will change your mind if you are intellectually honest.
Busti....Proud to be American, Proud of George Bush, and eternally proud and greatful for the men and women waging this war against the terrorists that would kill us!

vdrivenman
12-05-2003, 12:46 PM
my department Capt. here where i work is an Army Veteran. having served two tours in nam,survived hamburger hill, panama,and the gulf war. he has also been a police officer for 30 yrs. he has been called up and waived his notice and is prepared to leave any day now.he is a fine man.
he says the US Military is the finest fighting force anywhere in the world. he says they are high motivated and courgeous.he says that they also LOVE their Commander GB !
he is a decorated Brigade Sgt. Major.
I hate to see him go, but he is anxious & ready to serve..
I to am proud of the men & women serving in the US Armed Forces and likewise proud of our President.
i have been a police officer for 33yrs. seen and done alot, but sometimes wish i had served in the Military.

Kilrtoy
12-05-2003, 12:49 PM
Thanks Busti.....

JetBoatRich
12-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Thanks for sharing the letter, remind us how thankful we are.

clean supreme
12-05-2003, 01:31 PM
it`s people like you that keep them going :) as long as they know the people are behind them they can and will meet any challenge. thank you.

Froggystyle
12-05-2003, 03:01 PM
Great post! Good to see the concensus regarding support.

Mullet
12-05-2003, 03:05 PM
I support our troops, but there is something about that letter that for me doesnt settle right.........it feels more like propaganda then a heart felt letter which it should be.
Busti, you have a good son.