PDA

View Full Version : Any Body Heard Of Watercar.com?

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
12-06-2003, 06:14 AM
ON SPEED CHANNEL THE OTHER NIGHT THERE WAS A GREAT SHOW! THIS GUY MODIFIED A 2002 CAMERO TO DO ABOUT 100 MPH ON LAND, AND 40 MPH WITH HIS BERKELEY JET DRIVE ON THE WATER!. REMEMBER THE OLD AMPHI CARS? HE AND HIS SON REBUILT ONE OF THOSE, MADE IT BETTER THAN NEW, AND WHEN IT ONLY WENT 5 MPH THEY DSEIGNED THIS JET POWERED CAMERO!
IT WAS POWERED BY A 330 HP TURBO SUBARU 4 BANGER(REAR MOUNT ENGINE) ON THE BERK!
I THINK MODS LIKE THIS ARE THE BA**S...BILL.

likwidsukr
12-06-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
ON SPEED CHANNEL THE OTHER NIGHT THERE WAS A GREAT SHOW! THIS GUY MODIFIED A 2002 CAMERO TO DO ABOUT 100 MPH ON LAND, AND 40 MPH WITH HIS BERKELEY JET DRIVE ON THE WATER!. REMEMBER THE OLD AMPHI CARS? HE AND HIS SON REBUILT ONE OF THOSE, MADE IT BETTER THAN NEW, AND WHEN IT ONLY WENT 5 MPH THEY DSEIGNED THIS JET POWERED CAMERO!
IT WAS POWERED BY A 330 HP TURBO SUBARU 4 BANGER(REAR MOUNT ENGINE) ON THE BERK!
I THINK MODS LIKE THIS ARE THE BA**S...BILL.
Here ya gohttp://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3484443446_19_full.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3484443446_8_full.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3484443446_14_full.jpg
I think the actual speed is 45 water 120 land, and is the only late model camaro that I will drive!!!!!!!!!!!

Heatseeker
12-06-2003, 10:16 AM
Hot Boat mag featured the watercar a few months back.
If you ask me, some people have too much time and money on their hands...jmho.

likwidsukr
12-06-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Heatseeker
Hot Boat mag featured the watercar a few months back.
If you ask me, some people have too much time and money on their hands...jmho.
I agree John

Moomawnster
12-07-2003, 01:42 AM
I don't think it's real , if so they should use photos that don't look like they've been photochopped :rolleyes:

Duke
12-07-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Moomawnster
I don't think it's real , if so they should use photos that don't look like they've been photochopped :rolleyes:
Can you point out where it looks to be photochpped?:D
it looks pretty real to me, but what the hell do i know:eek:

Moomawnster
12-07-2003, 11:57 AM
This is enough to put doubt on all the rest, but I found dozens of places without even using my graphics program ..... somethings rotten in denmark .
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/139Here.JPG

Ultra21
12-07-2003, 04:48 PM
It is real. I just got back from the John Force car show it it was there.

Moomawnster
12-13-2003, 03:04 PM
Ok so it's real , Why did they chop the pics ?

Sleek-Jet
12-13-2003, 03:55 PM
... and it looks like they had this thing at the channel.
Has anyone seen this thing up close and on the water???
Even the videos on the website look chopped.
And I find 45 mph out of 3000 lb boat with a subaru engine a little hard to believe. I'd like to know what cut of impeller they have.

Moomawnster
12-13-2003, 04:02 PM
Sleek jet ... its good to see not everybody is a sucker , the more I look at the pics the worse they are ! ...... chopping the pics throws doubt on the whole story for me !

Sleek-Jet
12-13-2003, 04:11 PM
I don't doubt the car exists. But I'm willing to bet it's more of a show car, I really doubt that it can do all the things everyone is claiming.
If someone would show me a video that they personally shot, and not the people that made this thing, of the boat going down the lake above 15mph, I'll recant.

Moomawnster
12-13-2003, 04:25 PM
I dont know ..... I think It's ALL show and can't do anything they claim . Nobody is defending this with any convincing comments ! and if they have one why not just take real pics instead of the bad chopping ? . according to the channel pic hundreds of people saw this thing ...... I say bull ! We don't even need to get into the physics of why it won't work ! [ 3000lbs 45mph on water with subaru power !]

Sleek-Jet
12-13-2003, 04:30 PM
That's another thing. This "boat" would attract more attention than the Pet of the Month standing around naked with a box of Krispy Cremes. Other than that one chopped pic on the channel, this thing is being flat ignored.

1HOTGMCJET
12-13-2003, 04:48 PM
There ARE videos of it in action on the website - check them out - it's for real, all right, but the performance claims, I have NO earthly idea about them, true or not.....I think it's pretty cool myself, and I give the guy a TON of credit for putting it together............I'd own one...:D

quiet riot
12-13-2003, 08:04 PM
They stuff I've read up on it (and some tv show I saw) said that it was a long buildup and took a lotta time. They say the handing is subpar for both car and boat. It couldn't get on plane the first several attempts so they had to really push the engine and bottom work and finally got it to 30 mph, not 45. Just second hand info, but the stuff I've seen is a little more believable.
jd

zmoz
12-13-2003, 10:43 PM
Look at the videos...look at the one of it going into the water. How the hell could they have faked that? I doubt even a multi million dollar movie could film that without actually doing it...

Moomawnster
12-14-2003, 02:36 AM
Damn ... even the video looks suspicous , nobody is gonna tell me thats the best they could do , for some reason they see fit to blur everthing .... now I think there is such thing as videochop .
Does anybody want to take a shot at WHY they chopped the pics ?

DansBlown73Nordic
12-14-2003, 03:52 AM
WoW 45 m.p.h is FAST for a Jet Boat.....:p

Sleek-Jet
12-14-2003, 06:09 AM
The 45 mph speed for the boat is off their website.
In the video of the car driving into the water, there is a noticable break in the action between the car in the water, and it motoring away. You can watch the video here (http://www.watercar.com/videos.aspx)
As for a multi-million dollar film crew, I've seen some pretty good movies that have outstanding CGI that was done on a home computer, it just takes a little time and expertise. (The internet movie "405 the Movie" that was done a few years ago is one of the best, and those guys did that in their spare time).
My guess is that they have two vehicles. One is the car/boat hybrid that can drive into the water and then putt around in, and then driven out so it looks like everything works. The other is a boat thats had the body grafted onto it for the "high" speed stuff. Kind of a "proof of concept" deal, but with a hull that will work, and without the weight of the running gear for driving around on dry land.
Like I said, all I really want is someone to say that they have video or pics they personally shot of this thing in action.

zmoz
12-14-2003, 12:36 PM
Well, if you read the website it's obvious that you can't just drive into the water...it says "When you go in the water, you simply drive in, put the transmission in neutral, engage the jet, flip the switch to raise the wheels, and you're boating." So they probably cut out the half hour of the movie where they were pushing buttons and flipping switches. 45mph seems a tad fast, but it certainly isn't impossible. Whether or not this one is real, it's possible, and DAMN cool. It's got me thinking...I know of a cheap '66 convertable mustang that needs an engine...;)

wrightnow
12-14-2003, 05:21 PM
About 2 months ago one of the local morning shows I think it was channel 2 was show the car and thay took a ride in it here in long beach.
Looked real to me...
Mark

jweeks123
12-14-2003, 09:51 PM
looked real to me also mark. i saw it being driven off a trailer in orange county. looked like the builder could be damn proud of his work. i thought it was nicely engineered and built. talked to the guy for a bit and he wasn't afraid to say how some things didn't work right on the first or seconf try, but he keeps beating the problems and getting the boat working better. didn't see it in th ewater, but he said they test at irvine lake a lot, so any doubting toms could check there whether its real or not.
overall, this has got to be one of the most negative boating sites on the net..........

Rexone
12-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by jweeks123
overall, this has got to be one of the most negative boating sites on the net..........
As much as I like ***boat.com. I couldn't have said that any better.
Car is real. Saw it on the news during the Long Beach Boat show several times, launching, running on land, running on water.

Froggystyle
12-15-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by jweeks123
I certainly couldn't agree more.
Love the Hot Boat... Hate the negativity and drama...

hack job
12-15-2003, 10:37 AM
for those who think this kind of thing is fake here is anther one.
http://www.aquada.host.goodtechnology.net/aquada/homepage.jsp?flash=true
looks pretty damn real to me