PDA

View Full Version : Ballistic Props

markt111
08-14-2003, 07:25 AM
has anyone used them? suppose to work well on most boats, I was thinking of buying one for mine Four Winns 211 Liberator w/300HP 350, would this work well on this type of hull? looking for top end performance, the boat is very fast out of the hole even wuth a heavy load

BADAXE
08-15-2003, 08:00 AM
Yes, I had one on one of my old boats, it worked very well. I picked up a few miles per hour and boat handled much better, no slip in turns. The way I found out about it was a recomendation by Broson Hill.

mike37
08-18-2003, 07:04 PM
Im thinking of geting one for my boat but there is no one that has one to give me info on how well it works on a cat

PanteraInVentura
08-20-2003, 09:08 AM
Mike37,
Give Valley Propeller in Ventura a call @ 805-644-5055 they are a Ballistic Prop dealer. They also have a good exchange program. I don't have a cat but i have 24ft Pantera and happy with the results so far with the Ballistic prop.
I'm going to be in your neck of the woods on Labor Day weekend. My family is staying at one of the lodges (1 or 2) at Lake San Anton and might spend one of the days on Naci. If you need someone to bring a prop down just in case you purchase something from VP, be glad too. I'll be checking in on Friday afternoon.

mike37
08-20-2003, 07:03 PM
PanteraInVentura:
Mike37,
Give Valley Propeller in Ventura a call @ 805-644-5055 they are a Ballistic Prop dealer. They also have a good exchange program. I don't have a cat but i have 24ft Pantera and happy with the results so far with the Ballistic prop.
I'm going to be in your neck of the woods on Labor Day weekend. My family is staying at one of the lodges (1 or 2) at Lake San Anton and might spend one of the days on Naci. If you need someone to bring a prop down just in case you purchase something from VP, be glad too. I'll be checking in on Friday afternoon. thanks for the info i dont think ill be buying one right away I am going to have Valley Propeller do some work one my brovo 1 propdident know they had the Ballistic prop did a serch and no cali shop came up as dellers
what pich are you runing
and what prop did you have befor was it a brovo 1

PanteraInVentura
08-20-2003, 08:42 PM
I have a 81 24ft Pantera with a 454 about 450hp, its a heavy hull (3500) but great for the roughs. Valley Prop first suggested I try a 25p Ballistic and it was a slug taking off but good for cruising but could only get 4200 rpm out of it switched to a 22 Ballistic takes off much better and higher cruising (3000-3500)@ 45-50 speedo. I have'nt gone wot yet still breaking in motor. But, as BadAxe mentioned my boat loves the turns much better with the prop. I'm kinda new to this prop stuff, still learning.
Maybe mistaken that he is a authorized dealer but I know he has some on the showroom got mine exchanged the same day.
Hope this helps