PDA

View Full Version : USC Jumps to No. 1 in Polls, but...

Rvr2Bch
12-07-2003, 12:05 PM
Official announcement comes today at 2:30pm. This is what ESPN had to say this morning.
ESPN.com news services
Southern California's rise to No. 1 in the polls apparently will not be enough to give the Trojans a berth in the national championship game.
USC (11-1) made the jump from second to No. 1 in the ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll and Associated Press media poll on Sunday, a combination of its 52-28 victory over Oregon State on Saturday and previous No. 1 Oklahoma's humbling 35-7 loss to Kansas State in the Big 12 championship game.
However, the Sooners are expected to hold their No. 1 position in the final Bowl Championship Series Standings. The standings and BCS bowl matchups will be announced later today (5:30 p.m. ET, ABC). The Trojans' BCS position -- they have been second to the Sooners for weeks -- was weakened due to losses by two of their opponents, Notre Dame and Hawaii, on Saturday.
That being the case, LSU is projected to be Oklahoma's likely opponent in the Nokia Sugar Bowl. The Tigers routed Georgia 34-13 in the SEC championship game and have the upper BCS hand over USC, according to ESPN's Brad Edwards.
Saturday's turn of events will allow LSU to finish eight spots better than USC in schedule strength. LSU now will be able to overcome a one-point poll deficit to USC, as long as it leads the Trojans in at least six of the seven BCS computers, which is expected to happen, according to Edwards.
USC's only hope was to jump to No. 1 and have Oklahoma voted No. 2 in either of the two polls, according to Edwards. USC, LSU and Oklahoma were 1-2-3, respectively, in both polls.
Since margin of victory is no longer a consideration in the BCS system, the Sooners will remain the top-ranked team in the majority of BCS ratings -- which in turn will enable them to stay in the top two of the BCS.
Edwards' projected matchups for the BCS bowls:
Nokia Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Oklahoma
Rose Bowl presented by Citi: USC vs. Michigan
FedEx Orange Bowl: Miami vs. Ohio State
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: Kansas State vs. Florida State
----------------------------------------------------------------
-Rvr2Bch

Kilrtoy
12-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Thats a bunch of crap........
Ill feel bad for all those Sc fans if that crap happens....

clownpuncher
12-07-2003, 01:51 PM
BCS sucks. I believe the fair and equitable thing for the college boys would to have a playoff between all the conference winners. Kinda like the NFL and Super Bowl. This BCS system seems to a little too subjective

JetBoatRich
12-07-2003, 02:00 PM
:mad: :mad:
BCS
Pretty obvious most people would want the playoffs, anybody know why they don't implement a playoff system?:o
I don't much how the College Football standings work:rolleyes:

mbrown2
12-07-2003, 02:06 PM
From all the Articles it looks like SC might drop to 3...:mad: :mad: :mad:
BCS=Big-Crocko-Shit

Rvr2Bch
12-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
BCS
Pretty obvious most people would want the playoffs, anybody know why they don't implement a playoff system?:o
I don't much how the College Football standings work:rolleyes:
One word...MONEY. The bowl games are huge business for the schools as well as the sponsors. To eliminate some bowl games would cost some schools tons of money. I know that the schools that win the big BCS bowl games get between 10-15 million dollars to their atheletic dept. I think the NCAA should use the four major bowl games in some sort of playoff system with maybe the top eight in the rankings all playing in the bowl games. I doubt we will ever see a playoff system.
It sucks that the humans all think SC is #1, but the computers pick them at #3. Damn Machines! :mad:
-Rvr2Bch

Kilrtoy
12-07-2003, 02:25 PM
8 more mintues and we will find out.....

JetBoatRich
12-07-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
8 more mintues and we will find out.....
Drum roll please:D
never know, could turn out good for the TROJANS:eek!:

Kilrtoy
12-07-2003, 02:30 PM
Hate to say this, BUT IM HOPING FOR THEM,
Good thing Busti and SCUBA'S arent here today..

Rvr2Bch
12-07-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Drum roll please:D
never know, could turn out good for the TROJANS:eek!:
ABC has the BCS selection show on in 3mins. Who knows what will happen:confused:
Rvr2Bch

JetBoatRich
12-07-2003, 02:35 PM
There you go #3

Rvr2Bch
12-07-2003, 02:36 PM
.16??
Crazy

mbrown2
12-07-2003, 02:36 PM
BCS = Bull Shit Championship...

BIGTYME
12-07-2003, 02:45 PM
THAT IS FREAKING RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!:confused::confused: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: THAT JUST RUINED MY DAY SCREW THE BCS!
GO TROJANS THE #1 TEAM!GO TROJANS THE #1 TEAM!

Kilrtoy
12-07-2003, 03:26 PM
Dont let it ruin your day its only sports

JetBoatRich
12-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Dont let it ruin your day its only sports
Maybe he had money on it:D
Where is ScubaSteve?

Kilrtoy
12-07-2003, 03:41 PM
SCUBA STEV is down at the ticket office begging for a refund on his airline tickets.......

JetBoatRich
12-07-2003, 03:43 PM
SCUBA STEV is down at the ticket office begging for a refund on his airline tickets.......
LOL, you may be right.
Maybe it ruined his day and just started drinking or still messed up from yesterday's game:rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
12-07-2003, 03:44 PM
If not there he is throwing up in the toilet.....

Kilrtoy
12-07-2003, 03:47 PM
KH
how have you been . How was last sunday at work:confused:

Kilrtoy
12-07-2003, 03:52 PM
i bet it was........
The wife was very happy...... Your welcome...
So when is the first river trip....

Kilrtoy
12-07-2003, 03:56 PM
I worked weekend and nights for 2 years , YES IT DOES

SCUBA STEVE
12-07-2003, 04:11 PM
Hate to say this, BUT IM HOPING FOR THEM,
Good thing Busti and SCUBA'S arent here today..
wtf?? Its your fault they didnt go! You jinxed them you biatch!! ;) :D :)
Didnt buy my airline tickets, just canceled the hotel today. I am not too bumed. We'll just get to tailgate and destroy the golf course now. :D :D :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/829116_1677-med.JPG

Kilrtoy
12-07-2003, 04:13 PM
Well thats a great runner up prize, TITS in NEW orleans on BURBON STREET or
tear up a golf course in pasadena..
Good attitude

SCUBA STEVE
12-07-2003, 04:14 PM
Well thats a great runner up prize, TITS in NEW orleans on BURBON STREET or
tear up a golf course in pasadena..
Good attitude