PDA

View Full Version : Need High-Tech Home Security help

NashvilleBound
12-07-2003, 02:29 PM
I need to talk to someone that handles high tech, high end, home security. I have run into a problem with our final inspection on our pool and need some professional help. Anyone???
NB :confused:

twistedpair
12-07-2003, 03:12 PM
http://www.benelliusa.com/innovations/images/innovation-m4.jpg
Hi-tech enough for ya'!:D

Kilrtoy
12-07-2003, 03:24 PM
bad ass guns, In cali they are illegal

twistedpair
12-07-2003, 03:27 PM
Like I need another reason NOT to live in Cali.:rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
12-07-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by NashvilleBound
I need to talk to someone that handles high tech, high end, home security. I have run into a problem with our final inspection on our pool and need some professional help. Anyone???
NB :confused:
Looking for the pool sensors?

Kilrtoy
12-07-2003, 05:30 PM
Due you need security for pools, whats up with that
like a fence or something, I dont get it

JetBoatRich
12-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Due you need security for pools, whats up with that
like a fence or something, I dont get it
I was thinking about those water sensors, you know the one that know when someone gets in the water

Kilrtoy
12-07-2003, 05:33 PM
They say those dont always work, they did a special on that on 2020 or dateline....

JetBoatRich
12-07-2003, 07:47 PM
They say those dont always work, they did a special on that on 2020 or dateline....
I was guessing what his needs were:D

Dr. Eagle
12-07-2003, 07:59 PM
My house alarm has a feature that allows you to get an alarm in the house when a door is opened, as in out to the pool. Don't know if that would satisfy the building department or not. Otherwise, it may just be a fence that you do need...
:D

NashvilleBound
12-08-2003, 08:26 AM
Nice shotguns....but not only can I not legally own that stuff anymore, I don't need it. I am in search of door alarms. Some wireless, NICE looking....small... the crap I am finding looks like, well, crap. I can't get final till I have the doors alarmed. Price is not an issue.. just need something nice. There has to be something on the market that looks decent.

ROZ
12-08-2003, 10:02 AM
The problem is that there isn't anything nice or that you can shut off for more than 30 seconds.... Do you have one of those saftey fences(not iron) and a pool cover? If you have one or both, I of know quite a few people who have put the cheapo alarms on their doors just to satisfy the inspector, and remove them a few months down the road. Again, these people have 2 other lines of defense in securing their pools....
I'll be looking for the same thing here real soon. I have 4 sets of french doors to arm...
Is the water already in? Who did your pool? You didn't happen to have a cantillever coping installed, did you? Reason is that I have a guy who bid my coping, but the price seemed kind of high. I'm looking for a second bid to compare... If you had cantillever installed, any names would be helpful. Thanks
Chris

Mandelon
12-08-2003, 10:12 AM
I am right around the corner from Alarm Center on Shawline in Kearny Mesa. I have to go there anyway, today. Ya want I should see what they have for you??????

78Eliminator
12-08-2003, 10:17 AM
bad ass guns, In cali they are illegal
Yeah, in Cali, only the people breaking into your house have weapons. You are not allowed to protect yourself. :mad:

ROZ
12-08-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
I am right around the corner from Alarm Center on Shawline in Kearny Mesa. I have to go there anyway, today. Ya want I should see what they have for you??????
Is that the street that Home Club is on? I'll have to drop by there today... I'll be passin by that area on my way back up to Vista..

jackpunx
12-08-2003, 10:27 AM
His name is Jim 310-980-6010
Tell him your a friend of Mark's
good luck

DAB
12-08-2003, 01:18 PM
NB, check out RIS in West Covina. They put together some pretty bitchen equipment. Here is the web site www.seeunow.com ask for Phil he'll give you all the details and you can see a live demo on his web-site. His number 888-733-8669. You'll be pretty amazed at what this system can do. Good luck!
DAB

NashvilleBound
12-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Chris, the pool is done. Water is in and we have used the spa 5 straight nights....love it! 10 months. The project bid at $240,000. I did ALL the concrete work so the actual costs came in much less. Its a custom cantilever deck/coping. You should come up and check it out. I gave the one-off forms to my friend who could easily do it for ya. My brother in law does pools too so he can help. Bg learning curve with a pool like this...42,000 gallons.

NashvilleBound
12-08-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
PAH-LESE!!!!!!

ROZ
12-08-2003, 04:35 PM
BEAUTIFUL POOL! That was a lot of work. As of this morning, I had about 10" of muddy water at the bottom of the cage. Maybe I should take a dip :D
Ever hear of New Image Concrete? He gave me an approximate bid over the phone. I almost fell over :(
Other than your pool, has your friend done any other cantillever copings? I hear they are a challenge, and to get joints done correctly is the key... I'm no expert on concrete and don't pretend to be. I just don't want to get taken..
What company does your brother-in- law work for, or is it his own co?
I'd like to come up in the near future to check it out. Thanks for the offer.
Chris

NashvilleBound
12-08-2003, 07:36 PM
Chris,
If you need any concrete work done just let me know. I run one of the finest concrete crews around....I own the pump co...in-laws own Superior Ready Mix...brother-in-law builds pools. For a fellow boater you could probably cut whatever quote for your pool in almost half. Interested? I thought so....
Call me @ 619-980-0426 any time after 6am....dont use a blocked number either. I don't usually answer those. We can meet up here and I assure you you will be hard pressed to find a better product....for less. Those pool builders are making BANK! Either way, Good Luck
Jeff

ROZ
12-09-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by NashvilleBound
Those pool builders are making BANK! Either way, Good Luck
Jeff
You bet they are...Up to shotcrete( hopefully this weekend) and equiptment I'm only at 13k:cool: The aggrogate, coping and any other bits of concrete work is what's killin' me..

missboatnam1
12-09-2003, 01:14 PM
how about norco? and i have a pool, buts it old, and ugly!! i heard to upgrade it is the same cost of putting in a new one is that true???? hmmmm:)

ROZ
12-09-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by missboatnam1
how about norco? and i have a pool, buts it old, and ugly!! i heard to upgrade it is the same cost of putting in a new one is that true???? hmmmm:)
It really depends on what you want done. I imagine a plaster refurb alone will run ya around 4500k-7k( jackehammer the old stuff and reapply the new).... Redoing the tile and coping could easily reach another 6k, but it depends on type and quanity of materials you want.