PDA

View Full Version : Impeller Question

HBjet
12-07-2003, 03:49 PM
Can anyone tell me what/who's impeller this is? I have never seen one like it, and since some online personalities believe Aggressor is the only game in town doing R&D I thought it might be one of there's..... but I have never seen a stainless impeller from Aggressor or know anyone who has... so I have to say it's not there impeller. So the question is who's is it?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20impeller3a-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20impeller3b-med.jpg
Maybe some of the online experts and tell us where this came from.
HBjet:confused:

cal***boat
12-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by HBjet
Can anyone tell me what/who's impeller this is? I have never seen one like it, and since some online personalities believe Aggressor is the only game in town doing R&D I thought it might be one of there's..... but I have never seen a stainless impeller from Aggressor or know anyone who has... so I have to say it's not there impeller. So the question is who's is it?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20impeller3a-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20impeller3b-med.jpg
Maybe some of the online experts and tell us where this came from.
HBjet:confused:
Chet should be here real soon Randy to set you straight on the impeller :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:confused: Were have you been Randy ?, I miss reading your replys and posts to some of the more challenged people in here. :confused: I'am sure you know what I mean

MarKist
12-07-2003, 04:16 PM
Chet should be here real soon Randy to set you straight on the impeller
Were have you been Randy ?, I miss reading your replys and posts to some of the more challenged people in here. I'am sure you know what I mean
Yeah Randy we see your engine inHOT boat and you get to big for the forums( Isee how it is!!)Nah good to see ya back Dude!
Mark:D

HBjet
12-07-2003, 05:28 PM
but it's really no fun when your girlfriend gets called a ***** on a regular bases from some people who can't argue with just me, they have to drag someone that has nothing to do with the argument through the mud to try to prove a point. When it comes to that, it stops being fun. Since this behavior couldn't be avoided with a simple warning from Hot Boat, I decided to just remove myself, ignore the posts or comments towards me, my girlfriend, or my boat and eventually those people would find something better to do.
I only posted this thread because I was curious to see if anyone knew what impeller this was. It will be interesting to see what "experts" say about it... if anything.
HBjet

Duane HTP
12-07-2003, 05:48 PM
I believe it is one of the earlier Berkeley expirmental impellers. I had a couple of them some time back and I believe they looked just like that.

LUVNLIFE
12-07-2003, 06:17 PM
EF people Randy. Try being a Raider fan around here. Come on back and post. How's the boat running?

MikeF
12-07-2003, 08:40 PM
I had heard of them, never seen one though.:eek:

HBjet
12-07-2003, 09:04 PM
It's not a Berkeley....
HBjet

canuck1
12-07-2003, 09:50 PM
clements?

canuck1
12-07-2003, 10:08 PM
precission?

Cas
12-07-2003, 10:40 PM
have any dimensions on it?
Hamilton?
Yamaha? or whatever they're called in the "new" jets

HBjet
12-07-2003, 10:57 PM
it's not an impeller for jetski's.... it's works in anything a regular Berk would work in.
HBjet

LVjetboy
12-08-2003, 01:21 AM
I'll guess legend. Welcome back.
jer

Blown 472
12-08-2003, 06:50 AM
A hamilton? or a burton?

Duane HTP
12-08-2003, 07:03 AM
HBJet, Have you run it in your pump? If so, how did it work?
If not, are you going to?

HBjet
12-08-2003, 07:49 AM
It's a Legend... How about that Chet... someone other then Aggressor has done a little R&D...
Anyways, I have not ran this impeller. According to Jack at MPD it's been tested in boats that had a top speed of 60-65mph a long time ago, and back then, there was no difference in performance. This impeller is an A, but since there are only 3 blades, it works like a B would. Jack wants to test it in one of his personal boats that has all sorts of sensors hooked up to it before he offers to sell it. I was down there looking at a Stainless for myself when I saw this and figured I'd post a photo since it is so rare.
HBjet

Blown 472
12-08-2003, 07:57 AM
It's a Legend... How about that Chet... someone other then Aggressor has done a little R&D...
Anyways, I have not ran this impeller. According to Jack at MPD it's been tested in boats that had a top speed of 60-65mph a long time ago, and back then, there was no difference in performance. This impeller is an A, but since there are only 3 blades, it works like a B would. Jack wants to test it in one of his personal boats that has all sorts of sensors hooked up to it before he offers to sell it. I was down there looking at a Stainless for myself when I saw this and figured I'd post a photo since it is so rare.
HBjet
Is there any advantage to a three instead of a four blade?

Duane HTP
12-08-2003, 08:23 AM
It is the same impeller that I had seen then. I believe Bob Zanner made those years ago back when he was still working for Berkeley. That was in the days just before Legend.
It would be very interesting to test it now with the computers that we have on the boats today.
Duane HTP

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
12-08-2003, 09:55 AM
but it's really no fun when your girlfriend gets called a ***** on a regular bases from some people who can't argue with just me, they have to drag someone that has nothing to do with the argument through the mud to try to prove a point. When it comes to that, it stops being fun. Since this behavior couldn't be avoided with a simple warning from Hot Boat, I decided to just remove myself, ignore the posts or comments towards me, my girlfriend, or my boat and eventually those people would find something better to do.
I only posted this thread because I was curious to see if anyone knew what impeller this was. It will be interesting to see what "experts" say about it... if anything.
HBjet
still bitter??? welcome back HBjet!!!:) hit the century mark yet in your JETBOAT ??
Omega

HBjet
12-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
still bitter??? welcome back HBjet!!!:) hit the century mark yet??
Omega
I see some things never change. I start a thread and in under 20 posts we have Blown472 and Omega Bubble Jet showing up.
Bitter, no. 100 mark yet.... No, my pump still needs to be fixed... because I'm the one who doesn't know how to drive boats on water, just over rock bars.... remember?
Blown, as for an advantage, it's believed there isn't, but at the time someone thought there might be so they tried it.
HBjet

LVjetboy
12-08-2003, 12:55 PM
I'm gonna guess if there is any difference, it may show up in the size and location of the hump. As in an earlier hump or delay in full load on launch with the three blade compared to a four.
jer

bp
12-08-2003, 04:47 PM
I see some things never change. I start a thread and in under 20 posts we have Blown472 and Omega Bubble Jet showing up.
Bitter, no. 100 mark yet.... No, my pump still needs to be fixed... because I'm the one who doesn't know how to drive boats on water, just over rock bars.... remember?
Blown, as for an advantage, it's believed there isn't, but at the time someone thought there might be so they tried it.
HBjet
HB, good to see ya back. there oughtta be an impeller down there with your name on it:wink:

HBjet
12-08-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by bp
HB, good to see ya back. there oughtta be an impeller down there with your name on it:wink:
Well, right now there is someone elses name on it, but I hear that's gonna change soon....
Shoot me a email when you have the time.
HBjet

565edge
12-08-2003, 08:48 PM
Hbjet what cut stainless are you looking for?I have a very detailed b cut berkely i might want to sell.I think i want to run a bigger impeller.If your interested let me know.I have been told its a b/c but when i measured it it is to the b dimensions on the berkely chart.

ChetCapoli
12-08-2003, 09:52 PM
HBjet
Hey, Hey,Hey HBbuddy....a little birdie told me you were looking for me....i'm flattered!:D I'm a lurker in the prop section now remember? Can you say 565/10-71/34pitch=110+????:D
I got here a little late to answer BUT i could just tell anything from you would have nothing to do with old "brand X" and all to do with legend. Do you know anything else? Does R & D in legend terms mean "rethink & decide" to try to compete maybe? I still dont see anyone using them except your clan.Word has it there was alot of "brand X" at the finals though....even mr. aggressor himself.
Does anyone from legend attend races hb? Just curious.:confused: Gotta support what you believe in right?
CHET

HBjet
12-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Here's the impeller that I will be picking up... and it's NOT a Legend... can you believe that? It's a Berkeley Stainless B.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20HB_s_Impeller-med.jpg
Thanks BP..... for deciding to get something else!
HBjet

TRG
12-09-2003, 02:23 PM
randy...are you or were you running a alum' this past summer? and what impeller did you have in it? todd

HBjet
12-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Yes... I was running an Aluminum Legend B cut impeller. It was all pretty.... but now it looks like this
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20thrashed-med.jpg
Ugly!
Jack said he would need 1-2 hours to make my inducer look new again.
HBjet

LVjetboy
12-09-2003, 07:18 PM
The obvious question. Why buy a Berk impeller instead of Legend? A good deal maybe but not the prefered Legend deal? The Berk maybe cheap or even existing stock on sale...blue light special. But after all the money you've soaked into your jet you settle for a second best impeller 'cause it's cheaper? Is that Berk century jet material? I have no Berk, Legend (or Aggressor) bias for that matter. Just wondering why the switch?
jer

TRG
12-09-2003, 10:19 PM
sniff,sniff,sniff........i smell CHIT!!!!......I mean chet!

HBjet
12-09-2003, 11:00 PM
LV, to be honest, I wasn't even going to go the stainless route because of the money it would cost for a Legend Stainless completely detailed.... 1400-1500 bucks is about what it would cost. I was going to run a bronze (Heritage) for a little over a 1/3 less, but then I was informed about this Berkeley Stainless that was in perfect condition. This impeller is BP's backup impeller for his drag boat therefore it has all of the detail Jack puts into any impeller intended for a race application... I talked to Jack about this impeller verses my Legend B and he said I should see a slight RPM increase (50-100) For the price I couldn't pass up this deal. It should run good in my boat, but we'll see. As for it not being the "best" (Legend) that's ok for me since I needed a stainless for what I plan on doing in the future to increase my boats MPH.
HBjet

LVjetboy
12-09-2003, 11:26 PM
Makes sense. From your dyno, those extra berk rpm's may gain a few extra hp's (6 hp?), but maybe not enough to see on the speedo as your hp curve is relatively flat from 5800 to 6200. (JPC says 150 rpms Legend B to Berkeley B) Considering the price of a new Legend SS, an existing MPD detailed Berk SS at a cut rate sounds like a good deal to me. I doubt you'll lose speed with the swap. And SS rules!
jer

Blown 472
12-10-2003, 08:07 AM
that's ok for me since I needed a stainless for what I plan on doing in the future to increase my boats MPH.
HBjet
Care to share??

ChetCapoli
12-10-2003, 09:31 AM
cost for a Legend Stainless completely detailed.... 1400-1500 bucks is about what it would cost. I was going to run a bronze (Heritage) for a little over a 1/3 less.
As for it not being the "best" (Legend) that's ok for me since I needed a stainless for what I plan on doing in the future to increase my boats MPH.
HBjet
OUCH!! I'm surprised you realize what overpriced is and look to other alternatives. Must get a whole box of donuts with that purchase. Let me ask ya hb.... what do youthink for the extra $550 cost ($850box stock/$1500detailed) the gain is eh? Word has it those box stock bronze impellers run 8 seconds....1200hp maybe???
So legend is the best eh?? How do you know this? Truth is you dont really HB.......i bet your man could sell you oceanfront property in arizona huh? Maybe we should make some sort of bet HB....not sure yet since you messed with my pics but maybe. You could try one of them there X impellers and compare it to your "detailed"(:eek: $500 option?) and see what the results are. Should be able to find one of those "brand X" impellers hangin around on a dartboard some where...maybe there one leveling the ol coffee machine. Just clear off the donut dust and give it a shot.....whadiathink??? Toddnjizz seems to be willing to help, maybe he can sniff one out for us instead of buffin his helmet. :D
CHET
P.S. i must say one thing though, jet parts are a helluva lot cheaper thank prop parts! No donut drama either.:p

Kiwi Legend Jetter
12-10-2003, 10:05 AM
There is a guy in Christchurch, New Zealand who has developed a 3 bladed impellor. The idea behind his design is to enable smaller HP engines (as low as 200HP) to spin a larger blade. I have not seen any results for myself but he thinks an "A minus" would suit my 230HP enigine. Over the summer (your winter) I'll hopefully get a chance to try one of his blades.

HBjet
12-10-2003, 10:13 AM
If someone wants to let me borrow an Aggressor impeller (Alum or Mag Bronz) I will try it, sure, I have no problems. I won't buy one just to make someone here shut up, but I will certainly try one out. Anyone?
HBjet

HM
12-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Chet, you are best to stick to your expertise of putting handicap rails on boats. I didn't realize that those handles help the mentally handicapped....oh wait, now that I think of it, they have not helped you one bit.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20chethull-med.jpg

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
12-10-2003, 01:07 PM
good times........It's so nice to see the jet forum rapidly returning to what it once was.......thanks HBjet, welcome back amigo!
Omega

Jake W
12-10-2003, 08:08 PM
I for one am glad to see some ZIP in a thread.It has been boring as hell in hear for a while.
HBjet ask Jack if he has 5 blade Jasuckie imps laying around you can take a pic of.I think Jim on a nother board has one in his pump it was the same type deal prototype but some how ended up in his pump.MPD allso did the rebuild on this pump.
It is sad when we have to call Chet out to have a little fun.
Jake:D

BrendellaJet
12-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Jake W
HBjet ask Jack if he has 5 blade Jasuckie imps laying around you can take a pic of.I think Jim on a nother board has one in his pump it was the same type deal prototype but some how ended up in his pump.MPD allso did the rebuild on this pump.
Are you talking about Jim Lee? I think his is a 4 blade. Mines got a 5 blade in it...

Jake W
12-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Yea Jim Lee is who I am talking about.OK so is thats the deal it is soupost to have a 5 and has a 4.I knew it was not the normal for that type of pump.Yours is a Axle flow right ?Opps
Jake

77charger
12-10-2003, 09:38 PM
If someone wants to let me borrow an Aggressor impeller (Alum or Mag Bronz) I will try it, sure, I have no problems. I won't buy one just to make someone here shut up, but I will certainly try one out. Anyone?
HBjet sounds like chets challange has been met!!Will chet shut up after this?

BrendellaJet
12-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Jake, the 12wj is a mixed flow pump. Jack went through mine and I will soon know the results. Boat should do mid 90s. interesting that the designs are so different,yet they produce similar results.
Here is Jim Lee's impeller after mpd
http://www.concentric.net/~Jjlee/boats/images/finishedSuctionSide.jpg
Here is mine
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/212WJ_Imp_fr_finished-med.jpg
Jack said that the 5 blade was more common-I dont think he had ever seen a 4 blade.

ChetCapoli
12-11-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by 77charger
sounds like chets challange has been met!!Will chet shut up after this?
Dont know charger...will I??? If ol HB goes faster with X then what??? Will he own up to it and run it from then on??? Somehow i dont think someone is going to let that happen even if it did. No more part time job for HB...donuts for all.....etc...
It is pretty funny there "hobo" that you have to call me out to get the thread rollin. It's called being a leader instead of a follower. :D A hot ham sanwich would do me good right now btw.
CHET

pops1
12-11-2003, 08:42 AM
HBjet H.B. 3Blades have been around -A three blade is a good digger Impeller- less water control on top end-
I Love how you lead in like you don't know -then slam Aggressor as you always seem to- If you were up on whats happening in the real Race World-At the IHBA world finals you would know Aggressor (both) Stainless and Mag's Bronze were Ran by Pitts,Leas,Waller,Nagore,Brule,Smith,Roshem and many others.
#2 IF jACK IS NOW GOING TO FIND OUT ABOUT A 15 YEAR OLD IMPELLER "WELCOME TO THE PARTY" Dave

Blown 472
12-11-2003, 08:58 AM
How would he know about the races?? he doesn't race sept for 1/8 mile on tha "river"

HBjet
12-11-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by pops1
H.B. 3Blades have been around -A three blade is a good digger Impeller- less water control on top end-
I Love how you lead in like you don't know -then slam Aggressor as you always seem to- If you were up on whats happening in the real Race World-At the IHBA world finals you would know Aggressor (both) Stainless and Mag's Bronze were Ran by Pitts,Leas,Waller,Nagore,Brule,Smith,Roshem and many others.
#2 IF jACK IS NOW GOING TO FIND OUT ABOUT A 15 YEAR OLD IMPELLER "WELCOME TO THE PARTY" Dave
Thanks for the info Pops. Sorry if I slammed Aggressor. When I said they aren't the only ones in town who have done a little R&D that was intended towards Chet. As for the Stainless Aggressor Impeller. I have never seen one, and I don't know of any jet pump builder who has either. You say they are ran at the races, but your the only one saying it.
As for Jack just getting around to testing a 15yo impeller... well, no, as you can see, it's a bit dusty. He's had this for sometime and isn't going to sell it until he runs it on one of his boats. Until then, it's just going to sit and collect more dust since Jack hasn't been able to run any of his boats for a long time. He's so busy, he even worked on Thanksgiving.
Like I said, I will run an Aggressor if someone wants to donate one for me to use, and then I will give it back. I will only use it once, at the lake, or even the river if it wasn't a problem with the owner of the impeller, and they would be more then welcome to join me. I will have the install work performed by Jack, since he's going to be doing the work on my pump in the next month anyways. So once it's all finished, we will run the Aggressor, then I will take it out and have my stainless installed. If the results are better then I have ever ran, then I would stand corrected. Until then, there will be no way to tell.
Blown, the future plans with the boat include a blue bottle... next year though. I have to spend that money this year to get my pump back to where it was last year, but with a stainless and new AQ shaft.
HBjet

Blown 472
12-11-2003, 10:29 AM
Good idea if you are going to pour some power to it. Glad your back I missed sparing with you.:devil:

Duane HTP
12-11-2003, 04:37 PM
I have never seen one, and I don't know of any jet pump builder who has either. You say they are ran at the races, but your the only one saying it.
You can see an Aggressor Stainless Impeller on my web site at
http://www.hi-techperformance.com/images/IMPELLER.JPG
http://www.hi-techperformance.com/images/IMPELLER.JPG
We ran one in Flashback, we run one in R & D Express, and I run one in my personal blown lake boat. My help, Brian runs one in his blown lake boat too. I saw the one in Ray Whaller's boat at Phoenix. And I might add, we've had outstanding results with them.

HBjet
12-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Cool.
So, could I order a NEW stainless today from Aggressor, and what kind of turn around time are we looking at?
HBjet

Duane HTP
12-11-2003, 04:45 PM
You could order one from me. I'll ship overnight if you need.

565edge
12-11-2003, 06:19 PM
I was hoping you would buy my impeller hbjet,then when i smoked you come march with my new aggresser impeller we could see you bitch and cry.Then we will see who sucks better.Look at the pic i think you will Win.That a boy swallow IT!

Jake W
12-11-2003, 07:21 PM
Who you leading there Chet.Because I do not see anyone flowing.
I said it was sad to have to call you out,I was not calling you out.
I doubt Jack thinks that old imp is gold .HBjet was just ****ing with some people and they showed up .
So all in all I have no dog in this fight just wanted to post a little.
All HBjet has to post is Chet,Aggressor,or MPD and he has every one sweating bullets.
At least this post is not about how to make a Turkey.
Jake
:D

SPECTRABRENT
12-11-2003, 09:15 PM
Duane,
Did you get my check?
Brent

pops1
12-12-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Jake W
I doubt Jack thinks that old imp is gold .HBjet was just ****ing with some people and they showed up .
So all in all I have no dog in this fight just wanted to post a little.
All HBjet has to post is Chet,Aggressor,or MPD and he has every one sweating bullets.
Jake
:D
I also doubt Jack has not ran that impeller before and is not fully aware of all the in's and outs of it.
I further think HB maybe has not seen our Stainless, as for most boats the Mag Bronze is way beyound what is required. It is 1/2 the price and very close in yeild & tensil to most stainless. It further has carried a lot of boats in the 7, 8, & 9 second brackets
over the years which is 120 thru 140 MPH+.
FYI
We have never pushed S/Steel due to cost factor "yet" we make A higher profit on it. Last Year we made all new tooling for the Mag & Stainless Programs, and at the request of Dealers and public demand we have in stock over 30 stainless impellers.
Aggressor is and will Hand Machine all Stainless, as it is the true'est way to cone flow and vane align the Impeller.
This will be the limiting factor for Production.
Also we have just completed makinging arrangments to release and test on high powered boats our Cupped Vane, Big Mouth & and Dual Exit Port Impellers for the 2004 Race Season. We also hope to finalize on high horsepower testing our 5 & 6 Vane Designed Impellers. All these Impellers have been out and tested by us prior, and now will be submitted to the 1700 to 2000+ HP range under On-Board Computer Conditions.
11 Vane Bowl is being tested under the same conditions and was ran at the World Finals showing very interesting numbers seen by the Hi Tech and Roger Leas Crew.
Dual Drive 9" Impeller12" Drives will be tested with a new Belt Drive system in the next few weeks.
In Spring we hope to start testing a new 8" Drive in single and in Dual Split suction versions. Maybe this will be a great drive for small blocks-also the re-release of the 7" Drive will occure.
Will see! I think great things for Jets are comming up- I know we have sold more Pro Model Pumps in the last two months then ever before! Yet the Pro Model is not Planned for Release Untill Spring 2004.
New Jet Boat sells may suck, but Jet Race Boats are on the RISE!
To All Of You- Enjoy your Family & Friends over the CHRISTMAS
and New Year's Season. Say a Prayer for our Troops to stay safe, get the job done, and Come Home Early. Dave

canuck1
12-12-2003, 11:07 AM
Hey Pops
What do you have going in the whitewater scene this year? With the worlds being in the US and more races in NA then any time in the past I'm interested to know

HammerDown
12-12-2003, 12:11 PM
Pops1...when you say >"Last Year we made all new tooling for the Mag & Stainless Programs "...how will this new/current Mag Impeller differ vs the 5 year old Full (A) Aggressor I've been using?
Thanks for any info.

HBjet
12-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Pops1, thanks for that info.
Now, what caught my eye was the 5 & 6 vein impellers. I saw where you said they are intended for motors making 1700-2000hp. Now, could you say run a 5 vein impeller on a boat like mine? I was thinking because that 3 veined impeller Legend made is an A, but turns like a B. So, would a 5 veined cut down to a C or D run like the traditional 4 veinded B? Just wondering. Thanks
HBjet

LVjetboy
12-13-2003, 01:32 AM
Flashback from a thread long gone...
Vein = blood to important organs
Vain = Chet :)
Vane = fixed airfoil as in those dealies in the bowl
Blade = rotating airfoil as in those dealies in the impeller
I know correcting spelling is petty and bogus. Sorry HBjet. But we jetters should at least get the jet pump stuff right. The other stuff who cares.
jer

screamdreambrad
12-13-2003, 01:43 AM
attaboy lv !

pops1
12-15-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by HammerDown
Pops1...when you say >"Last Year we made all new tooling for the Mag & Stainless Programs "...how will this new/current Mag Impeller differ vs the 5 year old Full (A) Aggressor I've been using?
Thanks for any info.
The New Tooling will allow us to consistently be able to cut the Bigger Dia. dimensions. I do not think you would find a big varence in the Impeller- We have completly changed the vain procedure and tooled the tie up to make all vains consistent as can be made in thickness, & location. We did change alloy's and about to undergo a new alloy Test in the next 2 months. If you call me after that I will let you knowthe outcome. Dave

pops1
12-15-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by canuck1
Hey Pops
What do you have going in the whitewater scene this year? With the worlds being in the US and more races in NA then any time in the past I'm interested to know You know -Im not sure what if any, Our Canadian Dist. Jet Craft Marine in Alberta might. I do know he has bought a lot of "AAA" Stainless from us this past year. Dave

pops1
12-15-2003, 09:30 AM
Pops1, thanks for that info.
Now, what caught my eye was the 5 & 6 vein impellers. I saw where you said they are intended for motors making 1700-2000hp. Now, could you say run a 5 vein impeller on a boat like mine? I was thinking because that 3 veined impeller Legend made is an A, but turns like a B. So, would a 5 veined cut down to a C or D run like the traditional 4 veinded B? Just wondering. Thanks
HBjet Sorry if I mis-guided you. We have tested these Impellers @ 450 to 600 HP. What we now need to see or prove, is it all relative on upper HP and get the critical input data back from on-boards- Looking @ the intake pressure down the course @ RPM's @ bowl pressure @ Power, Hole Shot, 200, 400, 650 & 1/4 mile. ETC. Dave