PDA

View Full Version : Turntablists.... unite!

Froggystyle
12-07-2003, 09:30 PM
I am looking for some turntables and mixer from one of you ex-DJ types.
I am in the market for some Technics 1200, preferably MK3 or newer with a 3 channel mixer.
I have some Numarks that I just got for Christmas, but they may be headed back to swap out for some Technics which have bigger motors and heavier wheels. (Shocker... me upgrading motors!)
Let me know if any of y'all have something.

Kilrtoy
12-07-2003, 09:33 PM
I think Edukator down by you used to do that stuff,
I may be wrong

ROZ
12-08-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
I am looking for some turntables and mixer from one of you ex-DJ types.
I am in the market for some Technics 1200, preferably MK3 or newer with a 3 channel mixer.
I have some Numarks that I just got for Christmas, but they may be headed back to swap out for some Technics which have bigger motors and heavier wheels. (Shocker... me upgrading motors!)
Let me know if any of y'all have something.
CAll me at work tomorrow... I may have a hookup for ya....

Wicky
12-08-2003, 06:16 AM
Hey Froggy,
If your looking for records to put on that turntable, I am your man.
My family built and owned KWOW 1600am for over 40 years.
They sold it in 88'. I was given the record collection last month.
Total weight was over 7 tons est. I've sold three 45's on ebay but, would really like to sell the whole collection. This goes out to anyone. I will give you Froggy, 3% of the sale if you ink the deal and show me the money. It has an estimated value of over $$$$750,000K. This includes just about everything from 1950-1988. The format of Kwow was big band stuff in the fiftys. Country western in the 60's and early 70's. The format was changed to rock in the 70's. In the mid 70's it was changed to Oldies but Goodies. My Dad automated the station. Records were played once or twice and saved to reel to reel, so the majority of these records are near mint condition. At last count there were 50 or so beatles 45's all in near mint condition. Tons of Elvis. Tons of oldies but goodies.
Check this out!! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2578025609&category=20811&rd=1)

MagicMtnDan
12-08-2003, 06:20 AM
I'm interested in the Rock and Roll (some of it anyway). Rolling Stones and Beatles and other stuff. Are you "parting it out" (the collection)? If so I am interested.
Thanks (feel free to e-mail me: danf@aol.com )

Froggystyle
12-08-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
CAll me at work tomorrow... I may have a hookup for ya....
In actuality, I am looking for a pair of the Denon 151's, but didn't figure anyone would have one used yet.
Left a message for you at work...

BoatFloating
12-08-2003, 10:54 AM
Froggy, as you can see by my avitar that is one of my business ventures. I recently sold my 1200's recently for more than I paid for them new 15 years ago. I now only use the Denon double disc player and Numark mixer with digital repeat.
I sold all my records and turntables when I stopped doing clubs. I do mostly weddings and corporate parties and you don't need to do alot of mixing for those events. It sure makes my equipment alot lighter and smaller and with the Denon system you can mix pretty easy.

Froggystyle
12-08-2003, 10:59 AM
Which Denon? I am also considering the 9000 for disc stuff.
I think I could get really attracted to the digital stuff, though I want to learn how to mix with vinyl too. It just seems that vinyl is extremely limited when it comes to breaks, loops and other progressive stuff I am into.
Plus, I am having a hell of a time figuring out how to cue vinyl and hit the beats right...
Such is life..

BoatFloating
12-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
Which Denon? I am also considering the 9000 for disc stuff.
I think I could get really attracted to the digital stuff, though I want to learn how to mix with vinyl too. It just seems that vinyl is extremely limited when it comes to breaks, loops and other progressive stuff I am into.
Plus, I am having a hell of a time figuring out how to cue vinyl and hit the beats right...
Such is life..
I have the older Denon's, about 5 years old. There is some trick new stuff from Denon out there it's amazing. If they had that out there when I was doing clubs I would of switched sooner.
I think that vinyl is a art and the digital stuff any yahoo can pick it up (no disrespect intended) and start mixing. I was raised on vinyl and have been spinning for over 25 years (14). At my peak I was using 4 turntables and had up to five copies of a 12" single record to do some stuff you can do now on digtal with one copy, so I don't think it's that hard of a deal these days. I have a couple of good friends that DJ in Vegas and you should go see them work. One works at Rain in the Palms and the other studio 54. If you ever get to Vegas I'll hook ya up to go see them.

Havasu Hangin'
12-08-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Wicky
I was given the record collection last month....It has an estimated value of over $$$$750,000K....[/URL]
Wicky...wanna adopt me?

BoatFloating
12-08-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
Wicky...wanna adopt me?
Why, you can download his whole collection for free!:D
And plus you eat and drink too much!

Havasu Hangin'
12-08-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by BoatFloating
$750K will buy alot of Grey Goose for his new "son"...

BoatFloating
12-08-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
$750K will buy alot of Grey Goose for his new "son"...
About 15,306 bottles, that might get us through the weekend???

Havasu Hangin'
12-08-2003, 06:45 PM
About 15,306 bottles, that might get us through the weekend???
Sure...but what would you drink?
Also...we'll need at least 4 or 5 Red Bulls for mixers.

Froggystyle
12-08-2003, 09:53 PM
I have the older Denon's, about 5 years old. There is some trick new stuff from Denon out there it's amazing. If they had that out there when I was doing clubs I would of switched sooner.
I think that vinyl is a art and the digital stuff any yahoo can pick it up (no disrespect intended) and start mixing. I was raised on vinyl and have been spinning for over 25 years (14). At my peak I was using 4 turntables and had up to five copies of a 12" single record to do some stuff you can do now on digtal with one copy, so I don't think it's that hard of a deal these days. I have a couple of good friends that DJ in Vegas and you should go see them work. One works at Rain in the Palms and the other studio 54. If you ever get to Vegas I'll hook ya up to go see them.
I would love to go see them. I am a huge fan of serious turntableists, and do feel it is an art. I am also a musician, and understand the value of making your own music, but respect a great DJ to a large degree.
I have no interest in buying 5 copies of the stuff I am thinking of mixing, or the turntables to put them on. I am far more interested in digital loops than fades and trickery personally. That, and I already have 5,900 good songs on my hard drive. I would like to be able to utilize my music library, and my CDR doesn't burn vinyl!
I just want to mix at my house parties and have freinds over to spin at them... you know the deal.
Talk to you later,
Wes

Infomaniac
12-09-2003, 02:15 AM
Hey Froggy,
If your looking for records to put on that turntable, I am your man.
My family built and owned KWOW 1600am for over 40 years.
They sold it in 88'. I was given the record collection last month.
Total weight was over 7 tons est. I've sold three 45's on ebay but, would really like to sell the whole collection. This goes out to anyone. I will give you Froggy, 3% of the sale if you ink the deal and show me the money. It has an estimated value of over $$$$750,000K. This includes just about everything from 1950-1988. The format of Kwow was big band stuff in the fiftys. Country western in the 60's and early 70's. The format was changed to rock in the 70's. In the mid 70's it was changed to Oldies but Goodies. My Dad automated the station. Records were played once or twice and saved to reel to reel, so the majority of these records are near mint condition. At last count there were 50 or so beatles 45's all in near mint condition. Tons of Elvis. Tons of oldies but goodies.
Check this out!! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2578025609&category=20811&rd=1)
How much for shipping to Oklahoma 74011? :cool:

Wicky
12-09-2003, 05:56 AM
Why, you can download his whole collection for free!:D
Impossible!!!! I haven't uploaded it yet, nor do I think I ever will. That would be waaaaaay cool if it was though.
It would also take several years to do at a full time pace. 7 tons of records is overwhelming when you see it in person. Most music stores didn't have an inventory that big.
Info,
Unfortunately they are worth nothing until I find a buyer. When I do, you'll get your bottle of Grey Goose that you'll have to pick up in Havasu at the BBSP!!!!

Havasu Hangin'
12-09-2003, 06:43 AM
Info,
Unfortunately they are worth nothing until I find a buyer. When I do, you'll get your bottle of Grey Goose that you'll have to pick up in Havasu at the BBSP!!!!
Yeah, Info...you'll have to pick your bottle of Grey Goose up at BBSP!