PDA

View Full Version : Vdrive Gears Needed

Hallett
12-08-2003, 02:53 AM
IM LOOKING FOR SOME 36 GEARS FOR A CASALE V DRIVE
I HAVE 50'S IN THE SCHIADA I THINK THATS TO BIG.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

GofastRacer
12-08-2003, 04:59 AM
SuperDave should have what you need!..:cool:

Moneypitt
12-08-2003, 04:58 PM
Hey Bob, just run the thing in 2nd gear!!! probably work out about the same as changing to 36s....Look in to it before you change anything....What is the ratio for the th400 2nd gear?? Art, I'm sure you can add to this......Ray

havasulew
12-08-2003, 06:27 PM
Hey Bob, sounds like you need more power?

GofastRacer
12-08-2003, 06:40 PM
I agree you need to put more power to it!..BTW, 2nd gear in a 400 is 1:48!..:)

SK48
12-08-2003, 06:51 PM
Bob, what do you think the horsepower of your blown motor is ?
I think I would put the motor in and go drive it prior to changing gears. I know your Schiada is probably a bit heavier than my Hallett Vector, but I ran mine yesterday. I was incorrect on the gear that was in it. I checked and am running 54's. The supprising thing is it pulls them really well. I leave in second and shift at about 2500 and away you go. You can always change gears after you run it, its not a big job. Between Keith, Havasu Lew and myself, and others in your area we can get you through a gear change. I'm just glad your new boat doesn't have a black drive on the transom like your old one.
If you do change gears, keep me in mind as I would be interested in purchasing you 50 gears.
??? Havasu Lew what gear is in your Rush, I thought it was a 48, but you have a 580 inch motor if I remember correctly.

Hallett
12-08-2003, 08:18 PM
thanks guys for you help mabe i should run it first
and see where im at with the rpm's . i talked to a few
people at the parker race and they said the gear is to
big. we will see. the motor should be about 800 hp
with 8 lb's of boost.

Hallett
12-08-2003, 08:41 PM
rich how did your boat run & what kind of hp & speed did
you get out of her. that is one nice boat. i bet it ran hard
do tell.:wink:

SK48
12-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Bob, I don't know how fast it goes. It was my first time in the boat, and I was just checking things out. It feels completely different than my other Hallett Vector. It's much lighter feeling, has lots of torque and the steering is much faster. It is really fun to drive, more like a giant Biesemeyer. I ran up the river around 4000 rpms and that was it. It was cold and overcast, and no one else was around to rescue me if I did something stupid.

smalls
12-11-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by SK48
Bob, I don't know how fast it goes. It was my first time in the boat, and I was just checking things out. It feels completely different than my other Hallett Vector. It's much lighter feeling, has lots of torque and the steering is much faster. It is really fun to drive, more like a giant Biesemeyer. I ran up the river around 4000 rpms and that was it. It was cold and overcast, and no one else was around to rescue me if I did something stupid.
I have a set of 10deg 32s If you need um...........