PDA

View Full Version : anyone switch cell services yet ?

carbonmarine
12-08-2003, 10:57 AM
Thinking about switching from Sprint to T-Mobile...... anyone have any experiences good or bad ????
Rick32

al cole'holic
12-08-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
Thinking about switching from Sprint to T-Mobile...... anyone have any experiences good or bad ????
Rick32
..thinking of making the jump from Verizon to Cingular myself...? This past year my cel service has gone to hell with Verizon.

HM
12-08-2003, 11:28 AM
Read in the Wall Street Journal about a week ago that both T-Mobile and Cingular has the highest defection rates. They also have the highest complaint rates to the FCC.
As much as we like to hate Verizon, Sprint, and even AT&T, they have the lowest defection rates and lowest complaint rates. Verizon is considered to be the best (the hated least catagory!)
Nextel was right behind these guys - although their defection rates are expected to greatly increase after loosing the exclusive rights to Direct Connect two-way technology.

Lightning
12-08-2003, 11:42 AM
I have Cingular and do not like them at all - plus it does not work at the river. I am considering changing to Verizon.

carbonmarine
12-08-2003, 12:00 PM
NOTHING WORKS IN PARKER
Rick32

HOSS
12-08-2003, 12:06 PM
I have Cingular. Ben with themnow for about 8 yrs. I don`t switch cause I have good service. Went through the ROAM era and now with others defecting I think their rates will get better. When I was in marine sales my bill would periodically exceed 800 per month.

JetBoatRich
12-08-2003, 12:12 PM
I have sold several Nextel's the last couple weeks to people who wanted to switch over. Most people want to be able to talk to friends and family with Nextel.

FastTimmy
12-08-2003, 12:25 PM
I switched from AT&T to T-Mobil early this year. I have enjoyed great coverage in lake havasu. I used to get 300.00$ phone bills with AT&T now I get 1000 minuts for 39.00$.
It was a hard change to do being that I had been with AT&T for 9 years. I started with them when they were LA Cellular but the economics won...

svlperry
12-08-2003, 12:45 PM
go to nextel there the best work wherever your at at the river

JetBoatRich
12-08-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by svlperry
We are offering big discounts on phones right now for XMAS:D

Jordy
12-08-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by svlperry
I don't know what you're smoking but Nextels are horrible in Phoenix and don't work at all in Parker. That would be part of the river, at least in my book. I absolutley hate my Nextel. I think I could get better service with a paper cup and a string.
Nextel, the way business is undone. ;)

Doug H.
12-09-2003, 12:10 AM
Well then a paper cup it is, oh!.. don't forget the silly string, you might need that to shout across the river :D

novaguy
12-09-2003, 12:41 AM
Just switched from At&T to Verizon. All the people that I know that have Verizon, love it and they have the best reception. I absolutely hate AT&T and would not recommend that company to anyone unless they invest more money in their cell sites. Although, my phone worked bitchen at the river with full reception, it is useless in southern California.