PDA

View Full Version : Cam Rev kit

infotraker
12-08-2003, 05:13 PM
I was told by a engine builder that a rev kit will help eliminate valve float problems. I lost a intake valve (and head, 3 pistons) maybe from valve float. I am currently gathering new parts (head, pistons and probably all new stainless valves). I am running a BBC 468, hydrolic CC cam. I may go to a solid cam. Is a rev kit a good idea ? Thanks for any info.

Moneypitt
12-08-2003, 05:24 PM
IMO rev kits work! however, several of the heavy hitter cam co.s no longer sell them for the valve train kits.. This was discussed over at v-drive.com several months ago and the general opinion leaned away from them. We still run one in the PS boat, but even Engle Cams has discontinued them for BB. They still have them for SBC, Maybe just selling out existing stock...Ask your cam supplier for their input......Moneypitt

Fiat48
12-08-2003, 05:41 PM
Rev kits went out with the advent of better valve springs.

BGMAN203
12-08-2003, 05:56 PM
I will have to agree with that. If you have a good set of valve springs, rev kits are use less. They are just something else in the valve train to break. Just my $.02

GofastRacer
12-08-2003, 06:44 PM
Yep It also has to do with the newer lobe profiles, they are not as aggressive as the old days, even with the better springs if you were to use an old profile, you would still need a rev kit!..