PDA

View Full Version : How fast would this boat go?

zmoz
12-09-2003, 05:02 PM
I'm somewhat interested in a boat someone is selling. It's an 18' jet, with a 454. I don't know what hull it is, but its one of the ones that sits really low in the water. Very few, if any, engine performance mods, and through hull exhaust. How fast do you guys think that would go? (aproximately)
Thanks ;)

likeFATHERlikeSON3
12-09-2003, 05:04 PM
60 maybe

TRG
12-09-2003, 05:07 PM
provided the info given...guaranteed 40-60mph!!! (if pump/ motor is tight) i think that is a safe guesstimate!

Heatseeker
12-09-2003, 05:26 PM
Hey Ryan, who's rump?
Anyone I know :) ?
Sorry for the highjack. Like these guys said, you're probably looking at a 60 mph boat.

Kindsvater Flat
12-09-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Heatseeker
Hey Ryan, who's rump?
Anyone I know :) ?
Sorry for the highjack. Like these guys said, you're probably looking at a 60 mph boat.
I think he said in another thread that its was his wife in the shower turned sideways.

zmoz
12-09-2003, 05:41 PM
That's about what I thought...thanks. :)

Heatseeker
12-09-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
I think he said in another thread that its was his wife in the shower turned sideways.
His wife!!! I hope his girlfriend doesn't hear about this!!! She's a little hottie!!!

Duke
12-09-2003, 07:33 PM
I'm doing about 55 (running side by side w/ another boat) in an Advantage (same as rogers hull) 18' w/ a basicly stock 454 and a berkley 12je-a pump.
so there you go:D

1Bahnerjet
12-10-2003, 07:04 PM
And you know with a Jet its not how Fast you go, But how Quick you get There :D :cool:

Duke
12-10-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by 1Bahnerjet
And you know with a Jet its not how Fast you go, But how Quick you get There :D :cool:
or how fast you can AFFORD to go:D ... that must be why im stuck at 55:D

HotHallet
12-11-2003, 04:04 PM
Duke- Get a Diverter!

Moneypitt
12-11-2003, 04:28 PM
Anyone that is looking to buy ANY boat should request the owner put it in the water. Offer to pay the fees that it takes to get the boat wet, offer to pay for the gas, tow vehicle and boat, ride in the boat, check out leaks, noises, vibrations etc. Take along a hand held GPS, to check ACTUAL speed, look for oil leaks, engine water leaks, etc. Make it known that IF you buy the boat, the costs incured WILL be deducted from the price, but if you pass, at least the seller won't be out the cash to test drive the boat. Very few people would buy a car, new or used, without driving it, but lots of people buy boats that are supposed to be "turn key", but turn out to be their "turn with the wallet" after the purchase....If the seller has some excuse as to why they can't float the boat, pass on the deal until they fix what ever problem the boat has... Just a warning, alot of engines sound really good on the trailer, but gernade on the first trip to the water....Buyer beware!! Make them get it wet!!!! Moneypitt

Duke
12-11-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by HotHallet
Duke- Get a Diverter!
I was looking at the one of e-bay :)

Squirtcha?
12-12-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Moneypitt
Anyone that is looking to buy ANY boat should request the owner put it in the water. Offer to pay the fees that it takes to get the boat wet, offer to pay for the gas, tow vehicle and boat, ride in the boat, check out leaks, noises, vibrations etc. Take along a hand held GPS, to check ACTUAL speed, look for oil leaks, engine water leaks, etc. Make it known that IF you buy the boat, the costs incured WILL be deducted from the price, but if you pass, at least the seller won't be out the cash to test drive the boat. Very few people would buy a car, new or used, without driving it, but lots of people buy boats that are supposed to be "turn key", but turn out to be their "turn with the wallet" after the purchase....If the seller has some excuse as to why they can't float the boat, pass on the deal until they fix what ever problem the boat has... Just a warning, alot of engines sound really good on the trailer, but gernade on the first trip to the water....Buyer beware!! Make them get it wet!!!! Moneypitt
I absolutely agree with all this. I might even take it one step further. If the seller has made speed claims, take a gps with and tell him to knock off $100 per every mph it does under the claim, then watch him backpedal on his claim (unless he was honest to begin with). I know of one instance where the guy would've saved himself $1000 on a Rogers he bought. The claim was 70+ and it ended up doing just a tick over 60

1Bahnerjet
12-12-2003, 07:35 AM
If I took Moneypitt's advice my Bahner wouldn't be sittin' in my Backyard :rolleyes:
As it is I corrected most of its Problems and now I have a Mostly Sound Boat & still under 7 Grand. (some replacement part I got for Free, like Monster Garage :D )

MAXIMUS
12-12-2003, 08:32 AM
If havasu homo did the work I would doubt it would get on plane!:p

Havasu47
12-12-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by MAXIMUS
If havasu homo did the work I would doubt it would get on plane!:p
Hey fag:yuk:
This was way too easy to find. You're it.