PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Homeowners

Havasu Cig
12-10-2003, 09:07 AM
Just got a packet in the mail this morning about installing sewer in Havasu.
It will be installed between July 04 and July 05. Cost will be 2k and can be payed in full, or financed over 10 years at 4% ($20.00 a month).
Just an FYI.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-10-2003, 09:09 AM
That's good to know. We supposedly won't be getting the sewer installed for another 5-7 years. Hopefully the price to install stays constant, as it was advertised, but I suspect, as with all municipal projects, it will go up.

Havasu Cig
12-10-2003, 09:15 AM
5-7 years???? I guess the time schedule they gave us was just for our house.
I am happy about it...I was planinng on building anothe garage at our house next to the current one, but the septic would have to be moved. Now I don't have to worry about it.:cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
12-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
5-7 years???? I guess the time schedule they gave us was just for our house.
Yes, we're in the last zone, whatever number that is. Since we are at the top of McCulloch we get the sewer connection basically last. What bums me out is that we have the front yard landscaped and by that time it will be pretty mature and the septic tank is in the front yard right undeneath all of the landscaping.

Essex502
12-10-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
Yes, we're in the last zone, whatever number that is. Since we are at the top of McCulloch we get the sewer connection basically last. What bums me out is that we have the front yard landscaped and by that time it will be pretty mature and the septic tank is in the front yard right undeneath all of the landscaping.
Don't they just cap off the tank? Are they planning on ripping the tank out of the ground? Hell, all that's in there is high grade fertilizer anyway!
Yeah, I heard we're quite a ways away as well.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-10-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Essex502
Don't they just cap off the tank? Are they planning on ripping the tank out of the ground?
I'm not actually sure what they are going to do. The main line from the hosue runs out to the tank so even if all they did was cap the tank off I would suspect that they need to get down to the tank so that they could then route the line from the main line from the hosue to the sewer line in the street.

Essex502
12-10-2003, 12:54 PM
Maybe when the date gets nearer...we'll be upgrading and have a different place out there!

cola
12-10-2003, 07:01 PM
They will pump the tank & fill it with sand. But they will still have to get to the lids & extend the pipe to the street. Won't be to bad.
Later, Mike

Essex502
12-11-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by cola
They will pump the tank & fill it with sand. But they will still have to get to the lids & extend the pipe to the street. Won't be to bad.
Later, Mike
Still sounds like the landscape will be torn up to some extent.:(

cola
12-11-2003, 07:38 AM
It's only gravel. j/k
late,

Havasu_Dreamin
12-11-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by cola
It's only gravel. j/k
late,
No, that's true, it's just colored and contoured gravel! :D

cola
12-11-2003, 08:07 AM
LOL !!!

2LKHVSU
12-11-2003, 08:19 AM
We had ours done in July. We were one of the first in town.
The only downside is that you pay $20.00 a month for the loan, and $23.00 a month minumim sewer fee. So now its $43.00 a month, and I cannot tell any difference. As far as the landscaping, they take a picture and but it back the way it was. They even trimmed all the plants. From what I have heard, if you have a pool your sewer fee is calculated by water use, so all that water that evaporates you pay a sewer fee on. From a friend, he said its going to be around $100.00 a month in the summer.
Brett

Havasu Cig
12-11-2003, 08:47 AM
Great...We have a pool:rolleyes:

RiverRatMike
12-11-2003, 09:17 AM
I just bought a new home here this passed May. The realitor told me about this. Hope it doesn't get to expensive!

TrojanDan
12-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Is this $2k at least tax deductible? :confused:

LaveyJet
12-11-2003, 10:58 AM
Sounds like an assessment fee just to get the sewer built, whatÂ’s the connection fee when you want to hook up?

hd&boatrider
12-11-2003, 11:10 AM
The person to address issues with that can probably answer any questions is Nodigg. He owns a cement fabrication company out in LHC and makes septic tanks, etc. He has followed this very close as it impacts his business.
He isn't checking his em's as much but you can probably send him a PM and get a response.

2LKHVSU
12-11-2003, 12:08 PM
The $2000.00 covers all costs. Including connection fee.

Ziggy
12-11-2003, 01:31 PM
Supposedly I'm in the 5-7 year range too, way up in the city on Kiowa.

TCHB
12-11-2003, 07:25 PM
Does anyone have a map and time line>

Sun burners
12-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
Supposedly I'm in the 5-7 year range too, way up in the city on Kiowa.
I am a bout 2 weeks later!

BoatPI
12-12-2003, 07:03 AM
City installed mine a few months ago.
1. Street was torn up for four months. Aparently the city decided to switch a contractor mid-stream. Nice. No updates, NO calls, no positive response. My pool woud fill up with dist every two hours. Just a disaster.
2. I argued in vain to have my SH&T flow downhill. I am on a 1/2 acre tier style lot. Three elevations to deal with. Tank was at the bottom lot. They would not do it. Contractors must have spent $20,000. Total of 175 feet on high pressure sewer line, electrial lines (220 volt) SH*T pump, cement fill, ,whew I am out of breath. You get the picture.
3. I have to pay for the electrical juice to pump my SH*T uphill.
4. Five year warranty on pump, then I own it. If it fails, I am SH*T out of luck.
Best part, it's over.
I STRONGLY suggest that when the contractor (nice work crews) trench up to the street, everyone consider laying in another water line to hook up to landscaping. Remember all water billed has a sewer surcharge every month. A seperate meter will be needed. My neighbor had their grass removed to eleminated water usage. Color Arts Landscaping is the contractor that replaces you damaged lancaping. They did a great job of that. Extra work at a fair price too.

2LKHVSU
12-12-2003, 07:05 AM
try this link, it shows the whole plan.
http://www.ci.lake-havasu-city.az.us/WebGIS/internet_gis.html

Essex502
12-12-2003, 07:47 AM
Not having a map here with me at the office I can't find my street on that link. But .... it looks like I'm in the 2004-2005 timeframe. Sux.

phebus
12-12-2003, 08:58 AM
It looks like my house is in the non-colored in area. I wonder what schedule that puts me on? :confused:

Essex502
12-14-2003, 03:23 PM
Just compared the sewer map to an actual map with street names....look's like we're in the "white" section with no planned date.

Mr.Havasu
12-16-2003, 02:59 PM
when they voted on it 2 years ago we were told we would be in the last 5 year phase ( 10 to 15 years out). We got the same envelope last week saying 7/04 to 7/05.
We didn't think we would have to worry about it for at least 10 years. Oh well.
We have a friend who lives on the golf course. They have a pool and have been on sewer for the whole time they have been in the house and his sewer fee runs a little over 100 a month. It is based on your winter time usage or it would be much worst.
On a positive note we are planning to add another garage with a little Apt. for my parents and would have to install another septic or upgrade our current one to a larger capacity. Now all we will have to do is coordinate the construction with the sewer hook up.

RiverRatMike
12-16-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by warlock25
when they voted on it 2 years ago we were told we would be in the last 5 year phase ( 10 to 15 years out). We got the same envelope last week saying 7/04 to 7/05.
We didn't think we would have to worry about it for at least 10 years. Oh well.
We have a friend who lives on the golf course. They have a pool and have been on sewer for the whole time they have been in the house and his sewer fee runs a little over 100 a month. It is based on your winter time usage or it would be much worst.
On a positive note we are planning to add another garage with a little Apt. for my parents and would have to install another septic or upgrade our current one to a larger capacity. Now all we will have to do is coordinate the construction with the sewer hook up.
Warlock25 so you got something in the mail about this sewer thing? I never did.