PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Show this weekend

jackpunx
12-10-2003, 10:56 AM
Its in long beach.. Anyone going.. We are going on Sat.

75_Elim
12-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
Its in long beach.. Anyone going.. We are going on Sat.
Just don't stay to long..... You have a long night ahead of you :D
And see if you can get some of those Bike girls to come with you to the party !!

jackpunx
12-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Im bringging one with me:D
She is a dirty dirt bike girl:eek:

Kilrtoy
12-10-2003, 07:17 PM
She is a dirty dirt bike girl
Those are the Best kind

Kilrtoy
12-10-2003, 07:18 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1110101.jpg
How about these....

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Hey i like that pic.. of us but that was before i got my x-mas presents.. :D :p

Kilrtoy
12-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Well show us the present(S)

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-10-2003, 07:33 PM
in time my dear in time.. :D

Kilrtoy
12-10-2003, 07:36 PM
Time will come today.
We have been waiting OH waiting ever so calmly

mbrown2
12-10-2003, 09:16 PM
Anybody have any info on the show? Where?

hd&boatrider
12-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
Anybody have any info on the show? Where?
I second that...what show is it?

CA Stu
12-10-2003, 11:56 PM
Here ya go (http://soc.motorcycleshows.com/)
CA Stu

hd&boatrider
12-11-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by CA Stu
CA Stu

Ducatista
12-11-2003, 03:20 PM
Be there for sure checking out "real bikes" that do something other than go in a straight line and look good. Love to watch all the lam's(look at me) and their non dot/snell approved kraut helmets and leather fring, as they pull out of the bars and such, on their really loud 85hp slugs! Hee Hee Harley boys...watch out for the yellow plague! :D

hd&boatrider
12-11-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
Be there for sure checking out "real bikes" that do something other than go in a straight line and look good. Love to watch all the lam's(look at me) and their non dot/snell approved kraut helmets and leather fring, as they pull out of the bars and such, on their really loud 85hp slugs! Hee Hee Harley boys...watch out for the yellow plague! :D
Sounds like someone thinks there answer to "riding" is the only one that really matters....lol Damn, I don't give a shit what kind of bike YOU ride. Whatever.....to each his own.

Ducatista
12-12-2003, 12:23 PM
I knew my post would get a rise out of you...lol....relax :cool:

CA Stu
12-12-2003, 04:55 PM
They're both V-twins with older tech.
At least HD's has valve springs :)
Do you know why Ducs have desmodronic valves, Ducatista?
CA Stu <-- Triumph Triples are the only way to go, torque like a twin, powerband like a four...

mbrown2
12-12-2003, 07:35 PM
CA Stu

Ducatista
12-15-2003, 10:58 AM
They're both V-twins with older tech.
At least HD's has valve springs :)
Do you know why Ducs have desmodronic valves, Ducatista?
CA Stu <-- Triumph Triples are the only way to go, torque like a twin, powerband like a four... Acutally the Duc's are L-twins or 90 degree twins, and yes the Desomdromic design has been around for a long time. To obtain good results with a spring system, it is necessary to find a compromise between heavier spring loading requirements (possibility to turn at high RPM, while preventing valve bounce) and lighter spring loading requirements (loss control, loss being the amount of work necessary to open the valves against the spring loading: it should be remembered that the camshaft is driven by the engine; and smaller sizing of the parts involved, proportional to the spring loading).
These problems are all solved by a desmodromic system: smoothness (and consequently, decreased losses) at low RPM and reliability at high RPM (without valve bounce) are obtained.
Ducati has consistently used its desmodromic system ever since 1956. It is the only manufacturer in the world to have applied it to anything from standard production bikes to Superbike glory: the achieved standard of excellence mirrors Ducati corporate technology.
Maybe there is a good Duc joke hear....Ok Ca Stu...Why do Duc's use the Desmo design?