PDA

View Full Version : Saving a spot, ok or no?

DogHouse
12-11-2003, 02:17 PM
Curious as to what some of you think about this. When a beach is busy (like the channel for example) and people save spots for their friends, turning away other boats who want to park there, do you think that's ok or not? Normally I don't care too much, but at the parade of lights there was a group that saved two spots, one of which was never filled. No big deal, we parked across on the other side, but it was mildly annoying since I much prefer the island side if I'm going to be there for a while.
I know that some will just barge on in regardless, but that doesn't make for very "neighborly" relations! :eek:

Havasu Cig
12-11-2003, 02:27 PM
It depends...
If they have a boat that is right behind them and they want to park together i think that is ok.
If they are saving a spot, on a busy day / night, for somebody that is not even there yet that is not cool. Parking is to scarce in the Channel now to rope off an area imo.

Keith E. Sayre
12-11-2003, 02:30 PM
While I don't claim to be the "local" in charge, the rule that has
almost always been agreed on is that there is absolutely no
saving places in the channel. I don't have any idea who made that rule or for how long it has been in place but the "regulars"
in the channel stick to it. Whatever that means.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-11-2003, 02:30 PM
was it us.. hehehe.. :D

HOOTER SLED-
12-11-2003, 02:41 PM
I think its OK. Especially if your friends get caught up at the launch or something. I would be cool about it though with the other peeps. Some people get ****ing attitudes when it comes to the shore thing. I always try to make room, and if someone is coming back, just tell the people it's cool to stay there and try to make room when the others come back. It's all about courtesy and the tone.

Havasu Cig
12-11-2003, 02:44 PM
I actually had a drunk bitch jump in front of our boat while I was beaching it to try and save a spot. Needless to say, the boat hit her and she ended up under the tunnel.
Her husband started to talk shit, but then decided to back off since he was all of about 125 pounds.
He must get his ass kicked alot with a wife like that.:rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
12-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Especially if your friends get caught up at the launch
They need to learn how to launch then.....
YOUR BOAT DID NOT HIT HER,
she hit the boat. DUMB ASS
ANd her husband is a dumb ass also
now if your buddy took off to getsomeone and or he went on a quick run save the spot
Other wise get on they shouldnt have been late.....

Havasu Cig
12-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Good point...I actually told her husband to make sure his "bitch" did not touch my boat anymore.
We avoid the Channel now more than we used to in part because of this problem.
I do not need to get myself in trouble.;)

hot_diggity_dog
12-11-2003, 03:35 PM
It's not OK to save spots!!!!
If I pull into the channel and there is no spots, all spots are fair game.
So get the fock out of the way and move your beach chairs. LOL
HDD:cool:

Ducatista
12-11-2003, 03:52 PM
Its first come first serve but if everyone is polite about it, its usually no big deal. If someone asked me not to park cuz there waiting for a friend, and there is other parking around the area, I would oblige them if they are nice about it. If they have an attitude I would probably still move cuz who wants to be next to an ass-hole anyways. If someone parked their boat in a spot I was trying to hold open, after I asked them nicely if they would mind, no big deal my friend will find a place to park somewhere. People can be rude, which is kinda of aggravating, and the channel can really attract the dick wads. :mad:

DogHouse
12-11-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
was it us.. hehehe.. :D
YOU again? :D
Don't even remember what the boats looked like... Except that they were those d@mn V hulls! ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-11-2003, 04:08 PM
well then it wasn't us.. ;) we were with all the cats .. plus ours.. serriously was it us we were at the corner with about 4 boats.. all were cats then ours.. :D if it was i would have let you in.. :D

DogHouse
12-11-2003, 04:14 PM
I don't think so, but for all I know it could have been. By that time I was more concerned with what was in the ice chest rather than worrying about a parking spot! :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-11-2003, 04:16 PM
i don't think it was us but you would have noticed our boat i think.. but all the ones we had with us were DCB's :D

DogHouse
12-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Definitely not you then.
I would never attempt to park next to a bunch of DCB drivers!
:D

SDLifesaver
12-11-2003, 04:27 PM
The people who were saving spots with the ropes tied across the back of their boats all afternoon on the west side of the channel near the bathrooms and condo's know who they are. It was kinda bogus, but what are you going to do? I could see 1 spot with your boat kinda sideways, but ropes??????????? My .02

Havasu Hangin'
12-11-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
I actually had a drunk bitch jump in front of our boat while I was beaching it to try and save a spot. Needless to say, the boat hit her and she ended up under the tunnel.
Her husband started to talk shit, but then decided to back off since he was all of about 125 pounds.
That's funny...good thing it wasn't the Cig!
We just leave some gaps...then pull the boats in tight when someone shows up...
...and have alot of big guys around.

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by SDLifesaver
The people who were saving spots with the ropes tied across the back of their boats all afternoon on the west side of the channel near the bathrooms and condo's know who they are. It was kinda bogus, but what are you going to do? I could see 1 spot with your boat kinda sideways, but ropes??????????? My .02
well i know who your talking about but it was not tied to our boat.. we were about three down from that.. :D

77charger
12-11-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
It depends...
If they have a boat that is right behind them and they want to park together i think that is ok.
If they are saving a spot, on a busy day / night, for somebody that is not even there yet that is not cool. Parking is to scarce in the Channel now to rope off an area imo.
My thought on this also.Use it or lose it and if i like it and it is open i am pullin in

CA Stu
12-11-2003, 05:16 PM
I drive a 1972 Bayliner with a railroad tie hanging on the bow.
Lookout folks, Daddy's beachin' ;)
Don't save spots, how the hell are you gonna make any new friends that way?
CA Stu