PDA

View Full Version : K Boats

WILDERTHANU
12-11-2003, 07:52 PM
THESE K'S ARE JUST PLAIN BITCHEN......WHATS THE DEAL. ARE WE EVER GOING TO SEE THEM IN REAL COMPETITION AGAIN ? ? ? THE DRAG RACERS HAD TO ADAPT AFTER YEARS OF FIGHTING THE CAPSULES( MANY STILL DO), WHY CANT THE CIRCLES. I KNOW IM JUST A PUNK KID BUT SHIT...I WOULDNT MIND A CAPSULE. MANY OF THE DRAG RACERS I TALK TO LIKE THEM AS WELL.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/275167billy_boat-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/275167outcast-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/275167kkkks-med.jpg
THESE GUYS DONT HAVE ANY WORRIES ABOUT RACING UNDER GLASS.....
http://www.f1boat.com/02/malaysia/photos/action/Ariff/bocca2.jpg

burbanite
12-11-2003, 07:57 PM
I understand what you are saying WILDERTHANU but it just wouldn't be right...

Kindsvater Flat
12-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Its safe to wear a rubber but who wants to. Thats the best way I can put it.:D

WILDERTHANU
12-11-2003, 08:32 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119K5_1_.JPG

BGMAN203
12-11-2003, 08:38 PM
I think not having you full vision would be a problem in that type of racing. I know the drag guys have a harder time seeing when they are under the lid. Maybe they would need a spotter if they ran the k-s under glass??

WILDERTHANU
12-11-2003, 08:46 PM
VISION.....THE COST...HAVING TO CUT YOUR BOAT UP......JUST PLAIN LIKING OPEN BOATS BETTER....WHO DOSENT. I KNOW TONS OF OLDER BIKERS THAT SWORE THEY WOULD NEVER WEAR A HELMET RIDING DOWN THE ROAD AS WELL. I JUST THINK THOSE BOATS ARE SO KICK ASS YOU KIND OF HAVE TO GIVE AND TAKE A BIT. I KNOW IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL TO THE SPORT, YOU WOULD SEE MORE AND MORE RETURNING TO SPECTATE.

hboldno7
12-11-2003, 09:08 PM
http://www.f1boat.com/02/malaysia/photos/action/Ariff/bocca2.jpg [/B][/QUOTE]
Hey, Who let the Blender in ?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-11-2003, 09:48 PM
VAN WILDER,
This is a can of worms your opening.
Maybe they would be better on a big course like they run back east, but on a 2 pin course??? I wouldn't want one.
Even if everyone wanted them (and they definately do not).
The cost is a major complaint.
The ability to sell your boat to anyone other than a racer is a deterent.
As far as the boats themselves being fitted... a lot of testing has been and still needs to be done. Unlike the break-a-way dragboat capsules these need to withstand multi-directional G forces. There are a few currently out there but which one if any should be adopted?
One of the reasons the "K" class has all but dissapeared is no one wants to put up any money. Given that...
What about rescue? Almost all the races that I attend have a different rescue team at every race. Whos gonna pay to have a rescue team that follows the circuit trained specifically for capsules?? These kinds of capsules??
The outboard guys have made them work but they have a strong boat count, lots of cash and a boat that is perfectly designed to accomidate a capsule. (The champ boat guys really do have thier shit together)
K boat fatalities DO NOT stand out above the other inboard classes. Are they really necessary???
The video guys .02 cents and BTW cool pics!!:cool: :cool:

superdave013
12-11-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by burbanite
I understand what you are saying WILDERTHANU but it just wouldn't be right...
Come on Burb. I'll take that from anyone but you.
Maybe you should send your Indy driver out with an open face helmet and tee shirt. You know, like Foyt did back in the day. :rolleyes:

Moneypitt
12-11-2003, 10:47 PM
It seems the rescue divers have a limit on how deep they can go to find a capsule/diver on the bottom.. Some race venues are over 80 feet deep, and capsules DO sink to the bottom. A driver thrown clear, even if injured, will float, allowing rescue personel to locate, and assist them. This is a very touchy subject, and the results of APBA decisions will have serious impacts on this sport. The cost, the boat mods, the drivers choices, will all play a role in the future. Are we really trying to keep the sport dangerous? No, I don't think so. Are we trying to leave this decision up to the people that drive these boats? Yes. If APBA would go with the word,"recomend", then the choice would be there. If you look at a boats with the capsule, they look faster, slicker through the air and when they continue to win, well, then some of the "open" boat guys MAY change their minds.. APBA COULD also discount the fees to the closed boats, and over the long run absorb some of the cost to the boat owners making the change.. But to say you MUST, just isn't right. There has to be another way!..Moneypitt

burbanite
12-12-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
Come on Burb. I'll take that from anyone but you.
Maybe you should send your Indy driver out with an open face helmet and tee shirt. You know, like Foyt did back in the day. :rolleyes:
Maybe I should have put one of these :wink: after my reply...It was a little tongue in cheek but didn't come out that way.
I think the scenarios are a little different also, it would be more like sending our guy out without a survival cell monocoque although, given the choice, Foyt would probably still do it that way :)
Do I think capsules are the answer for K's?, I'm not qualified to comment on that, I just like the way they look now.

WILDERTHANU
12-12-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by V-DRIVE VIDEO
VAN WILDER,
This is a can of worms your opening.
Maybe they would be better on a big course like they run back east, but on a 2 pin course??? I wouldn't want one.
Even if everyone wanted them (and they definately do not).
The cost is a major complaint.
As far as the boats themselves being fitted... a lot of testing has been and still needs to be done. Unlike the break-a-way dragboat capsules these need to withstand multi-directional G forces. There are a few currently out there but which one if any should be adopted?
One of the reasons the "K" class has all but dissapeared is no one wants to put up any money. Given that...
What about rescue? Almost all the races that I attend have a different rescue team at every race. Whos gonna pay to have a rescue team that follows the circuit trained specifically for capsules?? These kinds of capsules??
The outboard guys have made them work but they have a strong boat count, lots of cash and a boat that is perfectly designed to accomidate a capsule. (The champ boat guys really do have thier shit together)
K boat fatalities DO NOT stand out above the other inboard classes. Are they really necessary???
The video guys .02 cents and BTW cool pics!!:cool: :cool:
...................OH

wsuwrhr
12-12-2003, 08:28 PM
I am not hardly qualified to make a statement on this subject.
Although I will probably get blasted for this statement....
I can tell you if the capsule had A/C in it, that would add to the cool factor at the river. Pulling up to the sandbar or Needles in a capsule boat.
Brian

Monkey Bung
12-12-2003, 08:31 PM
I say let them run the way they are. the problem is that guys might get hurt......and if they keep getting hurt or killed it will be shut down and nothin but lake racing then.Then what no sponsers no fans????Same bullshit happend to drag boats. Anyone tell me.....why IHBA is'nt even on the same ball field as NHRA??? Don't get me wrong I love cars like the next guy but the public does not accept boats as they do cars. Guess the majority of the public has never ridin or drove a fast boat. What does that tell ya? We are in a league of our own,and GOD bless us. The BUNG:wink:

126driver
12-12-2003, 09:08 PM
This is a can of worms your opening. <SNIP>
Well-said chief. ;) :cool:

Kim Hanson
12-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by hboldno7
http://www.f1boat.com/02/malaysia/photos/action/Ariff/bocca2.jpg
Hey, Who let the Blender in ? [/B][/QUOTE]
:mad: If he can do it:cool: What's the problem with a wacker now?............( . )( . )..............:confused:

Rexone
12-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Kim the only resemblence of the whacker in this pic and yours are the trees in the background. :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-12-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
I am not hardly qualified to make a statement on this subject.
Although I will probably get blasted for this statement....
I can tell you if the capsule had A/C in it, that would add to the cool factor at the river. Pulling up to the sandbar or Needles in a capsule boat.
Brian
I guess if you think capsules are cool!!:rolleyes: :D
Do you still have your jet???? Thats it!!! A turqoise, mopar jet, pullin up at the sandbar with a billet capsule!! Go For It!!:D :D :D

Kim Hanson
12-12-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
Kim the only resemblence of the whacker in this pic and yours are the trees in the background. :D
Mikey now , I know you will eat anything....but that is like comparing your's to a "TAF", nough said!.........( . )( . )..........:wink:

burbanite
12-13-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
You one funny f**cker Mike :D :D :D

BILLY.B
12-13-2003, 01:54 PM
Taking a perfectly good K-Boat and cutting it up for a Capsule & installing the Capsule $12.000 (:yuk: ). Then sticking it on a one pin course with 7 other inexperienced K drivers with blinders on
PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
I'm all for the saftey aspect and bringing the K's back, but with lack of sponsorship and lack of big race courses ( 1 2/3 rd's), except for Burley Idaho, I don't see how you could run the K's without some guys running over each other and tearing up a bunch of equipment. Now running around the island at Phoenix might work:D :D

WILDERTHANU
12-13-2003, 03:10 PM
I THINK A BIGGER COURSE MIGHT BE AWESOME....GIVE 'EM A LITTLE MORE ROOM LET 'EM FLY. MAYBE A LITTLE RESEMBLANCE OF MY OTHER FAVORITE MOTORSPORT!!! I'D SAY LIKE THE SIZE OF MARTINSVILLE.....
http://www.nascar.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2002/10/20d/beatin_bangin.jpg

Scarlotti
12-13-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
Taking a perfectly good K-Boat and cutting it up for a Capsule & installing the Capsule: $12.000 (:yuk: ).
Then sticking it on a one pin course with 7 other inexperienced K drivers with blinders on: $15,000
Having Jim Anderson AKA Billy B paint the TERD: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Excellent post Jim. Can you tell your brother to call me please,,,

WILDERTHANU
12-14-2003, 11:08 AM
I guess if you think capsules are cool!!:rolleyes: :D
Do you still have your jet???? Thats it!!! A turqoise, mopar jet, pullin up at the sandbar with a billet capsule!! Go For It!!:D :D :D
THATS SOME FUNNY SHIT....