PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Blue

cola
12-13-2003, 04:05 PM
Anyone up for a breakfast run to the island. 8:30 @ newport or Davies. 3'-5' @ 14sec
Late, Mike&Kim

Faster Daddy
12-15-2003, 10:16 PM
Mike, Should be getting the boat back with covers Friday, let me know if you want to make a run after that.
Later. :D

LAVEYSABRE575
12-15-2003, 10:20 PM
faster saw your boat at lavy today very nice, what are they doing to it...derek

WILD LAVEY
12-16-2003, 02:15 AM
cola & faster, let me know i if you guys plan on heading out sunday. ill come out and play.

Faster Daddy
12-16-2003, 04:35 PM
posted by LAVEYSABRE575
faster saw your boat at lavy today very nice, what are they doing to it...derek
Thanks for the kind words. I picked my boat up before all work was finished so that I could make it to the poker run in Oct so Chris didn't have enough time to get the Bow and cockpit covers finished. The trailer also goes back to extreem for brake adjustment, a new trailer mount ratchet tie-down and touch-up some rust that started to come through.
Did you get a look at the new 28'? :cool:
Wild Lavey, Sunday works for me if the weather doesn't suck too bad. 65 MPH gusts at the house last night - lost my canopy enclosure

cola
12-16-2003, 07:20 PM
We are trying to go to the parade in Newport on Sat. night & stay the night on the boat. Then Sunday run over to Catalina. Like you said if the weather calms down. Maybe if we have time we can run down south & hook-up going over. We might want to run around the island so gas might keep us from running down to Oceanside first. I will call on Sat. to see whats up.
Late, Mike&Kim

LAVEYSABRE575
12-17-2003, 12:25 AM
faster i saw the new 28 deck bad ass boat, im hopeing to get my boat back in a couple weeks, mines the cat on the showroom. ...derek

Faster Daddy
12-17-2003, 04:51 PM
Cola, sounds good - I'll give you a ring Saturday.

shockwavebd
12-17-2003, 08:32 PM
I think the water is gonna be good I drive by HB and newport everyday and it has been really flat with 2 to 3 foot surf ..we will be going also out of HB
Barry

cola
12-19-2003, 08:16 AM
Berry,
We need to hook-up on Sunday. Hope we don't freeze if we end up sleeping in the boat. I wonder how tight they are if I left it tied @ the closed side of the launch in back bay for the night. I could pull it out & leave it in the parking lot without washing for the night. Just hate not washing the trailer. ???? Berry I don't think I still have your #, give me a call later (909) 377-6110.
Thanks, Mike

Faster Daddy
12-19-2003, 11:41 PM
Cola,
What time are you heading over? Meet for breakfast/Lunch? Trip around Island? Let us know so that we can make plans to hook-up with you & Berry, Starloans and I will be making the trip over out of Oceanside. If you want call me at home tomorrow, I'm sure I'll just be watching the games.
Wild Lavey still coming?
Catch you later,
Brian

cola
12-21-2003, 06:32 PM
Brain, sorry I boned-out again, the weather was the shit this morning. It cleared up at about 10:00 so we went to Perris Lake. Dana Boats were out & shooting a layout or adds for Hot Boat. Girls looked a little cold. Wasn't like running out to Catalina. Oh well, at least we got the boat wet.
Later, Mike&Kim

cola
12-21-2003, 08:51 PM
T & B it looks like it's 50+ miles from Oceanside, I haven't left from there. Faster & Starloan's country, they'll know for sure. We will try next week-end again.
Later, Mike&Kim

Faster Daddy
12-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Cola,
You're wishin you woulda hooked that boat up and made the drive. The sky cleared by about 9:30 and by about 20 miles out the water turned to glass. It was a beautiful ride! Lunched, walked a bit on the Island and back on my sofa by 3:00 in time to catch some football. :D
FYI - 54 miles from O'side harbor to Avalon.
I'm ready to go next weekend but skys will probably be grey. Let me know if you're up for taking a run, it would have to be a pretty shitty day before I said no. Mike don't feel to bad, Starloans didn't make it either, Jack Daniels flu or something :eek: :D
Catch you later.
Brian

cola
12-23-2003, 07:25 AM
Sh*t I knew that would happen. I'am droping the boat off at Essex this morning to service the outdrive. In & out the same day, they don't want to keep it. Works for me.
Starloan, I hear runs with the Captain. All though if he was alone?
Later, Mike

cola
12-24-2003, 11:40 PM
Looks like rain again on Sunday. I might have to start riding the YZ again on Sundays & off one day during the week to use the boat. I will give it a try on Sunday.
Late, Mike