PDA

View Full Version : Bottom by Bennett

BrendellaJet
12-14-2003, 07:16 PM
Before:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/212100_0099-med.JPG
After:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/212100_0526-med.JPG
In my quest for speed, I had Jeff fill in the delta pad-should help considerably with top speed and aid pump loading. Luckily for me he has experience with my hull and said that It is a very good design and is safe and capable of 100 mph.

UBFJ #454
12-14-2003, 07:39 PM
What exactly is the "Red Stuff"? What Product?

fourspeednup
12-14-2003, 07:41 PM
Hey brendellajet, did your boat spin out easily, or slide sideways before? I'm wondering about the pad on the bottom of my '76 brendella?:cool:

Cs19
12-14-2003, 08:02 PM
Your boat is coming along great, and it looks like you got the right guys helping you out. Should be a nice running boat when you are all done.

Cas
12-14-2003, 09:08 PM
did Jeff give you his thoughts on the delta pads? How much you will gain? benefits in the ride? better turning?
it's looking real good!

BrendellaJet
12-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Bear-the red stuff isn't red, its a mustard color...its evercoat rage-awesome stuff. There are many layers of work with several different materials...the rage is good for finish bodywork, very few pinholes...
fourspeednup-I spun the boat out once. Slow speed, over some rollers, did a 180. I later realized that my loader was busted in half, much of it was missing. He did say that this hull was used for circle racing, and that they would add fins to the bottom. Everything he told me suggested that this hull design is a solid performer and is capable of my 100mph goal.
CS-Thanks! Lots of time and $$$, but it will be worth it in the end!
Cas-All Jeff waid was that delta pads and Jets do not work together. Mike F once said that if you hold a knife under running water in a similartrajectory as the pad would be to the water, the water continues to flow as if it were still pouring over a knife, thus not loading the pump very well at all. Next do it with a spoon, simulating my new bottom. It is obvious that after doing this that the modification will help load the pump much harder.

UBFJ #454
12-15-2003, 08:50 AM
BrendellaJet - Thanks ... How thick a layer of the Evercoat Rage did you apply and is it epoxy or polyester based? Can you, did you, mix a filler with it to give it more consistency? The reason I'm asking is that I have to build up and shape an area about 8" x 12" x 7/16" on an overhead piece of fiberglass (non-cosmetic build up, must be able to withstand extreme lateral and vertical pressures) and 1) know very little about glass work, 2) need info on applicable materials and where to get them and, 3) am concerned about slumping after application to the overhead. Thanks in advance to you and anyone else for whatever help you/anyone can give me for this project.

BrendellaJet
12-15-2003, 09:04 AM
Bear- I dont know the base, but I bet you would be able to find something more suited to your application that can offer more strength-not that the rage is not a good product-just not its intended use. I know they make fillers that have strands of glass in them that are pretty strong, but it seems like you could build the amount you need with glass rather than filler-probably the best approach. You can get the rage and many other fillers at a professional auto body supply store... Maybe someone can offer more help.