PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Note from the Editors of ***boat

rrrr
12-16-2003, 02:48 PM
In the January issue, the Performance Evaluation test of Shockwave's 29' Magnatude incorrectly reports a top speed of 81.0 mph. One of our driver's data was inadvertantly left out of this boat's test information, and he recorded a top speed of 88.6 mph. We apologize for any confusion or bruised egos caused by this omission.
Oh, and we forgot to remind you to check out the two page Shockwave ad on Page 26 and 27.
:D :D :p :p

bigq
12-16-2003, 04:57 PM
This is the part that gets me..."We apologize for any confusion or bruised egos caused by this omission". It's more than just an ego this could effect a sale of a 29', or at least a consideration if it was that much slower than another 29'.
On the flip side, something tells me this is not the first time they had a misprint:rolleyes: . It seems to only happen almost every issue.:wink:
great magazine though.:D :D

Steamin' Rice
12-16-2003, 05:00 PM
Obviously I'm biased because I own a 29 Magnatude, but does anybody else think that this is a pretty important number to get correct? There is a big difference between 81 MPH and 88.6 MPH....

Edmond
12-16-2003, 05:24 PM
SR - I agree with you....but then again I am also biased! But if I was reading that article it would definately affect my decision.