PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a pure breed Yellow Lab!

bear down
12-17-2003, 05:43 PM
I am looking for a yellow lab but hoping not too pay too much. The cheapest I've seen has been $450.00. Hope someone has some contacts. Let me know

Sleek-Jet
12-17-2003, 06:10 PM
A friend of a friend just returned from Nebraska with a brand new black lab. I talked to him a little about the dog, where he got her, how much, blood lines. He says that labs are considerably cheaper (300.00 to 400.00) in Nebraska and no in-breeding, such as goes on around here.
So, you might check for some breaders in Nebraska.

bear down
12-17-2003, 06:19 PM
The thing about that is that you need to pay for the flight of the dog which is about $125 which brings the price up. There is no better feeling than picking out a dog from a litter and calling him/her your own. Thanks for the heads up though.

502procharger
12-17-2003, 06:26 PM
bear down
i know it sucks but you have to bite the bullet on price. like most anything else you get what you pay for. i know there are going to be people who got great dogs free from the pound or aspca. they are right you can get a great mut or sometimes even pure bread from the pound but you never really know what the deal was. good thing you are saving a dog, bad is you just never know. it is well worth it, even if you have to wait a little and save up some extra cash to go to a repuitable breeder. make sure you can play with all the puppies and meet the parents and see how they are and look. labs looks and temperment can really very so take the time to find a puppy whos parents look the way you want your dog to look when he/she grows up. just my .02

bear down
12-17-2003, 06:38 PM
We got lucky with our last dog. $250 bucks with papers but she is also black, yellow labs are more expensive. Having the money is not the issue but paying $600 bucks is, that is a lot of trips to Havasu!. I think if I search around I might find something. We tried going through an adoption agency and we were denied because we keep our dogs out side during the day and in at night go figure. It was either that or the pic of our current dog passed out.
Thanks for the feedback!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/328Dsc01091-med.jpg

Sleek-Jet
12-17-2003, 06:45 PM
Some of the adoption (aka breed rescue) people are pretty zealouse. I think they forget that these are dogs. Every lab that I've seen loves to be outside. Our family dog wouldn't stay in more than a few hours, especially in the winter, she loved the snow and being outside.
I understand about the distance thing and getting a new puppy. A few of us are planning a trip up there next spring to look at dogs.

LASERRAY
12-17-2003, 06:55 PM
Winnie Linborn is a Very well known Labrador breeder and has been for years in the So, Cal area. Top notch blood lines, and champions. I believe that she is in Lancaster. Another good breeder is McMillian Labs in Canyon Country. I bought a Chocolate Lab from McMillian. He was a Great Dog I might add, he died a year ago. Big Heads on his labs. His Labs came from Winnie Linborn's stock. Just remember, you get what you pay for. I paid $350 back in 1990. Not sure about these days. I'm between dogs right now.

brianwhiteboy
12-17-2003, 06:59 PM
Try AAALabs.com.....thery're out there off the 60 freeway near the 15.
I bought a yellow female lab two years ago from them and then bought a chocolate female lab there about 8 months ago. It's a husband and wife that run the place and they've always got pups on the way. Yeah.. you will pay around $600 but it's well worth it. My dogs are healthy and well tempered. Plus the dogs come with AKC papers and a health guarantee.
You could shop around and find some for a lower price, but when it comes to something like a dog you want to make sure the breeders know what they're doing. My manager bought a chocolate lab (from AAA Labs) just before I got my choc...and her dog is like a damn horse! He's huge :eek!:
Brian

Beautiful Noise
12-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Bear Down, Try this guy Gary Ulrich (909)737-6969 he's a Breeder out in Norco I got my Yellow Lab from him a year and half ago for $450.00 if he doesnt have any he might know another breeder that does for you:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/29pic_s_033-med.jpg

boatnam2
12-17-2003, 10:10 PM
hey bn does gary ulrich also do real estate or smonthing that name sounds familar.maybe i seen his billboard or something.

Beautiful Noise
12-17-2003, 11:15 PM
boatnam2,I have no idea I only met Him when I got my dog from him:)

Ivan Dan
12-17-2003, 11:50 PM
This is my little pooch Daisy...she's about a year and half old and she's an awesome dog. I am thinking about getting another one here pretty soon.
www.DanKaatz.com

kevnmcd
12-18-2003, 07:52 AM
BD - My neighbor just had a little 5 weeks ago (5 yellow and 4 black). They are great looking dogs. I believe they still have some yellow's left. Asking $700.00 though. Around the Mission Viejo area. Shoot me a PM if you want their number.

Miss BK
12-18-2003, 08:49 AM
There are quite a number of Goldens and Yellow labs here at this rescue group:
GOLDEN RETRIEVER CLUB OF GREATER LOS ANGELES RESCUE
(818) 700-5200
A non-profit 501(c)(3) organization
http://www.grcgla.homestead.com/dogs2.html
Minimum donation is $200, fully tax deductable.
Here's a few cuties up for adoption:
http://www.grcgla.homestead.com/files/Finn_Lilah_12.16.03.jpg

Miss BK
12-18-2003, 09:02 AM
Here's an entire listing of labs currently sitting in shelters all around the LA area. Some are even pruebreeds. Looks like they do get pups, but they go pretty fast:
http://www.io.com/~sclrr/available/show_shelter_entries.cgi

Desert Rat
12-18-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
A friend of a friend just returned from Nebraska with a brand new black lab. I talked to him a little about the dog, where he got her, how much, blood lines. He says that labs are considerably cheaper (300.00 to 400.00) in Nebraska and no in-breeding, such as goes on around here.
So, you might check for some breaders in Nebraska.
I agree with Sleek-jet. I got my pure breed Chocolate Lab (Java) from a breeder in Nebraska for $300 and it cost another $150 for the air shipping and kennel into LAX. One of the smartest dogs I have ever had. :D

bear down
12-18-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise
Bear Down, Try this guy Gary Ulrich (909)737-6969 he's a Breeder out in Norco I got my Yellow Lab from him a year and half ago for $450.00 if he doesnt have any he might know another breeder that does for you:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/29pic_s_033-med.jpg
THat is one great looking dog! I will give him a call. I will also check out those shelters. We only found on spot on the internet for adoptions in So. Cal. Thanks for all of the links. LABS are the Best!!!"

Lightning
12-18-2003, 11:18 AM
I have a client who knows of a breeder in San Diego, her lab is really good looking. This breeders specialty is apparently breeding to keep them small (no larger than 80 pounds). If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I can get you in touch.

OGShocker
12-18-2003, 03:23 PM
Sometimes I'd pay YOU $500.00 to steal mine! One year old with no manners and $4000.00 in Vet bills. I must love him or I'da killed him!:D

phebus
12-18-2003, 03:49 PM
We got our Lab from this rescue group, and it is the best dog we have ever had. They are great people to deal with. They are located in the Temucula area. BARC (http://www.retrieversandfriends.com/)