PDA

View Full Version : seems like alot of jet peeps surf

Blown 472
12-18-2003, 09:55 AM
this forum, maybe they are looking for religon too??

superdave013
12-18-2003, 09:56 AM
well god bless them then :)

superdave013
12-18-2003, 09:57 AM
btw, I surf the jet forum alot too. Does that make me a sinner?

Her454
12-18-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
Lonely maybe, but not quite a sinner. :D :D

76BARRON
12-18-2003, 02:41 PM
YEP ! SINNER WORKS FOR ME!:D :D

Squeezing Spectra
12-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Damn Dave that was weak you would almost think he was a jet boater LOL. Bruce :yuk:

Jake W
12-18-2003, 08:05 PM
So Blown you r gona go from a BIG windsheild Glastron to a FLAT V drive.
I surf hear V Drives look bitchen they are what started all this hot boat stuff.
I think V drives are bad ass but I will stick with jets.I would say something about water conditions being too rough for them at my lake but there is this white haired and bearded guy that runs a Black and blue (looks to be a 17 ft) flat up and down the main chanel most summers out there so I guess he ant skerd.Very nice boat I might add ,though a buddy of mine womped his ass with a TX 19 Ford Dominator combo full seats and all.His reply at the end was please do not tell any one you beat me in that jet.Now thats funny .He runs this thing on the cav plates and prop you can see the turn fin totaly out of the water.
Jake

SPECTRABRENT
12-18-2003, 08:10 PM
Since I have a v-drive and a jet, I can hang out on both forums.
Brent

77charger
12-18-2003, 08:16 PM
when they grow up they will be here anyways:D :D

LVjetboy
12-19-2003, 02:36 AM
Weak = Choosing a '76 Glastron thinking you'll make it a high-performance boat...whether driven by a jet or a vee. Later blaming the drive.
Lame = Complaining about the one you're with while eyeing another. Or later complaining about the one you left when you finally move on.
Lonely = Those wannabes trying to be accepted by the vee driven crowd no matter.
Sinner = Who care's who's a sinner? Not me.
jer < posts here to bug you guys.

Blown 472
12-19-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by LVjetboy
Weak = Choosing a '76 Glastron thinking you'll make it a high-performance boat...whether driven by a jet or a vee. Later blaming the drive.
Lame = Complaining about the one you're with while eyeing another. Or later complaining about the one you left when you finally move on.
Lonely = Those wannabes trying to be accepted by the vee driven crowd no matter.
Sinner = Who care's who's a sinner? Not me.
jer < posts here to bug you guys.
Retard= spending tons of cash on a 800 hp motor and later finding out it aint.
Major retard= running your mouth in the v drive forum bout how you are going to spank v drives but not having the balls to show up at an event to prove it.
Funny as hell= a 427 cubic inch motor that can whomp your 500inch what?
this pretty much sums you up.http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/19internettough.jpg

12-19-2003, 09:04 AM
Blown.....don't mind LVjetboy, we let him hang around for our amusement and entertainment.:D

Blown 472
12-19-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by 058
Blown.....don't mind LVjetboy, we let him hang around for our amusement and entertainment.:D
LMAO.
Do you have any pics of your ford set up in your boat??

ssmike
12-19-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Blown 472
LMAO.
Do you have any pics of your ford set up in your boat??
Blown,
Here's one - my little 429.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/41429.jpg
:D :D

superdave013
12-19-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by ssmike
Blown,
That's your boat? Looks like your dad's to me. :p

Cs19
12-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Blown, you will fit right in with the flat guys, you already have the attitude you need to be a v-drive owner,you wont have to aquire it..Just think, you can be stuck in 1986 with the rest of these guys and be like the guy sitting on the sponson in the pic below....you can go to your local lake like this......"check me out, im the shit"
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119LWF0007av-med.jpg
I think its time to step it up a bit, enough of these bondo specials with a $15,000 paint jobs...There is a new school.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48Jeff_Martin_146.jpg

superdave013
12-19-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by cs19
I think its time to step it up a bit, enough of these bondo specials with a $15,000 paint jobs...There is a new school.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48Jeff_Martin_146.jpg
Nice pic, who took it. :)

superdave013
12-19-2003, 12:35 PM
speeking of new school and Martin's boat in the above pic.
I bet there is more money in that thing then CS19, myself and blown472 have invested in our rigs combined.
Mike F was always telling me about the bad ass stuff that MPD and DNE do. And he's right as those guys are right on top of things in the jet boat world. I teased him about all that high tech stuff to go so slow. :D Then I took him over to take a peek at what RGR racing and the Martins were up to. That's when that pic was snapped.
That day the finals in the 7.50 bracket was Hicks with all the high tech wizzy stuff (data loggers, unblown fuel jet engine, latest wizzy Jack tricks) and RGR's Ski Flat with no data logging devices.
Yes, Hicks did win. He was a little late at the light and Tony was a little early. Tony beat himself by turning on the red bulb.
I wonder what the Ski Flat would run with engine out of Hick's boat? Think it would run in the 6's?

Jordy
12-19-2003, 01:10 PM
this pretty much sums you up.http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/19internettough.jpg
I'm sure LV's busy digging up some charts and graphs to show everyone that picture really is not him. :D

LVjetboy
12-19-2003, 02:05 PM
Blown, I figured your thread needed a little more spice than the usual flattery of the v-drive devote. Got that new rig of yours running yet?
jer

Cs19
12-19-2003, 02:37 PM
speeking of new school and Martin's boat in the above pic.
I bet there is more money in that thing then CS19, myself and blown472 have invested in our rigs combined.
Mike F was always telling me about the bad ass stuff that MPD and DNE do. And he's right as those guys are right on top of things in the jet boat world. I teased him about all that high tech stuff to go so slow. :D Then I took him over to take a peek at what RGR racing and the Martins were up to. That's when that pic was snapped.
That day the finals in the 7.50 bracket was Hicks with all the high tech wizzy stuff (data loggers, unblown fuel jet engine, latest wizzy Jack tricks) and RGR's Ski Flat with no data logging devices.
Yes, Hicks did win. He was a little late at the light and Tony was a little early. Tony beat himself by turning on the red bulb.
I wonder what the Ski Flat would run with engine out of Hick's boat? Think it would run in the 6's?
You might be correct about what he has invested in the boat. I give those guys all the credit they deserve, they are definatly have their shit togethor.
You got that right about those guys making jets run good. As far as "all that work to go so slow" its not that much work,are you saying its easy to build a fast flat?... Its too bad someone hasnt stepped up yet and had those guys build them a real progasser or something.They are dealing with river racers on budjets for the most part, some still on pump gas,for what they are dealing with they are getting the job done,same goes for all their river customers.
That day in the finals. Why was he in such a hurry? It was only a 70 year old guy in a jet boat in the other lane.:D ...Whos boat is trick, but its not like since he has data being pulled off it, you can automaticlly drop half a second or something.,not sure what all the other hype is about trick stuff..:D And yes he has an UBF motor, but hes only on gas in the brackets...no nos.I hear there are guys with way more power than Jerry in jets , but they cant even get out of their own way, its the combination thats working for them, not the data or the engine.
How much power is that ski flat boat really making? And how much does that 146 boat make?That might answer your question on how jerrys engine would run in a flat.
Ok the point it sounds like your trying to make is...You can go faster with less horsepower in a flat. We know that, so we are the underdogs...So when we whoop a flatty it feels that much better.
I love the v-drive/jet battle until someone lays down a real stupid post like im sure we will see here shortly.Thats when its no fun anymore.:D

superdave013
12-19-2003, 02:56 PM
That day in the finals Mike F and I were sanding right next to Jack. We were with Tony right before he got dropped in the water. They were having some troubles that weekend and thought they had them sorted out for the final. But he didn't know what # to leave on. The boat left harder then they thought and he red lit. He didn't seemed to bummed as we all know it's pretty bitchen to see a ski flat (or a ski jet) in the finals in the 7.50 bracket. They like many others use the bracket for tuning (I'm sure he still wanted to win) so they have it together for the catagory. They did win the Ski flat class BTW.
Hat's off to Tony for being able to hop out of one boat and jump into a completly different boat and do well in both. That must be hard to do.
As far as my comment about all that wrk to go slow. Come on man, you know that's the pump/prop thing that we all like to rib each other with. It does go both ways.
I do think those guys work hard at what they do. And I think they are at the very top of the game.
And no, I don't think it's easy to build a fast flat. Well, maybe it is easy to build a fast one if ya sock enoguh HP to it. But real hard to build on that's on the top in it's class. Pretty much it's like that with any type of racing.

Cs19
12-19-2003, 03:15 PM
That day in the finals Mike F and I were sanding right next to Jack. We were with Tony right before he got dropped in the water. They were having some troubles that weekend and thought they had them sorted out for the final. But he didn't know what # to leave on. The boat left harder then they thought and he red lit. He didn't seemed to bummed as we all know it's pretty bitchen to see a ski flat (or a ski jet) in the finals in the 7.50 bracket. They like many others use the bracket for tuning (I'm sure he still wanted to win) so they have it together for the catagory. They did win the Ski flat class BTW.
Hat's off to Tony for being able to hop out of one boat and jump into a completly different boat and do well in both. That must be hard to do.
As far as my comment about all that wrk to go slow. Come on man, you know that's the pump/prop thing that we all like to rib each other with. It does go both ways.
I do think those guys work hard at what they do. And I think they are at the very top of the game.
And no, I don't think it's easy to build a fast flat. Well, maybe it is easy to build a fast one if ya sock enoguh HP to it. But real hard to build on that's on the top in it's class. Pretty much it's like that with any type of racing.
I see what your saying.. that getting the ski flat in a 7.50 bracket is impressive. I agree, however im not familiar with ski flat, ill have to go see what ski flats normally run and what the rules are for ski flat.I agree with you on Tonys driving, from all the stuff I keep hearing and reading, it sounds like hes the man..Good Job Tony.
I understand its the prop/pump thing Dave. Im all for it...No hard feelings, sorry if I came across that way.:D

superdave013
12-19-2003, 03:34 PM
Well back when I was racing they were in the 9's with a few in the 8's. Lew Larson's ski flat was the one to beat this year and his boat was running low 8's. Then the bling bling boat came out swinging and set the record @ 7.53 :eek!:
I don't know all the details but some of the major ones for a ski flat are:
2 seats
470" max
No sheet metel intakes
carbs can't be bigger then 2 750's and must be stock (casting flash inside and all)
There's more but that's just off the top of my head.

77charger
12-19-2003, 03:42 PM
Dave the cubic inch limit is 460 cubes in ski flat,comp flat is 470
77(now a flatbottom racer)charger:D

Bense468
12-19-2003, 05:18 PM
A 7.53 is flat cookin, with that small of a motor. I would love to hear Jer say its all about cubic inches when something like that is said right before. My pops always told me its not ALL about cubic inches ;). Everyone in the jet fourm thinks if you slam a 600 inch motor in you will win against a 427 always. NOT always true. Its just eaiser to go bigger, for those that don't know what they are doing.

WILDERTHANU
12-19-2003, 05:24 PM
YOUR DRUNK GUY......

Fiat48
12-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Sounds like the old river racer class. Ski tow and side fuel tank used to be required. Class used to pay $100 to win.
In every segment of racing you will always find the someone with an enough money to dominate a class. I'm not against that but it discourages a lot of racers who just cannot afford to compete. But now we have bracket classes.
It's my belief that bracket classes are the greatest thing for the racer who has the limited budget. It lets beginners and seasoned racers alike have a class where they can compete and HAVE FUN. I especially like the NJBA sandbag rule.
I never say much about jets. I just flat don't like them. Not for me. But I have been rather humbled the power some of these jets can make. In the old days, we used to have open qualifying at 8:00 a.m. Saturday morning. We qualified by MPH so the cool morning air was a plus. Ken Zeal UGJ happened to be in the other lane on my run. I admit I snickered at his jet boat. When the lights came down, seemed he was 1/2 track before I even got off the plate. I did pass him, but those things leave hard! You gotta respect that.

Bense468
12-19-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by WILDERTHANU
YOUR DRUNK GUY......
Not yet, I just got back from Fresno and have been in the car too long. I will be soon.

Cs19
12-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Your right, you do have to respect that. What they dont get respect for is how far they have come since those days.I posted a link to a video the other day of the first 100 mph jet. They ran blown fuel to get that v-bottom to 100 mph, and the boat looked like shit going down the track...you can do that with 650-700 horse now.
I had a discussion with one of the jet gurus the other day about this on going battle. He said he remembers when it all started back in the circle boat days,and that it hasnt stopped since. I think now a days v-drivers cant think of one good reason why they dis-like jets.They just say that cause its real "clicky" over here.
I do understand that problem some guys had up at CampFar West 2 years ago.Those guys that were chewing up the water,pulling intertubes and making all this noise with their slowboats..that just sucks.Thats not the case with all the jetboat owners.

Kim Hanson
12-19-2003, 06:22 PM
This is bad ass.......( . )( . )...............:cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119LWF0007av-med.jpg

77charger
12-19-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Bense468
A 7.53 is flat cookin, with that small of a motor. I would love to hear Jer say its all about cubic inches when something like that is said right before. My pops always told me its not ALL about cubic inches ;). Everyone in the jet fourm thinks if you slam a 600 inch motor in you will win against a 427 always. NOT always true. Its just eaiser to go bigger, for those that don't know what they are doing. Very true its all how it is built i think tony ran a 7.63 though even then for 457" that is very very good (i believe tony posted it dynoed around 950hp?those motors rev to the moon and rgr racing team is going to be hard to beat in that class next year.
as for the small motor thing mine is a 427 and it did what it needed to do(5 for 5 wins in njba) and it was my engine builders first try at a drag boat motor since his specialty is street race motors(small and big blocks)And they learned quite a bit about boat motors this year so you will see results next year from what they learned:D
And computers I DONT NEED ONE:yuk:

LVjetboy
12-20-2003, 01:50 AM
More spice for Blown's thread:
Posted by Bense: "I would love to hear Jer say its all about cubic inches. My pops always told me its not ALL about cubic inches."
Glad your pops set you straight. BTW, my pops didn't help me know that because I have no "pops." I learned on my own. Check my signature. (Hint: nothing about cubic inches. Hint: nothing about cubic inches.) If you still don't get a clue, just check with our Canadian river jet racers on my comments about the advantage of small block power.
Posted by Bense: "Everyone in the jet fourm thinks if you slam a 600 inch motor in you will win against a 427 always. NOT always true."
Go back and think about your generalization of the "Everyone" part. Are you sure Bense? More to the point. Are you sure you're the only Einstein that figured this out? With the help of your pops that is.
Posted by Bense: "Its just eaiser to go bigger, for those that don't know what they are doing."
Or easier to go v-drive? For those who don't know what they're doing that is. With a v-drive, less power or a poor setup may = more speed than a jet. Think about that Bense. What are you driving now? A jet or a v. I'm thinking your post falls in the "Lame and Lonely" catagories above. As in a wanna be accepted? Do you truly "know what you are doing?" Read them and get back to me.
jer

LVjetboy
12-20-2003, 02:05 AM
Oh ya and Charger,
"And computers I DONT NEED ONE"
Then don't post here 'cause you don't need one. Computers may give a wealth of information...even leading to insight. But hey, old school's rules right no doubt. At least seems more cool...
jer

12-20-2003, 09:53 AM
WHAT????...no charts, graphs and calculations???? Whats this world coming to? LVjetboy, you disappoint me.:(

Jordy
12-20-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by 058
WHAT????...no charts, graphs and calculations???? Whats this world coming to? LVjetboy, you disappoint me.:(
:D :D :D

Rexone
12-20-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by 058
Careful what you wish for.

Jake W
12-20-2003, 04:22 PM
Well I cant let LV get picked on alone.
Why is it in the other (Blown) thread Every one keeps saying buy a proven V drive one that was raced so it is all set up right.
When some one ask what kind of jet to buy to race or pleasure all you read or hear is what hulls work best to go fast and handel power.I have never heard some one say buy a proven jet they just give advise on how to set it up to run where they want it to.
It seems to me it would be a major pain in the ass to have a boat that needs all the Black majic to make it run corectly.
That is like telling people that want to go fast to buy the R and D express or Hot Tub.
What gives?
Jake:rolleyes:

Jake W
12-20-2003, 04:24 PM
Jer I think they are SKERD of your charts or mabey just cant read them?
Jake:) :)

77charger
12-20-2003, 05:08 PM
Oh ya and Charger,
"And computers I DONT NEED ONE"
Then don't post here 'cause you don't need one. Computers may give a wealth of information...even leading to insight. But hey, old school's rules right no doubt. At least seems more cool...
jer I was referring to one on my boat.And to back it up i did 5 of 8 njba races and took hi points for my bracket oh it was 5 wins too:D
So i said it and backed it with a 5k$ 427 inch motor hey its old school but it works right?

Fiat48
12-20-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Jake W
Well I cant let LV get picked on alone.
Why is it in the other (Blown) thread Every one keeps saying buy a proven V drive one that was raced so it is all set up right.
When some one ask what kind of jet to buy to race or pleasure all you read or hear is what hulls work best to go fast and handel power.I have never heard some one say buy a proven jet they just give advise on how to set it up to run where they want it to.
It seems to me it would be a major pain in the ass to have a boat that needs all the Black majic to make it run corectly.
That is like telling people that want to go fast to buy the R and D express or Hot Tub.
What gives?
Jake:rolleyes:
The idea to go fast is to have as little boat in the water as possible. Jet or V drive. The jets do this with Hull design, intake grates and wedges. The flats do this by bottom design, set up locations and propellors.
Most V drive guys always want to go faster. Those of us who have been there just try to help them get the right boat.
There are "Turkey" boats in both catagories. Boats that will never go fast. I can't speak for everyone, but my opinion is it is always best to buy a proven boat. Why beat yourself to death trying to make a "turkey" go fast, whether it be a jet or a v drive?
Efficiency is called a propellor in the water, not a pump. It's just that simple.
This is the V drive forum. :D

Jake W
12-20-2003, 06:28 PM
I can accept that.
But what it sounds like to me is a Jet ,same hull ,weight ,manf, when set up the exact same will be very close.Where as the V drive is a shot in the dark.
I agree that a proven hull design made(or splashed) by a diffrent manf could very well be a (turkey) with the same set ups weight and power.
So this leads me to What V Drive Brand hull manfs is a no brainer to set up and run fast.Every time
Because I sure we could come up with a few Jet hull manfs that are no brainer set up fast designs.
Like, Stealth,CP tunnels,19 Daytonas,CP gullwings,Place Crafts
All of these will run over 100 with the right set up and motor,though some are more dangerous than others.
Jake:D

Jake W
12-20-2003, 07:04 PM
OK I am leading you guys down a path.
Blown cant make his heavy ass kid haulin Glastron jetboat fast even with a blower motor,so he thinks the answer to his problems is to get a flat V drive.
And acording to you guys the only way to do this is with a proven race boat.
When he can go buy a 19 foot gullwing CP , TX,Condor, there is a few manfs out there and are plentiful in the Texas Oklohoma area put a mild built bigblock nice pump set up with full seats and run in the 80s AND he can run it in the after noon chop no problem.Build the motor a littel more and run it in the 90s.
There is no Black Majic just a fast hull design proven time after time.I picked this hull ( for a for instance)because of there are a lot of them.
The hull I just bought for 1000 bucks bare hull with trailor (18 Earl Smith gullwing)(same as CP 18 gullwing)was raced back in the 80s with a 502 and 4 barral carb(no set back pump) and ran in the mid 90s .It was center stear then.But hear is the funny thing Duane said if you set back the pump and did some bottom work you would be in better shape than that.
I will use it for a lake boat and it is plenty strong for that and only want to run it in the 80s.And this would not be considered a proven race boat just a boat that happened to get raced and mid 90s was not fast enough.
So Blown how fast do you want to go 130? Or is it you just want to look cool in a flat v drive that can only be used in the morning or at dusk.
Jake:)

TopCat
12-20-2003, 07:07 PM
Does this mean I hav to hear all the whining New Years Day at CFW if the jets show up and make the water to rough while they're having fun all day and the v -drives are on their trailers cuz they ride for @#$% now tell me who has the better boat...I always thought ***boaters had a commandery yo'all are pathetic WELL MAYBE NOT ALL I've been doing this from the days of JIM WRIGHT,BILL TODD,HIPPIE GEORGE, GORDON PAGETTand THE HILLBILLY its about racing not what pushes it and for those who feel the need to respond with name calling trust me ive been called worse by better people

BigBoyToys
12-20-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by TopCat
ive been called worse by better people
Must be talking about me:D :eek: :D

Jake W
12-20-2003, 08:11 PM
What are all you guys asleep tonight or what.
Jake

Fiat48
12-20-2003, 08:17 PM
My posts on the other thread were to LakesOnly, who said he was going to race a flat. That's how the "proven boat" deal got started.

Jake W
12-20-2003, 08:30 PM
OK Fiat 48 then I will ask the guestion Blown should be asking WHAT HULL DESIGN AND MANF is a no brainer to set up and will do about the same speed every time that can be used through out the day .
I am not trying to be a dick I really want to know if there is one or two then this might be the golden answer.
Lets say one that will run close to 90 that does not have to be race proven boat one that you can pick up in the local trader one that requires no black majic just a basic set up and a big block new or old.
All though the jets I am talking about were made in the late 70s to middle 80s.
Jake

Kim Hanson
12-20-2003, 08:37 PM
Jake Naw,I'am here! Reading as I usually do, but " JET BOATS SUCK ", this is the wrong forum for you! V-Drive's Rock, needed something to keep this going...sheeccchhhh's you guy's:D ............( . )( . )..............:D

TopCat
12-20-2003, 08:42 PM
Jake Jake yes they are all asleep they need their BEAUTY SLEEP so they look good sitting in their boats on their trailers

Jake W
12-20-2003, 08:46 PM
Kim I am not saying Vdrives Suck .I think vdrives are bad ass looking boats as well are Jets.I just dont think a Vdrive is the only answer for a guy that wants to go fast.This is the wrong fourm for wackers too I can see you are still a wacker at heart.
These guys just in a nother thread were telling Blown not to pick up a Catilina like yours.Do you even read this stuff.
Jake;)

Bense468
12-20-2003, 09:11 PM
Jer are you sure you are not a chick? Or were you one in another life or something, cause man you over analyze like you are.
Oh and don't diss the old school (my father for example), if it wasn't for the old school things wouldn't be like they are now. People that got out there and tried things when they had no idea if they worked or not are what got everyone in this whole forum on track. Everyone of those racers at ming, I am sure have learned at least a thing or two from the old school. So I am sorry to hear that you had to learn everything yourself. Because for me spending valuable time with my dad talking about this shit, was well worth it and I would never give that up.

Fiat48
12-20-2003, 09:31 PM
OK Fiat 48 then I will ask the guestion Blown should be asking WHAT HULL DESIGN AND MANF is a no brainer to set up and will do about the same speed every time that can be used through out the day .
I am not trying to be a dick I really want to know if there is one or two then this might be the golden answer.
Lets say one that will run close to 90 that does not have to be race proven boat one that you can pick up in the local trader one that requires no black majic just a basic set up and a big block new or old.
All though the jets I am talking about were made in the late 70s to middle 80s.
Jake
"WHAT HULL DESIGN AND MANF is a no brainer to set up and will do about the same speed every time that can be used through out the day?"
It certainly wouldn't be a flatbottom. As everyone admitted in the other thread, they are not a rough water boat. In a V drive, I guess a V drive cruiser might be a possiblility.
You keep refering to black magic setup. There are many bottom designs and rocker designs in flats. Where the engine location is, the strut is, where the v drive is all depends on how that particular boat builder placed the hardware. And it was done depending upon how much HP the boat was going to have. General rule of thumb is the higher HP you have, the further underneath the strut is and the farther forward the motor is located. It's all levers and fulcrum to reach a balance point where the boat will carry a "set".
Drop a ski motor in a boat that was set up originally as a Blown Fuel flat and the boat will want to fly away.
For a 90 mph flat, you don't need much. If that's the intention and the final goal. But that ususally changes once a guy starts driving a flat. It seems to be a disease. I'd suggest a runner bottom. Canyon, Dimarco, Cole, Hondo. But that's just my opinion.
Far as jets go, here's all I know. A friend has an eliminator tunnel with a 540 Chevy in it. It ran 109 mph when he ran it. Norm Grimes would be the guy to contact to go fast in a jet. He has been there and done that.

Kim Hanson
12-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Kim I am not saying Vdrives Suck .I think vdrives are bad ass looking boats as well are Jets.I just dont think a Vdrive is the only answer for a guy that wants to go fast.This is the wrong fourm for wackers too I can see you are still a wacker at heart.
These guys just in a nother thread were telling Blown not to pick up a Catilina like yours.Do you even read this stuff.
Jake;) This is still a prop, so wacker at heart still!
Catalina, I don't have one! Talked to the other owner and he said it's a Marlin? Right now, I don't give **** what it is!
Read this stuff, yes I do!BTW, a Catalina is one heavy ass boat! Built in Canada! I have looked this shit up, mine is an American Boat..trailer marking's is from the State's
...............( . )( . )...............:p

Cs19
12-20-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by TopCat
Does this mean I have to hear all the whining New Years Day at CFW if the jets show up and make the water to rough while they're having fun all day and the v -drives are on their trailers cuz they ride for @#$% [QUOTE]
You can count on the bitching and wining.Last i heard the 455 olds jetboat crew is planning on going.
[QUOTE]I always thought ***boaters had a commandery yo'all are pathetic
its about racing not what pushes it
Commadery..ya right. Its talk shit day every day round here. They dont even give it up for the guys who dump every ****ing dime they have into their jets,..Last I checked we all are running high dollar big blocks and were all chasing the same goals,build a clean looking fast boat to either go race with or go to the river and have fun with.We all have alot in common both in our boats and personality wise, its a pretty fuc*ed situation if you ask me.
I still stand the same and give zero support to any v-drive only event.As far as the ones at the river, my buddies and I will just cruise on by in our 100 plus MPH boats.

Cs19
12-20-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Bense468
Oh and don't diss the old school (my father for example
I dont want to get involved in this, I think both bense and Lv are both cool cats,and im not taking sides.
However,I feel the same way about the old days going to the drags and the river with my dad and learning about this stuff.I treasure those days and they mean alot to me,actually those days mean more to me than you will ever know.I consider myself very lucky to be able to grow up out at havasu and the river and be around and learn to appreciate these types of things.Most of my friends did not have that opportunity. Bense,Take all those memories and the information "pops" gave you to the grave and pass that on to your kids as well. I know I plan on raising my kids out on the river and around racing .. I want to pass on this tradition my family has.
Come to think of it, I cant wait to make some more memories this summer..Only this time I wont be sitting in that shitty little backseat playing bartender for dad, ill be whooping his ass in my own boat..:D :D :D

TopCat
12-20-2003, 11:28 PM
I just wanted to say AMEN to your last 2 posts

Jake W
12-21-2003, 06:58 AM
Fiat 48 OK this is the answer I was looking for Hondo ,Canyon,Damicro,Cole.in your opnion these are the best hulls to work with.
Well where I live the mid west you probely ,only pick up a Hondo out of thoes boats I look in the trader every time it comes out and so on and have only seen Hondos and Sangers from time to time will show up for sale.
So in my instance what would it take for a
Hondo to run close to 90 what model bottom and how much power?And how much to buy one that is descent shape and all the parts are there to start out with?
Lets say a 468 tunnel ram deal in a TX 19 full seats with a Berk pump with a droop ride plate set back but not out of the hull so still a lake boat should run close to high 80s to 90 with one person in it.Though you can still use it all day.I see these boats in the trader from around 6000 to 7000 complete all the time.
Kim sorry I was under the impression you had a Hondo(Catilina) throght you were asking about them and had just bought one a while back.
Now this is one of the Boat designs(Hondo) Fiat 48 likes but it was made buy a diffrent Manf (Catilina)so mabey the( Turkey )law aplies hear.A nother guy was saying to stay away from this hull well the Catilina version, but if it was heavy wouldent it make a better lake boat?
Fiat 48 thanks for answering some questions and not being a ass about it.
Jake

Bense468
12-21-2003, 02:11 PM
I was only playing around with Jer.

Kim Hanson
12-21-2003, 08:38 PM
Kim sorry I was under the impression you had a Hondo(Catilina) throght you were asking about them and had just bought one a while back.
Now this is one of the Boat designs(Hondo) Fiat 48 likes but it was made buy a diffrent Manf (Catilina)so mabey the( Turkey )law aplies hear.A nother guy was saying to stay away from this hull well the Catilina version, but if it was heavy wouldent it make a better lake boat?
Jake
Heavy boat to me is " slow boat ", my wacker is at 1500-1600lbs! Not that light, but this vdrive I have seems heavy compared to my wacker. I can walk all over it and no flex...HST- you can't do it, cracking sound coming out all the time and I'am not a heavy guy!
My definition of a lake boat!
1) Look good in the water!
2) Firing it up, wake's people up
3) Tunes are a must......LOUD !
4) Using it, not looking at it! Man that look's nice, wish I had more gas money!
5) Thumbs up on the water....cool!
6) People coming over to talk about you ride
:cool:
7) I use mine to pull my kids and friends, water sport's are a must! Tube's , water sking, knee-boarding
8) Carry more than 1 person with you, vdrive is going to suck this summer!But it's loud
9) Not have to carry a " Tidey Tank " to boat for the day!
.................( . )( . )................:)

LVjetboy
12-22-2003, 03:11 AM
So Kim, what's your favorite for a lake boat so far? The O/B or the V?
Bense, nothing wrong with old school or your dad. But I'll be happy to call out a post meant to sound cool such as, "I don't need no stinking computer." Or, "at least I got the balls to race." Ya whatever. V-drive macho bullshit I don't buy.
As for playing with me? Whatever blows up your skirt. But if you misquote me or imply I don't know cuin from hp...then you'll certainly get my thoughts and I got no lovey-dovey let's all be friends comradery bent.
jer

Blown 472
12-22-2003, 06:59 AM
OK I am leading you guys down a path.
Blown cant make his heavy ass kid haulin Glastron jetboat fast even with a blower motor,so he thinks the answer to his problems is to get a flat V drive.
And acording to you guys the only way to do this is with a proven race boat.
When he can go buy a 19 foot gullwing CP , TX,Condor, there is a few manfs out there and are plentiful in the Texas Oklohoma area put a mild built bigblock nice pump set up with full seats and run in the 80s AND he can run it in the after noon chop no problem.Build the motor a littel more and run it in the 90s.
There is no Black Majic just a fast hull design proven time after time.I picked this hull ( for a for instance)because of there are a lot of them.
The hull I just bought for 1000 bucks bare hull with trailor (18 Earl Smith gullwing)(same as CP 18 gullwing)was raced back in the 80s with a 502 and 4 barral carb(no set back pump) and ran in the mid 90s .It was center stear then.But hear is the funny thing Duane said if you set back the pump and did some bottom work you would be in better shape than that.
I will use it for a lake boat and it is plenty strong for that and only want to run it in the 80s.And this would not be considered a proven race boat just a boat that happened to get raced and mid 90s was not fast enough.
So Blown how fast do you want to go 130? Or is it you just want to look cool in a flat v drive that can only be used in the morning or at dusk.
Jake:)
I will tell you what it comes down to, I am bored with my jet and want to try something new, I have always liked flats and hydros from going to the drags, now I want one to play with, if I get bored with that I will buy an eggbeater who knows.
And Jer will you make it to camp far west to silence all the neigh sayers??:rolleyes:

Blown 472
12-22-2003, 07:04 AM
Commadery..ya right. Its talk shit day every day round here. They dont even give it up for the guys who dump every ****ing dime they have into their jets,..Last I checked we all are running high dollar big blocks and were all chasing the same goals,build a clean looking fast boat to either go race with or go to the river and have fun with.We all have alot in common both in our boats and personality wise, its a pretty fuc*ed situation if you ask me.
I still stand the same and give zero support to any v-drive only event.As far as the ones at the river, my buddies and I will just cruise on by in our 100 plus MPH boats.
which buddies is that?? the ones that have boats that run?:rolleyes:

Blown 472
12-22-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by ssmike
Blown,
Very nice, info on the motor please, iron heads, what pistons, etc. thanks.

Cs19
12-22-2003, 12:11 PM
which buddies is that?? the ones that have boats that run?:rolleyes:
Ya, some of them run, some are apart.Some are actually flatbottoms.
You can give me all the shit you want for taking 1.5 years to build my boat from scratch.Yes, if I was rich I could have done it alot faster, but Im not. The bottomline is its done right, NOTHING is half ass.The boat will be running very soon.
So quit "kicking around " all of these ideas and get your flatty.Hopefully you find something thats already done for you, or your going to have a real surprise.Will you continue being a hack and leave the boat primered like you car, or will you actually paint this one?

Jetboatguru
12-22-2003, 12:17 PM
So quit "kicking around " all of these ideas and get your flatty.Hopefully you find something thats already done for you, or your going to have a real surprise.Will you continue being a hack and leave the boat primered like you car, or will you actually paint this one?
I think a squirmish is about to ensue.

Blown 472
12-22-2003, 12:26 PM
Ya, some of them run, some are apart.Some are actually flatbottoms.
You can give me all the shit you want for taking 1.5 years to build my boat from scratch.Yes, if I was rich I could have done it alot faster, but Im not. The bottomline is its done right, NOTHING is half ass.The boat will be running very soon.
A hack huh, your age or lack there of is showing again. ever heard of a rat rod?? primered hot rod, oh thats right you are 20 something that thinks he knows everything about everything, mabye you should pick up a street rodder mag and take a peek.
Or is that too old skool for you?? Do you build anything yourself?
And further more I am shopping, I dont see where asking questions about these boats is kicking around, I like to get some back ground on what I am going to get and how I want to use it.:rolleyes:

Kurtis500
12-22-2003, 12:32 PM
Commadery..ya right. Its talk shit day every day round here. They dont even give it up for the guys who dump every ****ing dime they have into their jets,..
You really think the jet thread has been much better? I dont see a whole lot of 'give it up' by you jet guys in this thread. Maybe you got the same disease?

Cs19
12-22-2003, 12:49 PM
I know plenty about the flat black look there Blown. I live in socal, its everywhere.Lots of my friends are into that stuff, I just give them shit for it . I think its flat out stupid to spend money on pinstriping for a primered car. That is just not smart, but I guess you guys think its cool.I love hotrods,and plan on building one myself in the near future.Mid 60s malibu or nova possibly, but I will take the time to paint mine.
If you like your primered car, im happy for you. Later.

Blown 472
12-22-2003, 12:51 PM
I know plenty about the flat black look there Blown. I live in socal, its everywhere.Lots of my friends are into that stuff, I just give them shit for it . I think its flat out stupid to spend money on pinstriping for a primered car. That is just not smart, but I guess you guys think its cool.I love hotrods,and plan on building one myself in the near future.Mid 60s malibu or nova possibly, but I will take the time to paint mine.
If you like your primered car, im happy for you. Later.
To each his own, I would stripe or put flames on my primered car just my gig.:D

Cs19
12-22-2003, 01:12 PM
To each his own..... just my gig.:D
Exactly, Which is why i did not run the perfetly good 468 I had, and which is why I didnt used my old hardware, I took my time and did it how I wanted it done....Thats my gig.
Blown just so you know, I did all the work on myself except a few things.Im not some incompitant guy who wants to build a boat and pays people to do it all, im more than capable to do it all myself, but I do feel like having my motor and pump built.

Blown 472
12-22-2003, 01:16 PM
Exactly, Which is why i did not run the perfetly good 468 I had, and which is why I didnt used my old hardware, I took my time and did it how I wanted it done....Thats my gig.
Blown just so you know, I did all the work on myself except a few things.Im not some incompitant guy who wants to build a boat and pays people to do it all, im more than capable to do it all myself, but I do feel like having my motor and pump built.
Well hot damn, see guru not so bad, must be the christmas cheer. Speaking of which da pack is on tonight and I am thinking of drinking my fair share of cheer. Cs19 have a merry christmas.:)
I think too what it is a different set of perspectives, I like a car or boat that goes fast, not to conserned with what it looks like, if it has paint great other wise the primer dealio works for me, one less thing to worry about and " I " feel a car that is an asshander in the quarter mile or on the street rather than one that just looks fast is kick ass in my book. OH and happy new year:)

Ghighway
12-22-2003, 01:46 PM
Blown just so you know, I did all the work on myself except a few things.Im not some incompitant guy who wants to build a boat and pays people to do it all, im more than capable to do it all myself, but I do feel like having my motor and pump built. [/B]
Yeah right:rolleyes: Engine by DNE, Pump by MPD, Bottom by Bennett?????? whats left.......a few gauges:yuk:
Not that there is anything wrong with paying the pro's to set you up right, but you could at least be honest with yourself about it:(

Cs19
12-22-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Ghighway
Yeah right:rolleyes: Engine by DNE, Pump by MPD, Bottom by Bennett?????? whats left.......a few gauges:yuk:
Not that there is anything wrong with paying the pro's to set you up right, but you could at least be honest with yourself about it:(
This is pretty funny, ya im not honest with myself...Ok who are you first of all? Second, bennett didnt do the bottom.
You got the rest correct with mpd,dne. Seeing you have all of 14 posts, im surprised you know such much about me.Well since you know so much about me, did you realize my boat did not have one hole drilled in it when i got it?it was a bare hull.i didnt just buy a boat, pull the engine and pump and have them rebuilt and put it back in and claim i built the whole thing. I drilled every hole in the boat and did all the rigging myself.
So let me get this straight, once you have Jack do your pump and Dave build an engine, all you have to do is put in gauges right?
What about calgo steering,jet installation with custom transom plates and a pop off? custom driveline,what about fuel tanks and mounts,fill caps and a s.s. fuel system including water fuel sep.,etc. s.s H20 system w/regulator,wiring harness, custom rails and motor mounts and backing plates,seating and mounts, forward/neutral controls and throttle.,battery and mounts?just to name a few. i guess that stuff is no big deal and you can just do it in one night and expect it to be perfect.Let alone the research to figure out the best way to do things. Your a moron if you think its an easy job and your a moron if you think I paid someone to do all the work.

Ghighway
12-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Guess I jumped the gun huh. Had a hand in it and may in the future............Here is a post of yours
Im not sure what was used on this particular boat here Todd, but I would trust Jeff's work on my boat anyday,.The guy is the best when it comes to bottom design and blueprinting among other things, he has hundreds of boats out there running with his bottom work both on the track and the lake,Jeff has some real experience to say the least.I just hope he still has interest in jetboats when I decide to make some changes to the keel of my boat, after all he had a hand in the bottom design of it.
No feathers ruffled here Todd. Later,Chris.
Before you go breaking your arm patting yourself on the back for all your hard work, what you are doing is RIGGING your boat. So I'm not sure if ya want a brownie button or the chest to pin it on but congratulations :yuk: What you are doing is what most of us are doing or have already done. Who am I......Who are YOU???? after all isn't cs19 just an internet name too:rolleyes:

Cs19
12-22-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Ghighway
Guess I jumped the gun huh. Had a hand in it and may in the future............Here is a post of yours
I just hope he still has interest in jetboats when I decide to make some changes to the keel of my boat, after all he had a hand in the bottom design of it.
No feathers ruffled here Todd. Later,Chris.
Before you go breaking your arm patting yourself on the back for all your hard work, what you are doing is RIGGING your boat. So I'm not sure if ya want a brownie button or the chest to pin it on but congratulations :yuk: What you are doing is what most of us are doing or have already done. Who am I......Who are YOU???? after all isn't cs19 just an internet name too:rolleyes:
Ya I guess you did jump the gun.
Ya he hand a hand in it, I was told he helped out on some bottom changes when they switched from the flat keel,and yes hopefully i get some mods to the bottom done in the next few years.Considering he knows a daytona better than anyone, i will see if he can do it for me.
Im not patting myself on the back here,nor do i want a brownie. the point is,your saying rigging is a not much work and everyone here rigged their boats :confused: which is news to me....Blown is asking me if I do any work on my stuff or do I pay people do do it?.I simply was explaining to him that i do most of my own work..Blown and I have been going back and forth for some time,as for you, im not sure wether to welcome you or not, sounds like youve been here for quite a while, considering you know what everyone has been or is doing.Later.

Jake W
12-22-2003, 04:35 PM
Blown you want somethig new I have no problem with that and at least twice in my post I have said I like Flats.But to say I am tired of trying to make jets go fast so I need a flat with the hull you have is pretty far fetched.
I asked Fiat 48 some guestions though he did not answer them on hear he did PM me and told me what boats he thinks works with some measurments to boot with them that would be set up help.So if you really are looking for a flat mabey some one like Bob could help you make a better decesion than what the coolest guy on the board has.Good luck
Blown we use to put color primer on are trucks and all ways laughed and called it fake paint.The reason we did it was because we changed the dam things so much it would have been stupit to pay for paint or you would have 100 blend spots and that looks like shit.
Jake

Kim Hanson
12-22-2003, 05:25 PM
So Kim, what's your favorite for a lake boat so far? The O/B or the V?
Bense, nothing wrong with old school or your dad. But I'll be happy to call out a post meant to sound cool such as, "I don't need no stinking computer." Or, "at least I got the balls to race." Ya whatever. V-drive macho bullshit I don't buy.
As for playing with me? Whatever blows up your skirt. But if you misquote me or imply I don't know cuin from hp...then you'll certainly get my thoughts and I got no lovey-dovey let's all be friends comradery bent.
jer
I will let you know this summer Jer, I only got to take the VDrive out once and it was the first VDrive I have ever driven also!.....( . )( . )...........:D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-22-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Jake W So if you really are looking for a flat mabey some one like Bob could help you make a better decesion than what the coolest guy on the board has.[/B]
"Coolest guy on the board"? Who are you referring to?
I gotta meet this guy!!:confused: :)

GofastRacer
12-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Hi Jerry!..:) :) :D :D :D :D :D

Jake W
12-22-2003, 06:51 PM
It was just in referance, WHY V Drive Video do you feel its you.I do not even know what kind of flat you have all I know is that you make videos of the fastest and coolest boats (guys) on the planet.
That last coment was pretty pore on my part but one smart ass coment deserves another.
I think all the main guys on hear ,all the other V Drive guys or wantabees look to for advise are probely desent people and only wish for the best for the hobbie they love, and there is nothing wrong with that.
And honestly would like to check some of the videos out.
Jake
:D

LVjetboy
12-23-2003, 01:09 AM
Blown, not towing 600+ miles to camp far north I mean west this year, although I did think about it...briefly. The nay sayers? Well, I think most here know I run what I post. But I wouldn't mind meeting and racing some v guys come spring or summer.
jer

Blown 472
12-23-2003, 07:15 AM
Blown you want somethig new I have no problem with that and at least twice in my post I have said I like Flats.But to say I am tired of trying to make jets go fast so I need a flat with the hull you have is pretty far fetched.
I asked Fiat 48 some guestions though he did not answer them on hear he did PM me and told me what boats he thinks works with some measurments to boot with them that would be set up help.So if you really are looking for a flat mabey some one like Bob could help you make a better decesion than what the coolest guy on the board has.Good luck
Blown we use to put color primer on are trucks and all ways laughed and called it fake paint.The reason we did it was because we changed the dam things so much it would have been stupit to pay for paint or you would have 100 blend spots and that looks like shit.
Jake
Hey great for you, to build another jet, what part of I am bored with it and want to try something new dont you git?? as far as wanting to be like the coolest guy on the board how is that, I am trying to get some info on this style of boat as I dont know shit about them git it??
Once again pick up a street rodder mag and check it out or dont you git that on the farm?

TRG
12-23-2003, 09:04 AM
damn!
I hav'nt ever seen this kind of bullshit on the v-...forums ,this belongs over in the jets!

Blown 472
12-23-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by toddnjuzz
damn!
I hav'nt ever seen this kind of bullshit on the v-...forums ,this belongs over in the jets!
Now that is funny cuz the jet boyzzz brought it here.:rolleyes:

Cs19
12-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Maybe it can be moved to bench racing?

Rexone
12-23-2003, 01:45 PM
Maybe it can be moved to bench racing?
It had some tech content early on. If the present track continues though BR is where you will find it soon cause that's what it now has evolved into. Not that it's bad... just what it is.
What pleases me (not that some give a shit), is that I've got more than one "participants" telling me maybe it should move... that's real progress here on ol ***boat.com. lol. :D

Hustler
12-23-2003, 01:58 PM
Now that is funny cuz the jet boyzzz brought it here.:rolleyes:
So what?? all of a sudden your a V-Drive guy now just because you want one and you post over here? remember blown you still own a jet!!:rolleyes: :D

Blown 472
12-23-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Hustler
So what?? all of a sudden your a V-Drive guy now just because you want one and you post over here? remember blown you still own a jet!!:rolleyes: :D
I think you missed the point, but you have a bitchen avitar. :p :p :D oh yeah v drive.

superdave013
12-23-2003, 02:20 PM
Hey, ya'll got yer shoppin done right? :)

schiada96
12-23-2003, 02:27 PM
nope

Hustler
12-23-2003, 02:29 PM
Uhhh Yea right shopping :rolleyes: the wife is getting some new alum. heads, she just does'nt know it yet:D

Kurtis500
12-23-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by toddnjuzz
damn!
AMEN to that!

superdave013
12-23-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Hustler
Uhhh Yea right shopping :rolleyes: the wife is getting some new alum. heads, she just does'nt know it yet:D
I got my wife a set of those once. She still has them. I'm thinking that I'll run out at the last second and get her a tig welder this year. :)

WILDERTHANU
12-23-2003, 03:45 PM
HOW FUNNY....MY DAD GOT A SET OF AFR ALUMINUM HEADS FOR A WEDDING GIFT. THERE THEY SAT NEXT TO THE CAKE...LOL.

Hud
12-23-2003, 03:59 PM
LOL's, thats funny. Merry Christmas!

BGMAN203
12-23-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by WILDERTHANU
HOW FUNNY....MY DAD GOT A SET OF AFR ALUMINUM HEADS FOR A WEDDING GIFT. THERE THEY SAT NEXT TO THE CAKE...LOL.
lmao..I can picture the cake cutting picture, and there are the heads sitting in the chair next to the cake. Too Funny

Jake W
12-23-2003, 04:31 PM
Blown it was not about being great for me, O well.
And I do get what you are saying board with jets want a vdrine flat and I think that is SUPPER:) :)
Blown I know plenty about custom Rods,and Trucks.You are not in an elite group with this knolage.
I was just trying to get a little compare and contrast going too bad it ended up this way.
And this thread was directed at Jet boat owners that look on the Vdrive board.I was pretty sure that I fit this catagory.
I think you guys have great info on the Vdrive boats you own or have owned it is just too bad people do not ask the right questions.Asking how fast will a flat be with a 427 in it is just dumb there must be like a hundred varuables to go with it.
Jake
:)

blownmoney
12-24-2003, 12:32 AM
jake, i bought my hondo, with a pretty tame 396, 750 hdp
was turn key, for $2600, gps at 86 boat was very nice condition
was took on trade at a boat dealership, owner of the dealership
owed me a favor and knew that was what i wanted, i had contenplated on buying the boat earlier that yr form the orig owner for 5500, as fiat said tho, that its addicting, how long will you be happy with 90?, i now have 5 times the purchase price in the new motor? and i doubt it will stop there, lenco(or owens) in the works soon!!! but to answer your question i have seen plenty of lake boat v-drives in the 4k range that will run high eightys, hondo's , sangers, hallets, eliminators, mandellas,etc

LVjetboy
12-24-2003, 01:17 AM
"What pleases me (not that some give a shit), is that I've got more than one "participants" telling me maybe it should move... that's real progress here on ol ***boat.com. lol."
And you're right. I don't give a shit. But more to the point, are you sure that's progress??
:D
jer

superdave013
12-24-2003, 02:32 PM
Blown, not towing 600+ miles to camp far north I mean west this year, although I did think about it...briefly. The nay sayers? Well, I think most here know I run what I post. But I wouldn't mind meeting and racing some v guys come spring or summer.
jer
I've never seen your posts with the # it ran after the new DNE power plant. I do remember your dyno posts but must have missed the all important post on what your boat ran with this new engine.
I'ed like to see it though. Maybe you could re post that info. Feel free to include the charts and graphs.

Jake W
12-24-2003, 04:13 PM
Blownmoney it sounds like you got a good deal that is a nice price and speed .And from what I am hearing Hondo is the way to go.
A quick storie about 2 years ago like alot of people say there was a Hondo in a feild for sale every thing was there accept the motor and seats.It had been repainted and the paint wsa pealing just in side the lip on the deck other than that it could have been cleaned up.It was 1500 bucks with a tandom trailor it was not a T deck just the regular deck.I wish I would have picked it up if nothing else to sit untill I was ready to mess with it.The boat sat there for about 2 months and every time I went to the lake I keep telling my self to buy the thing then one day it was gone.O well there will be others.
You guys have a Merry Christmas
Jake :D

77charger
12-24-2003, 06:27 PM
.Asking how fast will a flat be with a 427 in it is just dumb there must be like a hundred varuables to go with it.
Jake
:) The one below does a best of 9.32at115 at ming with 300ft air density and runs 9.50s at 107-109 on avg
ON 427cid.It does have some hardware work on the bottom and was capable of another 2-3 .10ths left in it.
hp i dont know

LVjetboy
12-25-2003, 12:34 PM
SuperDave, here's a link...
Century Jet (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=230695#post230695)
jer

12-25-2003, 01:06 PM
LVjetboy, I must have missed your thread, congrats on your accomplishments, two thumbs up!:D

LVjetboy
12-25-2003, 01:23 PM
Thanks 058!
jer