PDA

View Full Version : olds455 parts needed!

painterdan32
03-25-2006, 06:40 AM
I'm just finishing up my winter upgrades and cant find any of theese parts for an olds 455. I want to buy new and I have a covered engine. Ican find chevy parts all day, but it seems that olds is too rare. I'm wanting to buy all of it from one vendor due to shipping charges incured with 40 other vendors. Parts list goes like this :
1. Polished 130 gph mechanical fuel pump. do I need a regulator?
2. Steel fuel line from pump to carb.
3. Rochester carb. 750 CFM , vacum secondaries, electric choke. marine calibration and approved
4. polished one wire alternator. doesnt have to be big. just running bilge and blowers.
If you know a vendor or you are a vendor please PM me here. I'm so tired of the grogy and lethargic guys at the big " performance box stores" that need a part number for their computer. Darn, If I hade that Dude, I'd of already ordered it! Thanks for any help or links to this. I'm so tired of doing all this on dial up connection. :220v:

Moneypitt
03-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Parts list goes like this :
1. Polished 130 gph mechanical fuel pump. do I need a regulator?
2. Steel fuel line from pump to carb.
3. Rochester carb. 750 CFM , vacum secondaries, electric choke. marine calibration and approved
4. polished one wire alternator. doesnt have to be big. just running bilge and blowers.
I think Carter makes a fuel pump, 172 GPH, M61045, but it aint polished.....
The steel line to the carb is a "you make it up" with "Bundyflex" can't kink.
Call Edlebrock for the carb........
And, a chrome 7127 GM internally regulated alt can be changed to a one wire unit with a jumper wire from batt + to the exciter side of the 2 prong plug. I hope this helps................MP

GUGS102
03-25-2006, 02:56 PM
I've got a quad off my 350 merc. It is a 750 marine version and has mech secondaries which I think you'll want anyway. Not sure an olds can pull enough RPM to fully operate the vaccum secondaries without calibration and set up changes. Just a thought. Carb is in running condition. If you are interested, shoot me a PM and I'll post some pics.
Gugs