PDA

View Full Version : Alpha drive needed

Robbie Racer
02-11-2003, 09:48 PM
I have a buddy that trashed his old Mercruiser 888 drive and wants to update to an Alpha drive on his family/fishing boat. Anyone have one in the northern California area that I can put him in touch with. Thanks in advance. R/R

MANIC MECHANIC
02-13-2003, 07:25 PM
RR; If you dont find anything local, I have a bunch of stuff that I have decided to get rid of, :( including a couple of Merc. V6/Alpha packages brand new in the box('92 I think), that I bought at Renkin boats when they went under.I would be willing to sell the drive separatly, do you need the gimbal plate also? Let me come up with a price, and see what it would cost to ship it out there (I have no idea, it may be prohibitively expensive). I'll get back to you tomorrow with a price. Anyone interested in the engines? They are the 190HP carburated version, I think,I'll check tomorrow. smile_sp Tim

MANIC MECHANIC
02-14-2003, 06:58 PM
Rob, I could not come up with a price today. (To much going on today, just had an accident, my truck is totaled, and trying to get all THAT stuff straightened out. I did find out that I can get a 200 LB (Best guess on weight) package shipped from here to Your area, eight day delivery, for $137 (59% discount my family's bussiness does so much bussiness with the trucking co's)I will come up with a price this coming week. smile_sp Tim

rrrr
02-15-2003, 12:42 PM
I have an old project boat that would love to have a V-6 and Alpha. How much??

playdeep
02-15-2003, 03:12 PM
Buddy of mine has acouple of alpha's for sale...
Let me know if you are interested,I can give you his number.

JimmyBaja
02-16-2003, 06:18 AM
I am also looking for a new or rebuilt ALPHA. Would prefer a L/H rotation.

MANIC MECHANIC
02-16-2003, 01:59 PM
I went down to the shop today and looked at the V/6's. They and the drives are 1995's. 4.3L's (carburated, I believe, I will check) 175/HP. I will come up with a price this week on them and the drives and post them. I am also pretty sure that one of the drives is LH. I'll check that out also. Tim smile_sp

Robbie Racer
02-17-2003, 03:31 PM
Manic Mechanic, let me know what you come up with on a price and I will pass it along to my buddy.
Playdeep, can you email me your buddies email address or phone number and I will pass it along to my buddy as well.
Thanks guys, R/R

playdeep
02-17-2003, 07:30 PM
RR,
You got mail...

Robbie Racer
02-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Playdeep, thanks for the email. I passed it along to my friend. R/R

MANIC MECHANIC
02-20-2003, 05:40 PM
Just thought I'd let you know, if you are still interested, I will post a price on the eng's and drives tomorrow if at all possible. I was involved in an auto accident, and the Wife just had surgery.

superV
02-21-2003, 08:34 AM
MANIC MECHANIC:
Just thought I'd let you know, if you are still interested, I will post a price on the eng's and drives tomorrow if at all possible. I was involved in an auto accident, and the Wife just had surgery. I would like to see some $$$? Thanks!

MANIC MECHANIC
02-21-2003, 06:45 PM
I will poste a price monday for sure.Sorry for the delay.Tim smile_sp

MANIC MECHANIC
02-25-2003, 06:05 PM
Better late than never. I finally have come up with a price, here it is. Two Brand new ,in the box 1995Merc. 4.3L V6-2brrl carb-complete pan to Flame arrestor cover(wiring harness,alt. starter, thru drive exhaust),gimbal plates and alpha drive. Complete drop in package. Will sell for $6000.00 Ea.Plus shipping. I would prefer to sell the complete packages but will consider selling the drive separately if anyone is really interested. Tim smile_sp