PDA

View Full Version : Smog Check for boats in CA.......wont be long!!!!

Wicky
12-22-2003, 09:34 AM
So get out and vote!!!!
I hate Democrats(well maybe not all), crooked cops(very crooked), and out of control taxes(maybe all taxes)!!!
If you are a Democrat and enjoy HOt Boating, offroading, skiing, surfing, driving a car, you ARE a Hipocrite and should be shot or at least brainwashed. Wait a minute you are already brainwashed. How about a prefrontal labotomy then!!!
Wait, maybe I'm just brainwashed!! Nahhhhh. I love my fossil fuels and the only tree I'd ever hug would be a palm tree in a hurricane!!
Mow,
Wicky

ITSALLGOOD69
12-22-2003, 12:32 PM
F@#K THEM ALL!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D I GOT YOUR BACK!!

anxious
12-22-2003, 01:58 PM
insurance lapsed last year and they would renew it with over the top headers. borrowed a friends wet stacks and hot glued fake exhaust flaps on the back. waste of 3 hours:burningm:

Just Tool'n
12-23-2003, 10:22 PM
Politician & enviromentalist's!
They can all go to hell!

eliminatedsprinter
12-24-2003, 02:07 PM
I'm still registerd as a Dem, but I haven't voted for one in a very long time and I don't think I will again. I have many hobbies and they have tried to regulate the fun out of just about all of them. To paraphrase a Chinese philosopher -They are like busy little ants trying to spoil the picnic of life.:mad:

Wicky
12-24-2003, 03:19 PM
ES,
You are healed my brutha!!
The Libertarian Party now has my support.
Wicky

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
I'm still registerd as a Dem, but I haven't voted for one in a very long time and I don't think I will again. I have many hobbies and they have tried to regulate the fun out of just about all of them. To paraphrase a Chinese philosopher -They are like busy little ants trying to spoil the picnic of life.:mad:
I have observed this for years. Always under some seemingly benign guise, like clean air, water and protection of those endangered species. I mean how can you NOT support clean air, water etc.?? Always with specious arguments (BS in other words).
Really they just want more government, cuz government is the answer to everything evil...like boating, jet skiing, 4 wheeling, SUVs, Chain saws, gas lawnmowers, leaf blowers, power plants, lumber companies, kind of you name it the GOV can fix it.
Screw em all...:mad:

eliminatedsprinter
12-24-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Wicky
ES,
You are healed my brutha!!
The Libertarian Party now has my support.
Wicky
Yea, I'm pretty libertarian. Although I don't care for the party's support of open immigration and toll roads.:rolleyes:

Wicky
12-24-2003, 07:52 PM
Libertarian support group meeting 4/24/04 - Speed Alley- Lake Havasu!! Bring Your Own Blender!!
Wicky

Dribble
12-25-2003, 11:34 AM
It would be impossible to smog test boats. Water, infrared benches and Nox cells don't mix. I know there has been no talk of this at the CA state level. But if it was to happen it would go like this.
Mandate from US EPA.
Analysis of actual projected emission reductions.
Legislation passed and signed into law.
Regulations drafted and adopted.
Beta testing.
Implementation.
Maybe in about ten years but most likley it would involve a visual inspection (after) they passed laws making aftermarket high performance engines in new boats illegal. They would almost cetainly be bound to grandfather in existing HP applications. This would be a major cluster f*&k.

Dr. Eagle
12-25-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Dribble
It would be impossible to smog test boats. Water, infrared benches and Nox cells don't mix. I know there has been no talk of this at the CA state level. But if it was to happen it would go like this.
Mandate from US EPA.
Analysis of actual projected emission reductions.
Legislation passed and signed into law.
Regulations drafted and adopted.
Beta testing.
Implementation.
Maybe in about ten years but most likley it would involve a visual inspection (after) they passed laws making aftermarket high performance engines in new boats illegal. They would almost cetainly be bound to grandfather in existing HP applications. This would be a major cluster f*&k.
Definitely a huge CF

Kachina26
12-25-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Dribble
Water, infrared benches and Nox cells don't mix.
That's what I can't figure out, I've had cars with too much condensation in the pipe knock out my machine. I don't know how they could do anything other than visual inspection, or perhaps some system similar to OBD II.

Dr. Eagle
12-25-2003, 01:23 PM
I agree with Dribble, it would most likely just be a physical inspection and maybe a read of the computer. I can't see how to do a tailpipe emissions test either (as most of you have pointed out).
:eek: