PDA

View Full Version : earthquake has hit the Central Coast

mike37
12-22-2003, 10:13 PM
Dec. 22 - The earthquake was centered about 6 miles north of Cambria, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The main quake hit at about 11:15 a.m., and was immediately followed by at least five aftershocks of magnitude larger than 3.3.The largest, an estimated magnitude of about 4.7 hit a little before 11:30 a.m.
350 tourists were evacuated from Hearst Castle shortly after the earthquake hit, and a spokesperson says they are planning on resuming tours on Tuesday.
According to the San Luis Obispo Police Department, some people are hurt at the Wildhorse Winery, after some wine barrels fell over.
Pan Jewelers in Paso Robles was hit by the earthquake especially hard, as several floors of the building collapsed.Paso Robles police sergeant Bob Adams says the bodies of 19-year old Jennifer Myrick of Atascadero and 55-year old Marilyn Zafuto of Paso Robles were found outside Ann's Dress Shop in Paso Robles.
Emergency officials ask that people not call 9-1-1 unless it is an emergency, as the system is currently flooded by calls from concerned people.
50,000 homes are still without power, but PG&E officials say the power should be back up by 3:00 a.m. Tuesday morning.
The director of emergency services in San Luis Obispo County has declared a local emergency for the entire county, especially in the San Simeon and Paso Robles areas.
dam scary shit

396_Z
12-22-2003, 11:08 PM
I was wondering how you and the other local members came through after I talked to the family down there. Glad to hear your OK.
Last I heard everybody I know is ok with the exceptions of my cousin in Paso and my uncles cabin on Running Deer Ranch. No reports yet.

LASERRAY
12-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Take care up there you guys. We're thinking about you here in the 805. Sorry to hear about the fatalities, It's to bad around this time of year. A risk we all take living here I suppose.:(

mike37
12-23-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by 396_Z
I was wondering how you and the other local members came through after I talked to the family down there. Glad to hear your OK.
Last I heard everybody I know is ok with the exceptions of my cousin in Paso and my uncles cabin on Running Deer Ranch. No reports yet.
My dad and mom live at south runing dear
there mobil home got rocked every thing is on the floor
and the water tank is broke loos from the pipes
but it can all be put back togethere no one was hurt

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-23-2003, 08:23 AM
Glad to hear everyone is o.k the fatalities are too bad this time of year.. praying for the family what a terrible loss. hope all stays well up there.. take care of yourselves..

Havaparty
12-23-2003, 09:33 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss of life. I don't miss the earthquakes at all since I left Santa Cruz for Havasu:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: