PDA

View Full Version : New 300XS ---

TwinMach26DCB
03-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Okay -- The much heralded 300XS recently at the Miami boat show... Been to the Mercury racing site and see that Spectre twin but haven't seen any REAL WORLD numbers... I know that Tunnel T is slated for a F26 with these as is ClownRoyal with a F29...
BUT -- Does anyone know if there are any REAL gains to be had with these new motors... Point me in the right direction...
I'm NOTORIOUS for buying the firsts.. LTZ 400 quad, Honda 4 stroke CR 450, then the first 450X / Hummer H2 / LBZ Duramax - 6 spd allison.. ----- I know people say wait and see-- but I can't sleep thinking if these might be the NEXT BIG THING>>>>
Likely get a SMOKIN deal if I stepped up NOW !!!!
Any thoughts on this ???

stoker2001
03-25-2006, 03:51 PM
XS=Optimax=Direct injection=45% less fuel consumption at mid range cruise compared to standard fuel injection,also you never see visible smoke from exhaust.They weigh roughly the same as 300hp pro max,but about 100LBs heavier then 280 offshore.The revs will be less then the 300X so you just opt for the 1.62 lowers and go with a little more pitch.They are the only outboard that is allowed on Lake Tahoe

STOKER909
03-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Sounds awesome but a bit out my current price range.

TUNNEL T
03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
can't wait till these puppies arrive,then we'll find out! TUNNEL T :rollside:

Towndrunk
03-27-2006, 06:55 PM
Lake Tahoe? Who G A F ? :argue:

stoker2001
03-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Lake Tahoe? Who G A F ? :argue:Ya,Tahoe the most pristine,blueest,deepest alpine lake ever is only an hour drive,wha chew got :pGotta prop down and still loose prolly 20% cause of mile high plus,still bad to the bone :rollside:

Towndrunk
03-29-2006, 05:37 PM
I gotta deep clear lake 20 minutes from me. If I go on the week days I can actually open it up! :220v:

TUNNEL T
03-30-2006, 07:23 PM
IF YOU EVER HAVE THE CHANCE TO BOAT ,SWIM ,LOOK EVEN BREATH NEAR TAHOE YOU'D UNDERSTAND .but given your gps coordinate slightly below where the hell is black city az. we give you hall pass! TUNNEL T

ELIMINAT THIS
03-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Lake Tahoe? Who G A F ? :argue:
One of the most beautiful lake in the world,maybe you should change your name to Townsmokesalotacrack cause you must be high. :) :rollside:
Cant wait to see the new ride TT,is it the mold yet.

TUNNEL T
04-01-2006, 09:16 AM
One of the most beautiful lake in the world,maybe you should change your name to Townsmokesalotacrack cause you must be high. :) :rollside:
Cant wait to see the new ride TT,is it the mold yet.
SHE'S A CLOSE !!!!!!!

ClownRoyal
04-28-2006, 07:33 AM
Okay -- The much heralded 300XS recently at the Miami boat show... Been to the Mercury racing site and see that Spectre twin but haven't seen any REAL WORLD numbers... I know that Tunnel T is slated for a F26 with these as is ClownRoyal with a F29...
Will find out in August. Dave is rigging mine and another F29 at the same time. First DCBs with the new 300XSs. I love the fuel economy numbers. Just hope the boat goes fast enough to stay up with you. You will have to give me a heads start though :)

TUNNEL T
04-30-2006, 10:55 AM
CLOWN ROYAL, hey those pics you posted the other day were great ! as for your motors of choice ,i don't think mercury is going to go backwards on the performance scale even if these are clean burning motors.i was in s.d. at daves last mon, brian said he was going to call merc on our motors he said there are six of them ordered ,i take it two of them are yours two are mine who's getting the other two! when is your boat going in the mold or when are you expected to pick it up! TUNNEL T :)

ClownRoyal
05-02-2006, 01:56 PM
CLOWN ROYAL, hey those pics you posted the other day were great ! as for your motors of choice ,i don't think mercury is going to go backwards on the performance scale even if these are clean burning motors.i was in s.d. at daves last mon, brian said he was going to call merc on our motors he said there are six of them ordered ,i take it two of them are yours two are mine who's getting the other two! when is your boat going in the mold or when are you expected to pick it up! TUNNEL T :)
Hey Tunnel T,
Thanks for the compliment. Your are right...2 are yours, 2 are mine and the other two are for Patyaught who is getting an F29. Our F29s are going in mold Junish with delivery in August here at Havi. Can't wait. Seeing all the DCBs last weekend was great.
Will you be at the Regatta in June? We will be.

Kilrtoy
05-02-2006, 09:54 PM
SHE'S A CLOSE !!!!!!!
Is the boat out and on the water yet

Patyacht
05-03-2006, 02:22 PM
i was in s.d. at daves last mon, brian said he was going to call merc on our motors he said there are six of them ordered ,i take it two of them are yours two are mine who's getting the other two! when is your boat going in the mold or when are you expected to pick it up! TUNNEL T :)
I've got the other 2 on order. Getting excited, can't wait...
I think Dave's going to be doing mine and Clown Royal's together.

TUNNEL T
05-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Is the boat out and on the water yet
miguel ,no not yet ,stinkin illmors probably cost all of us another week or two ! brian said this week or first part of next! gettin antsy . probably not gonna make the regatta this year but i'll guarantee we'll be there for sure next year !

ClownRoyal
05-22-2006, 06:58 PM
miguel ,no not yet ,stinkin illmors probably cost all of us another week or two ! brian said this week or first part of next! gettin antsy . probably not gonna make the regatta this year but i'll guarantee we'll be there for sure next year !
Come to the regatta anyway. Dave will set you up with a ride.

Kilrtoy
05-26-2006, 01:16 AM
NO SHIT,
You know own the worlds best, You have to show it off

TUNNEL T
05-26-2006, 05:00 PM
i'm f@#$n tired of RIDING IN OTHER PEOPLES SHIT!!!!!! i'm boycotting boating till my junk arrives ! TUNNEL T :cry:

Forkin' Crazy
05-26-2006, 06:50 PM
XS=Optimax=Direct injection=45% less fuel consumption at mid range cruise compared to standard fuel injection,also you never see visible smoke from exhaust.They weigh roughly the same as 300hp pro max,but about 100LBs heavier then 280 offshore.The revs will be less then the 300X so you just opt for the 1.62 lowers and go with a little more pitch.They are the only outboard that is allowed on Lake Tahoe
What? They don't allow the ETecs? Prejudice bastards!!! No 4 stroke OBs either? No Verado? :220v:

Towndrunk
05-26-2006, 07:19 PM
What? They don't allow the ETecs? Prejudice bastards!!! No 4 stroke OBs either? No Verado? :220v:
You know how it is when ya got a mud hole thats popular? :p

ClownRoyal
05-30-2006, 05:41 PM
i'm f@#$n tired of RIDING IN OTHER PEOPLES SHIT!!!!!! i'm boycotting boating till my junk arrives ! TUNNEL T :cry:
No SHEIT!
So what's the word? When is your boat going to be ready?

stoker2001
05-30-2006, 06:38 PM
i'm f@#$n tired of RIDING IN OTHER PEOPLES SHIT!!!!!! i'm boycotting boating till my junk arrives ! TUNNEL T :cry: whats the latest date you have been promised? I missed you at the Red Bluff drags,we sawed them all off and took the $1K and plan on doing it again in two weeks at Chowchilla :crossx:

TUNNEL T
06-04-2006, 05:33 AM
No SHEIT!
So what's the word? When is your boat going to be ready?
the word sux! i'm waiting for merc to give dcb a date my motors are going to ship! so i asked bryan does this mean i'm not getting my boat till aug. he said were still shootin for july! TUNNEL T

TUNNEL T
06-04-2006, 05:35 AM
whats the latest date you have been promised? I missed you at the Red Bluff drags,we sawed them all off and took the $1K and plan on doing it again in two weeks at Chowchilla :crossx:
nice! i think i'm gonna go to camp far west for fathers day ! i need to sell that f@#$ n boat of mine! TUNNEL T

Kilrtoy
06-06-2006, 10:22 PM
the word sux! i'm waiting for merc to give dcb a date my motors are going to ship! so i asked bryan does this mean i'm not getting my boat till aug. he said were still shootin for july! TUNNEL T
WOW, that blows...... :mad:

DCBDaytona
06-07-2006, 06:14 AM
WOW, that blows...... :mad:
What blows??? The delay or the engines themselves? I just got another tip regarding the new 300xs...Not Good News.

ClownRoyal
06-07-2006, 07:46 AM
What blows??? The delay or the engines themselves? I just got another tip regarding the new 300xs...Not Good News.
What's the 'Not Good News'? Merc is 'still' saying 300hp at the prop. Less RPMs but more torque.

Kilrtoy
06-07-2006, 09:39 PM
WOW, home wrecker..........................................
so how is the honey, she was looking good, VERY GOOD LAST WEEKEND, speaking of home wreckers

TUNNEL T
06-15-2006, 03:51 PM
SHE'S IN THE MOLD ! motors are shipping next week! as for your bad news more torgue more pitch (just as fast ) at a lower rpm with better slip! in other words just as fast a same boat with x's end of story! TUNNEL T :yuk:

ClownRoyal
06-15-2006, 03:56 PM
SHE'S IN THE MOLD ! motors are shipping next week! as for your bad news more torgue more pitch (just as fast ) at a lower rpm with better slip! in other words just as fast a same boat with x's end of story! TUNNEL T :yuk:
Congrats!

TUNNEL T
06-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Congrats!
WHEN IS YOURS AND PARTYACHT'S boats going in ! i know partyacht is from the nortwest are you down south ! i'm askin becuz sept. is the second cat attack on lake shasta and i'm gonna be there ! that would be pretty sweet to have some new JUNK to float with! TUNNEL T

ClownRoyal
06-15-2006, 04:25 PM
WHEN IS YOURS AND PARTYACHT'S boats going in ! i know partyacht is from the nortwest are you down south ! i'm askin becuz sept. is the second cat attack on lake shasta and i'm gonna be there ! that would be pretty sweet to have some new JUNK to float with! TUNNEL T
TUNNEL
We changed course a little. Not going with wackers. Decided to stay sterndrive and go 525s. Both boats going into the mold within the next week. Nothing to do with the new 300xs'. Just opted for the inboards. I probably won't do Shasta till June 2007. Don't know Pat's plans.

MR HARLEY
06-15-2006, 05:01 PM
TUNNEL
We changed course a little. Not going with wackers. Decided to stay sterndrive and go 525s. Both boats going into the mold within the next week. Nothing to do with the new 300xs'. Just opted for the inboards. I probably won't do Shasta till June 2007. Don't know Pat's plans.
Your boat is gonna be sick! :crossx:

ClownRoyal
06-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Your boat is gonna be sick! :crossx:
Not as sick as yours :). How you doin Harley? Long time no talk/see. Can't wait till September. In the meantime, just boating up here in Idaho freezing my arse off :yuk:
BTW, nice pics from the Regatta!

MR HARLEY
06-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Not as sick as yours :). How you doin Harley? Long time no talk/see. Can't wait till September. In the meantime, just boating up here in Idaho freezing my arse off :yuk:
BTW, nice pics from the Regatta!
Doing great, Im really looking forward to your build! Nice decision to go with the 525's, solid motors.
Thanks for the kind words, hope to see you out in Havasu soon. :)

Patyacht
06-15-2006, 09:08 PM
TUNNEL
Now that the cat is out of the bag, guess I got to change my Avatar. My plans will depend on when the boat is delivered and where I decide to store the boat for the winter. My desire is to do both the CdA Regatta and the Cat Attack. My delivery date will drive that train.

Patyacht
06-16-2006, 11:43 PM
Now that the cat is out of the bag, guess I got to change my Avatar.
Done! Boat goes in the mold next week..... :) :rollside:

TUNNEL T
06-19-2006, 08:38 PM
CLOWN,PARTYACHT, i love my outboards but i truly think you guys we'll be happier with the motors yo chose ! that's alota boat to be pushin with two outboards ! with 525's you'll have alota trouble free boating! can't wait to see them all! TUNNEL T

Boat211
06-19-2006, 09:21 PM
CLOWN,PARTYACHT, i love my outboards but i truly think you guys we'll be happier with the motors yo chose ! that's alota boat to be pushin with two outboards ! with 525's you'll have alota trouble free boating! can't wait to see them all! TUNNEL T
Hurry up will ya!

TwinMach26DCB
07-10-2006, 08:59 AM
See p. 20 of this months ***boat and you see this thread !!! All I want is to see a pic of my boat in the damn mag... They print my question and give a Maynard Robinson / Bullhead City, NV the credit... If I can't get my boat in, at least I need my NAME in... Maynard, are you a real person ?
BTW - Alan Stoker says to expect a 300X to perform better on a small boat - and the 300 XS on the larger.. Tunnel T -- Are you rollin yet ?? I want to know !!!
Best of luck -- Kirk.

Kilrtoy
07-10-2006, 10:27 AM
I heard two more weekes before they are released

TOBTEK
07-10-2006, 10:39 AM
See p. 20 of this months ***boat and you see this thread !!! All I want is to see a pic of my boat in the damn mag... They print my question and give a Maynard Robinson / Bullhead City, NV the credit... If I can't get my boat in, at least I need my NAME in... Maynard, are you a real person ?
BTW - Alan Stoker says to expect a 300X to perform better on a small boat - and the 300 XS on the larger.. Tunnel T -- Are you rollin yet ?? I want to know !!!
Best of luck -- Kirk.
I saw that this weekend as well....... I like how they didnt change the screen names. You see where they also said you should buy our 26 :rollside:

TwinMach26DCB
07-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Mine and 25K and I'll wire the money 9:00 a.m. ///
I've had mine sold TWICE at what I paid... But haven't found anything I liked any better...
Say the word TOBY...

TOBTEK
07-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Mine and 25K and I'll wire the money 9:00 a.m. ///
I've had mine sold TWICE at what I paid... But haven't found anything I liked any better...
Say the word TOBY...
give me a call...... your VERY close to owning it :) 760-638-3810

TUNNEL T
07-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Best of luck -- Kirk.
no, but i'm alot closer. eric from dcb called today and we went over alot of rigging details(YES I SAID RIGGING) , can't wait now getting to close .trust me you'll all know when i get it ,cuz you'll never read my posts anymore! a buddy of mine just told me about the article! that's cool but your right all i want is a pic of my boat in that mag.TUNNEL T

TOBTEK
07-10-2006, 08:24 PM
no, but i'm alot closer. eric from dcb called today and we went over alot of rigging details(YES I SAID RIGGING) , can't wait now getting to close .trust me you'll all know when i get it ,cuz you'll never read my posts anymore! a buddy of mine just told me about the article! that's cool but your right all i want is a pic of my boat in that mag.TUNNEL T
T------ she's looking goooood! the colors look great, its gona look awesome in the water. You need to have my buddy at AP Designs work over your cowls, and seat backs..... maybe side pods :)

TUNNEL T
07-13-2006, 08:57 PM
I heard two more weekes before they are released
MIGUEL ,WHO'S YOUR SOURCE this sh@% aint funny anymore ,bryan has the boyz holding up till motors GET SHIPPED! waiting for my beloved friends at MERC RACING AGAIN! TUNNEL T

TUNNEL T
07-13-2006, 09:01 PM
T------ she's looking goooood! the colors look great, its gona look awesome in the water. You need to have my buddy at AP Designs work over your cowls, and seat backs..... maybe side pods :)
your buddy at ap. designs whats his name ! you need to be my little dcb spy and go post up a bunch of pics ,i'm too eliterate to do it .i do have quite a few pics though TUNNEL T

ClownRoyal
07-14-2006, 07:29 AM
See p. 20 of this months ***boat and you see this thread !!! All I want is to see a pic of my boat in the damn mag... They print my question and give a Maynard Robinson / Bullhead City, NV the credit... If I can't get my boat in, at least I need my NAME in... Maynard, are you a real person?
That cracks me up. Better luck next question Maynard...uh...I mean Kirk :rollside:

TOBTEK
07-14-2006, 09:24 AM
your buddy at ap. designs whats his name ! you need to be my little dcb spy and go post up a bunch of pics ,i'm too eliterate to do it .i do have quite a few pics though TUNNEL T
IF you want to contact ALEX at Ap designs, his # is 760-471-1024 or his website is WWW.APDESIGNSUSA.COM if YOU USE HIM, HIS SHOP IS 5 min's from my house, I can over see your paint work if you like.

TUNNEL T
07-17-2006, 05:20 PM
TOBY THANX i'll call him . what kinda ball park you think (real simple all silver with all the lettering done in burnt orange ) i know all plain but were keeping this thing for a few years ! TUNNEL T

ClownRoyal
08-10-2006, 04:31 PM
OK Tunnel,
Went to DCB today and did not see your boat. Said it was delivered yesterday. Give us the scoop on those new 300xs'.

TOBTEK
08-10-2006, 05:39 PM
OK Tunnel,
Went to DCB today and did not see your boat. Said it was delivered yesterday. Give us the scoop on those new 300xs'.
you should have called me, I needed an excuse to go down there. You could have bought me lunch and everthing.......

ClownRoyal
08-11-2006, 07:37 AM
you should have called me, I needed an excuse to go down there. You could have bought me lunch and everthing.......
Next time for sure. I was actually looking for a place to eat lunch. I had to settle for a bag of pretzels and jerky from a 7-11. :yuk:

TOBTEK
08-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Next time for sure. I was actually looking for a place to eat lunch. I had to settle for a bag of pretzels and jerky from a 7-11. :yuk:
SO, im assuming that your 29 has started? if so....wheres the damn pics :mad: :)

the_gray_goose
08-11-2006, 08:04 AM
I will second that! where are the pix's??????

TOBTEK
08-11-2006, 08:08 AM
WHATS UP Mr Goose? you and the misses been going out much?

ClownRoyal
08-11-2006, 09:24 AM
SO, im assuming that your 29 has started? if so....wheres the damn pics :mad: :)
Hasn't started yet. I am next to go in the mold in a week or two.

the_gray_goose
08-11-2006, 11:12 AM
WHATS UP Mr Goose? you and the misses been going out much?
Just one time since with you and the wife. How about you?
Not going again until labor day. We will be at my friend doug's house in parker.
Hay, I need some hot sause. How much for a gallon or so?? PM me.

the_gray_goose
08-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Hasn't started yet. I am next to go in the mold in a week or two.
Clown, What are you still doing in the outboard section?? are you coming back to the dark side with us Wacker guy's????

TOBTEK
08-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Just one time since with you and the wife. How about you?
Not going again until labor day. We will be at my friend doug's house in parker.
Hay, I need some hot sause. How much for a gallon or so?? PM me.
Haven't been since that last weekend with you and the LISA's. the 120 temp is just TO hot for wifey, and been busy trying to get the landscaping done at home. Trying to do a Birthday trip around the 15th of Sept. You and PARTY GIRL should come out.
The closest HotSauce dealer to you is Teauge Custom marine. He recieved his 1st order a few weeks ago. Not sure if he has gallons or just the quart sprayers?? The hot set up is go to HomeDepot and get a 1/2 gallon bug sprayer. Way easier to pump it up, and just spray on.... IMO. ALSO make sure your stocked up on large microfiber towls. Keep one damp with HotSauce, and keep a dry one to come right behind and polish.... works awesome.
OR come by the house, lay by the pool have a few of leisa pineapple martinis, and pick up here :)

TOBTEK
08-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Clown, What are you still doing in the outboard section?? are you coming back to the dark side with us Wacker guy's????
isnt he still getting 300XS's ?

ClownRoyal
08-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Isn't anyone with a DCB a member of the Dark Side? I want to be hated :rolleyes: . I am just lurking around here like a little troll :skull: .
Went with 525s for various reasons.

ClownRoyal
08-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Some guy named Bob Teague cut in line or I would have pix by now.

Blacksheep
09-05-2006, 06:14 AM
Do we have any pics available yet? What's the word on these new 300XS's? How are they performing?

TUNNEL T
09-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Do we have any pics available yet? What's the word on these new 300XS's? How are they performing?
THEY ARE PERFORMING PERFECT! as for performance #'s test and tune time is coming up! gonna raise the motors one hole on bracket and then start trying different wheels! prop right now 30 bravo , alittle trouble getting on plane in tahoe with a 100 gallons of gas and 4 adults and 4 kids 2 coolers and such! ran around tahoe for three days and only burned 1/2 tank! not too bad. TUNNEL T

Kilrtoy
09-05-2006, 07:34 PM
THEY ARE PERFORMING PERFECT! as for performance #'s test and tune time is coming up! gonna raise the motors one hole on bracket and then start trying different wheels! prop right now 30 bravo , alittle trouble getting on plane in tahoe with a 100 gallons of gas and 4 adults and 4 kids 2 coolers and such! ran around tahoe for three days and only burned 1/2 tank! not too bad. TUNNEL T
I would not gauge your preformance in a tahoe run..
The air is thin p at that elevation
Do you ever plan to talk about your boat or is this top secret B2 shit