PDA

View Full Version : '89 Ultra 20' Jet needed for test

Boatcop
12-23-2003, 02:31 PM
I'm working with a firm that needs a 1989 20'6" Ultra with Berkely Jet to test turning capabilities and steering reaction in the Southern California area.
This is to re-create an accident, and see how the boat reacts to throttle and helm input. THERE WILL BE NO OTHER BOATS INVOLVED so risk of damage to the boat is minimal. They will probably allow the owner to operate the boat throughout the test. Engine in the accident boat was a 455 Olds, but any bigblock should suffice, since mid range turning ability is what matters.
Expenses (travel to a suitable lake, meals, etc.), launch or other fees, and payment for your time and trouble will be handled through the firm.
If you have a boat that meets the above description please EMAIL (boatcop@boatcop.com) me or send a private message.
Thanks

12-23-2003, 02:39 PM
89 Ultra with a 455 Olds?
Whats with that???

BiggusJimbus
12-23-2003, 02:41 PM
I believe a similar request was posted previously this summer.
There was a lot of backlash about that request. It was surmised that the firm in question was looking to generate evidence against the boat or equipment manufacturers, and most folks are not down with that.
If it is for a purpose other than that, it might be helpful to explain so.
Otherwise, let the fireworks begin.

Boatcop
12-23-2003, 02:48 PM
This is not to diminish Ultra Boats or begin action against them.
Thanks Again.
EDIT: Rvrtoy is correct. Ultra is not assisting in this case. I will repeat that they also ARE NOT named, nor will they be in any lawsuit.
The test is merely to gain a better understanding of the dynamics of an accident.

rvrtoy
12-23-2003, 05:10 PM
Ultra Custom Boats is in no way assisting or helping to locate a boat in this lawsuit.

hack job
12-23-2003, 05:49 PM

BrendellaJet
12-23-2003, 06:41 PM
Sounds like people are being a little sensitive. Would you like it if someone you know was somehow harmed and the perp was being harbored from the law by someone who served to gain from their not being caught? I dont want to take sides(not until I know the facts), so why dont we wait until more of the facts are made available before we start trying to protect someone who is potentially guilty of a crime or some wrong doing-in my mind someone protecting a criminal might as well have committed the crime. And not helping serve the public interest is just plain f*^%ing ignorant.
Ive never seen or heard of anything about Boatcop being involved with anything shady or purposely causing trouble on the forums-he actually provides more value than most others. Lets give him a chance to explain more.
Boatcop-are you allowed to divulge any more specifics so people here can decide if they want to helpout?
I think I know someone with that hull. If you can fill us in a little more, I might be willing to try and get in touch with him.

dawgdude
12-23-2003, 06:45 PM
Boatcop, is this for reconstruction purposes. I do some accident reconstruction stuff down here in Texas with my department and for a few others. If so, and if it's close to what we do here in Texas, whoever decided to help out would be well compensated by that firm. I can see where some of these guys could be weary of what your asking not having delt in the field before. If your able to get someone I can promise they'll want to help out again. Just my .02 worth. The time involved is usually minimal and the return is great. Theres been times when I thought about leaving cop work to do only reconstruction. Goodluck finding someone.

Jetmugg
12-24-2003, 07:53 AM
If the money is that good, it shouldn't be a major hurdle just to buy an '89 Ultra 20' and use it as much as necessary. Re-sell the boat when done with it, and the firm will probably come out money ahead of paying someone for their travel, usage, and expense costs.
SteveM.

rvrtoy
12-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by BrendellaJet
Sounds like people are being a little sensitive. Would you like it if someone you know was somehow harmed and the perp was being harbored from the law by someone who served to gain from their not being caught? I dont want to take sides(not until I know the facts), so why dont we wait until more of the facts are made available before we start trying to protect someone who is potentially guilty of a crime or some wrong doing-in my mind someone protecting a criminal might as well have committed the crime. And not helping serve the public interest is just plain f*^%ing ignorant.
Ive never seen or heard of anything about Boatcop being involved with anything shady or purposely causing trouble on the forums-he actually provides more value than most others. Lets give him a chance to explain more.
Boatcop-are you allowed to divulge any more specifics so people here can decide if they want to helpout?
I think I know someone with that hull. If you can fill us in a little more, I might be willing to try and get in touch with him.
What are you trying to imply?:confused:

Boatcop
12-24-2003, 11:01 AM
Not sure what the implications are, but this is not for a criminal matter. The jurisdiction where the accident took place did not file any criminal charges, and none will be filed.

rvrtoy
12-24-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Boatcop
Not sure what the implications are, but this is not for a criminal matter. The jurisdiction where the accident took place did not file any criminal charges, and none will be filed.
That was not intended for you alan, but for Brendella jet. If he is trying to go where I think he is, I do not appreciate it. As most people know, One of my VERY good customers lost his life in this ACCIDENT. So I am just questioning him on his responce and trying to figure out what his implication was?
As I have stated before, I have no problem with boatcop and wish him the very best in his investigations and findings.:)

BrendellaJet
12-24-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by rvrtoy
What are you trying to imply?:confused:
RELAX! Im not trying to imply anything. Did you even read my post? I just saw some people getting bent on something they knew nothing about. Just figured it would be better if nobody jumped to conclusions and waited for more clarification.
And for the record, I never bother implying anything-if I thought someone did something wrong, i'd come out and say it.

BiggusJimbus
12-25-2003, 11:16 PM
Not sure where you saw people "Getting bent". It sure wasn't my post.
I merely suggested that This request had generated a lot of heat previously, so it might help the cause to explain what the purpose of the tests are (as much as possible).
Overall, people have become sensitive to the litigious ways of society these days, and don't want to contribute to the further sanitizing and restricting of our activities.
If I were in a position to follow up on the request, I'd certainly want to know what I was doing before commiting.
It's not like people on these boards overreact to everything without facts. :rolleyes:

BrendellaJet
12-26-2003, 08:07 AM
you dont see anyone getting bent because they deleted their post. Im not partial to either party, just thought people should give Alan a chance to explain.