PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator 40' Cat

cola
12-23-2003, 04:07 PM
Just saw the new 40' very deep cat from Eliminator with twin Yanmar 400 diesel motors. I heard they lake tested @ Perris Lake today, 53 mph . Definitely built for the ocean. I would say sport fishing. Has about a 2' tall windshield & 9' or 10' wide. BIG CAT.
Later, Mike

hboldno7
12-23-2003, 04:11 PM
No Pics ?

kevnmcd
12-23-2003, 04:16 PM
The ticket price starts at $1.5 mil (I believe) and last I heard they had 5 ordered. It is a 40' Fishing Catamaran. Their target market it Florida/Keys area.

HammerDown
12-23-2003, 05:14 PM
Sounds like there going after Skater...good luck.

PowellScooter
12-23-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
The Skater I rode in was faster than 53 mph Scooter

MagicMtnDan
12-23-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
1.5$$ FOR A "POS" ELIMINATOR,someones is taken it in the ASS:D :D :D
Yeah, no kidding. Here's just one boat $1.5mill will buy...
THE 2004 HOUSTON BOAT SHOW PREMIERS INDUSTRY'S FINEST WITH $1.5 MILLION PERSHING 50
The new Pershing 50, of the Ferretti Group, will be showcased at the 2004 Houston International Boat, Sport and Travel Show, January 9-18 at Reliant Center. The Pershing will be the largest and most expensive boats on display at this year's show, priced at $1.5 million.
The Pershing 50 has innovative streamlining with a unique sporting design magnified by refined, spacious interiors. Pershing is just one of eight distinctive brands of the Ferretti Group, headquartered in Forli, Italy. The Ferretti Group is one of the world's largest yacht builders, producing luxury motor yachts ranging in size from 23' all the way to 211'.
This innovative motoryacht, whose instrument panel is modeled on the lines of the Pershing 76, is a further expression of the "next generation": it is 50 ft in length and boasts an aerodynamic profile and a cockpit providing exceptional comfort. The cockpit incorporates a comfortable, luminous dinette with a retractable table. Other highlights of this model are spacious, lateral walkways and an electric hardtop, functional features designed by Pershing designer Fulvio De Simoni to offer maximum navigating comfort. The comfortable below deck area features a fore master cabin, 2 double guest beds, and another bedroom for the boatman.
Particular attention has been focused on the beautifully crafted interior furnishings. Full of lacquered cherry and leather, the 50's saloon raises the bar for performance-boat interiors. This has the sort of standard you expect to find only aboard large yachts.
Another surprise is the performance of the Pershing 50, the smallest of the range to be equipped with Arneson surface drives, which combined with the MAN 800 diesel engine, can reach surprising speeds. This is true sport-boat performance, leaving no doubt that she is built for speed with a figure of 45 knots in light conditions. The Pershing 50 is fast, powerful, and has classic Italian style and flair to match. Known for its expert craftsmanship and quality design components, the new Pershing 50 is one of the pre-eminent motoryachts afloat, and you can see her at the 2004 Houston International Boat, Sport and Travel Show, January 9-18 at Reliant Center.
http://www.houstonboatshows.com/images_2004_houston_boat_show/pershing_50_ferretti_group.jpg

joey123
12-24-2003, 08:43 AM
Pictures of the Eliminator 40' Cat on Lake Perris. It ran 56 MPH on its maiden voyage. We still have some prop testing to do, but the boat should run in the mid 60 mph range. It is 40' long and 10' wide. The price of the boat will be in the $500k range, not $1.5 million!!! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but how can you call it a "POS" if you have never even seen it in person!!!
Thank You,
Team Eliminator

joey123
12-24-2003, 08:45 AM
One more picture of the Eliminator 40' Cat.

BADBLOWN572
12-24-2003, 08:45 AM
What power was in the first one to run in the 50's?

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by HammerDown
No Bob Leach said he got the idea on a trip to Florida. He saw the Fishing boats of similar design intent and decided to take a stab at desiging a "custom" stylized cat fishing boat. They have had pics of the progress on the Eliminator Web Site for some time...
Definitely not aimed at the same customer as Skater though...
:D :D

25 Eagle
12-24-2003, 08:50 AM
If it was bult by DAVE the cost would be 1.5 mill and alot of folks around here might think it's a bargain.

joey123
12-24-2003, 08:52 AM
The 40' has 440 HP Yanmar Diesels with Arneson Surface Drives and Rolla 25 Pitch Propellers. We are still working on the setup, and everything points to 64mph when we are finished. We are NOT trying to compete with Skater with this boat. It is not a race boat. It is being designed as a Sport Yacht and pleasure cruiser. We are looking for good performance for a boat of this size, but I repeat.....it is not a race boat!
Thank You,
Team Eliminator

Havasu Hangin'
12-24-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by 25 Eagle
If it was bult by DAVE the cost would be 1.5 mill and alot of folks around here might think it's a bargain.
But it wouldn't have any checkers?

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
But it wouldn't have any checkers?
No, but for an extra $500 it can have some vinyl appliques of Marlins or Dolphins on it...:D

HOSS
12-24-2003, 08:56 AM
I`m glad to see more diesels being used. No taxes on the red juice. Thats damn good.
I`m wondering why none of the big hull builders go with a hydro foil or wing? When we put one on the Cat ferry at Halter the thing was almost totally out of the water at about 20 mph. We attached it because the engineers wanted to create even less wake. This vessel was built out of aluminum also.

Havasu Cig
12-24-2003, 08:56 AM
I think it is a cool idea. Not your typical sportfisher, and if you have priced a sportfisher in that size range with that power that is not a bad price.

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
I think it is a cool idea. Not your typical sportfisher, and if you have priced a sportfisher in that size range with that power that is not a bad price.
Mr. Leach is no dummy. I think he saw a market niche and created a dynamite custom product to offer. I would never want this kind of a boat, but I don't live in Florida or care to fish either. That is me, and there are lots of people that do so for them this is a perfect product offering. The statement above from Team Eliminator is exactly the way I understood the project...:cool:

bigq
12-24-2003, 09:15 AM
:D

Jrocket
12-24-2003, 09:17 AM
One ugly boat! Thats in person too.

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Jrocket
One ugly boat! Thats in person too.
Probably even uglier with 6 big ass Deep Sea Fishing Poles on it. It is designed for its market, which is nothing like the one we are accustomed to in Lake Boating...:D

HammerDown
12-24-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
No Bob Leach said he got the idea on a trip to Florida. He saw the Fishing boats of similar design intent and decided to take a stab at desiging a "custom" stylized cat fishing boat. They have had pics of the progress on the Eliminator Web Site for some time...
Definitely not aimed at the same customer as Skater though...
True...I belived it to be a off shore "Big Race Cat" going after the East Coast Giant "Skater" Market...how silly of me:rolleyes:

HammerDown
12-24-2003, 12:04 PM
Just what makes you people say it's ugly?
Because it's Big Deep Cat?

Havasu Cig
12-24-2003, 12:10 PM
I like the way it looks. I would not compare it to a performance boat, but for a fishing boat it is very cool imo.
I could do without the cabin windows though.:rolleyes:

MagicMtnDan
12-24-2003, 01:30 PM
I don't claim to be an expert fisherman but 40' fishing boats usually have a lot of deck space (for fishing) and bait wells, etc.
I don't get the fishing part of this cat but those in-the-know must know what they want and I'm sure Eliminator is going to give 'em just that.

Charley
12-24-2003, 01:41 PM
That's a lame comment, but the fact of the matter is that DCB rigged Eliminators are worth more used, I wonder why?
On the subject of this thread : I agree with Hav-cig ... This is very likely a brilliant move by Bob Leach. Fast Sport fishers are in demand and people are payin big bucks for them. If Eliminator "nails" it I would expect alot more models to come.

Havasu Cig
12-24-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
I don't claim to be an expert fisherman but 40' fishing boats usually have a lot of deck space (for fishing) and bait wells, etc.
I don't get the fishing part of this cat but those in-the-know must know what they want and I'm sure Eliminator is going to give 'em just that.
I have seen some other pictures, and the deck appeared to be fairly big. The one I saw also had a tower on it for poles, radar ect...

Havasu Hangin'
12-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Charley
That's a lame comment...
Just ignore em Charley...
...he's probably just bitter because the $/checker is out of his price range.

THOR
12-24-2003, 03:06 PM
That's a lame comment, but the fact of the matter is that DCB rigged Eliminators are worth more used, I wonder why?
On the subject of this thread : I agree with Hav-cig ... This is very likely a brilliant move by Bob Leach. Fast Sport fishers are in demand and people are payin big bucks for them. If Eliminator "nails" it I would expect alot more models to come.
Whether it is 'rigged' by DCB or not, it still says ELIMINATOR on it. BTW, where did Dave work and learn how to rig. HMMMMMMMMM:D

HOSS
12-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Needs a tuna tower. The cat boats are much more stable so a three deck tower with the added 2 stages of steering/controls is way hip. And being able to cruise at speed with range will deffinately land the Big Boys with Big Bucks. :D
Propane injection is a viable option. Next option I`m bringing to gearheads because what would an exhaust brake do for a boat?

Charley
12-24-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by THOR
Whether it is 'rigged' by DCB or not, it still says ELIMINATOR on it. BTW, where did Dave work and learn how to rig. HMMMMMMMMM:D
Bill Gates first programming job would be when he offered the principle at his high school a timetable organizer that would be more efficient and easier to use than what the principle had previously been using.
I guess Gates owes all his success to that principle eh?

25 Eagle
12-24-2003, 08:17 PM
I think it probably was IBM where he got his start at ripping off. Humm...

svlperry
12-24-2003, 09:14 PM
can some body put eliminators web site up

Charley
12-24-2003, 10:41 PM
I think it probably was IBM where he got his start at ripping off. Humm...
Ya Ya I saw the movie... Do you guys really think the reason Dave is successful is because he worked at eliminator or is it because he is genuine, meticulous, hard working, personable and talented. I'll say that about anyone who owns a company.... 5% of success is knowing how to do something 95% is the way you do it.

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by svlperry
can some body put eliminators web site up Your wish is my command...
Eliminator (http://www.eliminatorboat.com/)

TheLurker
12-24-2003, 11:14 PM
Your wish is my command...
Eliminator (http://www.eliminatorboat.com/)
Wow your giving out wishes as easy as that huh?
Ok ill have a case of Bass Ale and a belly dancer. No no no make that 2 belly dancers

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by TheLurker
Wow your giving out wishes as easy as that huh?
and a belly dancer. No no no make that 2 belly dancers
Harem attire or something a little more modern???;)

TheLurker
12-24-2003, 11:26 PM
Im kind of into that Harem attire fantisy at the moment:)

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by TheLurker
Im kind of into that Harem attire fantisy at the moment:)
See what I can whip up for ya...;)

cola
12-24-2003, 11:35 PM
You guys need to take it easy on Bob & Dave. Everybody used to work at Eliminator.
Later, Mike

Charley
12-24-2003, 11:58 PM
Nice website
PS found this: USED 2000 28 Daytona Low Profile
Twin Mercury 575sc's with bravo drives, Every Option available was put on this boat!
Awesome!!!!
$180,000
AND YOU GUYS THINK DAVE IS EXPENSIVE?:D

Dr. Eagle
12-25-2003, 12:15 AM
Nice website
PS found this: USED 2000 28 Daytona Low Profile
Twin Mercury 575sc's with bravo drives, Every Option available was put on this boat!
Awesome!!!!
$180,000
AND YOU GUYS THINK DAVE IS EXPENSIVE?:D
Well, yeah, he is. And so are the used boats at eliminator, unless they have been sitting there for a long time...:D

Charley
12-25-2003, 01:57 AM
Well, yeah, he is. And so are the used boats at eliminator, unless they have been sitting there for a long time...:D
aha! ;)

DBM
12-25-2003, 09:31 AM
If Dave had it, it would be at the bargain basement price of $225,000 :D

Dr. Eagle
12-25-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by DBM
If Dave had it, it would be at the bargain basement price of $225,000 :D
Less engines, drives and controls.....:D