PDA

View Full Version : Worst West Coast Lakes!!!

LASERRAY
12-23-2003, 10:20 PM
Ok, so I thieved the idea from HSW. Any Cesspools out there? Overzealous Boatcops? etc.....

rivercrazy
12-23-2003, 10:24 PM
Castaic.
Perris

jbtrailerjim
12-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Lake Perris. Get's closed about once a summer for high bacteria level's and loaded with lake lice.:yuk:

LASERRAY
12-23-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
Lake Perris. Get's closed about once a summer for high bacteria level's and loaded with lake lice.:yuk: Aren't they one in the same?:D

Kilrtoy
12-23-2003, 10:30 PM
Please Castaic is the nicest out here.
Its just that the overzealous cops and life guards made it bad......

LASERRAY
12-23-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Please Castaic is the nicest out here.
Its just that the overzealous cops and life guards made it bad...... So what's the deal with Castaic? Did they find the money to keep it open? Or did they close it as reported?

rivercrazy
12-23-2003, 10:33 PM
It aint the water, location, etc.
Its the 35mph speed limit, attitude from the lifeguards, etc. Makes it not even worth going to.

Dr. Eagle
12-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
It aint the water, location, etc.
Its the 35mph speed limit, attitude from the lifeguards, etc. Makes it not even worth going to.
It is why I am sooooooooooooo glad to live up here where I have all of these lakes, rivers and the Delta to chose from.
Boating in So Cal is not a happenin thing. You more or less have to go a few hundred miles to do any really enjoyable boating...:(

jbtrailerjim
12-23-2003, 10:40 PM
I have not boated in my boat on a lake in California in almost 10 year's. I went to Elsinore a couple of years ago to run my dad's boat and it was only to test out the new motor. So. Cal. lakes suck.

LASERRAY
12-23-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
It is why I am sooooooooooooo glad to live up here where I have all of these lakes, rivers and the Delta to chose from.
Boating in So Cal is not a happenin thing. You more or less have to go a few hundred miles to do any really enjoyable boating...:( I am near two decent bodies of water in Lake Casitas, and Lake Cachuma. They both suck for boating, 35mph, cannot contact the water. What a waste.:yuk: :mad:

Wicked1
12-23-2003, 10:52 PM
HEY LASERRAY WHERE YOU FROM? I ALWAYS BOAT AT CASITAS WHEN I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO AT HOME OR DONT WANNA DRIVE TO PYRAMID,, CASITAS= GLASS ALL THE TIME,, JUST MAKE THE SPEED PASSES BEHIND THE ISLAND...IVE ONLY GOT CAUGHT ONCE,,NO CONTACT SUCKS THOUGH...

jbtrailerjim
12-23-2003, 10:52 PM
Out here we have Diamond Valley Lake. It is huge but 35 mph speed limit, no body contact, and your boat has to pass inspection first to make sure you are running fuel without "MTBE" in it. What a freakin waste of a good lake.:yuk:

LASERRAY
12-23-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Wicked1
HEY LASERRAY WHERE YOU FROM? I ALWAYS BOAT AT CASITAS WHEN I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO AT HOME OR DONT WANNA DRIVE TO PYRAMID,, CASITAS= GLASS ALL THE TIME,, JUST MAKE THE SPEED PASSES BEHIND THE ISLAND...IVE ONLY GOT CAUGHT ONCE,,NO CONTACT SUCKS THOUGH... Lovely Camarillo.:cool:

LASERRAY
12-23-2003, 11:00 PM
Out here we have Diamond Valley Lake. It is huge but 35 mph speed limit, no body contact, and your boat has to pass inspection first to make sure you are running fuel without "MTBE" in it. What a freakin waste of a good lake.:yuk: Is that the New lake that was sold to the voters/taxpayers as a NORMAL lake?

jbtrailerjim
12-23-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Is that the New lake that was sold to the voters/taxpayers as a NORMAL lake?
Yep, that's the lake they(M.W.D) blew a bunch of smoke up the taxpayer's ass telling everyone it would be a full recreational lake.

LASERRAY
12-23-2003, 11:06 PM
Yep, that's the lake they(M.W.D) blew a bunch of smoke up the taxpayer's ass telling everyone it would be a full recreational lake. Where is that located? (not that i would ever go there).

jbtrailerjim
12-23-2003, 11:08 PM
Where is that located? (not that i would ever go there).
Out near Hemet.

LASERRAY
12-23-2003, 11:13 PM
Yep, that's the lake they(M.W.D) blew a bunch of smoke up the taxpayer's ass telling everyone it would be a full recreational lake. What a joke! Has anybody sued?

jbtrailerjim
12-23-2003, 11:18 PM
What a joke! Has anybody sued?
Not that I know of. It's a bunch of bullshit. Oh well, I'll just keep driving four hours out to Havasu and give my money to Arizona.

LASERRAY
12-23-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Wicked1
HEY LASERRAY WHERE YOU FROM? I ALWAYS BOAT AT CASITAS WHEN I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO AT HOME OR DONT WANNA DRIVE TO PYRAMID,, CASITAS= GLASS ALL THE TIME,, JUST MAKE THE SPEED PASSES BEHIND THE ISLAND...IVE ONLY GOT CAUGHT ONCE,,NO CONTACT SUCKS THOUGH... I usually do weekends at Lake San Antonio. Nothing beats the lakeshore camping! Set-up the 5th wheel a few feet from the H2O and simply walk-out to your boat. Sweet! :cool:

hislittleho
12-23-2003, 11:27 PM
Lake Perris...Oh and Elsinore.:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

LASERRAY
12-23-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by hislittleho
Lake Perris...Oh and Elsinore.:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: Where is lake perris? I think I was there once back in the 80's.

Cas
12-23-2003, 11:31 PM
Sure am glad I live in NorCal :)
for now anyway.....

LASERRAY
12-23-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Cas
Sure am glad I live in NorCal :)
for now anyway..... Until The Big One hits and L.A. becomes your neighbor!!!:D

hislittleho
12-23-2003, 11:37 PM
Where is lake perris? I think I was there once back in the 80's. .
ahhhh...duh ...ahhhh.... I went there once along time ago. I think it was in a small town called LAKE PERRIS. God awful little town it was. :D :D :D

LASERRAY
12-23-2003, 11:43 PM
ahhhh...duh ...ahhhh.... I went ther once along time ago. I think it was in a small town called LAKE PERRIS. God awful little town it was. :D :D :D Ok smartass, that helps me like NOT AT ALL!!!!:D It's near...................................?????????

hislittleho
12-23-2003, 11:46 PM
Ok smartass, that helps me like NOT AT ALL!!!!:D It's near...................................?????????
Ok near another god awful town called Moreno Valley. About 15 minutes from awful riverside and an hour from the wonderful Orange County :) :D :) :D ;) ;)

LASERRAY
12-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Ok near another god awful town called Moreno Valley. About 15 minutes from awful riverside and an hour from the wonderful Orange County :) :D :) :D ;) ;) Ok, you're getting warmer......................! My friends bought a House In Temecula back in 1988 or 1989 and the lake was maybe 15 minutes from his house. Is that Perris?

hislittleho
12-23-2003, 11:56 PM
Ok, you're getting warmer......................! My friends bought a House In Temecula back in 1988 or 1989 and the lake was maybe 15 minutes from his house. Is that Perris?
Might be Elsinore. Elsinore is closer to temecula than Perris.
But they both suck :D :D :D

LASERRAY
12-23-2003, 11:58 PM
Might be Elsinore. Elsinore is closer to temecula than Perris.
But they both suck :D :D :D No, I'm famillar with Smellsinore. It wasn't there.

hislittleho
12-24-2003, 12:02 AM
No, I'm famillar with Smellsinore. It wasn't there.
I have heard of this lake! :D :D :D

MagicMtnDan
12-24-2003, 12:22 AM
* Castaic - sucks (too many reasons) Still waiting to hear how they're gonna screw it up even more (and trust me, they could even screw up a closed lake)
* Pyramid - sucks (doesn't really but don't go there so we can get in if we show up after 8:30AM :D )
* Elsinore ("Smells-some-more") - sucks (two reasons not to go there - floating fish and turds :D )
* Isabella - sucks (two reasons not to go there - gets windy almost every single day and water level can be low) - Bakersfield area

JustMVG
12-24-2003, 01:50 AM
Anyone try Lake Success in Porterville? There is also Lake Millerton, both have nice Camping areas, butyou have to keep an eye omn your stuff on Sundays, the locals get the day off and come up in hordes and will take anything that isin't tied down or spoken for,, Midweek for those lakes, and ya gotta watch out for the law, they can ba a real pain. the water stays nice until real late in the day , then cleans up and you can go for a nice run or cruise w your buds to watch the sun go down behind the damn and swim to your hearts content. Nice campgrounds and if your daring you can take your motorhome down to the waters edge and camp for theday, sometmes during the middle of the week the just let you stay there on the beach, you can night run too just be careful and dont race around.

Wet Dream
12-24-2003, 06:02 AM
What the hell is this "No Contact" thing?:confused:

MagicMtnDan
12-24-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Wet Dream
Uh, just guessing that it means you can't get in the water?

Coach
12-24-2003, 07:21 AM
No has mentioned Puddingstone. Probably because it is so small no one goes out on it. It is a 35 mph speed limit between 10 am - 4 pm. Had my ass chewed for testing out a new boat at 8 am going 30 mph, didn't know about the noise ordinance. It is an insult to other lakes to call Puddingstone a lake.

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Coach
No has mentioned Puddingstone. Probably because it is so small no one goes out on it. It is a 35 mph speed limit between 10 am - 4 pm. Had my ass chewed for testing out a new boat at 8 am going 30 mph, didn't know about the noise ordinance. It is an insult to other lakes to call Puddingstone a lake.
I remember going swimming at Puddingstone in the 70s when my sister in law lived in Pomona. That place was like an oversized cow pond....:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Wet Dream
You can't put your butt in the water....NO SWIMMING!!!:rolleyes: ;)

mikev
12-24-2003, 08:03 AM
Glad I moved to Georgia I am 6 miles from Lake Lanier no speed limits and you can get in it. It gets kind of rough on weekends due to allot of boat traffic but lake Hartwell is only 70 miles away and has almost no boat traffic on the weekends. :D :D

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by mikev
Glad I moved to Georgia I am 6 miles from Lake Lanier no speed limits and you can get in it. It gets kind of rough on weekends due to allot of boat traffic but lake Hartwell is only 70 miles away and has almost no boat traffic on the weekends. :D :D
Like I said in the other "Best Lakes" post in West Coast Hotspots...
Northern Cali kicks on So Cal. I have a 14,000 acre lake with the launch ramp less than 2 miles from my driveway. If I get bored there are a dozen nice lakes within 100 miles (including Tahoe at about 65 miles) and then there is the Sacramento River and the Sac/San Joaquin Delta just about 40 miles away...

Havasu Cig
12-24-2003, 08:17 AM
I vote for Perris and Elsinore as well. Perris is probably the worse of the two because of the 35 mph limit on the entire lake.
I have mixed emotions on Diamond Valley. It would have been cool to have a big lake that was closer than Havasu, and maybe even help with the overcrowding at Havasu.
With it being the way it is though, I think it will protect my property value at havasu.:D

Havasu Cig
12-24-2003, 08:19 AM
Dr. Eagle,
We have a lake front cabin on Tahoe, but have never taken our boat there. We definitely want to do it this summer. My other 1/2 inherited it, but it is such a long drive we have only flown there. How is the boating scene there?

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
Dr. Eagle,
We have a lake front cabin on Tahoe, but have never taken our boat there. We definitely want to do it this summer. My other 1/2 inherited it, but it is such a long drive we have only flown there. How is the boating scene there?
It is really pretty nice. My wife never got the idea of the best way to attack the lake though. I have observed most people get out early and are off the lake by say 2pm.
It is so big and there are prevailing winds that come from the west in summer. So if you want to visit the east shore of the lake, even in a big offshore boat like I used to have, it is best to do before say 11:00 in the morning. I did that last summer and tried to make it back across the lake at about 4pm. Got beat to death, it was the high seas.
There are lots of eateries and bars on the water with dock space (limited) and some with buoy mooring with a water taxi service. I like it, the clear water is beautiful (but cold). You lose about 15MPH due to the 6200 foot altitude but it is still a different and nice experience.
With the Ultra and open bow, I will have to stick with the West shore from now on...;)

mikev
12-24-2003, 08:35 AM
i hear you dr. eagle i still have relatives that live up by Tahoe and I love it up there, but I sure as hell couldnt afford to live there.

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by mikev
i hear you dr. eagle i still have relatives that live up by Tahoe and I love it up there, but I sure as hell couldnt afford to live there.
Neither could I...:(
I usually try to get up there once a year and rent a cabin in July or August. That is when the water temp is "tolerable".

Havasu Cig
12-24-2003, 09:03 AM
Sounds like fun...There is a buoy in front of the cabin, but it has only had smaller boats on it. I don't know if I would trust our boat on it, but I have thought of trying to anchor it better. I think it only has a bucket of concrete right now. Maybe getting a slip is the best option.
The cabins (there are actually two on the property) are in Meeks bay, if you know were that is. If we head up we will have to hook up.

hurleyr
12-24-2003, 09:06 AM
You have to add Lake Buena Vista near Bakersfield, the mud pit of So. Cal. Maximum depth approximately 10'. Really, my buddy fell off a ski and came up with a face full of mud in the middle of the lake. This place is a joke, rules, rules. rules, zoo, zoo, zoo, rough, rough, rough.
http://www.co.kern.ca.us/parks/bo.htm

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 09:09 AM
Sounds like fun...There is a buoy in front of the cabin, but it has only had smaller boats on it. I don't know if I would trust our boat on it, but I have thought of trying to anchor it better. I think it only has a bucket of concrete right now. Maybe getting a slip is the best option.
The cabins (there are actually two on the property) are in Meeks bay, if you know were that is. If we head up we will have to hook up.
Sounds like a plan HC. I would love to hook up with you up there next summer.
A box anchor would hold your boat out there w/o a problem. I had one for my 30' eagle and in a week at Havasu it didn't creep a bit even with the speed of the wind and the changing directions of the wind.
The Offshore boat was ideally suited to Lake Tahoe. Smaller boats can be a little dicey in some wind conditions there.
My Eagle would do about 83 at sea level, I got it up to about 67 up there. But it took the computers a while to adjust the engine to get that performance... about a half hour.

Ducatista
12-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Lovely Camarillo.:cool: I see you have that Camarillo Brillo going on! :wink:

Ducatista
12-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Like I said in the other "Best Lakes" post in West Coast Hotspots...
Northern Cali kicks on So Cal. I have a 14,000 acre lake with the launch ramp less than 2 miles from my driveway. If I get bored there are a dozen nice lakes within 100 miles (including Tahoe at about 65 miles) and then there is the Sacramento River and the Sac/San Joaquin Delta just about 40 miles away... I would have to agree with you...thats why most of us So Cal's head to Havasu/Mead/Powel/Mohave and the likes...much to the chagrin of the locals and LE.

rivercrazy
12-24-2003, 09:41 AM
I did a bit of boating on Tahoe before. Its one of the best scenery lakes anywhere. Just stay on the west shore and cruise up to the north side of the lake. There are many bar/restaurants to stop and visit. The south side of the lake has a few really nice coves (like Emerald).
Again some of the best scenery to be found anywhere....

gnarley
12-24-2003, 10:09 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Cas
Sure am glad I live in NorCal
for now anyway.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until The Big One hits and L.A. becomes your neighbor!!!:D
LASERRAY if the big one hits all of So CAL will be part of the newly expanded Pacific Ocean.
It's kind of funny what you take for granted, we have so many lakes & rivers up here in the north part of the state that you have to make a decision about where to go and it’s never crowded. In Southern California there are a lot of people who boat but there isn't much water to speak of in because it’s desert.
If it weren’t for the water from the Colorado & water from Northern California that is being diverted to Southern California it would still be a desert. Sure there is boating in the Pacific Ocean but fewer are able to do that than fresh water boating. I feel bad for all of the people who are into boating down there but have crapy lakes or little mud holes that you can’t swim in or can’t go faster than 35 MPH, that sounds like fun wooo whoooo.

Kachina26
12-24-2003, 10:29 AM
Elsinore is by far the nastiest lake I've had the misfortune to boat in. It's only saving grace is the center speed zone. I took my boat there for it's maiden voyage (used boat gotta try it out) before I drug it all the way to the river, I was afraid to touch the water. It was soooooo green and smelly. I think the only reason it hasn't been dubbed a no touch lake is because few would want to touch it! And what's up with no touch anyway? Is there something on the human body that would befoul the lake more than engine exhaust/raw fuel and oil from some pigs bilge? Is the wildlife bothered more by the splashing of swimmers than the noise from hundreds of props? I had to upgrade to a bigger boat to deal with the chop out on Havasu and the like, and I have to drive 4 hours to get there, but it is a far cry better than boating in So Cal.

OGShocker
12-24-2003, 10:56 AM
We were at Perris doing a photo shoot this past weekend. Eight boats and 10 models! The models were the high point. The low point was when we got back to our trucks ALL of us had tickets...$64.00 EACH. Something about putting the permit where they could be seen..DOH!!

LASERRAY
12-24-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Coach
No has mentioned Puddingstone. Probably because it is so small no one goes out on it. It is a 35 mph speed limit between 10 am - 4 pm. Had my ass chewed for testing out a new boat at 8 am going 30 mph, didn't know about the noise ordinance. It is an insult to other lakes to call Puddingstone a lake. I'd have to agree with you. What a joke. I can't believe that they used to have the boatdrags there.:confused:

mirvin
12-24-2003, 12:17 PM
Dude, the nastiest lake around is Perris, BY FAR!! I only got in the water once and by that afternoon my piercing was infected. My lady had green shit stuck to her too.
Damn gross:(

hurleyr
12-24-2003, 12:32 PM
I guess people like cappin better than complimenting.
"Worst" lake in the West is kickin butt over the "Best" lake in the West.

LASERRAY
12-24-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by hurleyr
I guess people like cappin better than complimenting.
"Worst" lake in the West is kickin butt over the "Best" lake in the West. I think that speaks poorly of the lakes around here hurleyr, I think that I have achieved my objective.:cool:

jackaroos
12-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Folsom Lake if you have any kind of loud or fast boat plus you can not even drink on the beach anymore plus boat cops

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by jackaroos
Folsom Lake if you have any kind of loud or fast boat plus you can not even drink on the beach anymore plus boat cops
There are boatcops, I have lived and boated here for 15 years and never have been pulled over for anything,
Also I had an unmuffled offshore boat with twin 502s and was never ever hassled in 3 years. As far as alcohol on the beach...drink on the damn boat! Besides, they patrol the areas you can drive to, not the areas where you can daycamp like the penninsula. Particularly Granite Bay, Folsom Point and Beales Point. This is where underage drinkers were causing problems.
If you don't like Folsom, fine with me...stay away, that is one less person I have to dodge......:rolleyes:

randy77zt
12-24-2003, 01:30 PM
if i lived in socal i wouldnt bother owning a boat.i have many lakes within 1 hour of my house.but i like the delta.just make sure you have lots of gas on board.

Havasu Cig
12-24-2003, 03:06 PM
I have the Pacific Ocean 10 minutes from mine.:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 03:34 PM
I have the Pacific Ocean 10 minutes from mine.:rolleyes:
And with a boat like yours you are in a perfect spot! I never got to take mine out on the ocean, only on the SF Bay. I always wanted to make the trip to Catalina. ;)

Havasu Cig
12-24-2003, 03:40 PM
Catalina is a fun trip...I was out on SF bay once in the boat that took us to Alcatraz, and it was very rough and windy. Would be scarry in a smaller boat.:eek:

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Catalina is a fun trip...I was out on SF bay once in the boat that took us to Alcatraz, and it was very rough and windy. Would be scarry in a smaller boat.:eek:
That water out on the bay has some of the most unreal currents I have ever seen...
I cannot imagine taking a 20 foot boat on that churning water...:eek!:

Sherpa
12-24-2003, 03:45 PM
the delta is terrible.
really.
stay way..
there's too many people skiing.
it's dangerous..
the water is dirty..
there are too many boats..
it's awfull..
please, stay away....
hehehe
--Sherpa

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Sherpa
the delta is terrible.
really.
stay way..
there's too many people skiing.
it's dangerous..
the water is dirty..
there are too many boats..
it's awfull..
please, stay away....
hehehe
--Sherpa
OK Sherpa, see you out there......:eek: :D

Havasu Cig
12-24-2003, 03:48 PM
That water out on the bay has some of the most unreal currents I have ever seen...
I cannot imagine taking a 20 foot boat on that churning water...:eek!:
My other 1/2's dad did the swim around Alcatraz, and after seeing the water out there I could not believe it.:eek:

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 03:50 PM
My other 1/2's dad did the swim around Alcatraz, and after seeing the water out there I could not believe it.:eek:
What a stud....!
Must have been at slack tide... the water shoots out and in under the Golded Gate.

Havasu Cig
12-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Yeah he is an incredible swimmer...He swam from Catalina to San Pedro as well. I would not even get in the water in the middle of that channel.
The Alcatraz swim was an organized event, but the Catalina swim he did alone with a chase boat. F@#king Crazy if you ask me.:eek:

LakesOnly
12-24-2003, 04:10 PM
NorCal Delta: Miles and miles of mazes to go fast on constant glass (due to the narrow chanels);
NorCal Lake Berryessa: 165 miles of shoreline and no speed limit.
NorCal Camp Far West: Zoomies and open headers welcome and no speed limit (bring and test your blown fuel hydro while your at it)
LO

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by LakesOnly
NorCal Delta: Miles and miles of mazes to go fast on constant glass (due to the narrow chanels);
NorCal Lake Berryessa: 165 miles of shoreline and no speed limit.
NorCal Camp Far West: Zoomies and open headers welcome and no speed limit (bring and test your blown fuel hydro while your at it)
LO
As for Camp Far West...
Any lake with an arm nicknamed "Quarter Mile Cove" has to be cool!:D

jackaroos
12-24-2003, 04:25 PM
There are boatcops, I have lived and boated here for 15 years and never have been pulled over for anything,
Also I had an unmuffled offshore boat with twin 502s and was never ever hassled in 3 years. As far as alcohol on the beach...drink on the damn boat! Besides, they patrol the areas you can drive to, not the areas where you can daycamp like the penninsula. Particularly Granite Bay, Folsom Point and Beales Point. This is where underage drinkers were causing problems.
If you don't like Folsom, fine with me...stay away, that is one less person I have to dodge......:rolleyes:
I did not want to come off that bad about Folsom but I always seem to attract boat cops every time I launch my boat there. Most of the time is when I get 10 feet away from the launch ramp just simply starting my boat and not even moving. I also own a 24' Regal and can always launch at any ramp with no attention?????????

jackaroos
12-24-2003, 04:29 PM
Camp Far West is pretty user freindly and 1/4 mile cove is where the action is all day.
one lake I like to try is clear lake any info would be heplful..
thanks

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 04:40 PM
I did not want to come off that bad about Folsom but I always seem to attract boat cops every time I launch my boat there. Most of the time is when I get 10 feet away from the launch ramp just simply starting my boat and not even moving. I also own a 24' Regal and can always launch at any ramp with no attention?????????
Well like I said, in 15 years with boats that always had thru transom exhaust, I never have been hassled. And I have never been stopped for anything there. I used to get looks from them when going by with the Eliminators twin 502s barking, but never a word.
I think they have their hands full with stupid, drunk and inexperienced people out there doing dumb stuff.
Regardless, I know people in So Cal would kill to have a lake like this in their back yard...like my friend with the Sanger Flattie...He was awed by all of the water to go to up here and said if he lived here he'd never move. But he is kind of stuck in a city job down there and has no degree so moving is not much of an option for him.
If you think you don't like it, just think of having to go to a lake like Elsinore or Perris. They are a couple of oversized cow ponds that double as algae farms.
:eek:

jbtrailerjim
12-24-2003, 05:21 PM
If you think you don't like it, just think of having to go to a lake like Elsinore or Perris. They are a couple of oversized cow ponds that double as algae farms.
:eek: [/B]
You wouldn't get no complaining out of me if I had all those lakes to choose from up Nor. Cal. The four hour drive to Havasu on Friday evening after a day of work get's old sometimes. But after you get on the water on Saturday morning you say to yourself "yah it's worth it".

gnarley
12-24-2003, 05:26 PM
one lake I like to try is clear lake any info would be heplful..
thanks
We went to Clear Lake 5 times last year, it’s a big lake. From late spring till early August it's great. The lakes average depth is about 15 feet and is the largest natural lake in California dating back to pre-historic times. There’s a lot of history up there dating back to the mid 1800's. It can get rough in the afternoon if the wind comes up and the water temperature is in the high 70's to around 80 degrees in the summer time.
Due to the shallow depth and high water temperature it gets a lot of algae & anytime after August the lake can look green in some places! You can always see little algae spores in the water. There isn't much for shoreline hanging out that I have seen to date but there are several bars and restaurants around the lake, namely Konocti Harbor resort and spa. Konocti is a very big full service resort with marina, boat rentals, docks, restaurants, 2 or 3 bars, 2 Natural Olympic sized spring fed pools that stay around 84 degrees and a full service spa. Oh I forgot to mention the concert venue that overlooks the water. You can hang out below the concerts and listen for free to lots of big name acts!
Clear Lake is a very cool place but I don't want to swim in the water after August and Clear Lake is one of the top trophy bass lakes in California and saw it on the Bass Masters tour on TV about 3 weeks ago.

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 05:27 PM
You wouldn't get no complaining out of me if I had all those lakes to choose from up Nor. Cal. The four hour drive to Havasu on Friday evening after a day of work get's old sometimes. But after you get on the water on Saturday morning you say to yourself "yah it's worth it".
Yeah, I know it...the whole scene at havasu is unlike anything else...!!!:D
That is why I make the 10 hour drive once a year at least!!:D

gnarley
12-24-2003, 05:39 PM
The four hour drive to Havasu on Friday evening after a day of work get's old sometimes. But after you get on the water on Saturday morning you say to yourself "yah it's worth it".
Thats how I feel after I get off work on a Friday & can spend a couple of hours in the water before dark on a Friday night after work, or even at a local lake for a midweek BBQ after work :D

Dr. Eagle
12-24-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by gnarley
Thats how I feel after I get off work on a Friday & can spend a couple of hours in the water before dark on a Friday night after work, or even at a local lake for a midweek BBQ after work :D
Yeah, Gnarley, Kind of a big ass ditto from me. In early summer when the days are long, I'll get home by 6 hook up the boat and go out with the BBQ and do up some dogs, hang out and come back in after dark. It is nice when it is 5 minutes to the ramp from home...:D

Dribble
12-25-2003, 11:13 AM
Never been bothered at Folsom Lake. Had OT's on the Southwind and used it out there for ten seasons.
At the river this past Labor Day I got called over to the Sherriff's boats for a compliance check (read alcohol). When I told them I had nothing to drink they kept trying to engage me in conversation to see if I was slurring my words. I finally had enough and asked "are we done here"?. They got irritated with me and let me go.
At Folsom when the ramp gets real crowded they have the Park Rangers direct traffic. That helps alot.
Hey Eagle, how come I've never seen that Ultra out there?

Dr. Eagle
12-25-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Dribble
Hey Eagle, how come I've never seen that Ultra out there?
I guess the answer to that is that I just got it in Late October. I have only taken it out there about 4 times. You may have seen the offshore boat I had and sold in August out there...
This is where the Eagle in Dr. Eagle came from...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1152Poker_Run-med.jpg
I was WOB (without boat) from early August to late Oct. Then I got the Ultra...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1152MVC-623F-med.JPG
Hope to see you out there this spring/summer!
:D

UnionJack
12-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Any luck on selling your old boat? Or are people still scared

Dr. Eagle
12-25-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by UnionJack
Any luck on selling your old boat? Or are people still scared :confused:

LASERRAY
12-26-2003, 04:14 PM
Lake Piru Sucks. Not only because there's hardly any water in it, but because of all the Riff Raff & Gangbangers that seem to be drawn to this place. It must be it's proximity to Santa Paula, and Oxnard, the armpit of Ventura County.:yuk: