PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Flatbottom Proposal

WILDERTHANU
12-24-2003, 01:39 PM
Last year I got to hang out with Tony "T bone" Bartone ant the World Finals. This particular race he was in his Roger Dean Alcohol Dragster, naturally aspirated running 100% nitro. At the World Finals last month I also saw Craig who does Jeff Martin's motors running the same motor combo.....in a Dragster. Anyways, why cant this be proposed to the Alcohol Flat class. No blower....run nitro to compensate for the power difference????? Am I wrong......
http://www.northeastdragracing.com/results/2003/photos/bartonepomona1.jpg

BGMAN203
12-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Injected nitro motors are not as consistant the blown cars. Yes when they run correctly (not dropping cyls) I think they have a performance advantage over the blown cars. I know there is a injected nirto hydro that runs TFH. They really have never made a good pass with it, and struggle alot. I think you might have the same proplem with that motor combo in a flatbottom. Plus I think it costs more $$ to field an injected nitro race operation than a blown alcohol deal. And as we all know there isn't alot of guys that have extra money to switch motors deals for the same performance they can get with an existing package. In my opinion, I think we should bring back the TFF. Now with the invention of the saftey capsual we wouldn't have very many, if any at all, fatalities. I am sure there will be accidents in a TFF class, but no more than in TFH, and no one seems to be complaining about that class (TFH) being too dangerous, and outlawing it. Just my $.02
Brian

LUVNLIFE
12-24-2003, 04:34 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself Bgman203. Exactly what he said.;)
But I think if someone could get the combo down it would make for great racing and improve the sport.

stix818
12-25-2003, 11:34 AM
BGMAN203 I've been wanting TFF to come back also and I don't see any reason why they can't. I think Public Nuisance wreck at the world finals this year definitely showed that the capsule is capable of handling any kind of wreck.

BILLY.B
12-25-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by WILDERTHANU
Anyways, why cant this be proposed to the Alcohol Flat class. No blower....run nitro to compensate for the power difference????? Am I wrong......
Well there it is there. Jeff you have the boat. You have an engine that i'm sure Craig could convert over for you. And you could get your Dad to sponsor the whole program. The only down side to this idea is you wouldn't be able to party while you were at the races anymore :( . The bright side....You'd look BADD ASS, and the CHICK'S dig that :D :D :D ....Time to step up!!!:cool:

WILDERTHANU
12-25-2003, 02:33 PM
...AND THE "KRAZY KOLORS" TO MATCH. ONE THING BILLY, I DONT NEED THE BOAT TO GET THE CHICKS.....:cool:

voodooCanoe
12-26-2003, 04:15 PM
Just letting the TAF run the same blower packages as the TAH would be a great start!

Roland the Fisherman
12-26-2003, 05:25 PM
I ran nitro in my wacker last year aginst John at Inland at Lost Lake insted of the usual meth. It worked great, 3/4 of a sec. improvement. The problem is, once it mixed with the 2-stroke oil, the fish were complaining it gave them sore throats and burned their eyes.

Rexone
12-26-2003, 05:45 PM
Roland if you add 1 oz of Robitussin per gal of fuel the fish will be happy.