PDA

View Full Version : EagleRacing Billet pump housing

Jungle Boy
12-26-2003, 07:53 AM
Here's a coupls of small shots of the new EagleRacing billet pump housing that Rob Chrunyk and Davenport Machining have just finished. It is said to be 7 times stronger and flows better than the stock Berkley. Berkely parts fit it and will allow for harder running over choppy waters, meaning fast times and less chance of pump failure. Breaking pump housings has always been a re-occuring problem with whitewater jet boats. By making a stronger housing, more pump pressure can be used and reversion damage can be controlled. The cost is about 4500 Canadian, or about 3200 US.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/259custompump4.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/259custompump.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/259custompump3.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/259custompump2.jpg

Duane HTP
12-26-2003, 08:00 AM
Does anyone know the price tag on one of these units yet?

hack job
12-26-2003, 09:48 AM
that is sweet!!!

BrendellaJet
12-26-2003, 10:35 AM
I think the bowl that they make is like 4K. Looks like this is a little less complex? Possibly costs a little less...Definitely some bling bling!

Squirtcha?
12-26-2003, 12:51 PM
Holy smokes. $3200 US? It's a beautiful piece, but that's about what I paid for my whole boat.

Jungle Boy
12-26-2003, 06:43 PM
It's not cheap, but for boats that are looking for the last bit of speed and durability nothing comes cheap. Together with the billet bowl, it should be good for 4/5 mph.

wsuwrhr
12-26-2003, 07:13 PM
Thats some handy machining. Maybe when I get some free time, I'll make my own.
3/5 MPH ey?
Brian

Jake W
12-26-2003, 07:17 PM
That is pretty trick looking.
Isen't their bowl bolted togeather in the middle also with a clamp on the end?
5 mph for $7500 Good Lord thats alot of money(in a Chris Rock voice)
You could buy a new bare Stealth for that.
Jake:eek:

Cs19
12-26-2003, 09:33 PM
That is an awesome looking part. I read the whitewater racing boards once in a while to see what else is happening in jets, the guy who is making them said they will be on a limited production, and it sounded like you have to partially fill your berk. intake with bondo to make a smooth transition from the intake to suction piece. Im surprised none of the drag racers have picked up the billett bowl or suction piece.
http://www.gas-turbines.com/images/squirt_2/eagle309lr.jpg

superdave013
12-26-2003, 09:51 PM
that's some sexy stuff right there.
does not seem like all that much money for what it is and what it's for. Heck, I know of a guy that spent 1,600 on BBC push rods. :eek:

jweeks123
12-26-2003, 10:25 PM
i wonder what pops1 and cheap chet have to say about this one. looks like a work of art. 7 kbucks+ whew!
is it "old school" or "new school"
inquiring minds want to know.
jw

Moomawnster
12-26-2003, 11:17 PM
That ain't old school or new school ...... that's
"take you to school" ! Once again the bar is raised .........:eek:

Jetman1
12-29-2003, 12:08 AM
Looks great to me, and as much as these guys put into these boats, that's chump change. There was $85,000 in the APBA Race Ready Unlimited Whitewater class Record Holder, I built a pump for a few years back.
They run bowl pressures at 80-100 lbs. NOW!!! AMT found it to be hi rpm harmonics that was breaking alot of impellers, housings, and bowls. They even blew up one of those thar new bowls too!
I think the bowl will make it to drag racing when it is ready for the jump. It is adjustable and can be changed for vane pitch, bowl volume, and centercone deflection. It may be another guys bowl I just described, but they both are great pieces.
Just think, a bowl that can be made into a torque or HP bowl, and now a housing that can take the abuse of what these guys/nuts do to these things. MT hit a sandbar at Marysville at 70+ and went 20+ feet over a dry sandbar twice with no damage to the pump at all!
Down in New Zealand, the new speed record was just set at 133 mph. I am sure it was not a Race Ready run, with speed like that though, but still respectable!!!
Have a flat or hydro run over a sandbar at 70 and see what that costs to fix. About the cost of the new bowl or maybe the intake depending on what part of the country you live in.
That is why they build them out of aluminum, you ding them, you weld a patch on and bang out the dents and keep running!
I just don't like the water they run on, but if I was 20 again, better watch out. There is just something about water that is saying "Come here, I want to drown you!" that bothers me now. I guess that comes with age, but you would be surprised at the ages of the drivers of these flying missles.
Keep up the great work, Jesse. I will see you in Marysville/Yuba this year. MT and Fernando will be there. Fernando will be getting his Kiwi soon if not already, I think he will run B class 366".
New stuff is great, but it just goes to show you how good the old stuff really was and still is.
Jetman

Jungle Boy
12-31-2003, 07:39 PM
Who Hit 133 mph in NZ? I've seen way to many NZ boats, and none of them have hit 110. Paddy Stratton of Whitecourt has the FASTEST KWIK KRAFT ever made. He was gunned at 113 mph in Whitecourt. He is someone that the Kiwis should be asking how he did it.