PDA

View Full Version : Bey Blades ... child's play?

FMluvswater
12-27-2003, 07:00 AM
I got to play Santa ... my son got the Bey Blade and Thunder Rumbler Bey Blade Arena (stadium? I'm not too down with the lingo, lol) that he wanted. He also got some generic Bey blade knock-off's called Super spinners. Typically children's games bore me ... "playing" with my son has often posed a challenge for me. Bey blades are different. :) OMG, it's actually fun! :D We were having battles in the arena. :) Kiddo's Bey blade toasted the super spinners everytime (Bey blades rule! :D ) but didn't matter- it was still fun! Nothing like seeing the excitement on my kid's face and hearing him laugh out loud and cheer for himself when he'd beat out the "competition"! :D (Yes of course we're attempting to teach him good sportsmanship but not every turn! ;) :D )
Has anyone else played this with their kiddo(s)? Are there any kid's games that you enjoy playing too? Just curious (shocking I'm sure. :) ). :)

Wet Dream
12-27-2003, 07:48 AM
And it doesn't stop there. There are sooooooo many different types of Blades. You build them with parts that are specific to a task in the arena or stadium, even the launchers have diiferent characteristics. Once you learn all the lingo, that fad will be over and you'll have to learn something else.;)

JetBoatRich
12-27-2003, 07:51 AM
My son has a collection of them including the arena, they are modern day fun, I guess.
He usually wins when I play:o

DansBlown73Nordic
12-27-2003, 08:04 AM
what are they? I have never heard of them?:confused:

JetBoatRich
12-27-2003, 08:14 AM
Works like a top, has blades on their sides and you try to stop the other blades.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00008QJ0B.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

JetBoatRich
12-27-2003, 08:15 AM
You spin them on the ground, but the arena is cool:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000A28EK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

DansBlown73Nordic
12-27-2003, 09:41 AM
My 5 year old says Dad everybody has those at School....:rolleyes:
Looks like alot of Fun...:D

FMluvswater
12-27-2003, 02:48 PM
The Bey blade he got from Santa has high endurance. We timed it's spin and it was consistently 1 minute 10 seconds - the knock offs only spun for 40 seconds. He got another one from someone else for Christmas but his Dad hasn't put it together for him yet, so we don't know yet what it does best.
On a side note wtf is up with those miniscule stickers? Some of them aren't much bigger than a text type "!" (okay maybe slight exaggeration but damn some of them are small!!). I usually get the sticker job - nobody else has the patience for it. :D I was all pleased I got 'em all on nearly perfect and then they fell off! Not enough sticky surface area for them to stay put! :mad:
Why the heck don't they come pre-stickered? :confused: Rhetorical. :rolleyes:
I'm actually looking forward to seeing the new one he got in action, lol! :D I'll probably still fuss over putting the stickers on too. :) Oh well. :)

JetBoatRich
12-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Stickers suck, I had the same issue:o I built them and put the stickers on:yuk:

BoatFloating
12-27-2003, 04:23 PM
How funny, me and my son are playing Bey Blades right now. He has the Dragon Hurricane stadium. It's awesome:D

coolchange
12-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Did you get the magnets for the arena? Stops them then your stuck for attacking. Pretty cool.