PDA

View Full Version : Glock 21 information

Boozer
03-25-2006, 01:11 PM
With all the recent stress in my life I have spent a lot of time at the range blowing it off by means of blasting the sh*t out of targets in my local pistol range. As of current I have a Ruger P95 9mm that I shoot but I would like a little more fire power and something that shoots a little nicer. So.. I'm weighing the options of a Glock 21 or a Glock 23 most likely leaning towards the 21 though.
Do any of you have any experience with 21 and any feedback you'd like to offer on it? I've looked at and shot a Sig, Kimber, Glock, and HK and from my own experience the Glock seems like the best bang for the buck. What do you guys think?

H20 Toie
03-25-2006, 01:17 PM
i hear you i was thinking about getting a Desert Eagle for the same reason.

buzzaro
03-25-2006, 01:24 PM
For an all around good reliable gun, glocks are very tough to beat. Maintenance requirements are minmal and you dont have to worry so much about getting sand and such in the action. Both are good cartridges and you can make a good argument for each, but you cant get the .45 in a compact like you can for the .40 (the model 23 youre looking at) which I prefer over the full size, just easier to tote around and has the same capacity. But really, head to the range and see if the dealer has demo models you can try out and check for yourself.

cdog
03-25-2006, 01:26 PM
1911 go Kimber or Para Ord. Glock is a good reliable double stack gun. High cap mags are un marked with dates. Your choice. But 1911 are where it's at with 45's.

cdog
03-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Better yet. Go buy a Ar-15 while you still can. PM me if you need some info where to get one. You can get another hand gun later. :220v:

msc5195
03-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Take a good look at thhe SPRINGFIELD ARMORY XD series guns. They are great guns and very reliable. They kinda have that GLOCK look to them. I recently purchased a XD40 with 3 High Capacity Clips, Belt Holster and case for 469.00. This was brand new from local gun shop.
www.springfield-armory.com

Liberator TJ1984
03-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Better yet. Go buy a Ar-15 while you still can. PM me if you need some info where to get one. You can get another hand gun later. :220v:
What's up on the AR-15 or is just a Cali. situation ????
Boozer, if you want accuracy ? try and pick up a used Kimber,LesBaer, or Wilson 1911 Style 45
I've got a used Wilson Combat KZ45 Fullsize that I am very pleased with at about 1/2 price of a new one..

callbob4homes
03-25-2006, 02:30 PM
traded in my ruger 9 for a glock 23 .40. IMO shoots better, feels better. Qualified with it after only running 10 rounds thru it. My wife shot it as well and for a non shooter at all did pretty impressive.

Extreme Marine Az
03-25-2006, 02:31 PM
I prefer .357 SIG in regards to caliber, same ballistics as .357 Mag, very flat shooting which is good for me living in the desert or FN-57 which is too $$$ to shoot now

ovrkll77
03-25-2006, 02:39 PM
i hear you i was thinking about getting a Desert Eagle for the same reason.
Desert Eagle is big and heavy.

H20 Toie
03-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Desert Eagle is big and heavy.
Yep

Parker Dreamin
03-25-2006, 02:40 PM
I believe Tequila John just bought one of these....

Panic Button
03-25-2006, 02:52 PM
I have a 17, 20, 21, 22, 25... For all around plinking go with a 22 (.40SW). You can buy a drop in barrel and run 9mm for cheaper plinking. For sheer stopping power, the 20 (10mm) has a better feel and more available rounds in the mag. The 21 (.45) is an excellent all around gun. My daily carry gun goes between the 20 & 21 and sometime the Kahr40. You have to love a Glock, 36 pieces to the whole gun and can be completely stripped down in about 5 minutes.

H20 Toie
03-25-2006, 03:14 PM
I have a 17, 20, 21, 22, 25... For all around plinking go with a 22 (.40SW). You can buy a drop in barrel and run 9mm for cheaper plinking. For sheer stopping power, the 20 (10mm) has a better feel and more available rounds in the mag. The 21 (.45) is an excellent all around gun. My daily carry gun goes between the 20 & 21 and sometime the Kahr40. You have to love a Glock, 36 pieces to the whole gun and can be completely stripped down in about 5 minutes.
I would love to see the police report when someone breaks into your house at night.

phebus
03-25-2006, 03:16 PM
I would love to see the police report when someone breaks into your house at night.
I would rather watch them bring out the guys dead, lifeless body :skull:

Havasu Cig
03-25-2006, 03:20 PM
I have the 19, 21 & 23 and have carried all three. The .40 is a good round so I would recommend it. If size is not a concern go with the 21, if it is go with the 23.

cdog
03-25-2006, 03:23 PM
What's up on the AR-15 or is just a Cali. situation ????
Boozer, if you want accuracy ? try and pick up a used Kimber,LesBaer, or Wilson 1911 Style 45
I've got a used Wilson Combat KZ45 Fullsize that I am very pleased with at about 1/2 price of a new one..
In CA we now have a legal option to buy stripped off list lowers or a complete gun with a closed magwell. Who knows when the DOJ will add them to the banned list. I bought a bunch :crossx:!
Texas is still safe. At least untill hitlery gets elected. :yuk:
If shooting is a serious hobby for anyone I'd recomend sticking to popular and easy to get ammo. 9mm,.40,.45...I would not go with 357, 32,and 10mm. You'll never get enough trigger time behind the gun with the cost of the ammo. I'm of the opinion that you started off with the 9mm. Now you know what your doing. Get a .45 It only takes 1 round with the .45. I just competed last week at a hand gun match at Prado. 90% of the guys had 9mm glocks and all the .45 guys had 1911 style .45's.

BRSTQUEST
03-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Glocks are bitchen firearms!!!!! That being said so are alot of the other guns listed. The 21 is a very fine .45 cal handgun and has many advantages over others. I own a few of their products and would feel very comfortable carrying them everyday. They are easy to learn how to shoot well and are easy to maintain. I personally carry an h&k usp .45 cal and love the gun. I carry it because it fits my hand better and I can shoot tighter groups with it. Any modern, well designed handgun should perform well. Find what you can shoot the best with and feel the most comfortable with. No matter who makes the gun or what cal it is it will do you no good if you miss the target......and remember practice doesn't make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect!!!!!!

H20 Toie
03-25-2006, 03:34 PM
I would rather watch them bring out the guys dead, lifeless body :skull:
yea

Mohave Vice
03-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Agreed! However my daily carry is the HK USP 40. Kinda like it a lot better!!!

Extreme Marine Az
03-25-2006, 03:48 PM
In CA we now have a legal option to buy stripped off list lowers or a complete gun with a closed magwell. Who knows when the DOJ will add them to the banned list. I bought a bunch :crossx:!
Texas is still safe. At least untill hitlery gets elected. :yuk:
If shooting is a serious hobby for anyone I'd recomend sticking to popular and easy to get ammo. 9mm,.40,.45...I would not go with 357, 32,and 10mm. You'll never get enough trigger time behind the gun with the cost of the ammo. I'm of the opinion that you started off with the 9mm. Now you know what your doing. Get a .45 It only takes 1 round with the .45. I just competed last week at a hand gun match at Prado. 90% of the guys had 9mm glocks and all the .45 guys had 1911 style .45's.
I buy .357 SIG for $10 a box[50] is that cheap enough? case lots only

cdog
03-25-2006, 04:00 PM
I buy .357 SIG for $10 a box[50] is that cheap enough? case lots only
That's not too bad. I get 100 rounds of 9mm for $11.50 a box and 100 rounds of .45 for 19.50.

Extreme Marine Az
03-25-2006, 04:17 PM
That's not too bad. I get 100 rounds of 9mm for $11.50 a box and 100 rounds of .45 for 19.50.
Sellier+Bellot, 140gr. 1450fps out of a SIG 229 very clean and non-corrosive.I shoot in the desert only,25yds is up close for me, a .45 @ 50+yds is like a mortar round unless there HOT and small[160gr] bullets, If you have the opportunity,shoot a FN-57 its like a baby .223 in a pistol, 20rd mag,2300fps,no recoil, and will penetrate a kevlar helmet @ 200meters there trying to outlaw them now, the good ammo is $$$.

RitcheyRch
03-25-2006, 05:09 PM
I like my H&K P7MA, 9mm.

Extreme Marine Az
03-25-2006, 05:15 PM
I like my H&K P7MA, 9mm.
SQUEEZE-COCKER

PBOCOP
03-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Glock is the best out there. I've carried several different guns before but GLOCK is the best by far, both in the 45, 9mm, and 40 cal range. Very tough, keeps the dust n dirt out, very accurate, and just a bad ass gun all the way around.
Oink.

Extreme Marine Az
03-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Glock is the best out there. I've carried several different guns before but GLOCK is the best by far, both in the 45, 9mm, and 40 cal range. Very tough, keeps the dust n dirt out, very accurate, and just a bad ass gun all the way around.
Oink.
I have 2 friends that have had 21's blow up with Corbon ammo, we call Glocks'tactical tupperware' I prefer Sigs, but thats why they have 100's of different pistols out there, whatever blows yer skirt up!!!

Boozer
03-25-2006, 06:02 PM
I have 2 friends that have had 21's blow up with Corbon ammo, we call Glocks'tactical tupperware' I prefer Sigs, but thats why they have 100's of different pistols out there, whatever blows yer skirt up!!!
The Glock exploded? What is corbon ammo? Is it some sort of an incindiary round or something? I have put 20 rounds of incindiary tracer ammo through my Ruger with no problems and will ocassionally be putting it through the Glock as well so if it will damage the gun I might need to consider something else. I found some stuff called bird bomber that will explode if it doesnt make impact within 200 meters and has a 3000 degree burn. Pretty devestating stuff and fun as hell to run through the gun at night when we're out shooting in the hills. Definitely not something I'd use for home protection though.

PBOCOP
03-25-2006, 06:13 PM
There was a few incidents with the Glocks where people were doing bad reloads of ammo. Where you reload and pack your own ammo and then reshoot it to save money. Don't do it. It can happen with any gun but the few incidents were with Glocks so some memos were put out. Just use good quality ammo that is new, and not reloads, and you will be fine.

Extreme Marine Az
03-25-2006, 06:18 PM
There was a few incidents with the Glocks where people were doing bad reloads of ammo. Where you reload and pack your own ammo and then reshoot it to save money. Don't do it. It can happen with any gun but the few incidents were with Glocks so some memos were put out. Just use good quality ammo that is new, and not reloads, and you will be fine.
Corbon ammo is NOT 'reloads' brand new, high performance, very effective,very expensive self-defense ammo Its all I carry in my car gun [SIG]

Extreme Marine Az
03-25-2006, 06:27 PM
The Glock exploded? What is corbon ammo? Is it some sort of an incindiary round or something? I have put 20 rounds of incindiary tracer ammo through my Ruger with no problems and will ocassionally be putting it through the Glock as well so if it will damage the gun I might need to consider something else. I found some stuff called bird bomber that will explode if it doesnt make impact within 200 meters and has a 3000 degree burn. Pretty devestating stuff and fun as hell to run through the gun at night when we're out shooting in the hills. Definitely not something I'd use for home protection though.
I've run Bird Bombs thru my 12 gauge, very fun with a pump, also ran Dragons Breath thru a 12 gauge; 6 ft diameter ball of flame 100yds out, works great on 2 week old Christmas trees in the desert!!! VERY hard on the gun though [corrosive] both items are available @ AZ gun shows, 1 reason I live in AZ,no bullshit gun-grabbers here, machine guns ,whatever ,are legal here with the proper tax stamp

Sleek-Jet
03-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Sig or HK if you want a "modern" gun...
1911 Colt, Kimber, or Springfield... Para-ordinance isn't bad for a 1911 double stack.
Merely one man's opinion... :D

cdog
03-25-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure where it's at but there's a whole police dept. here in CA that's turning in their glock 21's because they have gone off when dropped. Glockbombs. :idea: That said i've had great luck with my G17.. The 9's are fun to shoot. But the 45 makes your hair stand up.

LOWRIVER2
03-25-2006, 07:46 PM
That police department is LAPD:
Here's the real story:
Glock was offered for officers to buy about 2 1/2 years ago. LAPD's standard issue gun is the Beretta 92 F 9mm. Officer's had the option of buying Beretta or Smith & Wesson 9mm/.45's prior to the introduction of the Glock. With the Glock came the option of Officer's being able to buy .40 cal. handguns.
All Metropolitan officers were required to buy .45 handguns (SWAT-D platoon of Metropolitan Div., are issued Kimber .45), in order to have all Metro officers carrying the same caliber.
Within a year, several officers who purchased the 21 (.45), experienced "Light Strikes" of the primer. This condition caused the primer to not ignite thus causing a class two malfunction. Glock offered up a new trigger spring and the Department ordered officers to bring in the 21's for a retrofit. This retrofit caused many more light strikes and Three (!) of these malfunctions occurred during Officer involved shootings where either the first or second round did not fire. LAPD uses Federal HST JHP 230 grain bullets for duty use and Winchester ball ammo for training.
Due to the high occurrence of light strikes, the Department banned officers from using all 21's until Glock and the Department Armory could A: find the problem / and B: either fix the weapon or replace it.
As of today, Glock is in the process of offering up the THIRD improved trigger spring and this spring is under testing by LAPD officers in METRO Divsion, K9 and SIS units where the guns are tested via large volumes of ammo in training.
The word is this last (3) trigger spring may be the final solution. However, as anyone can understand, these malfunctions have left many officers wary of ever carrying a 21 again. Glock is in the process of working with LAPD to reach a deal in which some options might include:
Glock trading out .40 cal. models to officers who do not want to carry the 21's along with all the leather gear the officers bought for the 21.
Glock buying back the 21's from the officers so that they can purchase another brand of firearm.
No one (Glock or otherwise) can give a sure answer on why so many 21's had the same issue. Some have mentioned the R&D was not as intense on the 21 as Glock based the 21 off a .40 cal. weapon to appease the U.S. market. The other theory is that a run of 21's had the bad springs and LAPD officers obviously bought a large number of 21 in a short time when they were first authorized to carry them.
Either way, Glock as a company has been quick to work with LAPD in addressing the issue and working to solve the problem.
IMHO, I'd take a Sig or HK USP if you have a choice on a double action .45. Otherwise, you can't go wrong with a KIMBER. Officer Involved shootings at SWAT have shown this gun to be a proven reliable performer.

LOWRIVER2
03-25-2006, 07:48 PM
LAPD has not had issues with the 21's going off when dropped. The older (pre 00' 21's) did have these issues. I can remember two incidents in LA where suspect's dropped their own 21's and the weapon fired. One of guns hit the suspect (nice!)

YeLLowBoaT
03-25-2006, 07:55 PM
I dislike glocks for the most part. I don't like the "european" style shooting(which the glock is made for) They are PITA to clean and you can almost most forget about reloading the cases once they have been "Glock-er-sized".
I really love 1911, but I would carry a sig or a HK in 40.

Panic Button
03-25-2006, 08:07 PM
I think the issue occures with American Ammo (Miami based) and other copper washed bullets, not copper jacketed. The lead fouls the barrels and causes excessive pressure. These issues are few and far between and if you clean your weapon you shouldn't have a problem. I have over 9000 rounds through my 22 & 21 without 1 issue.

77charger
03-25-2006, 09:01 PM
1911 go Kimber or Para Ord. Glock is a good reliable double stack gun. High cap mags are un marked with dates. Your choice. But 1911 are where it's at with 45's.
agree but prefer colt or springfield. :rollside:
As for the gun purchase get a gun you are familiar with vs the latest hippest,most seen on a rap video and learn to use it correctly.Shot placement is key not 15 rounds of 9mm or 40mm,etc shot in any which way.Alot of newbie mistakes IMO when your ruger in the right hands can do a better job
If it is a first gun or you dont have as much experience with firearms go with a .357 revolver.My reason is this one of the highest percentages of 1 shot stops,can practice with .38 special loads(cheaper to shoot)If it misfires pull trigger again it will fire vs an auto you are unfamiliar with(when going against a clock or stress you will most likely fail if not familiar with an auto),small grip easy to grab or good for the wife/girlfriend.
I have spent alot of time with firearms since it was big hobby for me(just not as much time anymore)Have shot in some competition with rifle,shotgun,pistol plus i reload all my own ammo so i can make a very nice defense bullet :crossx:

77charger
03-25-2006, 09:06 PM
SQUEEZE-COCKER
believe it has a loaded chamber indicator too?Seen them before pretty interesting

beyondhelpin
03-25-2006, 09:33 PM
If you want a utility gun, which is what I consider Glocks, do your self a favor and check out Springfield Armory XD line.
I am seriously considering getting the new XD 45 acp. It has a high capicity mag which still fits very well in the hand. I want to shoot it first before buying. The indoor range close to me, which lets you demo guns is selling them as soon as they get them in. So no demo for a couple of months.
I have shot my buds XD 40 and it shoots very nice. The reviews I have read have all been very good. I would at least go handle one before buying the Glock. The 45 XD feel so much more right in the hand than the Glock.
IMHO

Ivan Dan
03-26-2006, 12:04 AM
I have a Glock 21 that I got about 4 months ago and have only put a couple hundred rounds through it so far but it seems like a great gun. Absolutely no problems at all to this point.
Where do you normally get your ammo from?

BigBoyToys
03-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Glocks are ok (I own 4) but definitely not the "perfect" handgun. I recently purchased a Kimber TLE II Custom with Lasergrips (Tricked out 1911 .45acp) and it is hands down the most accurate handgun that I've ever owned. Out of my current collection of 6 1911's, 2 H&K's, 4 Glocks, 3 S&W, 2 Kahrs, 1 Bersa, 1 Keltec, and a few others, the Kimber 1911 is HANDS DOWN the best. Try rapid fire at 25 yards and putting 2 8 rd mags (16 rounds total) into a 2" Circle.......And that's WITHOUT the laser turned on. You'll be convinced too, as I was. No wonder that the Kimber TLE II is the same handgun used by LAPD SWAT.
I do like the Glock sights though, and the handgun is designed for a natural point and shoot action, making it pretty easy and quick to acquire the target. I carry a Glock 19 with Crimson Trace Lasergrips daily as my concealed carry firearm, (I like the mag capacity of 15 rds) and it hasn't let me down yet :)
BTW, I do have many Rifles, Shotguns, and Handguns for sale if you're still looking.

Sherpa
03-26-2006, 07:07 AM
the model 21 is a nice gun to shoot..... it's a bit big to conceal carry though.
mine has never jammed..........
I'm looking into one of the subcompact .40's now....
as for the AR15 lowers, they're still available........... you can buy complete
uppers for anywhere from 450, to alot higher for custom stuff.......
the only issue is you gotta "pin" the 10 rd mag in the lower. very easy mod
to do, and no actual mods are done to the lower, only locking in the mag
itself.
as soon as the DOJ marks them back to "assault" category, I'm going nuts
with mine, and registering it.......
--Sherpa
BTW: you can also buy a AK lower, and then buy a "de-milled" complete
rifle to use for parts....... same rules apply........ but it won't be long before
our kkkalifornia will be changing the legislation again.....

RitcheyRch
03-26-2006, 07:30 AM
Oh yeah.
SQUEEZE-COCKER

Extreme Marine Az
03-26-2006, 07:31 AM
believe it has a loaded chamber indicator too?Seen them before pretty interesting
very nice piece, squeeze the trigger and then the grip and it still goes off, a little experiment I had!!!!

Big Kahunaa
03-26-2006, 08:29 AM
I have a glock 19 9mm i love that gun easey to shot and acurate

Morg
03-26-2006, 08:35 AM
I cary the springfeild 1911 micro compact.
Excellent gun.

Extreme Marine Az
03-26-2006, 08:43 AM
Ive got a Colt Defender in .45 for sale if anybody wants a 1911 compact in S.S., has trigger and extracter work, 100 rds fired, $500

JetBoatRich
03-26-2006, 08:48 AM
With all the recent stress in my life I have spent a lot of time at the range blowing it off by means of blasting the sh*t out of targets in my local pistol range.
As long as you only shoot targets :rolleyes:
Hope things clear up soon :rolleyes:

H20Advantage
03-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Our department just changed over to the Glock 21 with a tactical surefire light attached for all department personnel that wanted one. Being a tactical firearms instructor for the department I have seen a definite improvement on qualification scores.
Everyone likes them and they don't have the sting the 40 cal. seems to have. The only misfire problems we have experienced are due to the factory reloads we use. Some have the primers set a little shallow and the glock has a short firing pin causing a light primer hit occassionally. Factory based new loads will not have this problem. Try Federal hollow-points.
Another problem comes from cleaning. Never allow the oil or cleaning solvent to run into the fiing pin hole. This causes it to gunk up and misfire over time. Always point the slide down when cleaning the firing pin area so that everything runs out instead of in. A soft toothbrush works best.
My best suggestion for handgun use is find the one that fits you best not what is fashionable or everyone else likes. Focus on the front sight, breathe and squeeze. That's all you need............ :cool:

cola
03-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Sig P226, S&W 10mm & Walther PPK 380:)

Flying Tiger
03-26-2006, 09:43 AM
I have just about every 9mm built and though the Glock is my favorite,, the Berettas seem to be the most accurate (though clunky) - my friends agree too.
Damfino why.
I like Glocks because they aren't clunky.
Civilian versions of the Colt 45 auto have a lighter feel, and slightly slimmer grip over the 1911. Something to consider.
The wifey usually pax a James Bond PPK with XTP loads.
Perfect chix weapon. Accuracy?? - Not too bad either, and smooth operation.

cdog
03-26-2006, 10:04 AM
I have a Glock 21 that I got about 4 months ago and have only put a couple hundred rounds through it so far but it seems like a great gun. Absolutely no problems at all to this point.
Where do you normally get your ammo from?
I get ammo at Wally world. Lets go shooting some time...

slink
03-26-2006, 10:23 AM
I think H2O said it best, find a way to a range that has all your choices and fire them all. Find which one fits you best. Being in L.E, I've had the chance to shoot most of the ones listed on this thread, and for me my choices are Sig and HK. Nothing agaisnt Clock's, but they just don't feel right in my hands, but still a good gun. And like one of my old range masters once said, "Be a squeeze not a Jerk"

cdog
03-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Do you notice how everytime we have one of these gun threads we have good conversation and most of the time the trolls stay away? :)

slink
03-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Do you notice how everytime we have one of these gun threads we have good conversation and most of the time the trolls stay away? :)
They're afraid they might get smoked :)

YeLLowBoaT
03-26-2006, 12:39 PM
maybe is do to the fact that they are canadian? They can't own them up there....
:crossx:

2Driver
03-26-2006, 01:14 PM
I've had the 23 for a number of years and really like it. I am fairly accurate with it (don't shoot all that much) and it is reasonably easy to carry. If you are wearing the right clothes it is concealable as well. I take it on long back country hikes and it has had its share of being bashed about and getting filthy. It's never missed a beat. For my use it's perfect.
However if all you are going to do is shoot paper (or camp in Grizzly territory) then perhaps the 21 is nicer since it has a larger footprint i.e. more accurate

77charger
03-26-2006, 02:47 PM
However if all you are going to do is shoot paper (or camp in Grizzly territory) then perhaps the 21 is nicer since it has a larger footprint i.e. more accurateI would be hesitant with a .45 against a bear at minimum a .357 mag preferebly .44 mag or bigger.Just dont want to piss off the bears anymore with a .45

Havasu Cig
03-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Glocks are ok (I own 4) but definitely not the "perfect" handgun.
The "Perfect" handgun is the one you train with and are most comfortable with. I have a lot of firearms that are fun to shoot, but the time I have with the Glock makes it the "perfect" one for me in a real life situation. ;) :cool:
BTW, If we start talking rifles I will take the M-4.

JAY4SPEED
03-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Here is my vote for rifle HK PSG1:
http://www.hkpro.com/psg1.jpg
I have a HK USP .40 that I love. I was going to go look at the GLOCK 29 for CCW. I love big power in small packages.
Jay

Havasu Cig
03-26-2006, 03:21 PM
I have a HK USP .40 that I love. I was going to go look at the GLOCK 29 for CCW. I love big power in small packages.
Jay
Very nice, but I was not thinking along the same lines. For long range that would be very nice. :cool:

YeLLowBoaT
03-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Jay
I would rather have one of these
http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/rifles/M25.jpg

Havasu Cig
03-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Effective against persons and lightly armored vehicles... :cool:
http://www.barrettrifles.com/military/portfolio/images/19b.jpg
BTW, Notice the primary weapon laying next to the Barrett. I believe that would be an M-4. ;)

Panic Button
03-26-2006, 03:40 PM
For long range, my choice .338L
http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/ai_awsm.jpg

Boozer
03-26-2006, 03:43 PM
If I was going to purchase ANY rifle I'd take a supressed HK MP-5. I have found a few really nice MP5 clones but they're close to 3K before the ATF tax stamps.

Havasu Cig
03-26-2006, 03:44 PM
If I was going to purchase ANY rifle I'd take a supressed HK MP-5. I have found a few really nice MP5 clones but they're close to 3K before the ATF tax stamps.
It's only a 9mm though. Good entry weapon, but I will take the .223 for a field round.

2Driver
03-26-2006, 04:33 PM
I would be hesitant with a .45 against a bear at minimum a .357 mag preferebly .44 mag or bigger.Just dont want to piss off the bears anymore with a .45
No kidding. You can't be too powerful camping big bear country or Africa as far as I am concerned. Hate the thought of pissing off a man eater :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3278File0076-med.jpg

Extreme Marine Az
03-26-2006, 04:55 PM
The "Perfect" handgun is the one you train with and are most comfortable with. I have a lot of firearms that are fun to shoot, but the time I have with the Glock makes it the "perfect" one for me in a real life situation. ;) :cool:
AMEN!!! except for the M-4,,,,,AUG for me!!!

Extreme Marine Az
03-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Effective against persons and lightly armored vehicles... :cool:
http://www.barrettrifles.com/military/portfolio/images/19b.jpg
BTW, Notice the primary weapon laying next to the Barrett. I believe that would be an M-4. ;)
the M-4 is because they dont have a choice,,,

Extreme Marine Az
03-26-2006, 05:00 PM
H-K full auto sear is 10k :cry: , tax stamp is $200 :p

canuck1
03-26-2006, 05:08 PM
maybe is do to the fact that they are canadian? They can't own them up there....
:crossx:
Spoken like a truley clueless person. I guess you should come and get mine since I am not allowed to own them..... :rolleyes:
Canadian is spelled with a capital "C" BTW
77Charger
The 357 is almost useless against a bear or other big animal. My preferred bush guns are 45-70 or Winchester defender with slugs

Boozer
03-26-2006, 05:09 PM
$200 for the gun and $200 for the supressor. I have also been told that when purchasing a class III weapon it may take 1-2 years before the transfer is even approved assuming you do get approved.

BRSTQUEST
03-26-2006, 05:14 PM
The M-4 is an outstanding weapon for the .223 round.....I like the shorter barrel and telescoping stock......Another .223 that I like is the mini 14....I have one set up that if the fecal matter hits the fan I would carry and feel comfortable......The MP5 is the best entry weapon ever made, but I would go with the 10mm version as it offers much more velocity and better stopping power.......

Extreme Marine Az
03-26-2006, 05:17 PM
$200 for the gun and $200 for the supressor. I have also been told that when purchasing a class III weapon it may take 1-2 years before the transfer is even approved assuming you do get approved.
Correct, unless the suppressor is married to the weapon,then its 1 $200 stamp. my last transfer was 3 months. The 1st one took 9 months, excellent investment class 3 weapons

Extreme Marine Az
03-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Spoken like a truley clueless person. I guess you should come and get mine since I am not allowed to own them..... :rolleyes:
Canadian is spelled with a capital "C" BTW
77Charger
The 357 is almost useless against a bear or other big animal. My preferred bush guns are 45-70 or Winchester defender with slugs
How about a .454 Casull? If you can hang on to it!!!

JETEATER
03-26-2006, 05:39 PM
I have a baby desert eagle 45 awsome gun.

Riverkid
03-26-2006, 05:58 PM
I have a 92F Beretta that I hardly ever take out of the safe any more. Also have a .44 mag wheelgun (backup for boar hunts), but I like the single stack .45's. I have a Gold Cup that's been heavily worked over, but my favorite is the Smith 945 from the Performance Center.
That gun shoots way tighter than I can hold it, has thousands of rounds through it and not one failure, period. I have a lot of confidence in that pistol.
Definitely shoot everything you can get your hands on and then buy what you like the best after trying them out. Whatever you like will work fine. Then go buy a couple cases of ammo and practice!
You've been to our "practice range" boozer!
http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/images/firearms/170173_large.jpg

canuck1
03-26-2006, 05:58 PM
How about a .454 Casull? If you can hang on to it!!!
A meat tenderizer for the bear

OGShocker
03-26-2006, 06:10 PM
I picked one of these (XD-45) up (http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl-45acp.shtml) on Friday. Can't wait to go play with it...

Extreme Marine Az
03-26-2006, 06:16 PM
I picked one of these (XD-45) up (http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl-45acp.shtml) on Friday. Can't wait to go play with it...
Is that a Walther/Smith gun?

OGShocker
03-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Is that a Walther/Smith gun?
http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/xd-pistol/45acp/gun/AngleRightLarge.jpg

Extreme Marine Az
03-26-2006, 06:41 PM
http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/xd-pistol/45acp/gun/AngleRightLarge.jpg
Looks like a Walther P-99

Riverkid
03-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Lets go shooting some time...
Can I get it on that? Let's do a dez trip and take out all the toys...

Panic Button
03-26-2006, 07:09 PM
For a combat rifle, my choice is a FAL, nothing like a good old 7.62x51...
http://world.guns.ru/assault/fal_stg58.jpg

Extreme Marine Az
03-26-2006, 07:32 PM
For a combat rifle, my choice is a FAL, nothing like a good old 7.62x51...
http://world.guns.ru/assault/fal_stg58.jpg
I was just thinking about rifles,,,,,,,Steyr Aug in .223, FAL would be OK in a shorty. SA-58 Para or HK-91

BRSTQUEST
03-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Rifles.......I would go with the m-4 or my mini 14.......not as advanced as some others but is a fine piece of equipment.......colt also has a badass carbine but not sure if still available

Riverkid
03-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Rifles, boy, are those sure fun. Right now I'm playing with one of the fairly new 6.8 (.270 cal) uppers on the AR chassis... Nice round.
http://globaltactical.com/_img.upload/NOVESKE%20VAMPIRE%20OUT%20DOORS.jpg

BRSTQUEST
03-26-2006, 07:52 PM
that looks sick.....i hear there is a way to get new ar lowers now somehow that are not on ban list....is this true?????

Wake Havasu
03-26-2006, 11:08 PM
that looks sick.....i hear there is a way to get new ar lowers now somehow that are not on ban list....is this true?????
Yes its true.
Go to Calguns.net and start reading.

cdog
03-26-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm game to go to the range when you guy's are. I'll be taken my BM AR-10 out this weekend to the Pima range in Tucson. It's time to get that new scope sighted in. But I'd like to go local "socal" to shoot the AR's sometime. I just bought a whole case of SA .308.

cdog
03-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Bright spot pawn in riverside. Just down the street from eliminator. Better hurry before they make the new list. :crossx: I'm in AH too. Your welcome to come over and I'll show you what to get and how to build it to stay legal.