PDA

View Full Version : hydrofoil

lovemyultra
06-17-2001, 06:16 PM
Has anyone used a hydrofoil on there outdrive with any luck .I would like to get on plane a little faster ,it is a 21 foot Ultra,454, bravo 1 and a four blade 21 prop thanks

RiverDave
06-18-2001, 01:31 PM
When we first got our Nordic we thought a "whale tail" would really help it out. After looking around at EVERYTHING that I could find I just came to the conclusion that nobody makes a good one. We had 6 or 7 plates CNC Machined and custom bent in different directions. We tried every kind of trial from plane time to top speed with all 7 plates and finally found one that really works well. In my opinion this is the only way to get one that is going to work for your boat. If you have the extra time and $$$$ I could probably figure something out for you.
RiverDave.

dcraig
06-18-2001, 02:00 PM
Do you really have a problem getting that Ultra to plane fast enough? With the torque of a big block and the 4-blade you should be screaming out of the hole. Any cavitation? Maybe its a prop related issue

lovemyultra
06-18-2001, 05:47 PM
cant say it isnt fast enough just trying to see if it can be a little better for the price of the plates is pretty inexpensive